PDA

View Full Version : Bowls..the new season is almost upon us ..

MSK
04-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Guys, whats been happening around the clubs ..when do you open, whats your aspirations for the season ahead, new bowls ..new gear ..?

I know that media slut Andy Sneddon has moved from Whitehouse back to Tanfield ..good luck wi that Andy ..:thumbsup:

Looking at the Northern website & Mike Burns has been mentioned a few times ..another media hoor !!!

Also mentioned on the Northern website is the fantastic upcoming game ..Northern hibbies v the hibs.net in June ...mon the .net :hnet:

Jewel Miners green opens on the 10th April....green looking fantastic ..cant wait to get out there ..Esk league starts a week later so no much time to impress ..

Bring it on ...

Lmc2105
04-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Guys, whats been happening around the clubs ..when do you open, whats your aspirations for the season ahead, new bowls ..new gear ..?

I know that media slut Andy Sneddon has moved from Whitehouse back to Tanfield ..good luck wi that Andy ..:thumbsup:

Looking at the Northern website & Mike Burns has been mentioned a few times ..another media hoor !!!

Also mentioned on the Northern website is the fantastic upcoming game ..Northern hibbies v the hibs.net in June ...mon the .net :hnet:

Jewel Miners green opens on the 10th April....green looking fantastic ..cant wait to get out there ..Esk league starts a week later so no much time to impress ..

Bring it on ...

Indeed he has and he will be missed throughout the club!! but we will hopefully have a good season this year and a hope this year i will get put in the 1st or even the 2nd team as last year a was skip of the 3rd's and had a no bad season .. but Re the .net team another easy win this year is bound on the cards with the talent we had last year scuppering the Northern Chances:devil::wink:

Anyways i think my green isopen about the same time Kenny Missed the AGM so do have a clue what the greens like.

GOOD LUCK to all hibs.net bowlers for your seasons ahead:thumbsup::thumbsup::hnet:

MSK
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Indeed he has and he will be missed throughout the club!! but we will hopefully have a good season this year and a hope this year i will get put in the 1st or even the 2nd team as last year a was skip of the 3rd's and had a no bad season .. but Re the .net team another easy win this year is bound on the cards with the talent we had last year scuppering the Northern Chances:devil::wink:

Anyways i think my green isopen about the same time Kenny Missed the AGM so do have a clue what the greens like.

GOOD LUCK to all hibs.net bowlers for your seasons ahead:thumbsup::thumbsup::hnet:Good stuff Lee, looking forward to meeting up wi yer boys (& Dad) on 5th June ..stay fit ..this is a biggie !!! :hnet:

MB62
05-04-2010, 07:16 AM
We don't open until the 17th April, a week later than normal for some reason.

Heard at the weekend that today, Monday 5th April, is the last day of the Civil Service club, it will be closed and taken over by Telford College.
I believe the bowling section is to fullfil its fixtures this season but as all the groundstaff have apparently been paid off already, I don't know who will be looking after their green. I also hear that some of their members have already left for pastures new (none to the Nothern unfortunately).
This is a huge shame as this club was highly spoken about, especially as a social club, nobody knows what Telford College intend to do with the fantastic sports venue.

GGTTNH :thumbsup: