PDA

View Full Version : Bamba booked for bouncing the ball

in-me-pocket
05-04-2010, 10:57 AM
wot an absolute joke.

Potential leg breaking tackles going unpunished almost every week but here we get a guy facing a 3 match suspension on the back of getting booked for bouncing the ball off the ground.

Wot an absolute joke.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 11:01 AM
There was hardly one what i'd call bad tackle yesterday, but i think he got that booking right. Although if he had given the right decision instead of the free kick, we would not be discussing this now. Richmonds an arse.

Frazerbob
05-04-2010, 11:02 AM
wot an absolute joke.

Potential leg breaking tackles going unpunished almost every week but here we get a guy facing a 3 match suspension on the back of getting booked for bouncing the ball off the ground.

Wot an absolute joke.

It may be a daft rule and I share your frustration that it carries the same punishment as a bad tackle however Bamba was a complete idiot IMO. He knows that it is a booking, especially when playing one of the Old Firm and presumebly he also knew that he was one booking away from a three match ban.

Hibbyradge
05-04-2010, 11:03 AM
You're right. It was a disgrace.

That's at least the second time he's been booked for showing dissent like that.

He should have known better.

Hibs should fine him.

hibsbollah
05-04-2010, 11:03 AM
He's done it loads of times now, i can recall at least 4 bookings for the bouncing the ball away thing. Ridiculous but he should know the rules.

LaMotta
05-04-2010, 11:09 AM
wot an absolute joke.

Wot an absolute joke.

Bamba was daft given everyone knows it is a booking , but you are right just WHY is it a booking?

What difference is bouncing the ball from from waving your arms and jumping about in frustration, laughing at the ref, or telling them to Eff off like players seem to do in every game?

Remember Sproule getting sent off at Ibrox for bouncing the ball a couple of years ago, whereas recently Kris Boyd only gets a yellow for a forearm smash to Zemammas Coupon, sums up how daft the rule is really.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Bamba was daft given everyone knows it is a booking , but you are right just WHY is it a booking?

What difference is bouncing the ball from from waving your arms and jumping about in frustration, laughing at the ref, or telling them to Eff off like players seem to do in every game?

Remember Sproule getting sent off at Ibrox for bouncing the ball a couple of years ago, whereas recently Kris Boyd only gets a yellow for a forearm smash to Zemammas Coupon, sums up how daft the rule is really.

No, only booked, but it was his 2nd booking. If you do what Sproule and Bamba did, its a booking. We know it, so do the players.

LaMotta
05-04-2010, 11:16 AM
No, only booked, but it was his 2nd booking. If you do what Sproule and Bamba did, its a booking. We know it, so do the players.

I know that, I agree with you which is why I said that Bamba was daft. But it is still a stupid rule.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I know that, I agree with you which is why I said that Bamba was daft. But it is still a stupid rule.

Stupid or not, we all know the consequencies. The only thing that needs clearing up, is why they do it? Another stupid rule, celebrating with the fans off the pitch. A player scores, he goes into the fans, as do 7 or 8 others. Only the scorer gets booked? How daft is that?

Broken Gnome
05-04-2010, 11:19 AM

You'd imagine violent conduct on a ball would be preferable to skelping an opponent right enough... :agree:

LaMotta
05-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Stupid or not, we all know the consequencies. The only thing that needs clearing up, is why they do it? Another stupid rule, celebrating with the fans off the pitch. A player scores, he goes into the fans, as do 7 or 8 others. Only the scorer gets booked? How daft is that?

That is also very very daft. Makes no sense.

Wednesday for instance, the big ugly Dundee United wifey, with the well conditioned long flowing locks bouncing elegantly off his nape, runs over and celebrates in front of Hibs fans at the West Stand. This wasn't a booking but had he ran to his own fans, and got close to them, he would have been booked.

monktonharp
05-04-2010, 07:30 PM
when Bamba bounced the ball in temper,I was raging,and the guy next to me said summit like "calm doon man". he realised what I was on aboot,when the ref produced the card,and looked as if he enjoyed doing it. Bamba needs a guid hard kick up the nuts for doing it.:grr: