PDA

View Full Version : Keane

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, haven't read all the threads yet.

When Stack and Keane ran into each other shouldn't Keane have been taken off the pitch once he was up on his feet again? :dunno:

greenlex
04-04-2010, 06:56 PM

When Stack and Keane ran into each other shouldn't Keane have been taken off the pitch once he was up on his feet again? :dunno:
Yes and I was shouting at the top of my voice at the time. Richmond!!! :grr:

cabbageandribs1875
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM

:agree: BBC commentator and murdo Mcleod mentioned this several times, they said no matter how silly a rule it is...it's still a rule, explain that one richmond.

Atalanta
04-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Can't understand why it wasn't given as a foul by Keane. Stack cleared the ball with a header and Keane then clattered into him. Probably should have been a booking as well.

Bayern Bru
04-04-2010, 07:02 PM
We certainly thought so.

Does anyone know the ruling on keepers when they've received treatment by the way?

Westie1875
04-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Can't understand why it wasn't given as a foul by Keane. Stack cleared the ball with a header and Keane then clattered into him. Probably should have been a booking as well.

Thats what I thought too, Stack had cleared the ball - if it had been the other way around the keeper would have been sent off.

greenlex
04-04-2010, 07:04 PM
We certainly thought so.

Does anyone know the ruling on keepers when they've received treatment by the way?
Keepers allowed to stay on.

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 07:04 PM
We certainly thought so.

Keepers don't have to go off

Viva_Palmeiras
04-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Ah but there is an unwritten amendment to the rule for Scotland and Richmond observed this to the letter - no case to answer :wink:

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Not much chance of Richmond getting that right when he awards a penalty for dangerous play rather than an indirect free kick :grr:

Lofarl
04-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Your all forgetting the most important rule in football.

Rule 1-Robbie Keane shall not be tackled, if said superstar finds himself on the ground the referee must bring the game to a halt at once.

Rule 1 (subsection) Once the poor wee lamb is found to be ok, the referee must give the wee soul a kiss and a cuddle to help him on his way. Please note however that Lord Keano of Keane may choose to leave the field of play if it is to his teams benefit. If it is not the Lord Keane may resume play from where said crime was comitted.

Billy
04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Had a conversation with a TV Pundit after the game and he said that there was a rule stating that if a player collides with a keeper and BOTH need treatment, then because the keeper does not go off, the player does not have to either due to becoming injured via the keeper.

If Stack did not require treatment however, Keane would have had to leave the field after receiving his treatment.

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Had a conversation with a TV Pundit after the game and he said that there was a rule stating that if a player collides with a keeper and BOTH need treatment, then because the keeper does not go off, the player does not have to either due to becoming injured via the keeper.

If Stack did not require treatment however, Keane would have had to leave the field after receiving his treatment.

Thanks for that, my uncle did mention that but I thought he was talking rubbish :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
05-04-2010, 09:04 AM

That would be the Penalty incident where (according to the twat next to me in Fishers) Stack deliberately floored Keane and didn't win the ball :confused:

PC Stamp
05-04-2010, 09:25 AM

Like a TV pundit would know the rules! Most are ex polayers who didn't know them when they played. Personally I think the pundit is talking nonsense.

mim
05-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Like a TV pundit would know the rules! Most are ex polayers who didn't know them when they played. Personally I think the pundit is talking nonsense.

Nope. The pundit is correct (for once).

If the goalkeeper needs onfield treatment he does not have to go off and, because of this, another player involved in the same incident who needs treatment does not have to go off.

It also happened against Killie when Bamba stayed on when their keeper was subbed.

PC Stamp
05-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Nope. The pundit is correct (for once).

If the goalkeeper needs onfield treatment he does not have to go off and, because of this, another player involved in the same incident who needs treatment does not have to go off.

It also happened against Killie when Bamba stayed on when their keeper was subbed.

Fair do's. A pundit who knows their stuff. Must have been Craig Paterson!

NGP
05-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Penalty - McGreedy player gets to the ball 1st, Stokes player catches him going for same ball - penalty given.

2 mins later, Stack wins the ball, Keane clatters into him going for same ball, no foul, game has to be stopped as both players require treament. If that challenge happened the other way round, foul to Celtc and Stack sent off.

basehibby
05-04-2010, 10:39 AM

:agree: Absolutely - definately should have been a foul for Hibs and a booking (at least) for Keane for his reckless challenge.

dalkeith stu
05-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Penalty - McGreedy player gets to the ball 1st, Stokes player catches him going for same ball - penalty given.

2 mins later, Stack wins the ball, Keane clatters into him going for same ball, no foul, game has to be stopped as both players require treament. If that challenge happened the other way round, foul to Celtc and Stack sent off.

Exactly what i was saying and they didn't want to give us the ball back at the drop ball. erses :grr::grr: