PDA

View Full Version : The Pitch - Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroxburnHibee
04-04-2010, 07:35 PM
I know the square root of **** all about gardening so can some of you keen gardeners explain to me why after all the rain & snow we have had why the **** we had the sprinklers on today.

:confused:

PS.

Nish is pish, Cregg has to go, Hogg is never a captain blah, blah, blah just to keep the rest of you happy :wink:

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Spot on D. Pitch is a disgrace and Deek should get his money back :wink::greengrin

Hibs Class
04-04-2010, 07:36 PM
A well watered pitch optimises the crispness of our passing :agree:

Mikey
04-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Yep, a wet pitch makes the ball move over it quicker. However, the players have found out that hoofing it down the park gets it there even quicker!

BTW, the pitch is now 12 years old and is definitely being replaced over the summer. Hopefully we'll see a huge improvement next season.

BroxburnHibee
04-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Yep, a wet pitch makes the ball move over it quicker. However, the players have found out that hoofing it down the park gets it there even quicker!

BTW, the pitch is now 12 years old and is definitely being replaced over the summer. Hopefully we'll see a huge improvement next season.

:hilarious :top marks

easterhib
04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Spot on D. Pitch is a disgrace and Deek should get his money back :wink::greengrin
yes it is a poor park

essexhibee
04-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Could 3g pitches not work in scotland? Just like in Russia? I know it isnt as cold over here but we have lots of precipitation. People moan about how its not the same, i have played on it before and think thats rubbish, but still surley it is better than the dross the SPL pitches are like at the moment? Yes it might not be real grass but its a lot better than a ploughed field.

Mikey
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
SPL pitches have to be grass. Synthetic pitches aren't allowed.

col02
04-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Going against the grain but for the Hibs groundstaff to have worked so well to avoid any postponements this season especially on the back of a very harsh Winter I think they should be applauded. Short of having the expensive grow lamps I do not know what more if anything they could have done to improve the current condition of the pitch. This is why imho Riordan was fined for his comments as the groundstaff do the best they can to keep the surface in as good condition as they can.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Going against the grain but for the Hibs groundstaff to have worked so well to avoid any postponements this season especially on the back of a very harsh Winter I think they should be applauded. Short of having the expensive grow lamps I do not know what more if anything they could have done to improve the current condition of the pitch. This is why imho Riordan was fined for his comments as the groundstaff do the best they can to keep the surface in as good condition as they can.

Are these lamps too expensive for us, how much would they cost to buy and run?:dunno:

scottish_sleepy
05-04-2010, 11:24 AM
SPL pitches have to be grass. Synthetic pitches aren't allowed.

i thought that as well mikey. however on the official spl website it says they can be used as long as they are of a certain standard. i can't get the link to it from this phone but ill look for it tonight.

Mikey
05-04-2010, 11:29 AM
i thought that as well mikey. however on the official spl website it says they can be used as long as they are of a certain standard. i can't get the link to it from this phone but ill look for it tonight.

Scott Lindsay mentioned it to me in BTG the other day. It's just not an option apparently.

Hibby D
05-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Scott Lindsay mentioned it to me in BTG the other day. It's just not an option apparently.

so how come Dunfy got away with it 5 or 6 years ago? :dunno:

Anyone remember the streaker??? :greengrin

truehibernian
05-04-2010, 11:36 AM

If memory serves me correct D, Dunfermline were one of a handful of teams agreeing to pilot the new technolgy on behalf of a EUFA backed scheme.......Ian Rush was involved in the company that laid their pitch and I think they also scooped some kind of promotional match to showcase it.

truehibernian
05-04-2010, 11:37 AM
That should be UEFA clearly :faf:

Franck is God
05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I got this from the SPL website, it is the membership rules for being part of the SPL and was sent to all clubs in 2009.

Any team would be able to use one but sounds like all the clubs have to agree to it, that can be the only reason that Hamilton had to get rid of theirs.

Synthetic and Artificial Pitches
Rule B23.1 contains a prohibition on League matches being played on a synthetic or artificial playing surface unless certain conditions are met.

In order to be used in a League match a synthetic or artificial playing surface must be designed and constructed to the relevant FIFA standard and it must be demonstrated to the Board that the pitch in question meets and continues to meet the relevant FIFA quality and performance criteria. That standard and the relevant quality and performance criteria is, at present, the "FIFA two star standard".
In addition the Board must approve the use of such a synthetic or artificial playing surface in League Matches.

scottish_sleepy
05-04-2010, 11:55 AM

What about the pitch at the emirates and swansea ?
Any chance they would look at that ?

weonlywon6-2
05-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Are these lamps too expensive for us, how much would they cost to buy and run?:dunno:

maybe we could borrow tommy sheridans and jimmy calderwoods sun lamps to place over the pitch:greengrin

Mikey

Pilot scheme. Hamilton had to dig their up when they were promoted.

Mikey

What do they have?

weonlywon6-2
05-04-2010, 11:58 AM

do arsenal not have the grass lamps?

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 12:02 PM
maybe we could borrow tommy sheridans and jimmy calderwoods sun lamps to place over the pitch:greengrin

:faf::faf:

Wembley67
05-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Some of the pitches in the EPL are real grass woven with synthetic grass therefore the pitch does not get churned up with sliding tackles etc. Probably be expensive but imagine it would be well worth it.

_hucks_
05-04-2010, 12:08 PM
What do they have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desso_GrassMaster

khib70
05-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Some of the pitches in the EPL are real grass woven with synthetic grass therefore the pitch does not get churned up with sliding tackles etc. Probably be expensive but imagine it would be well worth it.
:agree:That's right. The pitch at Man City is as you describe it, and has always looked excellent when I've been down there.

lapsedhibee
05-04-2010, 12:21 PM

600 x 500w lamps 24/7 November - March: say, £100k annually? :dunno:

PC Stamp
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
The latest spec 4G pitches are all the rage in Scandinavia and by all accounts very similar to real grass. It's also good enough for Champions League games such as the one Inter Milan will play CSKA Moscow on ... not withstanding the final between Man U & Chelski a couple of years back.

But it's not good enough for the SPL. :rolleyes:

And we wonder why we continue to remain stuck right at the erse of European football!!!

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 12:29 PM
The latest spec 4G pitches are all the rage in Scandinavia and by all accounts very similar to real grass. It's also good enough for Champions League games such as the one Inter Milan will play CSKA Moscow on ... not withstanding the final between Man U & Chelski a couple of years back.

And we wonder why we continue to remain stuck right at the erse of European football!!!

:agree: Stuck in the dark ages as usual.

Mikey
05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desso_GrassMaster

Definitely not allowed in the SPL at the moment.

PatHead
05-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Did Engerland not play Russia on a "plastic" pitch in a World Cup qualifier, alternatively could we not harness the hot air the guy next to me in the FF creates every 2nd week?

Finally the plastic pitches would not be good enough for most SPL players to play on as they aren't good enough to play on grass pitches

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 12:40 PM
600 x 500w lamps 24/7 November - March: say, £100k annually? :dunno:

I have no idea what it would cost, although these new 4G pitches would have no real cost in upkeep I'd imagine. As has been said, the 4G pitch was good enough for a champions league cup final, and would probably be the best option, but what do we know?

1875godsgift
05-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I have no idea what it would cost, although these new 4G pitches would have no real cost in upkeep I'd imagine. As has been said, the 4G pitch was good enough for a champions league cup final, and would probably be the best option, but what do we know?
One of the posters on here, RussianHibs maybe?, is involved in the company who sell these pitches. I'm sure I remember reading a post saying that he had approached the club to see if they were innterested?

Hibbyradge
05-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Only 2 home games left so get your pitch moans and groans in while you can. :wink:

PaulSmith
05-04-2010, 03:45 PM

I'm confident that the 3g was replaced by grass for the final.

A mix between 4G and natural grass would be the answer

madabouthibs
05-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Could be the reason for Yogi's sometimes bizarre team sheets.
Maybe the guys are performing well down at the training centre on the artificial surfaces, and meriting selection, but they just can't cut it on the tattie fields in the SPL? :grr:
That would be my excuse anyway! :greengrin

noseyhibby
05-04-2010, 11:04 PM

I agree. One day the football world will once and for all put an end to grass pitches. The paying customer deserves better, and should not have to endure eye-bleeding wars of attrition on mud heaps every single year. The E.R. pitch has definitely contributed to the post christmas poor performances from Hibs for as far back as I care to remember. Fans are being cheated out of hard-earned money to watch dire games brought down to public park levels all because of the insistence on playing on grass.

silverhibee
06-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Only 2 home games left so get your pitch moans and groans in while you can. :wink:

What, and run the the risk of being fined by the club. Nae chance, the pitch looks fine to me.:wink: :greengrin

Hibby D
06-04-2010, 01:14 PM
What, and run the the risk of being fined by the club. Nae chance, the pitch looks fine to me.:wink: :greengrin

:hilarious

mikethehibee69
06-04-2010, 06:16 PM
yes it is a poor park
watch what ur saying, u may get fined:wink: and Deek u should stop masquerading as easterhib:faf:

mikethehibee69
06-04-2010, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=col02;2416857] Short of having the expensive grow lamps I do not know what more if anything they could have done to improve the current condition of the pitch.
Ask the Thai immigrants in Livingston about heat lamps they seem to know how to grow grass anywhere:greengrin:faf::faf:

WellingtonHibby
07-04-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm confident that the 3g was replaced by grass for the final.

A mix between 4G and natural grass would be the answer

Do the Pitz at Sighthill not use 5G now? The business for 7 a side. :top marks