PDA

View Full Version : Bamba Booking & Supension

Frazerbob
04-04-2010, 04:30 PM
What a silly way to get himself a 3 match ban. When does it kick in and who will be the centre half pairing for those three games?

As a side note, are the players made aware that they are a certain number of bookings away from a ban? Surely the management must be aware of everyone's situation and relay that to the players. If Bamba was aware that he was one yellow away from a ban he should get hammered for that booking today.

hibee
04-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Maybe he thought since Samaras got away with kicking the ball away he would too, but your right, stupid stupid thing to do, he didn't even do it right away so had plenty of time to think about what he was doing.

down-the-slope
04-04-2010, 04:36 PM
What a silly way to get himself a 3 match ban. When does it kick in and who will be the centre half pairing for those three games?

As a side note, are the players made aware that they are a certain number of bookings away from a ban? Surely the management must be aware of everyone's situation and relay that to the players. If Bamba was aware that he was one yellow away from a ban he should get hammered for that booking today.

Aye but there is not a TV game for a couple of weeks so he convieniently gets ban out the way while not missing an opportunity to be in the EPL 'shop window' :tin hat:

Atalanta
04-04-2010, 06:36 PM

I agree it was stupid but I can understand his frustration having just been wrongly penalised after making an excellent tackle

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM

The ban will kick in 14 days from when he gets the booking IIRC

Hibs Class
04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
His booking was daft. What annoys me though, is that he ends up with the same punishment for a momentary loss of temper as their player (O'Dea, I think) when he tried to pace out the wall towards the end of the first half. Given that the Celtic Official "All Refs Are Biased Against Us & Have Been For As Long As Billy McNeill Can Remember" Campaign is currently in full flow, his actions could only inflame matters. As far as I'm concerned he should have been dealt with the same way Nish was at Pittodrie for extreme dissent, and given a red card.