PDA

View Full Version : Stand all paid for and Transfer Kitty....?

Reaper
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
I heard from a fairly reliable source (told me about the return of Deek, Bamba signing, and East stand) that the new East Stand has already been paid for as the money was set aside from last year, some of the Scott Brown sale and some of the Fletcher Money. This obviously impacts on Hughes transfer budget and apparently he's been promised the Money they've saved on the East (Cheaper than originally thought) which is about 400k plus any money he picks up from ALL transfers in the summer, so if he picked up 2m+ for Bamba, + other bits and bobs, it obviously makes for a fairly decent kitty for Yogi to spend and rebuild????? :wink:

Thoughts?

weonlywon6-2
05-04-2010, 09:54 AM
I heard from a fairly reliable source (told me about the return of Deek, Bamba signing, and East stand) that the new East Stand has already been paid for as the money was set aside from last year, some of the Scott Brown sale and some of the Fletcher Money. This obviously impacts on Hughes transfer budget and apparently he's been promised the Money they've saved on the East (Cheaper than originally thought) which is about 400k plus any money he picks up from ALL transfers in the summer, so if he picked up 2m+ for Bamba, + other bits and bobs, it obviously makes for a fairly decent kitty for Yogi to spend and rebuild????? :wink:

Thoughts?

good news if true which it most likely is. no mortgage hanging over the clubs heads for years and years.

well done petrie (again), i think i need some financial tips from him !!!

whiskyhibby
05-04-2010, 09:56 AM
good news if true which it most likely is. no mortgage hanging over the clubs heads for years and years.

well done petrie (again), i think i need some financial tips from him !!!

Petrie for the FSA Board Chairman NOW i say, get those Banks sorted...... :devil::devil:

houston1875
05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Aye,Petrie's a shrewdie like!!

Cocaine&Caviar
05-04-2010, 10:08 AM
It'll be needed with the turnover of players we're likely to see, maybe even up to 10 players...

Maka, Brown, McCann, Cregg, Thicot, Stevenson, Benji, McCormack, Bamba, and Gow.

bubblesmorrison
05-04-2010, 10:08 AM
on the petrie subject was in the behind the goals before the game yesterday and there was this boy about 13ish with his parents petrie walked past and the boy said "aw look theres the gay boy thats petie"
i was rather shocked by this i know petrie often gets a bit stick but do you think most hibs fans have now seen what hes doing and support him?

Hank Schrader
05-04-2010, 10:10 AM
It'll be needed with the turnover of players we're likely to see, maybe even up to 10 players...

Maka, Brown, McCann, Cregg, Thicot, Stevenson, Benji, McCormack, Bamba, and Gow.

I agree that all of those could be shown the door/sold apart from Mark Brown. He is going to get a chance at some point surely?

houston1875
05-04-2010, 10:10 AM
on the petrie subject was in the behind the goals before the game yesterday and there was this boy about 13ish with his parents petrie walked past and the boy said "aw look theres the gay boy thats petie"
i was rather shocked by this i know petrie often gets a bit stick but do you think most hibs fans have now seen what hes doing and support him?

what do you expect fae a 13yr old?

Cocaine&Caviar
05-04-2010, 10:12 AM
I agree that all of those could be shown the door/sold apart from Mark Brown. He is going to get a chance at some point surely?

Surely if he were going to, it would have been done so by now?

We do not need three first team keepers plus Flyn, and I'd want to keep Stack and Smith.

Ronaldo9
05-04-2010, 10:14 AM

Bold will go the rest will stay.

ScottB
05-04-2010, 10:17 AM

We do not need three first team keepers plus Flyn, and I'd want to keep Stack and Smith.

I think Stack will go myself. Pretty sure Brown is on the longest deal of the 3.

Having a bit of cash to spend in the summer bodes well. Gary O'Connor on a free anyone? :greengrin

Mikey
05-04-2010, 10:18 AM
The stand is definitely paid for. In theory all monies now go on the playing side.

Unless they build something else that is!

Ray_
05-04-2010, 10:21 AM

My kids are 12 & 14 and I wouldn't have them speaking about an adult like that especially with me present, its no wonder there is very little respect left.

matty_f
05-04-2010, 10:21 AM
The stand is definitely paid for. In theory all monies now go on the playing side.

Hotel and business complex please...and a helipad.

Seriously, surely now is the time for Rod to invest in an underground volcanic lair.:agree:

Jamesie
05-04-2010, 10:22 AM

Bit of a random thing for a 13 year old to come out with - he's obviously heard it somewhere else before :bitchy:

Hank Schrader
05-04-2010, 10:23 AM

No, Brown will get his chance. It would be ridiculous to take a keeper from Celtic on a three year deal for him not to get an opportunity. I fully expect Brown to be Hibs number one for the start of next season.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Bold will go the rest will stay.

Can you really see Benji being offered a new deal?

Hibbyradge
05-04-2010, 10:27 AM

:dunno:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/wikiality/images/thumb/9/9c/IVORY_TOWER.jpg/400px-IVORY_TOWER.jpg

sleeping giant
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM

Manners :dunno:

MB62
05-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Like a defence and a midfield? :devil: :duck: :greengrin

houston1875
05-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Bit of a random thing for a 13 year old to come out with - he's obviously heard it somewhere else before :bitchy:

yep

basehibby
05-04-2010, 10:35 AM

Wee bawbag needs a fit up his erse at high velocity. So did the parents just sit there and do nothing as their wee nyaff sat there mouthing off???

houston1875
05-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Manners :dunno:

wouldnt know a dont know many 13yr olds :rolleyes:

but yer right tho!

houston1875
05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Wee bawbag needs a fit up his erse at high velocity. So did the parents just sit there and do nothing as their wee nyaff sat there mouthing off???

was just thinking that,parent should have at least said soz when the nyaff said it?

BT58
05-04-2010, 10:39 AM
so does this mean that we will no get the message from the board stating that if you dont buy season tickets then yogis transfer funds will be limited
with the capacity going up to 20k, there will be many who will think about getting a season ticket
hb

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm surprised a 13 year old knew the line up of the village people?

GreenOnions
05-04-2010, 10:43 AM
I would be surprised if there was no additional borrowing as a result of the new stand being built. It may be "paid for" but I doubt it's entirely with our own money at this stage.

sleeping giant
05-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Talking about bairns being wide....

At the match yesterday i heard my boy (10 years old) saying something so i asked him what he said.
"It doesnt matter" he said.
"Tell me" i said.

" Keane your a pr1ck" :shocked:
I nearly died. Folk infront of me heard and were in stiches while i was giving him a row and threatening to ground him:faf:

houston1875
05-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Talking about bairns being wide....

At the match yesterday i heard my boy (10 years old) saying something so i asked him what he said.
"It doesnt matter" he said.
"Tell me" i said.

I nearly died. Folk infront of me heard and were in stiches while i was giving him a row and threatening to ground him:faf:

your boy speaks the truth :faf:

Mikey
05-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Whit? Robbie Keane's a hibs.net admin??

sleeping giant
05-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Whit? Robbie Keane's a hibs.net admin??

Spamheid:greengrin

BEEJ
05-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I heard from a fairly reliable source (told me about the return of Deek, Bamba signing, and East stand) that the new East Stand has already been paid for as the money was set aside from last year, some of the Scott Brown sale and some of the Fletcher Money. :

Thoughts?

I'd like someone like Caversham Green to confirm if this is likely to be the case.

The accounts for last year state the entire financial position for the football club as at 31st July 2009. Everything is included in there and all the finances - income, debt, cash balances, creditors etc etc - has to be (literally) accounted for in that very detailed set of figures.

Since the 31st July 2009 the club has committed to additional capital expenditure in the form of the East Stand. In that time there have been no significant player sales or other major injections of income. And yet we are to believe that this new capital expenditure, estimated at anything between £3m and £5.5m depending on who you listen to, will not add to the debt of the club? :confused:

The suggestion that the stand has 'already been paid for' infers that there is a separate pool of cash somewhere with Hibs name on it that the auditors missed last year and was therefore omitted from the accounts. It doesn't work like that. There is not some giant jam jar somewhere into which RP has been squirrelling away a few thousand here and there out of sight of the auditors and therefore "off balance sheet".

Here then are three possible interpretations of this statement. Either:

> it actually means that the funding has been found for the stand (ie debt finance has been raised from the necessary institutions) - something of an achievement in itself these days; or

> the sale of key players this summer (eg. Bamba) has already been agreed at a pre-set price, which will fund the stand; or

> Sir Tom Farmer has turned benefactor and agreed to pay for the final piece of the jig-saw as a leaving present to the club! (:greengrin)

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but I think it will be option 2. Therefore Yogi's budget this year will not be as significant as some might hope.

Mikey
05-04-2010, 11:12 AM
I'd like someone like Caversham Green to confirm if this is likely to be the case.

I suspect you'll have to wait for this year's accounts before he can do that.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Perhaps we have done one of those debts for equity thingymabobs, that Hearts do every once and a while. Seems to work for them.:wink:

bboy
05-04-2010, 11:36 AM
at last years shareholders meeting, it was stated by the board that there was 3.9m cash in the bank ring fenced for east stand at that point the last prices for the new stand quoted to hibs about 6 to 12 months earlier were about 5-6 m at that point hibs did not think it sensible to find the extra funding but said over the next 3-4 months were going to get fresh tendors in to see what prices would be quoted in the new dire building climate we were currently in this process having been done a new price of 3.5 m was seccured,thus £400,000 left in the kitty:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
05-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Spamheid:greengrin

Only joking btw :thumbsup:

Vini1875
05-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I think it is right that there will be in the region of £400,000 in the kitty for Yogi, but I also expect to see a large drop off in STs due to increased capacity and money being tight creating much more of a walk up support.

1875 NO 1
05-04-2010, 12:18 PM

How is it being paid for? Cash or borrowing money?

There wasn't enough cash in the last set of accounts to pay for it.

Also, there is exsisting loans to be paid for, so all funds won't be available for the playing side.

Billychaotic182
05-04-2010, 12:25 PM

Bold will stay

McCormack is still young at it would be daft to let him go this early as he is prob only on pennys a week.

Thicot has done well since coming back into the team and i think he could offer more, same with Cregg

Brown just got here so cant see him moving on.

Yogi always talks highly o McCann so i can see him stayin. If he does go it will be on loan

Reaper
05-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I would be surprised if there was no additional borrowing as a result of the new stand being built. It may be "paid for" but I doubt it's entirely with our own money at this stage.

No it's all there apparently.

Reaper
05-04-2010, 12:30 PM
at last years shareholders meeting, it was stated by the board that there was 3.9m cash in the bank ring fenced for east stand at that point the last prices for the new stand quoted to hibs about 6 to 12 months earlier were about 5-6 m at that point hibs did not think it sensible to find the extra funding but said over the next 3-4 months were going to get fresh tendors in to see what prices would be quoted in the new dire building climate we were currently in this process having been done a new price of 3.5 m was seccured,thus £400,000 left in the kitty:thumbsup:

Spot on.

GreenOnions
05-04-2010, 01:09 PM

My memory is not 100% but my recollection of the financial position was that there was, indeed, £3.9m cash at bank and that there was also cash "ring-fenced" for east stand work. I am not convinced that these to facts were linked.

I think that the £3.9m was Hibs' total cash at bank figure - raised largely through season ticket sales - much of which would be required for expenses throughout the season.

I do remember some debate about cash of between £1m - £2m that showed in accounts as due to us but not yet paid though?

If I am wrong then I will be delighted though!

PaulSmith
05-04-2010, 01:21 PM
My memory is not 100% but my recollection of the financial position was that there was, indeed, £3.9m cash at bank and that there was also cash "ring-fenced" for east stand work. I am not convinced that these to facts were linked.

I think that the £3.9m was Hibs' total cash at bank figure - raised largely through season ticket sales - much of which would be required for expenses throughout the season.

I do remember some debate about cash of between £1m - £2m that showed in accounts as due to us but not yet paid though?

If I am wrong then I will be delighted though!

roughly what I thought as well, basically the cash at the bank at that time of the year was to run the club for the next 12 months

Hibby 2005
05-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I would imagine early exits from both Cup competitions this season will probably have an adverse effect on Yogi's transfer kitty for next season. Also, the likely scenario of losing out on 3rd place will mean less money coming in due to a lower league position.
On the plus side, we're in the top 6 which means more money from bigger games although crowd capacity has been reduced due to the stand being built.

joejoefaemexico
05-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I think Stack will go myself. Pretty sure Brown is on the longest deal of the 3.

Having a bit of cash to spend in the summer bodes well. Gary O'Connor on a free anyone? :greengrin
stack is leaving. source? stacks ma used to cut my dugs brothers hair.

Hank Schrader
05-04-2010, 02:42 PM

He said he "thinks" Stack will leave which is hardly saying he is definitely leaving.

ScottB
05-04-2010, 02:58 PM

Just my guess, Hughes brought in 2 new keepers on long term deals in January, which to my mind suggests Stack is the one to go. Certainly I think Brown is the least likely.

Granted the fact that Stack is the one playing and we've yet to see Brown complicates matters!

Crazyhorse
05-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Just my guess, Hughes brought in 2 new keepers on long term deals in January, which to my mind suggests Stack is the one to go. Certainly I think Brown is the least likely.

Granted the fact that Stack is the one playing and we've yet to see Brown complicates matters!

You're forgetting that Stack is Bamba's on field therapist ergo when Bamba goes in the summer we don't need Stack.

sixtwo
05-04-2010, 03:47 PM
A loan has been agreed with the Bank, however, I understand that it does not need to be drawn down until after August.

That would suggest to me that the board are being shrewd and making sure that they have funds available should they need it.

It is only my opinion, but I reckon we will pay for the stand from our own funds and replenish those funds with the sale of Bamba and/ or Stokes ( who'll be replaced by Garry O'Connor) Bamba will be replaced by a random free transfer or two. The loan with the bank will not need to be drawn!

ScottB
05-04-2010, 03:49 PM
You're forgetting that Stack is Bamba's on field therapist ergo when Bamba goes in the summer we don't need Stack.

Yeah pretty much. I think Smith is a better keeper and suspect that Brown is the best of the three.

My opinion of course.

Reaper
05-04-2010, 05:43 PM
A loan has been agreed with the Bank, however, I understand that it does not need to be drawn down until after August.

That would suggest to me that the board are being shrewd and making sure that they have funds available should they need it.

It is only my opinion, but I reckon we will pay for the stand from our own funds and replenish those funds with the sale of Bamba and/ or Stokes ( who'll be replaced by Garry O'Connor) Bamba will be replaced by a random free transfer or two. The loan with the bank will not need to be drawn!

Not next season he won't.