PDA

View Full Version : 8,600

Keith_M
05-04-2010, 08:42 AM
That's the number of Hibs fans that could be bothered to turn up for a home game against Celtic.

Maybe we should just give the whole of the South Stand to the visitors in any remaining Cat A games this season. There would easily be enough space in the other stand for any ST holders currently in the South. Surely if it's going to make Hibs a bit more money?

:dunno:

BroxburnHibee
05-04-2010, 08:44 AM
That's the number of Hibs fans that could be bothered to turn up for a home game against Celtic.

Maybe we should just give the whole of the South Stand to the visitors in any remaining Cat A games this season. There would easily be enough space in the other stand for any ST holders currently in the South. Surely if it's going to make Hibs a bit more money?

Live on television on Easter Sunday lunchtime - hard as it may be to believe - there are other priorities in life.

Hibby Bairn
05-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Racing at Musselburgh. Families visiting each other. Two crap football teams. Twenty odd quid to get in as an adult. £13 (?) to 'treat' your kids. Jeez even ST holders cannae be arsed.

This will be an average crowd for hibs next year.

Frazerbob
05-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Live on television on Easter Sunday lunchtime - hard as it may be to believe - there are other priorities in life.

I'm a season ticket holder but I never went. Not for any of the reasons you listed but because, put simply, we are totally gash with a bunch of wasters being paid far too much to ponse around without breaking sweat and a manager who either can't or won't change things when his team selection is blatantly costing us games.

I'd imagine I am far from the only one who simply chose not go.

Steve20
05-04-2010, 09:13 AM

Maybe we should just give the whole of the South Stand to the visitors in any remaining Cat A games this season. There would easily be enough space in the other stand for any ST holders currently in the South.:

No thanks. I'll stick with the South stand for the other games left this season.

Bob Box Fish
05-04-2010, 09:28 AM

Said this after utd game.

I would it will make us extra £.

Brooster
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm a season ticket holder but I never went. Not for any of the reasons you listed but because, put simply, we are totally gash with a bunch of wasters being paid far too much to ponse around without breaking sweat and a manager who either can't or won't change things when his team selection is blatantly costing us games.

I'd imagine I am far from the only one who simply chose not go.

You are a good hibs fan.

Jamesie
05-04-2010, 09:47 AM
You are a good hibs fan.

Yeah, I would agree - I would say there is only a handful of Hibs fans who make the journey from Aberdeen to Edinburgh most matchdays, not to mention travelling from Aberdeen to Dingwall for the cup replay.

When people like frazerbob start to get peed off then that is when the club should start to get worried.

Brooster
05-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I would agree - I would say there is only a handful of Hibs fans who make the journey from Aberdeen to Edinburgh most matchdays, not to mention travelling from Aberdeen to Dingwall for the cup replay.

When people like frazerbob start to get peed off then that is when the club should start to get worried.

Anyone who comes on here and brags about not going to a Hibs game is a clown.

Jamesie
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM

If I was to say I am completely relieved that I'll only have to watch Hibs again twice this season, does that make me a clown as well?

Or maybe you've just got the blinkers on?

lyonhibs
05-04-2010, 09:51 AM
I mentioned this at the game. Gaps all over the FF Stand and I suspect the West and South - lower at least - were the same.

Not all that suprising - the season (if you consider 3rd to have been the ambition) is pretty much kaput sadly, as I can't see Dundee United throwing it away. It was on Easter Sunday, folk have families that take priority of days like that.

Brooster
05-04-2010, 09:55 AM
If I was to say I am completely relieved that I'll only have to watch Hibs again twice this season, does that make me a clown as well?

Or maybe you've just got the blinkers on?

No because it sounds like you are actually going to follow the team. Highest league position for many a year and competing for a place in Europe and folk on here are not going because they cant be ersed - pathetic.

scoopyboy
05-04-2010, 09:56 AM

What you gonna do with the East Season Ticket holders in the South?????

Tell them just to find seats with nobody sitting in them.

A lot of the empty seats the last couple of games are season ticket holders who didn't attend.

There is nothing to say they won't be back for the games after the split.

I think the guys from the east deserve better than to be told go hunt a seat in either the north or the west boys cos you aren't getting back to the South.

bubblesmorrison
05-04-2010, 10:14 AM
:blah: we are forth in the league wow i would of loved to seen what you posted this time last year? i would think it was along the lines of i dont care how we win games as long as we get into europe. we are better off this season did you really think new manager first season and hibs where going to take the league by storm :confused:

Long suffering
05-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Racing at Musselburgh. Families visiting each other. Two crap football teams. Twenty odd quid to get in as an adult. £13 (?) to 'treat' your kids. Jeez even ST holders cannae be arsed.

This will be an average crowd for hibs next year.

hardly

Vince White
05-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Why is anyone surprised at the low crowd? I mean, really, I'm quite impressed as many as that turned up.

It seems obvious to me that a lot of fans gave yesterday a miss for one or all of the following reasons:

We have been putting in some woeful performances and been on the wrong end of some very poor results for a number of weeks (the derby, the Ross County debacle, humped at home by the arabs...). A large percentage of fans will automatically drift away when the results are bad.

A game against one of the Old Firm has long since ceased to be a 'big' match. We play them four times a season or more and while we usually give them a decent game most would have predicted a defeat yesterday and decided to save their cash (even though as it turned out we were a bit unlucky to lose).

The game was live on TV at a crappy time of day. Sunday lunchtime kick-offs remain a major turn-off for many fans.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
05-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Football should be played on Saturdays with a 3pm kick off.

Hainan Hibs
05-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Pish performances recently, expensive ( not just for the ticket, but the travel, food etc), the expectation of pish football, 90 minutes of Celtic's sectarianism (I take full blame if Jack Regan turns up within a minute) and 90 minutes of Celtic's jakey fans probably put quite a few people off. Stupid time too and on TV.

I don't see what's the big hang up on attendances though. It's such a Hearts/Aberdeen thing to do.

Frazerbob
05-04-2010, 10:29 AM

I'm not bragging, I'm stating a fact.

The last few weeks have really scunnered me. When I see players who were showing what they were capable of eariler in the season under performing and being out fought by a poorer Hearts team (again) and a team from the 1st division, then the performance I witnessed in midweek from the players and manager (all three games meant taking a day off work by the way) I don't think anyone can question my decision not to pay the £40 petrol and make the 5 hour round trip again that going yesterday would have meant.

If that makes me a clown or some kind of lesser Hibs fan then fair doos.

Maybe, rather than throwing personal insults around your time would be better spent discussing the reasons why plenty of other ST holders seemed to opt for spending Easter Sunday with their families rather going to the game like I did.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I would agree - I would say there is only a handful of Hibs fans who make the journey from Aberdeen to Edinburgh most matchdays, not to mention travelling from Aberdeen to Dingwall for the cup replay. When people like frazerbob start to get peed off then that is when the club should start to get worried. 100% correct Jamesie, I cannae see Frazer losing too much sleep over it tho!

Hibby D
05-04-2010, 10:34 AM
If there's one thing I despise reading on this board it's Hibs fans slagging off other Hibs fans; and recently it's grown arms, legs and bloody tails :bitchy:

As has been pointed out, there are numerous reasons why yesterday's crowd was so low and I'm sure none of us are that naive as to believe it was all because it was Easter Sunday.

I know Frazerbob, Brooster and Jamesie and I wouldn't accuse any of them of being any less a fan than the other.

Put the handbags away guys and respect each others' right to choose whether they go to games or not.

DaveF
05-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Put the handbags away guys and respect each others' right to choose whether they go to games or not.

Very true Di, but Brooster has previous for this sort of thing.

I'm still off his Christmas card list for playing 5s on a Tuesday several years back when Hibs were at home and having a 'mare run under Williamson :greengrin

BTW - I did go yesterday, but anyone who slags off other Hibs fans - especially those faced with a trip from Aberdeen - really needs to look at the bigger picture.

Brooster
05-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Very true Di, but Brooster has previous for this sort of thing.

I'm still off his Christmas card list for playing 5s on a Tuesday several years back when Hibs were at home and having a 'mare run under Williamson :greengrin

BTW - I did go yesterday, but anyone who slags off other Hibs fans - especially those faced with a trip from Aberdeen - really needs to look at the bigger picture.

Knob. I dont have a problem with folk not going to games, I have a problem with folk coming on here and bragging about it, why would someone do that?

noseyhibby
05-04-2010, 11:38 AM
If there's one thing I despise reading on this board it's Hibs fans slagging off other Hibs fans; and recently it's grown arms, legs and bloody tails :bitchy:

As has been pointed out, there are numerous reasons why yesterday's crowd was so low and I'm sure none of us are that naive as to believe it was all because it was Easter Sunday.

I know Frazerbob, Brooster and Jamesie and I wouldn't accuse any of them of being any less a fan than the other.

good post:agree:

Bishop Hibee
05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
While it takes a lot for me to miss a home game, I can understand those who weren't there yesterday. I got major grief off the missus for going on Easter Sunday, a day like Christmas where we have family gatherings. 1.15pm was the worst possible time, too early to have a proper sit down dinner before going out. Two mates didn't go because of a family do. Combine that with a perception among some that the current Hibs team isn't worth paying £27 to watch and you have the answer for the low crowd.

DaveF
05-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Knob.

I might well be, but looking at this thread I'm not the only poster who fits that description.

Hibby D
05-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Knob. I dont have a problem with folk not going to games, I have a problem with folk coming on here and bragging about it, why would someone do that?

He was hardly bragging - merely stating his reason for not making the trip. No different to you giving your reason as to why he should go really.

I didn't go to the Falkirk game last weekend and won't make the Hamilton game this coming weekend - both for different reasons and neither any more or less important than reasons why I should go; except to me.

:dizzy: **** I know what I mean

hibees53
05-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I used to follow Hibs for years home and away up until a couple of months ago,the reason i dont go now is I have lost interest in watching the crap that was getting served up by a team with a clueless manager and gutless players in a league where the standards are so bad it is embarressing.The chairman must take some blame as well for always going after the cheap options when going for a manager..the same chairman that sold of our better players Brown ,sproule ,oconner ,murphy etc and replaced them with rubbish.

bighairyfaeleith
05-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I used to follow Hibs for years home and away up until a couple of months ago,the reason i dont go now is I have lost interest in watching the crap that was getting served up by a team with a clueless manager and gutless players in a league where the standards are so bad it is embarressing.The chairman must take some blame as well for always going after the cheap options when going for a manager..the same chairman that sold of our better players Brown ,sproule ,oconner ,murphy etc and replaced them with rubbish.

I have a little theory which I live my life by

If it looks like a yam
smells like a yam
is dating it's sister
Then it's a yam

:bye:

Diclonius
05-04-2010, 11:56 AM

Go support the OFGTF then.

SouthamptonHibs
05-04-2010, 12:11 PM
yesterdays game was good value for money!! Thats the best Hibs have played in months (first half). 8600 fans is poor show for a game v celtic. People have too many excuses not to go these days 1.15ko, live on sky,sunday etc etc cowds have been poor most of the season win, loose or draw. where are all the fans when it's not on tv and ko is 3pm on a saturday???
I don't no how fans can complain that scottish fitbaw is expensive.
The season ticket deal hibs offer is brilliant for families and kids aswell as students, disabled, carers etc. I think the kids tickets are around £60 a season. I think Hibs are trying there best to make fitbaw as cheap as possible for fans.

I go to saints and pompey games, Pompey are nearly £600 for an ST and Saints are the same as us around £350. Cheapest Walk up prices are £34 for pompey and £22 for southampton. Your not trying to tell me that Scottish fitbaw ain't as good as leage one england??? Hibs are charging the same as most Englsh first division teams. Norwich, leeds, Southampton plus a few more like Millwall etc get more than us alot of the time at there home games. I don't hear there fans complaining to much about the prices of football.

Edinburgh is a capital city with more people than all these places mentioned below, and we toil to get 10k!!! not sure why.

Anyway hail hail we'll support you ever more (not just when we reach a cup final):thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
05-04-2010, 12:21 PM
yesterdays game was good value for money!! Thats the best Hibs have played in months (first half). 8600 fans is poor show for a game v celtic. People have too many excuses not to go these days 1.15ko, live on sky,sunday etc etc cowds have been poor most of the season win, loose or draw. where are all the fans when it's not on tv and ko is 3pm on a saturday???
The season ticket deal hibs offer is brilliant for families and kids aswell as students, disabled, carers etc. I think the kids tickets are around £60 a season. I think Hibs are trying there best to make fitbaw as cheap as possible for fans.

I go to saints and pompey games, Pompey are nearly £600 for an ST and Saints are the same as us around £350. Cheapest Walk up prices are £34 for pompey and £22 for southampton. Your not trying to tell me that Scottish fitbaw ain't as good as leage one england??? Hibs are charging the same as most Englsh first division teams. Norwich, leeds, Southampton plus a few more like Millwall etc get more than us alot of the time at there home games. I don't hear there fans complaining to much about the prices of football.

Edinburgh is a capital city with more people than all these places mentioned below, and we toil to get 10k!!! not sure why.

Anyway hail hail we'll support you ever more (not just when we reach a cup final):thumbsup:

You are right us being a capital city etc, but how many of our residents are not natively from Edinburgh, we have a lot of short term residents, students etc. Edinburgh is also a city with a very wide range of activities, so the make up of people that live here is not as dominated by people that like football as perhaps a city like glasgow is. What I am sort stuttering around is that we have a lot of people in edinburgh who are arty, or musical, or theatre people etc and don't want to go to the football.

None of this affected our attendance on sunday. But it does limit our overall fan base in edinburgh.

Not sure how Edinburgh compares to Southampton or portsmouth in these terms but I was always under the impression these where traditionaly fairly industrial towns that would traditionally lean towards watching football as a favoured activity.

Or am I just talking pish

SouthamptonHibs
05-04-2010, 12:32 PM
You are right us being a capital city etc, but how many of our residents are not natively from Edinburgh, we have a lot of short term residents, students etc. Edinburgh is also a city with a very wide range of activities, so the make up of people that live here is not as dominated by people that like football as perhaps a city like glasgow is. What I am sort stuttering around is that we have a lot of people in edinburgh who are arty, or musical, or theatre people etc and don't want to go to the football.

None of this affected our attendance on sunday. But it does limit our overall fan base in edinburgh.

Not sure how Edinburgh compares to Southampton or portsmouth in these terms but I was always under the impression these where traditionaly fairly industrial towns that would traditionally lean towards watching football as a favoured activity.

Or am I just talking pish

Pompey is a working class town to certain extents so is Southampton but i think southamptons trying to become a bit arti farty as it has a couple of unis and a few art gallaries. Both are decent places to live but no where near are nice as Edinburgh. Most of there focus is on the ports as sailing is big down here. but saints still get up to 30k at the home games and pompey average just under 20k. We are a bigger city with easily the same fan base but the fan base only shows up for our biggest games.

Easy maths to improve the team. If we fill our ground every week we generate more cash, and better atmospher which in turn allows us to attack better players, better players generally mean better results and possible more glory.

For hibs to improve i think he needs to start with the fans turning up again. Im sure we can get 17k turning up each week (when we get our new stand) if they were really interested in making hibs better.

I watched some of the killie aberdeen game yesterday, the ground was empty, i'm worried our ground will look like that next season

lucky
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I attended yesterday. But it is a chore to drag yourself out of bed on easter Sunday. To watch Hibs getting beat again. I pay for Sky and Espn as well as my ST. So I can understand why people choose not to go.

Edinburgh has two teams as well as big celtic and rangers followings. Southampton, Pomey and Leeds are 1 team towns.
But football is just as popular as it once was in scotland. How many fans watch an EPL on TV when there is a SPL ( not Hibs) game on at the same time? Answer loads cause the SPL is poor.

sahib
05-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Pompey is a working class town to certain extents so is Southampton but i think southamptons trying to become a bit arti farty as it has a couple of unis and a few art gallaries. Both are decent places to live but no where near are nice as Edinburgh. Most of there focus is on the ports as sailing is big down here. but saints still get up to 30k at the home games and pompey average just under 20k. We are a bigger city with easily the same fan base but the fan base only shows up for our biggest games.

Easy maths to improve the team. If we fill our ground every week we generate more cash, and better atmospher which in turn allows us to attack better players, better players generally mean better results and possible more glory.

For hibs to improve i think he needs to start with the fans turning up again. Im sure we can get 17k turning up each week (when we get our new stand) if they were really interested in making hibs better.

I watched some of the killie aberdeen game yesterday, the ground was empty, i'm worried our ground will look like that next season

You don't get it pal. Dundee United draw their support from the vast Dundee conurbation of about 500,000 football fans. Hibs draw their support from Leith Walk and part of Albert Street pop. 8,600. Pompey and S/hampton draw on the entire south of England, parts of nothern France and across the atlantic to the eastern sea board of the USA.

Hibby Bairn
05-04-2010, 01:02 PM

I don't think they are excuses. They are other (better/better value?)choices.

I'm just about to go to the pictures with the family. 5 of us in for nothing via Tesco Clubcard vouchers. Yesterday I know of one family of 5 hibbies that had a day at the races with a picnic. Cost for the 5 of them was £26 (children got in free) and they could take their own food and drink in with them in a big bag.

Compare that with Hamilton this Saturday or Celtic yesterday. 2 adults and 3 children can be "treated" to Hamilton v Hibs on Saturday for only £80 :cool2: sit in a gazeebo and be served up with greasy pies and overpriced crisps and cola from a hatch under the stand from some gadgie who is still waiting for his/her cistomer service course! Yesterday would have cost £91 I think to get in. And then you can "enjoy" a scotch pie and a bovril for "only" £3.70 :bye:.

People are just choosing other better value products especially at a time where money is tight...and football isn't responding. It is a pretty sheight day out let's be honest.

Re the £600 price for Portsmouth that does seem high but I guess you do get to watch them v Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal etc and their array of star players rather than Killie, Motherwell etc and some will see that as good value for money.

As I've said earlier I think people will possibly not renew ST's next year and instead choose their games esp. with more ground capacity. The average crowd we will attract will drop IMO to below 10k. Teams like Hamilton, Killie and St Mirren will probably see average crowds dip below 3,000. Again IMO.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 01:06 PM
You don't get it pal. Dundee United draw their support from the vast Dundee conurbation of about 500,000 football fans. Hibs draw their support from Leith Walk and part of Albert Street pop. 8,600. Pompey and S/hampton draw on the entire south of England, parts of nothern France and across the atlantic to the eastern sea board of the USA.

That made me laugh out loud. :top marks:faf::faf:

CraigK
05-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Just out of interest, how much bigger than 8600 is the capacity of the ground minus the East?

greenlex
05-04-2010, 01:29 PM
That made me laugh out loud. :top marks:faf::faf:
Me too. :top marks

Golden Bear
05-04-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't think they are excuses. They are other (better/better value?)choices.

I'm just about to go to the pictures with the family. 5 of us in for nothing via Tesco Clubcard vouchers. Yesterday I know of one family of 5 hibbies that had a day at the races with a picnic. Cost for the 5 of them was £26 (children got in free) and they could take their own food and drink in with them in a big bag.

Compare that with Hamilton this Saturday or Celtic yesterday. 2 adults and 3 children can be "treated" to Hamilton v Hibs on Saturday for only £80 :cool2: sit in a gazeebo and be served up with greasy pies and overpriced crisps and cola from a hatch under the stand from some gadgie who is still waiting for his/her cistomer service course! Yesterday would have cost £91 I think to get in. And then you can "enjoy" a scotch pie and a bovril for "only" £3.70 :bye:.

People are just choosing other better value products especially at a time where money is tight...and football isn't responding. It is a pretty sheight day out let's be honest.

Re the £600 price for Portsmouth that does seem high but I guess you do get to watch them v Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal etc and their array of star players rather than Killie, Motherwell etc and some will see that as good value for money.

As I've said earlier I think people will possibly not renew ST's next year and instead choose their games esp. with more ground capacity. The average crowd we will attract will drop IMO to below 10k. Teams like Hamilton, Killie and St Mirren will probably see average crowds dip below 3,000. Again IMO.

It's very hard to disagree with any of that.

Gatecrasher
05-04-2010, 01:52 PM
the value for money argument has only cropped up the last couple of seasons when we have been pretty ***** on the park. No one was really complaining during the Eck/Mogga Periods when we were good, "through Thick and Thin" comes to mind, but hey why bother turning up when we are struggling and the club have just put a major investment into the club right? Its an interesting one because i dont feel like im being ripped off by the club but i can take £15 to the cinema and come back with copper after drinks etc, hardly great value for money is it?

i agree that football is overpriced but there was a banner for next seasons ST's saying we are stronger together and we are, people, choosing not to attend games for whatever reason are harming the club financially. We wont get any better if people are spending there money elsewhere.

I always comment on how expensive scottish football is but hibs are only towing the part line with other clubs, the scottish game as a whole needs a shake up. But whether people like it or not our support yesterday was poor. People are worried about ER turning into another Rugby Park etc the only way we can avoid that if people turn up. I or no one can tell people what to do or put down people for not turning up but what we can say is that ER and the club will be worse off without you

Golden Bear
05-04-2010, 02:01 PM
the value for money argument has only cropped up the last couple of seasons when we have been pretty ***** on the park. No one was really complaining during the Eck/Mogga Periods when we were good, "through Thick and Thin" comes to mind, but hey why bother turning up when we are struggling and the club have just put a major investment into the club right? Its an interesting one because i dont feel like im being ripped off by the club but i can take £15 to the cinema and come back with copper after drinks etc, hardly great value for money is it?

i agree that football is overpriced but there was a banner for next seasons ST's saying we are stronger together and we are, people, choosing not to attend games for whatever reason are harming the club financially. We wont get any better if people are spending there money elsewhere.

I always comment on how expensive scottish football is but hibs are only towing the part line with other clubs, the scottish game as a whole needs a shake up. But whether people like it or not our support yesterday was poor. People are worried about ER turning into another Rugby Park etc the only way we can avoid that if people turn up. I or no one can tell people what to do or put down people for not turning up but what we can say is that ER and the club will be worse off without you

Ultimately it boils down to the quality of the product on the park and in recent months let's face it, it's just not been up to standard.

Brizo
05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Easter weekend traditionally one of the busiest weekends for folk going away.Plus Easter Sunday traditional day for family get togethers. Plus we were absolutely gash last wednesday. Plus game was live on TV and in these economic times £25 / £27 or whatever the walk up was vs watch it on zitelli.

Scottish fitba is overpriced and televised fitba coverage has reached saturation level. No wonder crowds are down not only at ER but across most of Scottish fitba.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
BLACKBURN! In the premier league, are offering season tickets for adults at £210!

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/

£5.50 a game.

Westie1875
05-04-2010, 02:08 PM
BLACKBURN! In the premier league, are offering season tickets for adults at £210!

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/ (http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/)

£5.50 a game.

Do they not have to play any of their games away from home then? :wink:

Cocaine&Caviar
05-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Do they not have to play any of their games away from home then? :wink:

Woops, still £11 aint half bad.

Joe Baker II
05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
The game was live on TV at a crappy time of day. Sunday lunchtime kick-offs remain a major turn-off for many fans.

Precisely, some Hibs fans do not seem to accept this for some reason though. I actually went yesterday (1.15 not quite as bad as some of the kick off times Hibs via SPL have signed up to) but is the first early kick off I have been to for a couple of years.

Atmosphere was actually better yesterday than the 3 other home games since the East Stand went down, and in fact crowd was marginally better than I suspected - however I suspect there were a few hundred masquerading Celtic fans in the Hibs areas after their allocation was cut.

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Ultimately it boils down to the quality of the product on the park and in recent months let's face it, it's just not been up to standard.

Spot on - the football aint anywhere near good enough. The comparison with the cinema is hardly valid as you can read the reviews and decide if it is for you. So the entertainment is near guaranteed - the same aint true of Scottish fitba!

Joe Baker II
05-04-2010, 02:15 PM
What you gonna do with the East Season Ticket holders in the South?????

Tell them just to find seats with nobody sitting in them.

A lot of the empty seats the last couple of games are season ticket holders who didn't attend.

There is nothing to say they won't be back for the games after the split.

I think the guys from the east deserve better than to be told go hunt a seat in either the north or the west boys cos you aren't getting back to the South.

It does not have to be as drastic as this but some more thought could have been put into how to maximise yesterdays crowd by Hibs.

PaulSmith
05-04-2010, 02:57 PM

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/

£5.50 a game.

I'm hazarding a guess that blackburn's major source of income is not season tickets like Hibs or other SPL clubs therefore it gives them flexibility to do this. Apples and pears I think but still good to see.

CiscoKid
05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I really worry about our attendances now and going into next season with the new stand, earlier in the season we were playing great football, winning games every week and there was a real buzz about the place.

Now it has turned on its head and we have abject despondency and a dwindling support, Hughes seems to has run out of ideas and we really need to do something to breathe a bit of life into us going into next season.

HibbyKeith
05-04-2010, 03:16 PM

Have to agree, we've followed the might hibees all this time, now with the FINAL piece of the puzzle being put in place, the board with have nothing but the team to invest the cash in!

Stick it out guys!

the futures bright, the futures, GREEN & WHITE!!

Hibs90
05-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Pretty much want to echo what everyone else has said really, just wanted to say it's easy to spot the yams in this thread. :wink:

Sir David Gray
05-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I think you have to wonder at the wisdom of playing football on the Easter weekend.

IMO Easter should be treated like Christmas, in that it should be seen as a time for being with your family, and no football should be played from Good Friday-Easter Monday.

However, the fact that things haven't been going well lately won't have helped the attendance yesterday.

Davy Mac
05-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Different angle on the discussion.

I've been working most saturdays since last summer so I've got out of the habit and I also gave up my season tickets for me and the kids.

But, have I missed it? Aye of course and at times I think let's get the seasons back even if the kids and the old man/brother/wife (nah, she's a bit of Jambo) can take them.

But wait, what is the best we can seriously achieve 3rd, 4th? What a bloody waste of money, effort, travel etc just to finish 3rd.

The ugly sisters have killed Scottish fitba stone dead IMO.

Sadly, the SPL is ganton and although my love affair with the Hibs well never cease there is no doubt fans will drift due to boredom.

Just my my thoughts on it.

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I think you have to wonder at the wisdom of playing football on the Easter weekend.

IMO Easter should be treated like Christmas, in that it should be seen as a time for being with your family, and no football should be played from Good Friday-Easter Monday.

However, the fact that things haven't been going well lately won't have helped the attendance yesterday.

Seems like a great time to play football to me we're off work for 4 days on the stoat.

Should be playing games on Friday and Monday on the Easter weekend IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Cost for the 5 of them was £26 (children got in free) and they could take their own food and drink in with them in a big bag.

I'm not really disagreeing with you but why didn't you add in the price of buying food at the races or take away the price of buying food at the football?

Hibby D
05-04-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm not really disagreeing with you but why didn't you add in the price of buying food at the races or take away the price of buying food at the football?

You can take your own picnics to the races - can't even take a bottle of Evian to the footie :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2010, 06:47 PM
You can take your own picnics to the races - can't even take a bottle of Evian to the footie :agree:

I take my daughter and she takes in juice and crisps/sweets every week.

Hibby D
05-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I take my daughter and she takes in juice and crisps/sweets every week.

I get my handbag searched every week - they took perfume off me once so I've risked nothing since.

But I do accept what you are saying :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I get my handbag searched every week - they took perfume off me once so I've risked nothing since.

But I do accept what you are saying :agree:

She's only been searched the once - if I want to smuggle aything in I'll just give it to her. :greengrin

I was at a game in England a couple of seasons ago and they sold bottled juice in the ground - they just took the lid off it so you couldn't throw the bottle very far. Not sure why they can't do that up here - be better than limiting the juice for sale to capri sun, ribena and lucozade.

ArabHibee
05-04-2010, 07:05 PM

I managed to get a bottle of Ribena into the game on Sunday - all you need is big pockets in your jeans and a long jacket. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
05-04-2010, 07:09 PM
As has been posted on other threads, Hibs average crowds recently have been at the highest level since the 50's. STs and all seater stadium have done away with the 24,000 for a game v Hearts and 5,500 for the next home game v Motherwell cycle.

In order to keep this going in a recession which will get worse for many before it gets better, most football clubs, not just Hibs, are going to have to come up with innovative ideas to keep fans interested. Over to you Rod.

Edinburgh isn't a football city in the way Glasgow, Liverpool or Sheffield are and if you combine that with large numbers of OF fans in Edinburgh it's always going to be difficult to reach crowds a club in a city the size of Edinburgh should. I include our smelly neighbors in this despite their 400,000 "fans".

hibees53
05-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Seems that no one is allowed to post a opinion thats in a minority or they are labelled a jambo.How sad.:yawn:

NAE NOOKIE
05-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Golly ..... The way some folk go on you would think that for the last 30 years or whatever Hibs had been playing football like Barcelona most seasons.

The fact is that for 7 out of every 10 seasons Hibs play average football as do most of the clubs in Scotland.

T.V has ruined football at our level coz folk watch Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Byern Munich etc etc on T.V. every week with the best players in the world in their teams and think that coz they can play football that way then so should we.

Prior to the 90s you would only see these clubs once a year if you were lucky and the only comparison you could make was how you played against other teams from your league.

Scottish football has probably always been Tom Kite compared to the joys of the EPL or ( so called ) Champions League its just that folk were blissfully unaware of it.

I go to watch Hibs coz I am a Hibs fan and as a fan its my part of the deal to stick with them through thin thin thin thin THICK thin thin thin thin.

If folk would rather go to the races or the pictures coz its better entertainment then thats fine, no problem with it.

But for me being a Hibby has and always will be more than just about entertainment.

Full Stop

Sudds_1
05-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I didn't go.......and my reasons stay with me. Nobody's else's business but mine.

I can't be a real fan anyway.........only those east stand season ticket holders who have a certificate of appreciation from the club can claim that no? :wink: :devil: And I bet they were all there. :wink:

Betty Boop
05-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I didn't go.......and my reasons stay with me. Nobody's else's business but mine.

I can't be a real fan anyway.........only those east stand season ticket holders who have a certificate of appreciation from the club can claim that no? :wink: :devil: And I bet they were all there. :wink:

I don't think they got certificates, did they?

hibee_girl
05-04-2010, 08:28 PM

Nope!!:grr:

Betty Boop
05-04-2010, 08:30 PM

What happened there then?

hibee_girl
05-04-2010, 08:31 PM
What happened there then?

No idea, they said we were getting one and so far nothing.

Sudds_1
05-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Were you all not meant to?...

......hmmm, maybe there was a wee attendance test :wink::devil:

marinello59
05-04-2010, 08:34 PM

No, they were all going to get certified..........a simple misprint but it has caused a fair bit of confusion.:agree:

down-the-slope
05-04-2010, 08:35 PM

Sorry but that does not stack up if you have watched Hibs over past 25 odd years...a good deal of that we have been poor (thats putting it politely)
the reason now is economy / wider options for entertainment / TV getting prioriy over fans / recent glory hunters expecting it to always be entertaining etc

Betty Boop
05-04-2010, 08:40 PM
No, they were all going to get certified..........a simple misprint but it has caused a fair bit of confusion.:agree:

:greengrin

marinello59
05-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Scottish football has probably always been Tom Kite compared to the joys of the EPL or ( so called ) Champions League its just that folk were blissfully unaware of it.

It wasn't though. The gap between the standard in the SPL and the bigger leagues in the rest of Europe has grown considerably over the last two decades. You only need to look at the way our clubs perform in Europe for proof.

Sudds_1
05-04-2010, 08:45 PM

:greengrin nah, can't be that. I'm certified (and have been for years) owing to my love of the hibees..........

.....and I don't sit in the east!:wink::devil:

ArabHibee
05-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Did you not get one? I did! :devil:http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz246/sooby72/Certificate01/hibscert.jpg?t=1270501966

scoopyboy
06-04-2010, 08:40 AM
It wasn't though. The gap between the standard in the SPL and the bigger leagues in the rest of Europe has grown considerably over the last two decades. You only need to look at the way our clubs perform in Europe for proof.

You kinda defeat your own argument there.

In the last few years we have had two teams playing in the UEFA Cup Final.

We didn't have any in the nineties so it could be argued we are stonger than we have been for around 20 years.

ahibby
06-04-2010, 08:53 AM
You are a good hibs fan.

He has paid his money and so hasn't damaged Hibs in anyway but he is protesting by not going. Nothing wrong with that in my view. The alternative is to write to the club with your grievances and get as many like minded people to sign or do the same. It sounds to me that he is protesting and that's his right. Not everyone is in it just for something to do. If he feels the players are not deserving their wages then that's up to him.

Joe Baker II
06-04-2010, 09:00 AM

It is only in 2008-09 our Euro performances have really been dire (we were in the top 10 leagues in Euro performance quite often in 2000s and were 4th in 2007-08) - though I accept that many other smaller leagues have suffered the same way since 1994 in the way Scotland now is and did for much of the 1990s.

Agree with you generally though.

jgl07
06-04-2010, 01:37 PM

What if the season ticket holders in the North and West (and East) who missed last Sunday's match decide to show up?

There is no way that the 1,000 to 1,500 Hibs supporters in the East could fit into the unsold seats in the West and North. If this was possible Rod would have done it first time.

Liberal Hibby
07-04-2010, 12:12 AM
I was at the game. And in the second half I sat in the seat of a season ticket holder who didn't turn up. Does that make me an 'uberfan'?