PDA

View Full Version : League position irrelevant

patlowe
05-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I am a passionate season-ticket holding hibs fan who in the past would have scoffed at the thought of not going to a home game when in possession of a ticket. However, it is important to prioritise in life and after the last few weeks (months?...years?) of mind-crushingly dull performances, I decided I just could not be arsed going yesterday and had more important things to do with my time. I understand the economic landscape of Scottish Football and that we are in a battle for a Europa League place but that does not change the fact that the product on show right now* is dire.

*Little to no football played whatsoever, with hugely talented forwards feeding off of scraps for nigh on three years.

If serious, not overtly critical fans like myself and my mates have had enough then I dread to think how the more reactionary element of our support is responding to what is happening on the park right now. This is not something the fans should be bickering about (ie I'm a better fan than you), it should be something the management and players take on board before season ticket sales take a swan-dive.