View Full Version : players to bring in

thefifer1959
05-04-2010, 09:22 PM
JOE MBU
Club Cowdenbeath

Height:6'1
Weight:14st 11
Position:Defender

Right then I see a lot of cripes on the site, If you lot have any suggestions on what players Hibs should try and get lets see your list.

Mine is above, He is a Blood and guts defender (central) :thumbsup:

ok giving names lets see your reasons why you think that

Please no fantasy players ie...silly money. be realistic

cabbage07
05-04-2010, 09:28 PM
JOE MBU
Club Cowdenbeath

Right then I see a lot of cripes on the site, If you lot have any suggestions on what players Hibs should try and get lets see your list.

Would like to see Bryson fae kille and Dorman fae St mirren

Future17
05-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Murray Davidson from St Johnstone

HibeeDaz6270
05-04-2010, 09:32 PM
I can see us signing Scott Arfield if Falkirk go down.

Toaods
05-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Jamie McAllister (Bristol City)

Nicky Butt (Newcastle)

PaulSmith
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
JOE MBU
Club Cowdenbeath

Your at the wind up here eh, you've seen Joe playing at Whitburn a couple of years ago and thought he's decent.

Sorry but never in a million years

Reaper
05-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Chris Porter from Derby - replace Benji

Reaper
05-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Murray Davidson from St Johnstone

Wouldn't think Murray would come back to Hibs. I know his sister and I think he was pissed off when the way he was released.

thefifer1959
05-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Scott Arfield,
Good choice young and a work horse.

Bryson: bit light for midfield 9st 7lb. (but young enough to gain weight)

HIBERNIAN 1875
05-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Murray Davidson
Danny Swanson
Jack Ross
Scott Arfield
Mark McLaughlin
Andy Dorman

thefifer1959
05-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Your at the wind up here eh, you've seen Joe playing at Whitburn a couple of years ago and thought he's decent.

You all said that when Bamba was bought from Dunfermline...enough said

darwenhibby
05-04-2010, 09:43 PM
I was watching my nephew playing for Cheltenham today at Crewe.
Crewe had a tidy Centre half called Mitchell-King. I thought he could do a job.
He had pace height and read the game well.

Also watched Clayton Donaldson, no improvement what so ever.

The other thing to comment on was the condition of the pitch, like billiard table compared to Easter road. I said the same last week when we went to Macclesfield.

CapitalHibs
05-04-2010, 09:45 PM
With reports of up to 11 departures and Yogi getting a few bob to spend :wink:: David Gray, Russell Anderson, Ivan Sproule, Leigh Griffiths and Gary O'Conner. First team places for Callum Booth, Kurtis Byrne, Ewan Moyes and Sean Welsh.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2010, 09:47 PM
JOE MBU
Club Cowdenbeath

Is Joe still at Cooden? Did you know his father played for Cameroon in the 1990 World Cup by the way?

thefifer1959
05-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Wouldn't think Murray would come back to Hibs. I know his sister and I think he was pissed off when the way he was released.

pity he was good, mind you I dont blame him for is thoughts

thefifer1959
05-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Is Joe still at Cooden?

Yes m8 he is and turning out real good

Didnt know that about his father in Cameroon team in the 1990 World Cup

Mango Man
05-04-2010, 09:49 PM
What about getting MAC back from Hamilton?? really think he could do a job this time round, got a bit of spl experience behind him now as well.
:notworthy:

jonny
05-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Michael Duberry (St J), he's getting on but would be a rock at the back for a season or two. Played at the highest level and can read a game like a book.
Big and bruising, no-nonsense. Would take Liam Craig from them as well to be honest. Bit of physical presence in the midfield for games against bruisers.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes m8 he is and turning out real good

Good to hear, are you sure he's up to playing for Hibs though? I think he might have been knocked back as a youngster.

Disco Dave
05-04-2010, 09:52 PM
11 Ivan Sproules :agree:

thefifer1959
05-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Good to hear, are you sure he's up to playing for Hibs though? I think he might have been knocked back as a youngster.

Ok its only the 2nd div but ben to see the blues playing a few times and he looks good height & weight wise he doesnt give ground easy needs to improve on his reading of game and use of ball at times but a rock,

Disco Dave
05-04-2010, 09:54 PM
What about getting MAC back from Hamilton?? really think he could do a job this time round, got a bit of spl experience behind him now as well.
:notworthy:

Easy Antoine, you're nae Colin Nish :greengrin

thefifer1959
05-04-2010, 09:55 PM
11 Ivan Sproules :agree:

sorry m8 Sproule made is bed and should lay in it, he jumped quick when an offer came his way, just my opinion

Disco Dave
05-04-2010, 09:57 PM
sorry m8 Sproule made is bed and should lay in it, he jumped quick when an offer came his way, just my opinion

Are you having a laugh? You're memory must be short because he was practically forced out the door.

easty
Zakuani at Peterbrough, solid centre half (granted I've only seen him playing on highlights). They've just gone down, would that sort of player be out of our price range?

Lmc2105
Julian Gray walsall :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Ok its only the 2nd div but ben to see the blues playing a few times and he looks good height & weight wise he doesnt give ground easy needs to improve on his reading of game and use of ball at times but a rock,

At 29 years old, I think his chance might have passed. Hope he can get Cowdenbeath into D1 though, I'd love to see them against the Pars.

J-C

Nothing to do with the fact that Collins emptied him due to his lifestyle at the Volley eh! :wink:

Lmc2105
Zakuani at Peterbrough, solid centre half (granted I've only seen him playing on highlights). They've just gone down, would that sort of player be out of our price range?

Agreed mate
I support the posh sad days today but decent CB very strong absolute steal from Fulham

also Craig Mackail Smith :thumbsup:

whereswallace?
05-04-2010, 10:00 PM

:agree: I remeber him training with Hibs a few years back.Good lad is Joe,solid centre half but not SPL standard IMO.Although some would say that about Gomis and Swanson who were plucked from Cowdenbeath and Berwick.

Mango Man
05-04-2010, 10:01 PM

True. If i had half the talent Nish has, then........then..... then i wouldn't be a very good football player actually.
:wink:

Toaods
05-04-2010, 10:02 PM

100% wrong though... he was advised to go by Mowbray as it was a chance to earn a fee from the transfer and secure better wages at a club that were actively courting him.

That was Mowbray's thoughts as Ivan had 'come into the game late'.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2010, 10:03 PM
100% wrong though... he was advised to go by Mowbray as it was a chance to earn a fee from the transfer and secure better wages at a club that were actively courting him.

Not as late as Joe Mbu would be though.

Toaods
05-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Julian Gray walsall :agree:

...wasn't aware he was there but I saw him at Crystal Palace and he was brilliant. Righty went onto bigger and better clubs but don't think he had the fire in the belly to warrant believing he'd do much in our rough and tumble league.

Hibby 2005
05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Tall no-nonsense CH, midfield playmaker and an attacking RB. These are the priorities.
After that, we graduate more of the U19īs from last season into the first team proper, guys like Booth and Welsh.

J-C
05-04-2010, 10:06 PM

Thought Collins was the manager at the time :confused: Sproule signed for City in june 2007 during Collins's reign.

Lmc2105
05-04-2010, 10:07 PM
...wasn't aware he was there but I saw him at Crystal Palace and he was brilliant. Righty went onto bigger and better clubs but don't think he had the fire in the belly to warrant believing he'd do much in our rough and tumble league.

Agreed toaods ... saw him in the Highlights the last few games for a poor Walsall team and a think he would be a great addition to the squad to good for League 1 out of contract at the end of the season

What bout that defender David Macracken where he these days was a good defender for utd

degenerated
05-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Levein had plans to take him to Dundee United after a couple of seasons at Cowdenbeath :agree:

Toaods
05-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Thought Collins was the manager at the time :confused: Sproule signed for City in june 2007 during Collins's reign.

done deal in advance. Hint:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6361001.stm

J-C
05-04-2010, 10:10 PM
done deal in advance.

Ah I see, I did hear Collins had a lot to do with it, didn't like his bevvying etc.

Liamcee1994
05-04-2010, 10:12 PM
cillian sheridan :dunno:?

PeterboroHibee
05-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Heard rumours we are after Gardyne from Ross County and Leigh Griffiths (from a Dundee fan, if they dont get up). Just rumours though.

In terms of who we need, a lot of work has to be done. Empty 2 of the 4 first team keepers, keep 2 and Flynn. We need at least 1 RB (a proper RB), a big no nonsense CB, midfield needs sorted out, the garbage cleared out and some real battlers brought in, and a proper left midfielder. Upfront is alright, would get rid of Benji and bring another big guy in as competition to Nish though.

In terms of actually players really like the look of Liam Craig, can lose it a bit at times but really good player and loads of fight in him.

thefifer1959
05-04-2010, 10:18 PM
peterborough relegated now two midfielders stand out

Charlie lee
Tommy Rowe

Rowe i would say is the better of the two he is very versatile left, right back or central also been known to play in goals but he prefers midfield

Lmc2105
05-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Heard rumours we are after Gardyne from Ross County and Leigh Griffiths (from a Dundee fan, if they dont get up). Just rumours though.

In terms of who we need, a lot of work has to be done. Empty 2 of the 4 first team keepers, keep 2 and Flynn. We need at least 1 RB (a proper RB), a big no nonsense CB, midfield needs sorted out, the garbage cleared out and some real battlers brought in, and a proper left midfielder. Upfront is alright, would get rid of Benji and bring another big guy in as competition to Nish though.

In terms of actually players really like the look of Liam Craig, can lose it a bit at times but really good player and loads of fight in him.

Heard that aswell mate mind you i thought that there were a couple of players from Roos County that caught the even i though Scott Boyd was another decent player

Lmc2105
05-04-2010, 10:20 PM
peterborough relegated now two midfielders stand out

Charlie lee
Tommy Rowe

Rowe i would say is the better of the two he is very versatile left, right back or central also been known to play in goals

I think Charlie Lee is DECENT player mate had his injuries this year that has led to our down fall also note that Paul Couts will be leaving the club maybe to Preston (where he is atm on loan) but again i think another decent full back

J-C
05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
We need a good solid replacement for Bamba as he's probably away.

2-3 good decent midfielders of decent build and height, can tackle and can pass a bloody ball further than 5 sodding yds.

A big decent CF who can hold up the ball and with a bit of pace.

Another creative midfielder as Zouma aint gonna be here too long.

Don't know who any of these players might be but they must be out there somewhere as other teams seem to be able to find them.

HibeeDaz6270
05-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Jim Obrien from Mwell?

joebakerforever
05-04-2010, 10:44 PM
IMO the strategy used by Levein when at Dundee Utd is the one we should follow.

A mixture of promising players from the lower leagues in Scotland & England of decent physique who are not past their sell-buy date , together with a significant number of graduates from our own youth system.

We should also be wary of bringing in too many imports from abroad with no experience of British football.

As our Achilles heel is having undersized defenders & midfielders, recruitment in these areas should be the priority.

Of course how many of the duds still under contract that can be emptied, might limit what can be done.

HibbyKeith
05-04-2010, 11:03 PM
David Gray - Man Utd, attacking RB,

He recently stated hes a grew up jambo but would not rule out a move to the spl and hibs if the offer was to arrise, hes just been offered a new deal at man u but he wants to be playing first team football and that may well be very limited with united.

there were rumours on here in the last window that we were after him but not seen much about it since, anyone else heard anymore about hibs interest in him? did they actually make an approach? :confused:

thefifer1959
05-04-2010, 11:14 PM
IMO the strategy used by Levein when at Dundee Utd is the one we should follow.

A mixture of promising players from the lower leagues in Scotland & England of decent physique who are not past their sell-buy date , together with a significant number of graduates from our own youth system.

We should also be wary of bringing in too many imports from abroad with no experience of British football.

As our Achilles heel is having undersized defenders & midfielders, recruitment in these areas should be the priority.

Of course how many of the duds still under contract that can be emptied, might limit what can be done.

What age is a sell by date?

but I do agree with what you say, but over the years Hibs have brought in players who after a few games were found to be duds (mind you not as bad as celtics dud Scheidt, Rafael (http://www.kerrydalestreet.com/page/Scheidt%2C+Rafael) ) Brebner,Caldwell and del la cruz to name but a few.
Reason i named Bredner is that he was too slow and always out of sorts shooting at goal, caldwell tended to always give free kicks away out side the box (as was shown when he played for scotland slow switches off to easily and a liability.

MaroonPlatoon
05-04-2010, 11:34 PM
David McCracken plays for MK Dons, was in MK for a course with work and went to MK v Northampton. They also have your former player Matt Doumbe and ex Killie and Rangers player Peter Leven. Must say though wish hearts would go for Aaron Wilbraham and Sam Buldock Wilbraham is a target man but really good on the deck, buldock is fast and a good finisher. All in all was quick impressed with MK even if it was just a Johnstones paint trophy game. Theyr goalie however Willy Gueret was murder.

Toaods
05-04-2010, 11:53 PM
All in all was quick impressed with MK even if it was just a Johnstones paint trophy game. Theyr goalie however Willy Gueret was murder.

expect him to be on our shopping list then...:greengrin

eastmainsmsh
06-04-2010, 12:35 AM
jody morris
andy dorman
leigh griffiths
scott severin
burton o brien
stevie smith
paul hartley
ian harte
jack ross

jgl07
06-04-2010, 12:35 AM
What age is a sell by date?

but I do agree with what you say, but over the years Hibs have brought in players who after a few games were found to be duds (mind you not as bad as celtics dud Scheidt,

Brebner,Caldwell and del la cruz to name but a few.
Reason i named Bredner is that he was too slow and always out of sorts shooting at goal, caldwell tended to always give free kicks away out side the box (as was shown when he played for scotland slow switches off to easily and a liability.
Oh dear. Get a grip.

De La Cruz was so rubbish that Hibs sold him at a substantial profit and he played out the best part of his career in the English Premiership.

Caldwell and Brebner were so bad in their loan spells at Hibs that they were signed full time later.

Brebner had several good seasons at Hibs before moving on (largely down to his 'problem'). Caldwell is such a liability that he now plays in the English Premiership (when he isn't suspended).

This sort of ill informed stuff is making this Board a laughing stock.

ekhibee
06-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Oh dear. Get a grip.

De La Cruz was so rubbish that Hibs sold him at a substantial profit and he played out the best part of his career in the English Premiership.

Caldwell and Brebner were so bad in their loan spells at Hibs that they were signed full time later.

Brebner had several good seasons at Hibs before moving on (largely down to his 'problem'). Caldwell is such a liability that he now plays in the English Premiership (when he isn't suspended).

All about opinions eh? Personally I thought Caldwell was EXTREMELY overrated and sometimes a complete liability at Hibs,De La Cruz was virtually incapable of defending, and apart from 1 game against Hearts, nothing at all out of the ordinary. I've been watching Hibs for over 35 years, and watched both of these 2 regularly while they were at our club. Obviously I must be ill-informed as well, or maybe I just have my own opinion of them. And I'd be very surprised if I was in a minority, regardless of what they went on to do.

HibeeDaz6270
06-04-2010, 01:25 AM
All about opinions eh? Personally I thought Caldwell was EXTREMELY overrated and sometimes a complete liability at Hibs,De La Cruz was virtually incapable of defending, and apart from 1 game against Hearts, nothing at all out of the ordinary. I've been watching Hibs for over 35 years, and watched both of these 2 regularly while they were at our club. Obviously I must be ill-informed as well, or maybe I just have my own opinion of them. And I'd be very surprised if I was in a minority, regardless of what they went on to do.

I would agree with that, Just because they went on to better themselves in there career, does not mean they were great for us. De la cruz was good at times going forward, but defensively not so good. If we were to spend the kind of money on a player now that we did for him, id be expecting alot more. Gary Caldwell was average at Hibs, Average at Celtic and now very average at wigan.

RMG_82
06-04-2010, 04:45 AM
JOE MBU
Club Cowdenbeath

have u been sniffing glue? Joe Mbu is no way SPL standard. I've seen milk turn quicker.

eastmainsmsh
06-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Speaking of Joe Mbu ex junior ............Kris Renton ex Norwich is at Musselburgh athletic now homesickness .... he was some prospect .. worth a punt ?

GlesgaeHibby
06-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Billy Mehmet. Isn't ever going to be a prolific goalscorer, but up top with somebody like Stokes or Riordan he'd help get them plenty of goals.

J-C
06-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Far too many putting forward players that are so below the class we need it's untrue, we want players who can take us forwards not backwards.

Hibs On Tour
06-04-2010, 10:44 AM

MAC was always colin nish IMO... :wink:

Hibs On Tour
06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Oh dear. Get a grip.

Always was, still is and always will be - a bombscare. How Celtic got Martinez to buy that fud is one of life's great mysteries. What a solid defensive line they have now - Bramble and Caldwell! LOL!

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson - "its funny cos its true" :agree:

fife hfc
06-04-2010, 10:51 AM
We need a right back, centre half, centre midfielder, a midfielder with a goal threat and a stronger more direct forward.

right back - Michael hart, David Gray

centre half - Tamika Mkandawire (leyton Orient), zander diamond

centre midfield - Scott arfield, Paul Lawson, Liam Craig

Goal scoring midfielder - Andy dorman. Ryan Flynn

Forward - Garry O'Connor :devil:, Ivan Sproule :devil:, Kevin kyle

hopefully Booth, Welsh are pushing for starts. booth would allow Murray to push into midfield and what people have said about welsh he has a bit of bite about him so would hopefully make us more competitive in this area. Also a new right back would let Wotherspoon push into midfield and yet another option. also with his injury we should have Zemmama for a couple of games next season as well.
going by rumours on here we could have not too bad a side

McD
06-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Speaking of Joe Mbu ex junior ............Kris Renton ex Norwich is at Musselburgh athletic now homesickness .... he was some prospect .. worth a punt ?

Weren't we linked with him a wee while back? Possibly Mixu's summer in charge?

Was supposed to be an exciting prospect. I don't know anything abt him, but maybe worth a wee look/trial over the summer. Would imagine it wouldn't take a huge wage to draw him back into fulltime fitba if Yogi thought he could do a turn?

HIBEES 4 LIFE
06-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Weren't we linked with him a wee while back? Possibly Mixu's summer in charge?

Was supposed to be an exciting prospect. I don't know anything abt him, but maybe worth a wee look/trial over the summer. Would imagine it wouldn't take a huge wage to draw him back into fulltime fitba if Yogi thought he could do a turn?

Nope. He's not nearly good enough.

He came back on loan to Brechin (whilst training with Dundee so they could both have a look at him)

Couldn't get a game for Brechin and was not deemed as good enough for Dundee. Not an SPL footballer

Mango Man
06-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Jo Mbu, did he play for Granton when he was younger?? the name sounds very familiar, if so i remember im being a fantastic player ( this was under 12s mind :wink: ) i'm sure people used to say that Roger Milla was his uncle?!

McD
06-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Nope. He's not nearly good enough.

He came back on loan to Brechin (whilst training with Dundee so they could both have a look at him)

Couldn't get a game for Brechin and was not deemed as good enough for Dundee. Not an SPL footballer

Fair enuf mate, happy to accede to ur superior knowledge.

Just remembered his name getting bandied abt a while back.

:greengrin

HIBEES 4 LIFE
06-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Fair enuf mate, happy to accede to ur superior knowledge.

Just remembered his name getting bandied abt a while back.

:greengrin

Think he had a pretty bad injury and was never the same again.
Still young but dont fancy seeing him in green and white (unless Neil "ginger prick" Lennon signs him:wink:)

Wotherspiniesta
06-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I'd like to see us try bring in Lukas Jutkiewicz

And an attacking RB. Maybe Gray on loan from Man Utd?

An outright winger with pace aswell.

SteveHFC
06-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Michael Hart
Zander Diamond
Scott Arfield
Liam Craig
Garry O'Connor

Hibby 2005
06-04-2010, 12:37 PM
We don't need forwards, we do need half a new defence, a stronger midfield with more pace and skill on the wings, oh aye, and a Manager who can walk the walk and learn to keep his trap shut now and again.

green.and.white
06-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Swanson, Conway, Gomis and Buaben....

Oscar Lomax
06-04-2010, 02:21 PM
You all said that when Bamba was bought from Dunfermline...enough said

Yes and Im still sticking with what I said then.

Wotherspiniesta
06-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Yes and Im still sticking with what I said then.
:yawn:

HibbyAndy
06-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Bauben and Gomis would do ***** wonders in our team.

euro Hibby
06-04-2010, 03:57 PM
glad to see nobody mentioned Bob Malcolm !

There are loads of players to be had , its finding the right ones that fit the bill and don't cost too much.......me I would like to see Snodgrass of leeds play for Hibs especially since leeds might just not make it up a divission.

cheltenhamhibee
06-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I was watching my nephew playing for Cheltenham today at Crewe.
Crewe had a tidy Centre half called Mitchell-King. I thought he could do a job.
He had pace height and read the game well.

Also watched Clayton Donaldson, no improvement what so ever.

The other thing to comment on was the condition of the pitch, like billiard table compared to Easter road. I said the same last week when we went to Macclesfield.

who's your nephew DH ? mon the robins :thumbsup::thumbsup:

fife hfc
06-04-2010, 04:40 PM
We don't need forwards, we do need half a new defence, a stronger midfield with more pace and skill on the wings, oh aye, and a Manager who can walk the walk and learn to keep his trap shut now and again.

I think we do. we need a striker with a physical presence and aggression and if possible decent pace. Not one of the strikers at the club fit this type of striker and with benji away in the summer (it seems beyond doubt he will be away) we will require another forward.

steakbake
06-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Mehmet from St Mirren

George "The White Pele" Boyd from Peterborough (on loan at Notts Forest), but doubt we'd be able to afford his potential wages.

Oscar Lomax
06-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Mehmet from St Mirren

George "The White Pele" Boyd from Peterborough (on loan at Notts Forest), but doubt we'd be able to afford his potential wages.

I mentioned him ages ago and got shot down. Is he any better than Nish though?
I can see Yogi's point in bringing in players that will improve and enhance the squad, ultimately being better than the players that will get emptied.
We have some good youngsters there too, I just hope Yogi has the ability to coach them and use them correctly.

Hibeebor
06-04-2010, 06:16 PM
jody morris
andy dorman
leigh griffiths
scott severin
burton o brien
stevie smith
paul hartley
ian harte
jack ross

Those players are way below the standard I'd hope to see at Easter Road to help us progress...

Swanson would be a great signing.

eastmainsmsh
06-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Those players are way below the standard I'd hope to see at Easter Road to help us progress...

Swanson would be a great signing.

Fair doos respect bud .... but with the wages we pay and transfer fees its hard to attract higher quality to come to hibs unless it on a bosman ........ like the thought of liam craig he has had a good season for saints :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
06-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Could we even afford Messi's boot laces?

hibsbollah
06-04-2010, 07:55 PM
JOE MBU
Club Cowdenbeath

15 stone? is that soaking wet?:bitchy:

Long suffering
06-04-2010, 08:49 PM
we need a big hardman in midfield, does anyone have any suggestions? oh and a right back

Long suffering
06-04-2010, 08:52 PM
if we ship off strikers then id like big goc back obv, or big grant holt looks a great player at norwich, although he would be in champ next year so wages could be a stumbling block

HibeeDaz6270
06-04-2010, 09:26 PM
if we ship off strikers then id like big goc back obv, or big grant holt looks a great player at norwich, although he would be in champ next year so wages could be a stumbling block

Even if Norwich didnt get promoted, we could still never afford him. Way out our budget after the season he has had.

Long suffering
06-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Even if Norwich didnt get promoted, we could still never afford him. Way out our budget after the season he has had.

yeah fair dooz. was just thinking there was a wee chance saying hes league 1 but champ clubs would go after him im sure

PISTOL1875
06-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Billy Mehmet..
Jim O'Brien..
Danny Swanson..
Stevie Smith..
Mark Reynolds..
Micheal Duberry..

All of the above would improve our team I think...

Perspective
06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Billy Mehmet..
Jim O'Brien..
Danny Swanson..
Stevie Smith..
Mark Reynolds..
Micheal Duberry..

All of the above would improve our team I think...

The more I see of Billy Mehmet the more I think he could step up a level. Works his socks off, has decent technique and would offer us a proper target man type to vary things going forward.

Swanson would be well outwith our budget and Duberry has already said he will go back down south in the summer. I'd rather see Callum Booth promoted than sign Stevie Smith, and Mark Reynolds is very similar to Paul Hanlon. We'd need a more physical centre-back to complement him.

Despite his age I think Jack Ross would be a good signing. I know he allegedly didn't get on too well with Yogi at Falkirk latterly but he's a solid seven-out-of-ten performer who attacks well and would provide great back up for David Wotherspoon to be pushed further forward. Not a signing for the long-term, but a model pro like that would also be good for the dressing room. Similar to David Weir at Rangers.

Sir David Gray
06-04-2010, 11:06 PM
If we bring back Ivan Sproule in the summer then that will do for me. :agree:

:pray:

joe_hfc
06-04-2010, 11:14 PM

really? if ivan sproule was our only signing in the summer i'd be very very dissapointed.

Hibeebor
06-04-2010, 11:14 PM

He was such a great player to have in your team... Utterly pish for the most part but electric pace and just had this nack of scaring the hell out of the opposing team. I'd have Ivan back in a flash.

Sir David Gray
06-04-2010, 11:33 PM
really? if ivan sproule was our only signing in the summer i'd be very very dissapointed.

I would be absolutely delighted if he came back to Hibs.

I would be just as excited by his return as I was about Derek Riordan coming back, perhaps even more so.

That's how highly I rate everything about the guy. Not just his footballing ability but also the enthusiasm and commitment that he would bring to the club. I think he would be invaluable in making all the doom and gloom and general apathy, that has shrouded the club in recent months, disappear.

He might not always deliver but the way in which he plays, he always gets people off their seat in anticipation. IIRC, I think he was the top player for assists the year before he left us.

I don't think we've ever replaced him, to be honest.

Tollhouse Hibee
07-04-2010, 09:19 AM
A strong hard and pacy centre back
A midfielder who can graft and bully others
A striker who can hold the ball up and win headers against good centre halfs (like mixu in his playing days)

PeterboroHibee
07-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Agree, and I love Ivan, think he was a great player and would love to see him back at the club at some point, but a pacy winger isnt someone who is going to solve our defensive and midfield (in terms of fight) problems, which for me are more immediate.

BT58
07-04-2010, 11:15 AM
charlie mulgrew
michael hart
michael duberry
jody morris
scott arfield
+that winger from motherwell[obrien????]
depending on whos leaving mind
at least morris+duberry would give us a bit bite
hb

Perspective
07-04-2010, 11:22 AM
A strong hard and pacy centre back
A midfielder who can graft and bully others Alex Neil?
A striker who can hold the ball up and win headers against good centre halfs (like mixu in his playing days) Billy Mehmet?

Add a footballing right-back to your list and I fully agree.

Can't think of anyone within Scotland (realistically) that fits the centre-back criteria. Always like Neill Collins, who has just moved to Leeds on loan. Think Neil and Mehmet would be decent options for the other two, though no doubt Yogi will be looking further afield and making good use of his contacts.

Stevie Reid
07-04-2010, 11:27 AM
The more I see of Billy Mehmet the more I think he could step up a level. Works his socks off, has decent technique and would offer us a proper target man type to vary things going forward.

Swanson would be well outwith our budget and Duberry has already said he will go back down south in the summer. I'd rather see Callum Booth promoted than sign Stevie Smith, and Mark Reynolds is very similar to Paul Hanlon. We'd need a more physical centre-back to complement him.

Despite his age I think Jack Ross would be a good signing. I know he allegedly didn't get on too well with Yogi at Falkirk latterly but he's a solid seven-out-of-ten performer who attacks well and would provide great back up for David Wotherspoon to be pushed further forward. Not a signing for the long-term, but a model pro like that would also be good for the dressing room. Similar to David Weir at Rangers.

I'm certainly warming to the idea of Mehmet as a potential Hibs player, wouldn't have entertained the idea at the start of the season.

I've always been impressed by Ross when I've seen him too. Mind you, DVZ seemed to be the model of consistency at Love Street (did he not even win their PotY award?), but as much as I wanted the guy to be a success, he didn't have a good time with us.

Westie1875
07-04-2010, 11:36 AM
From the article in today's EEN it seems that Gow is desperate to stay, if he shows up well from now to the end of the season I wouldn't be unhappy with that.

Judas Iscariot
07-04-2010, 11:46 AM
A tall, strong, commanding centre half to replace Bamba and partner Hanlon or Thicot.. - Duberry for example

A seasoned, dependable, attacking RB.. - Michael Hart for example

A centre midfielder with physical presence and the ability to pick a pass.. - Bob Malcolm for example

A right winger/midfielder with pace.. - Ivan Sproule for example

A big, tall, strong target man up top that will win more than he'll lose in the air and hold defenders off and bring our players into the game.. Kevin Kyle for example

Do all that and we'll win the league..

FACT

Hibs On Tour
07-04-2010, 12:30 PM
A tall, strong, commanding centre half to replace Bamba and partner Hanlon or Thicot.. - Duberry for example

A seasoned, dependable, attacking RB.. - Michael Hart for example

A centre midfielder with physical presence and the ability to pick a pass.. - Bob Malcolm for example

A right winger/midfielder with pace.. - Ivan Sproule for example

A big, tall, strong target man up top that will win more than he'll lose in the air and hold defenders off and bring our players into the game.. Kevin Kyle for example

Do all that and we'll win the league..

FACT

Just what we need for team unity - someone in the dressing room who will go grassing his teammates up to the old bill! :faf:

And Bob Malcolm in centre mid? :faf: :faf:

Thanks for those - brought tears to me eyes! :greengrin

hibsbollah
07-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Just what we need for team unity - someone in the dressing room who will go grassing his teammates up to the old bill! :faf:

:bitchy: Quite right too, those 'teammates' came close to beating someone to death. Duberry came out of that case with his head held high IIRC, unlike Woodgate and Bowyer.

Hibs On Tour
07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
:bitchy: Quite right too, those 'teammates' came close to beating someone to death. Duberry came out of that case with his head held high IIRC, unlike Woodgate and Bowyer.

Not quite true. Same kind of kick-off that can happen to anyone out on a Saturday night. Woodgate and Bowyer got stuck in the frame because they were 'names' and viewed as being likely to pay off anyone making such accusations. There was a lot of stuff surrounding that which wasn't how it was painted to be...

Speedway
07-04-2010, 12:48 PM
We will sign:

Anderson
Gow
Hart
Pastabaic
O'Connor
Mkandawire

hibsbollah
07-04-2010, 12:49 PM
There was a lot of stuff surrounding that which wasn't how it was painted to be...

This sounds like a TQM post:faf:. 'Stuff' like what?

Hibs On Tour
07-04-2010, 12:50 PM
We will sign:

Anderson
Gow
Hart
Pastabaic
O'Connor
Mkandawire

HP, Daddies or Heinz? :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
07-04-2010, 12:51 PM
This sounds like a TQM post:faf:. 'Stuff' like what?

For another time and place - taking the thread way off-topic for which I apologise! :wink:

Speedway
07-04-2010, 12:52 PM
hp, daddies or heinz? :greengrin

bbq

Judas Iscariot
07-04-2010, 01:06 PM

And Bob Malcolm in centre mid? :faf: :faf:

Thanks for those - brought tears to me eyes! :greengrin

So Duberry isn't a good player cos he's a "grass"..

What's that got to do with his football ability :rolleyes:

Bob Malcom would be a immense signing, most of the posters on here agree :agree:

Thank **** your not on the scouting committee..

Hibs On Tour
07-04-2010, 01:14 PM

Bob Malcom would be a immense signing, most of the posters on here agree :agree:

Its not just about ability - its fitting them in with the rest of the players. For the record, I think he's average as a player - nowt special.

Bob Malcolm - guess what? I disagree with most of the posters regarding him. So sue me!

PS - none of us are on the scouting committee treacle, not even you... :wink:

BT58
07-04-2010, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=Hibs On Tour;2419741]Just what we need for team unity - someone in the dressing room who will go grassing his teammates up to the old bill! :faf:

if duberry held our defence together it might just give the goalie[whoever he may be] some xtra confidence
morris would be the kind of player we have been lacking all season,,the in yer face type of player
would luv anderson to be there too,,,but im sure hes about to sign an extension with derby
hb

Perspective
07-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Derek McInnes has said repeatedly that Duberry wants to go back down south from next season for family reasons (where have we heard that line before from an English centre-back?)

Hibs On Tour - think the touting for Bob Malcolm is a Hibs.net 'in joke', the way Stephen Dobbie was for ages. At least, I hope for Number_10's sake it was.

killie-hibby
07-04-2010, 03:45 PM
We will sign:

Anderson
Gow
Hart
Pastabaic
O'Connor
Mkandawire

If its Russell Anderson Derby County will require an unaffordable transfer fee,as he has or is about to sign a three year contract.

green.and.white
07-04-2010, 04:10 PM
We will sign:

Anderson
Gow
Hart
Pastabaic
O'Connor
Mkandawire

I hope we have enough pennes to afford him :agree:

GloryGlory
07-04-2010, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=Hibs On Tour;2419741]Just what we need for team unity - someone in the dressing room who will go grassing his teammates up to the old bill! :faf:

if duberry held our defence together it might just give the goalie[whoever he may be] some xtra confidence
morris would be the kind of player we have been lacking all season,,the in yer face type of playerwould luv anderson to be there too,,,but im sure hes about to sign an extension with derby
hb

I thought that was why Paddy Cregg was brought in. :wink: :wink:

PeterboroHibee
07-04-2010, 06:46 PM

Haha Bob Malcolm wouldnt be a good signing. He got punted from an Australian side for being pish (having seen highlights of a few of his games, so many errors resulting in goals, and is more or less back up at a first division side, yet he would be immense for a side who should be challenging for 3rd?

Judas Iscariot
07-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Haha Bob Malcolm wouldnt be a good signing. He got punted from an Australian side for being pish (having seen highlights of a few of his games, so many errors resulting in goals, and is more or less back up at a first division side, yet he would be immense for a side who should be challenging for 3rd?

Clueless :bye:

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 07:16 PM

You obviously don't know a player, when its right in front of you.:faf:

PeterboroHibee
07-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Clueless :bye:

Ill assume youre joking.

joe_hfc
07-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I would be absolutely delighted if he came back to Hibs.

I would be just as excited by his return as I was about Derek Riordan coming back, perhaps even more so.

That's how highly I rate everything about the guy. Not just his footballing ability but also the enthusiasm and commitment that he would bring to the club. I think he would be invaluable in making all the doom and gloom and general apathy, that has shrouded the club in recent months, disappear.

He might not always deliver but the way in which he plays, he always gets people off their seat in anticipation. IIRC, I think he was the top player for assists the year before he left us.

I don't think we've ever replaced him, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be dissapointed if we signed him, but if he was our only signing I'd be a bit confused at Yogi's strategy.

We are screaming out for a natural, strong right back; a hard-man midfielder; and probably a creative midfielder and centre back soon enough to replace the ambitious Zemmama and Bamba. Yes, a fast exciting right winger such as sproule wouldn't be bad, but if we signed him over the said positions, I'd be perplexed.

Signing Sproule would be underwhelming for me. Yes he's an exciting player, he can create opportunities, but if we take our 'Ibrox 3-0 tinted glasses off' (that doesn't work really does it :greengrin) and think back, we will remember what a frustrating player he was, always flattering to decieve, missing numerous chances, leaving the RB exposed etc etc. He obviously has talent but he definetly wouldn't be top of my list.

hibsbollah
07-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be dissapointed if we signed him, but if he was our only signing I'd be a bit confused at Yogi's strategy.

We are screaming out for a natural, strong right back; a hard-man midfielder; and probably a creative midfielder and centre back soon enough to replace the ambitious Zemmama and Bamba. Yes, a fast exciting right winger such as sproule wouldn't be bad, but if we signed him over the said positions, I'd be perplexed.

Signing Sproule would be underwhelming for me. Yes he's an exciting player, he can create opportunities, but if we take our 'Ibrox 3-0 tinted glasses off' (that doesn't work really does it :greengrin) and think back, we will remember what a frustrating player he was, always flattering to decieve, missing numerous chances, leaving the RB exposed etc etc. He obviously has talent but he definetly wouldn't be top of my list.

He was regularly castigated on here for having a terrible delivery. I'm sure it would be exactly the same if he came back.

Personally, i'd love him back.

Speedway
08-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Derek McInnes has said repeatedly that Duberry wants to go back down south from next season for family reasons (where have we heard that line before from an English centre-back?)

Hibs On Tour - think the touting for Bob Malcolm is a Hibs.net 'in joke', the way Stephen Dobbie was for ages. At least, I hope for Number_10's sake it was.

There's no danger we'll get Dobbie this time round. Chance missed that one.

If its Russell Anderson Derby County will require an unaffordable transfer fee,as he has or is about to sign a three year contract.

Hasn't done yet to my knowledge and could still be a free asian.

I hope we have enough pennes to afford him :agree:

Where was Pinau from, Parma? We're looking at one of their youth players, a Venuzualan boy called Thome Cruz.

Peevemor
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Hasn't done yet to my knowledge and could still be a free asian.

Is that not a breed of cattle? :confused:

Allant1981
08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
i dont honestly care who comes in during the summer as long as he is better than what we have already

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2010, 12:16 PM
i dont honestly care who comes in during the summer as long as he is better than what we have already

:agree::top marks