PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates St Johnstone 0 Dundee Utd 1

DoonTheSlope
05-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Well they are tonight anyway.

Come on the Saints, keep the Jambos out the top six and give us a fighting chance against the Arabs.

GGTTH

hibsboy90
05-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Resigned to 4th place and fancy a derby at ER over an away match in Perth.

Draw would be nice.

Toaods
05-04-2010, 06:12 PM
nice to see the Yams plummet continue so 'mon the Saintees for me.

hibee_girl
05-04-2010, 06:22 PM
tbh I'd rather another derby over playing St J's away again

PeterboroHibee
05-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I hope St Johnstone win as dont really like United, and it means they arent moving further away (if we can manage to actually win some games 3rd isnt gone). If Saints get top 6 though could possibly mean another pumping with Yogi being out thought tactically yet again..

Davy Mac
05-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Never, ever, ever, ever, ever want Hearts to win anything - period.

Sir David Gray
05-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't relish a trip up there but I hope Hearts finish in the bottom six, just because it would be funny. :faf:

Mikey
05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Surely a St Johnstone win is a no brainer.

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM

Should be what we all want.

Rasta_Hibs
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM

Totally! I want Hearts bottom 6 and i dont want dundee utd any further away from us.

Telling all the jambos i know that they are a bottom 6 club over the summer is better than a win over them!

Saorsa
05-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Surely a St Johnstone win is a no brainer.:agree:

'mon St Johnstone :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
05-04-2010, 07:57 PM
St Johnstone miss a penalty. :grr:

Westie1875
05-04-2010, 07:59 PM
St Johnstone miss a penalty. :grr:

Useless :grr:

PC Stamp
05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Arabs keeper was just about at the penalty spot before the ball was kicked!

hibee_girl
05-04-2010, 08:11 PM
1-0 Utd :grr:

Sir David Gray
Daly scores for United. :boo hoo:

Dunbar Hibee
****:grr:

SteveHFC
1-0 Utd:grr:

TheMentalHibees

the_ginger_hibee
05-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Ahh...buckle up for another below par derby performance! :dizzy:

Dunbar Hibee
05-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I fear 3rd place is gone for us:boo hoo:

J-C
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM

SSsshhhh!! don't tell Yogi that.:greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Bit of a travesty Utd being 1-0 up.

They are carrying a fair bit of luck at the moment. don't forget that Liam Craig is the guy who thumped a late pen in against us....tonight he proceeds to miss against Utd then misses a crucial tackle which he should easily win in the run up to their goal.

:grr: :boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
05-04-2010, 08:18 PM

3rd place went last Wednesday, tonight's result just sort of puts a lid on things.

cabbage07
05-04-2010, 08:19 PM

You didnt honestly think we would get it?
Utd are a far better than us .

Saorsa
05-04-2010, 08:22 PM
boo :grr:

Betty Boop
05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Their away form is very good.

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Their away form is very good.

IIRC, they've lost only twice away from home this season.

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2010, 09:01 PM
IIRC, they've lost only twice away from home this season.

:agree: Although our home record is better than theirs by 4 points, it's away from home that they've made it count - they've won 3 more than we have.

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 09:07 PM
:agree: Although our home record is better than theirs by 4 points, it's away from home that they've made it count - they've won 3 more than we have.

Yup. 8 ahead of us now and that gap will grow :grr: IMHO.

Were we no 6 ahead of them not that long ago!!!

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2010, 09:09 PM

It might grow - noone knows. It depends on who we both draw at home after the top 6 - our record at home's decent, there's not so good.

They're due a bad run as well.

Toaods
05-04-2010, 09:11 PM

only 6 games left - not much time to put together too bad a 'run'..:cool2:

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 09:12 PM
It might grow - noone knows. It depends on who we both draw at home after the top 6 - our record at home's decent, there's not so good.

I'm assuming we'll no win another game tbh :grr:

Westie1875
05-04-2010, 09:13 PM

On the other hand, we have Hamilton in the next game while they have the huns and we still have to play each other once. If we get our act together and continue the improvement from the weekend the gap could be smaller.

Toaods
05-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Rangers

Celtic

D.Utd

Hearts

Motherwell

..... I see one (if we get them at home)

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2010, 09:17 PM
only 6 games left - not much time to put together too bad a 'run'..:cool2:

They could lose 6 on the bounce. That's almost worthy of a sacking for some.

cabbage07
05-04-2010, 09:22 PM

2 WINS OUT OF 12 and that was against the two bottom teams you might be right .

Hibby 2005
05-04-2010, 09:31 PM
We should be concentrating on who´s behind us.
Utd. are now too far ahead of us IMHO although 3rd would have been nice.
4th is now the priority as 5th spot would just be embarrassing and knowing our luck might not even be enough to get into Europe if there´s an upset in the Scottish Cup.

Toaods
05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
They could lose 6 on the bounce. That's almost worthy of a sacking for some.

they won't though...of that I'm sure.

PeterboroHibee
05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
We should be concentrating on who´s behind us.
Utd. are now too far ahead of us IMHO although 3rd would have been nice.
4th is now the priority as 5th spot would just be embarrassing and knowing our luck might not even be enough to get into Europe if there´s an upset in the Scottish Cup.

Hardly. It would be disappointing, considering the position we were in, but its still a big improvement on last season.

As for United, they havent really had a proper bad run this season, hopefully they might just have it over the split and give us a brief hope of keeping 3rd alive. Would say we are more or less out of it if that doesnt happen however.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 10:04 PM

I know, we should never be 4th, thats so much beneath us these days.

Fantic
05-04-2010, 10:10 PM

That's the spirit

J-C
05-04-2010, 10:16 PM

Don't you just love TQM, he certainly knows how to cheer up all us Hibbies eh.
Soon It'll be relegation, sack Yogi, get rid of the board blah blah blah.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 10:21 PM
That's the spirit

That's the opinion - and I'm no the only one with said opinion.

Hibby 2005
05-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Hardly. It would be disappointing, considering the position we were in, but its still a big improvement on last season.

As for United, they havent really had a proper bad run this season, hopefully they might just have it over the split and give us a brief hope of keeping 3rd alive. Would say we are more or less out of it if that doesnt happen however.

5th, after being 3rd for so long would be a bit more than dissapointing IMHO although not the end of the world.
The real dissapointment of this season has been our meek exit from the Scottish Cup as the draw had been so kind to us and might not be again for some time.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Don't you just love TQM, he certainly knows how to cheer up all us Hibbies eh.
Soon It'll be relegation, sack Yogi, get rid of the board blah blah blah.:greengrin

Yip, all from someone who rarely See's a game involving Hibs.:confused:

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Yip, all from someone who rarely See's a game involving Hibs.:confused:

:faf:

Westie1875
05-04-2010, 10:28 PM

Perhaps not, but you're the only one who has a pop at Hibs/Yogi at every single opportunity. At times it seems like you enjoy it.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Perhaps not, but you're the only one who has a pop at Hibs/Yogi at every single opportunity. At times it seems like you enjoy it.

Spot on, yet disappears when we win.

Fantic
05-04-2010, 10:32 PM

We're and under the cosh, but still fourth place with everything to play for. Every chance we can turn this around and finish on a high.

No?

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 10:32 PM

:faf: 'every single opportunity' :faf:

Sir David Gray
05-04-2010, 10:34 PM

I think "embarrassing" is probably the wrong word but finishing 5th this year would be nowhere near being a "big improvement" on last year. We were 12 points above Motherwell at one stage, now the gap's just two points, so if we ended up finishing below them then I would consider that to be quite a significant failure on our part.

As for 3rd, there is no chance of that happening now. Our record in the post-split fixtures, when we have been in the top six, is very poor. We generally only pick up about five points in those games so even if we beat Hamilton at the weekend and we pick up the five points after the split, we can only get even with Dundee Utd's current points total.

Westie1875
05-04-2010, 10:34 PM
:faf: 'every single opportunity' :faf:

What is it that you find so hilarious about that?

Removed
05-04-2010, 10:37 PM

He knows, but he won't tell you

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 10:44 PM

Do you honestly think I've never post any positive?

I have been negative for weeks but there's been cause the season has imploded!

Westie1875
05-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Do you honestly think I've never post any positive?

I have been negative for weeks but there's been cause the season has imploded!

Thats not what I said though is it.

Do you honestly not think that recently you've been having a pop at every opportunity repeating the same stuff over and over again like a broken record?

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Spot on, yet disappears when we win.

:faf: That's absolute pish - and you know it. Was Killie the last home win?

I was there - dispelling another lie you repeat about me - and have a look at my posts on said day and the day after :wink:

Look forward to the apology

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 10:50 PM
:faf: That's absolute pish - and you know it. Was Killie the last home win?

I was there - dispelling another lie you repeat about me - and have a look at my posts on said day and the day after :wink:

Look forward to the apology

We won last week.

Vince White
05-04-2010, 10:50 PM
St J can still make the top six at Hearts' expense if they beat Aberdeen at Pittodrie (entirely possible given how poor the sheep are) and Hearts lose at home to Killie (also entirely possible given Killie are still looking for points to pull away from the drop zone).

As for the arabs, I don't think they're much better than us, just better organised, or arguably better managed. I think we're entitled to feel disappointed to have lost so much ground to them in recent weeks when we had looked to have a good hold of third spot.

resident_Arab
05-04-2010, 10:52 PM
5th, after being 3rd for so long would be a bit more than dissapointing IMHO although not the end of the world.
The real dissapointment of this season has been our meek exit from the Scottish Cup as the draw had been so kind to us and might not be again for some time.

Its quite depressing, especially when you do it two seasons running and lose out on even 4th both times on last day to an Aberdeen side you feel you are better than :grr:

Think we are getting our rewards this season for those disappointments (unless there is a dramatic late collapse).

That game tonight, we played nowhere near our best but pulled off the win somehow(it was our 4th visit to McDiarmid this season to be fair), thats what Celtic and especially Rangers have made a career out of doing for the past 119 years

Dont like the talk of catching Celtic, its huge longshot and really isnt gonna happen, more than happy if we hold onto 3rd.

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Thats not what I said though is it.

Do you honestly not think that recently you've been having a pop at every opportunity repeating the same stuff over and over again like a broken record?

Err., just said I've been negative - given the dross on show I think its justified tbh. You will have noticed that I'm not alone - yes?

resident_Arab
05-04-2010, 10:53 PM
As for 3rd, there is no chance of that happening now. Our record in the post-split fixtures, when we have been in the top six, is very poor. We generally only pick up about five points in those games so even if we beat Hamilton at the weekend and we pick up the five points after the split, we can only get even with Dundee Utd's current points total.

Our record in the split the last two seasons has cost us big time aswell
pld 10 w1 d3 l6 :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Err., just said I've been negative - given the dross on show I think its justified tbh. You will have noticed that I'm not alone - yes?

How would you know whats on show, you are never there?

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 10:57 PM

Was there anyone wanting Levein out after that?

Vince White
05-04-2010, 10:59 PM

I think we'd all have been delighted pre-season if we knew we were going to finish fourth (hopefully we can), but it's fair enough to be disappointed at how we've slipped so badly off the pace in the chase for third surely?

Westie1875
05-04-2010, 11:00 PM

Yes, I said you've been negative. In what way does that imply I think you've never said anything positive?

My point is that you are always repeating the same negative stuff on just about every thread I see you post on and in my opinion can't seem to resist having a pop. Yes, other people are posting some negative stuff, but your posts stand out as you seem to be reveling in it at times.

Fantic
05-04-2010, 11:00 PM

At Easter Road?

Vince White
05-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Its quite depressing, especially when you do it two seasons running and lose out on even 4th both times on last day to an Aberdeen side you feel you are better than :grr:

Think we are getting our rewards this season for those disappointments (unless there is a dramatic late collapse).

That game tonight, we played nowhere near our best but pulled off the win somehow(it was our 4th visit to McDiarmid this season to be fair), thats what Celtic and especially Rangers have made a career out of doing for the past 119 years

Dont like the talk of catching Celtic, its huge longshot and really isnt gonna happen, more than happy if we hold onto 3rd.

You'll finish third no problem. Be brilliant if you did get second but as you say it's not really likely.

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes, I said you've been negative. In what way does that imply I think you've never said anything positive?

'every single opportunity' - the every implies no other alternative to me.

I respectfully suggest you put me on ignore - I won't be offended or upset - indeed it sounds like we'll both be happier :aok:

Vince White
05-04-2010, 11:06 PM

My point is that you are always repeating the same negative stuff on just about every thread I see you post on and in my opinion can't seem to resist having a pop. Yes, other people are posting some negative stuff, but your posts stand out as you seem to be reveling in it at times.

I don't tend to study who posts what, but I've had a real pop at Hibs and Yogi in particular in recent weeks too because I think it's been justified. I doubt any Hibs fan 'revels' in seeing the team struggle but sometimes frustration just boils over, especially when you're subjected to pitiful 'performances' like the derby and embarrrassments like the Ross County defeat. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and at heart all we want to see is a team we can be proud of.

Hainan Hibs
05-04-2010, 11:08 PM
At Easter Road?

Aye, 2-1 United if I remember correctly.

Only remember that because I went on a 5 minute rant about getting Mixu tae f after they scored the winner:boo hoo:.

Think UTD have 3rd in the bag now. Our post split form is piss poor and can't see us over-turning a 8 point gap.

I'll take 4th and hope Yogi continues to build over the summer.

Sir David Gray
05-04-2010, 11:09 PM

I don't know if you're aware or not but you are, to date, the only side that has failed to finish in the top four, after being 3rd on Christmas Day (this happened last season).

We were 3rd on Christmas Day this season. :worried:

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 11:11 PM
I don't tend to study who posts what, but I've had a real pop at Hibs and Yogi in particular in recent weeks too because I think it's been justified. I doubt any Hibs fan 'revels' in seeing the team struggle but sometimes frustration just boils over, especially when you're subjected to pitiful 'performances' like the derby and embarrrassments like the Ross County defeat. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and at heart all we want to see is a team we can be proud of.

:agree:

Westie1875
05-04-2010, 11:13 PM
'every single opportunity' - the every implies no other alternative to me.

I respectfully suggest you put me on ignore - I won't be offended or upset - indeed it sounds like we'll both be happier :aok:

Every single opportunity means what it says. The alternative would be where there is no opportunity, i.e previously when Yogi wasn't in charge or at the beginning of the season.

I think we should leave it at that. Putting folk on ignore over this thread would be a bit immature though I think, a bit petty.

resident_Arab
05-04-2010, 11:15 PM
At Easter Road?

:lips seal :wink:

Fantic
05-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't know if you're aware or not but you are, to date, the only side that has failed to finish in the top four, after being 3rd on Christmas Day (this happened last season).

Another stat....no team has finished third more than once since the SPL was formed

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 11:21 PM
I think we should leave it at that. Putting folk on ignore over this thread would be a bit immature though I think, a bit petty.

:aok: Never used it myself - although there's been temptation previously I must admit.

Sir David Gray
05-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Another stat....no team has finished third more than once since the SPL was formed

I'm afraid not. Hearts have finished 3rd on four occasions and Hibs have finished 3rd twice.

resident_Arab
05-04-2010, 11:26 PM

Didnt realise that no, it was depressing both seasons going from having a healthy win to lose ratio and good goal differentce and both times having them ebbed away at the death.

2007/08 we were 3rd in Jan, lost Robson, still did well but had the distraction of the CIS Final, after losing that in the way we did(Ref & Kerr passback) we ended up winning 1 maybe 2 more games to the seasons end, was annoying to lose 4th on the last day to an Aberdeen side who scraped into the top 6 in the 33rd game but atleast 4th didnt have a Euro place that season.

Last season was harder to take because 4th had the Euro place but we werent half the team we were after losing Flood and Scott Robertson to injury in the same week in january and it was a big factor in our slump in form, seeing Hearts & Aberdeen sides get the euro places when you know that at your peak that season you were better than them at their peak was depressing, felt a little better seeing Sigma totally pump the sheep i have to say.

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2010, 08:45 AM

Exactly, any opportunity to have a go, yet no appearance on any thread praising the manager or the team. All that from someone who makes as many appearances at easter road as Dundee United.