PDA

View Full Version : Bit of credit due to Yogi

Vince White
05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm still far from convinced Yogi is the man for the job long-term, but I'm happy to give him some credit for yesterday's performance. OK, it wasn't brilliant but IMHO he finally put out a team with some balance to it and injected some long-overdue steel into proceedings. Quite simply, we looked a lot more determined than of late.

What is hugely frustrating though, is that I think a similar performance would have been more than adequate to take care of Ross County and pick up at least a point in the derby. A case of too little too late in that respect, but if the team can carry that level of application into the remaining games then holding onto fourth place should not be beyond them which, given the dreadful run we've been on, would be something positive to take out of the season.

In that respect, three points at Hamilton are a must. Are we up to it? Hard to say :dunno:

bighairyfaeleith
05-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Yeah I'd agree, I have been fairly critical these last few weeks but yesterday was better and hopefully we can keep it going.

I don't want to see yogi sacked and hope he turns it around. But he still has a lot of work to do if we want to get into europe.

PISTOL1875
05-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah I'd agree, I have been fairly critical these last few weeks but yesterday was better and hopefully we can keep it going.

I don't want to see yogi sacked and hope he turns it around. But he still has a lot of work to do if we want to get into europe.

With Cregg in midfield yesterday the team did have a better look and balance to it... It hasnt looked like this for a long time this season.... It'll be interesting to see what he does when McBride comes back from injury...

No way Cregg should be left out when he does return...

Golden Bear
05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Proof of the pudding in Yogi's Management abilities will come over the summer months and next season.

He seems to have recognised that it's time for some of the familiar faces to pack their bags and be replaced by others who are motivated by pride of performance and success.

I also hope that some of last season's under 19 squad are ready for first team duties next season.

500miles
05-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Yesterday's game changes nothing. The Celtic game was always going to be like that - the players they have, and the attitude that TM will have instilled, which will still be at work on some level, means that we can play our game against them. They will allow us to play football. Other teams don't do that, and I reckon that the first thing we need to do to overcome that will occur duing the transfer window so we can get some big, hard, strong athletes in to protect and do the spade work for the likes of Miller, Wotherspoon, Stokes and Riordan. That doesn't mean they have no responsibilty, but we must become naturally stronger - and Yogi knows it. If he sees a player of the right quality, in that mould, then he will add him to his wishlist.

monktonharp
05-04-2010, 11:42 PM
3 points at Hamilton would give us the nessesary boost,to go on and clinch the 4th spot and europe. whether we've quite got that remains cto be seen and we are up against a wee team that are playing some good football at the moment.we seem to have turned things round a bit as far as effort is concerned,we have better players all round,compared to the Accies but we need to match their will to win on Saturday.