PDA

View Full Version : Nish

basehibby
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Since every time he's had a stinker there's no shortage of threads tearing him to shreads, I think it's only fair to start one tonight when i think Nish was one of our best players - albeit in defeat.
He was the focal point of most of our best stuff today and had a great game in what was a narrow defeat IMO.
More of the same against Hamilton please Colin :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
04-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Since every time he's had a stinker there's no shortage of threads tearing him to shreads, I think it's only fair to start one tonight when i think Nish was one of our best players - albeit in defeat.
He was the focal point of most of our best stuff today and had a great game in what was a narrow defeat IMO.

:top marks

Don't think he's going to make it long term but he played better today and deserves praise - won't get much on here though :wink:

Gettin' Auld
04-04-2010, 08:14 PM
He's STILL getting slaughtered on here today!

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 08:16 PM

He was excellent today

HFC 0-7
04-04-2010, 08:19 PM

He was excellent today

Eh, no he wasnt, he done some good things but done a lot of silly things as well. He did however give plenty of effort and was one of the better hibs players today. Although effort is definately something Hibs need to keep doing, I wouldnt say its a sign of anyone being excellent!

Cabbage1875
04-04-2010, 08:20 PM
1st half he was excellent. Second half it didnt really happen for him but I'm a fan of the big lad, one of only a few on here it would seem.

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Eh, no he wasnt, he done some good things but done a lot of silly things as well. He did however give plenty of effort and was one of the better hibs players today. Although effort is definately something Hibs need to keep doing, I wouldnt say its a sign of anyone being excellent!

It's all relative though. When saying he was 'excellent' it does not infer that he suddenly started playing like Lionel Messi. He put in a decent shift and did a lot of good things and so surely deserves praise for them

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 08:23 PM
It's all relative though. When saying he was 'excellent' it does not infer that he suddenly started playing like Lionel Messi. He put in a decent shift and did a lot of good things and so surely deserves praise for them

Exactly. He was excellent, for Nish.

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 08:25 PM

:greengrin

Gettin' Auld
04-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not? :cool2:

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM

I'd say it is as it doesn't contain any of the following words

*****e
Useless
Puddin'
Crap
Hopeless
Bawbag
etc etc

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 08:27 PM

It is, I like Nish :agree:

I'd say it is as it doesn't contain any of the following words

*****e
Useless
Puddin'
Crap
Hopeless
Bawbag
etc etc

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2010, 08:28 PM

He was excellent today

:agree:

He was our only real attcking threat..

Stokes was uninterested/stranded/got no service and Riordan was wasting away on the left :rolleyes:

Nish gave O'dea and the other boy a torrid time!

HibSem
04-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Nish did well, he had a good tussle with O'Dea.

Rankin on the other hand was abysmal.

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Nish did well, he had a good tussle with O'Dea.

Rankin on the other hand was abysmal.

Really?! I thought it was his best game for a long time!

Opinions eh? :greengrin

HFC 0-7
04-04-2010, 08:41 PM

I dont think anyone was excellent today, and to say someone was in the general performance is a bit silly IMO. His effort was good, he done some things you would expect a professional footballer to do, he also done some stupid things that he is associated with. Overall I would say his effort was good, and was one of the better players but I would never say he was excellent.

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 08:43 PM
I dont think anyone was excellent today, and to say someone was in the general performance is a bit silly IMO. His effort was good, he done some things you would expect a professional footballer to do, he also done some stupid things that he is associated with. Overall I would say his effort was good, and was one of the better players but I would never say he was excellent.

Like I said, it's all relative. In terms of it being an SPL game some of the play was excellent. It's not Barca but we can't expect that really :wink:

basehibby
04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Really?! I thought it was his best game for a long time!

Opinions eh? :greengrin

Rankin didn't catch my eye today - but if he was anything near abysmal he I don't think it would have escaped my attention.

He was laright today - at least!

HFC 0-7
04-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Like I said, it's all relative. In terms of it being an SPL game some of the play was excellent. It's not Barca but we can't expect that really :wink:

No way! I have seen Nish do better things this season. To say that the SPL in general is worse than that today is crazy. If he was excellent Hibs would have scored what with him being a striker. What would he have to do to score? Be the best in the world? I know its easy to get carried away with the effort put in today after recent games, but to class someone as excellent, even if you are comparing them to the rest of the SPL is nuts!

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
No way! I have seen Nish do better things this season. To say that the SPL in general is worse than that today is crazy. If he was excellent Hibs would have scored what with him being a striker. What would he have to do to score? Be the best in the world? I know its easy to get carried away with the effort put in today after recent games, but to class someone as excellent, even if you are comparing them to the rest of the SPL is nuts!

I said some of the play was excellent, not some of Nishy's play was excellent :wink: Of course today wasn't great overall, I can't disagree with you there but my point was that in SPL terms it was a decent display. As has been said elsewhere, Keane has played against and scored against some of the best defences in the world and yet today, despite all his clever movement the only way he got his name on the scoresheet was via a penalty - ergo we saw some excellent defensive play!

HFC 0-7
04-04-2010, 08:56 PM
I said some of the play was excellent, not some of Nishy's play was excellent :wink: Of course today wasn't great overall, I can't disagree with you there but my point was that in SPL terms it was a decent display. As has been said elsewhere, Keane has played against and scored against some of the best defences in the world and yet today, despite all his clever movement the only way he got his name on the scoresheet was via a penalty - ergo we saw some excellent defensive play!

To be honest, I thought it was pretty good today, but since watching it on the TV I have realised that it was a pretty bad match in terms of play. It may have been quite entertaining but there were so many basic errors in terms of passing, tackling, marking and decision making that I find excellent being used with the match is a bit OTT. I recorded it so I watched the whole thing again, if you can have a look again. there is a period of about 15 minutes when both teams couldnt help but give the ball away.

basehibby
04-04-2010, 08:56 PM

we all know nish's lmitataions - he's never gonna star in the EPL - that;s something that most of us - perhaps with the exception of Colin himself - would agree with!
But he gives us something - NOW - THIS SEASON - and today against one of the best teams in OUR league he was one of the best attacking players on the pitch - 65 grand a week Keane and all!

So does that not maybe class as approaching excellent for our Colin???

Answers on a postcard - like I said in the OP - more of the same next week colin :thumbsup:

DaveF
04-04-2010, 09:00 PM
I thought Nish had a good game today and can be well pleased with his contribution. He held the ball up, linked the play an gave their centre backs a hard time.

What more do folk want from him in the role he is being asked to play.

I also thought Rankin was good today too. Plenty of effort (as usual) but he used the ball better today.

Still plenty of room for improvement but these two were among our better performers in this game.

HFC 0-7
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
we all know nish's lmitataions - he's never gonna star in the EPL - that;s something that most of us - perhaps with the exception of Colin himself - would agree with!
But he gives us something - NOW - THIS SEASON - and today against one of the best teams in OUR league he was one of the best attacking players on the pitch - 65 grand a week Keane and all!

So does that not maybe class as approaching excellent for our Colin???

Answers on a postcard - like I said in the OP - more of the same next week colin :thumbsup:

No because I have seen him play better and although he done a few good things today he did have a couple of silly moments. I think overall there was a big improvement in effort but I didnt see much in the way of better skill, decision making etc. What he did good today was getting in the face of the defenders and he did that with O'dea. I used to like that O'dea, but he seems like a right little whinging erse now!

DaveF
04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
No because I have seen him play better and although he done a few good things today he did have a couple of silly moments. I think overall there was a big improvement in effort but I didnt see much in the way of better skill, decision making etc. What he did good today was getting in the face of the defenders and he did that with O'dea. I used to like that O'dea, but he seems like a right little whinging erse now!

Who didn't?

I think the stick that Nish get's on here is way OTT.

Sure he deserves criticism when he has a poor game, but if he's being singled out today then that's just nonsense.

HFC 0-7
04-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Who didn't?

I think the stick that Nish get's on here is way OTT.

Sure he deserves criticism when he has a poor game, but if he's being singled out today then that's just nonsense.

If you read my points I am definately not criticising him. I said he put a lot of effort in but done nothing more than is what should be expected of him and that is performance shouldnt be classed as excellent like another poster had said!:grr:

Reaper
04-04-2010, 09:13 PM
1st half he was excellent. Second half it didnt really happen for him but I'm a fan of the big lad, one of only a few on here it would seem.

Me too :thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
04-04-2010, 11:39 PM
I had a Sheffield Utd fan with me today at his first SPL match. Twenty minutes in he thought Nish was brilliant. By the end of the game he could see his weaknesses but still thought he'd had a decent game.

He also thought Celtc were nothing special, a draw would have been a fairer result and the game was Championship standard. I thought that summed things up well.

basehibby
05-04-2010, 01:34 AM
I had a Sheffield Utd fan with me today at his first SPL match. Twenty minutes in he thought Nish was brilliant. By the end of the game he could see his weaknesses but still thought he'd had a decent game.

He also thought Celtc were nothing special, a draw would have been a fairer result and the game was Championship standard. I thought that summed things up well.

Your mate was spot on for me - it was like a GOOD Championship match and over the first 20 mins Nish was probably the best player on the pitch!
Celtic got to grips with him after that but he was still influencial and unlucky not to win a penalty later on IMO.

sambajustice
05-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Nish was crap!

Hibs were crap!

I jumped off my bar stool and screamed the pub down at one point when nish had the ball and 2 hibs players were right beside him and he still contrived to gie the ball away.

The pub just went silent and I had to turn round and kind of apologise! :greengrin

A draw would have been a fair result, both teams were honking, the pitch is honking, McGeady is honking, Nish is honking, infact there's not much positive at all to say about that game!!

One thing i do know is that Riordan is a striker and there's not much he can do when he's pickingg up the ball, in his own half, 70 yeards from goal and with his back to goal!!!!!!!! HE'S AN EFFIN STRIKER HUGHES!!! GET HIM UP TOP WHERE HE CAN DO DAMAGE FFS!!!!! :grr::grr::grr:

bighairyfaeleith
05-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Nish was crap!

Hibs were crap!

I jumped off my bar stool and screamed the pub down at one point when nish had the ball and 2 hibs players were right beside him and he still contrived to gie the ball away.

The pub just went silent and I had to turn round and kind of apologise! :greengrin

A draw would have been a fair result, both teams were honking, the pitch is honking, McGeady is honking, Nish is honking, infact there's not much positive at all to say about that game!!

One thing i do know is that Riordan is a striker and there's not much he can do when he's pickingg up the ball, in his own half, 70 yeards from goal and with his back to goal!!!!!!!! HE'S AN EFFIN STRIKER HUGHES!!! GET HIM UP TOP WHERE HE CAN DO DAMAGE FFS!!!!! :grr::grr::grr:

and sleep :greengrin

hibeemad
05-04-2010, 08:40 AM
the onlything nish did ok on sunday was that he put a bit of effort into the game. he has nothing else to give. week in and week out he gets a game and does the same nearly every week, nothing

Good things about Nish from Sunday: He put a bit of effort in for half a game

Bad points about nish on Sunday: Too Slow, gave the ball away nearly every time, always falling down. No tackling skills and no idea

That just about sums him up, and people say he was excellent

He is 1st division material, if that.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 08:51 AM
the onlything nish did ok on sunday was that he put a bit of effort into the game. he has nothing else to give. week in and week out he gets a game and does the same nearly every week, nothing

Bad points about nish on Sunday: Too Slow, gave the ball away nearly every time, always falling down. No tackling skills and no idea

The least we should expect is players giving there all. He's just not good enough to take us were we all want to be. Although he's not alone there, and Yogi has his work cut out in the summer, we need 5 or 6 better players, 1st team players not squad men, than we currently have.

houston1875
05-04-2010, 10:01 AM
FFS folk actually saying good things bout Mr Nish!! :greengrin

What a a fickle bunch we are..

houston1875
05-04-2010, 10:02 AM
me too :thumbsup:

ditto

Hermit Crab
05-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Too many folk on here looking for a scapegoat and Nish and Rankin pop up every time. :confused: They BOTH get unfair attacks on the way they play, especially Nish who i thought put in a good shift yesterday, also Rankin imo showed plenty of fight and heart.

Leave off these lads because thier confidence must be totally shot the now.:grr:

basehibby
05-04-2010, 10:53 AM

Would you at least admit that he had a good game for Colin Nish - or were you too blinkered to even notice that?!?

It wouldn't surprise me if you were one of those booing him when he went off despite the fact he'd been a real handful for the Celtic defence for the whole match (Do these people leave their labradors and white sticks at the door when they come to a game or what???)

hibeemad
05-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Would you at least admit that he had a good game for Colin Nish - or were you too blinkered to even notice that?!?

It wouldn't surprise me if you were one of those booing him when he went off despite the fact he'd been a real handful for the Celtic defence for the whole match (Do these people leave their labradors and white sticks at the door when they come to a game or what???)

Ok i admit it, he was no too bad for Colin ( first half only )

But why should we put up with not too bad for colin nish. He is no good if Hibs are in any way ambitious

RIP
05-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Colin Nish is an improved player under Yogi. He looks like he has added a stone in weight and about 4 inches on the chest. The Colin Nish of last season would have been pushed all over the place by the Celtic back line.

The guy started off the season blowing oot his erchie by half time. Now he keeps it going non-stop for 80 minutes.

Give big Colin another 6 months under Mr Hughes and there will be a few folk on here eating their words.

hibeemad
05-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Colin Nish is an improved player under Yogi. He looks like he has added a stone in weight and about 4 inches on the chest. The Colin Nish of last season would have been pushed all over the place by the Celtic back line.

The guy started off the season blowing oot his erchie by half time. Now he keeps it going non-stop for 80 minutes.

Give big Colin another 6 months under Mr Hughes and there will be a few folk on here eating their words.

Not a chance, he was goosed at halftime on Sunday

4crichards
05-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Nish is as much use as tits on a fish! he's useless! spends more time on his arse than his feet. not strong enough,not quick enough,not good enough. how many times has he been one on one this season and balls it up!:grr:

basehibby
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Ok i admit it, he was no too bad for Colin ( first half only )

But why should we put up with not too bad for colin nish. He is no good if Hibs are in any way ambitious

Because regardless of whether he's "Hibs class" or not, right now he is a Hibs player - no amount of moaning and whinging will change that - so why not support him for the time being and give him credit for having a good game???

truehibernian
05-04-2010, 07:21 PM
When you have witnessed the finesse of Hurtado, Showumni and the cult that is Konte (that was cult), Nish is in the Ibrahimavic mould. Tries hard, not playing particularly well, but this could apply to the whole squad bar a couple. Looks very unfit to me these last few games.

MontrealHibs
05-04-2010, 07:24 PM
When you have witnessed the finesse of Hurtado, Showumni and the cult that is Konte (that was cult), Nish is in the Ibrahimavic mould. Tries hard, not playing particularly well, but this could apply to the whole squad bar a couple. Looks very unfit to me these last few games.

I agree it's not Nish's fault - it's ours! We signed him when he should really be playing for some first division side.

truehibernian
05-04-2010, 07:31 PM
I agree it's not Nish's fault - it's ours! We signed him when he should really be playing for some first division side.

His scoring record would suggest he is better than first division. Sadly for Colin, he is not playing well, or consistently well this season. He has been yet another of Hughes "experiments", playing in the imaginary "behind the striker" role..........Nish is a frontman, a target man, not a link up player, and not a technically gifted attacking midfielder. Same as Wotherspoon is not a full back, Riordan is not a left midfielder, Hanlon is not a left back, the list could go on. If you play 4-4-2, then Nish can be included in any combination of strike partnership. If we persist with 4-3-3, Nish will continue to be very poor. When the midfield is over run, or possession hard to come by, you naturally drop deeper and deeper to get the ball. Nish, blessed with the pace of a wheelie bin, cannot be expected to pick up the ball and run at defences. For me, that has been why Nish has not been that productive a player this season. Played okay first half yesterday, but that's Nish.....it's only in glimpses.

hibbymark
05-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Nish got into double figures with kilmarnock every year and as a second striker with hibs i think that would be a decent return every season with stokes or deek getting 20 plus goals. Very few spl clubs are getting that level of return from their top goalscorer. I think nish is a easy target for the boo boys because he looks ungamely and is a bit light weight for his height. I remember thinking on sunday when Ian Murray cut inside and hit as bad a shot as i have seen from a professional footballer was met with a round of applause! (not murrays strong point to be fair) but imagine the reaction if that was Nish. He is far from perfect Nish but underated imo. We really miss him when he's not playing and as a hibs fan i can't begin to imagine how he feels when he hears some of the stuff that gets shouted at him every week.

DaveF
05-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Nish got into double figures with kilmarnock every year and as a second striker with hibs i think that would be a decent return every season with stokes or deek getting 20 plus goals. Very few spl clubs are getting that level of return from their top goalscorer. I think nish is a easy target for the boo boys because he looks ungamely and is a bit light weight for his height. I remember thinking on sunday when Ian Murray cut inside and hit as bad a shot as i have seen from a professional footballer was met with a round of applause! (not murrays strong point to be fair) but imagine the reaction if that was Nish. He is far from perfect Nish but underated imo. We really miss him when he's not playing and as a hibs fan i can't begin to imagine how he feels when he hears some of the stuff that gets shouted at him every week.

Great post :agree:

Nish just isn't a fans favourite in the same way Murray is, but he is a bog standard SPL player and does a job. Not always brilliantly, but he does a job.

Toaods
05-04-2010, 09:01 PM
I remember thinking on sunday when Ian Murray cut inside and hit as bad a shot as i have seen from a professional footballer was met with a round of applause!

...take it you never saw Galbraith's....:greengrin

leither17
05-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Nish is as much use as tits on a fish! he's useless! spends more time on his arse than his feet. not strong enough,not quick enough,not good enough. how many times has he been one on one this season and balls it up!:grr:

http://allegedlylegit.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/mermaid.jpg

jacomo
05-04-2010, 09:29 PM
I thought Nish had a fine first half, worked hard and competed well.

After he got booked in the 2nd half, though, he offered nothing and should have been subbed earlier.

Why we waited until 70-odd minutes before making a change is beyond me. Benji, Galbraith and Byrne were all warming up in front of us in the West, but weren't used until too late.

RIP
05-04-2010, 10:20 PM

So he supports Hibs - So you hate him? - So you join Hibs.Net to have a pop.

What was it Yogi said about Message Boards again?

This place is stinking at the moment!!

I suppose you think Nade is better?:faf:

hibeemad
05-04-2010, 10:49 PM
So he supports Hibs - So you hate him? - So you join Hibs.Net to have a pop.

What was it Yogi said about Message Boards again?

This place is stinking at the moment!!

I suppose you think Nade is better?:faf:

you do a lot of supposing do you not. I never said i hate Nish and i never Joined .net to complain about him. I also dont know what Yogi said about message boards and i dont think nade is any better than nish

You aint got much right so far. And if you think that nish is a good footballer with Hibs, well yet again you got summit wrong.

One thing i do know about message boards is, it is a place for us fans to air our views. And if you dont like anyone elses thoughts then you shouldnt really read message boards then

RIP
06-04-2010, 06:55 AM
you do a lot of supposing do you not. I never said i hate Nish and i never Joined .net to complain about him. I also dont know what Yogi said about message boards and i dont think nade is any better than nish

You aint got much right so far. And if you think that nish is a good footballer with Hibs, well yet again you got summit wrong.

One thing i do know about message boards is, it is a place for us fans to air our views. And if you dont like anyone elses thoughts then you shouldnt really read message boards then

If you were at the game, know anything at all about centre-forward link play or indeed football in general you would not say Nish had a bad game on Saturday

However if you have another agenda.............

RMG_82
06-04-2010, 07:09 AM

I thought Nish was the only player, bar maybe Murray, that put some genuine effort in. He might not be techinically gifted but at least he's putting a decent honest shift in, something Hibs have been lacking since xmas and something that we as hibs fans expect from a hibs player.

I believe thats what all these negative threads stem from. Lack of effort.

Nish's SPL goals to games ratio is decent. He just needs a few goals to get his confidence back. When your confidence is shot to **** it affects your first touch, wanting the ball, your hold up play.... everything really. A few goals before the end of the season and decent pre-season and i think we'l see a better player next season

I'm behind the big man 100%. Although i do find myself using "colin nish" as rhyming slang :greengrin

hibsbollah
06-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Nish is in the Ibrahimavic mould.

:faf: You were being serious werent you?
Post of the millenium:top marks

Gingertosser
06-04-2010, 09:17 AM
To be fair, he was better than in previous weeks, which isn't exactly hard.
If he was playing 5's with me and my mates he would probably be last pick.

I had to laugh on Sunday when firstly a header and then one of his cushioned first touches went out for throw ins, and both times he tried to blame Galbraith :confused:

Just one of a long list of players needing shipped out :grr:

hibeemad
06-04-2010, 10:12 AM
If you were at the game, know anything at all about centre-forward link play or indeed football in general you would not say Nish had a bad game on Saturday

However if you have another agenda.............

I cant really grasp what your getting at. I dont have any hidden agenda just the same as Nish doesnt have any talent. If you dont agree with what i say about Nish then why not just back it up to prove he is good.

18 starts and 3 goals, 6 yellows and 2 red cards, and did you say he was a centre forward.

If my centre forward was scoring 3 out of 18 starts and also 8 times as a sub, i think i would be wordering what was wrong. But hey i forgot its all about link play, like heading the ball out for throws to the opponants and backing into them to try and get fouls.

Just admit it he is PISH