PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that thought we played well today?

Gatecrasher
04-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Going by some of the threads in Here you would think hibs had another stinker today, but I don't think this was the case, especially in the first half the team played well and were unlucky to end the game with a defeat, it was by no means perfect but an improvement IMO

Pedantic_Hibee
04-04-2010, 04:04 PM
I agree 100%.

Gettin' Auld
04-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Going by some of the threads in Here you would think hibs had another stinker today, but I don't think this was the case, especially in the first half the team played well and were unlucky to end the game with a defeat, it was by no means perfect but an improvement IMO
:thumbsup:

down-the-slope
04-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Nope your not..Its just the Doom and Gloomers post more :wink:

HFC 0-7
04-04-2010, 04:08 PM
I dont think we played well today, but the effort was certainly there. The tackles were a lot harder than normal, there was more running, and at times we looked like a proper team. If we keep putting that much effort in then things may change, but I dont think we played well. Too many passes going astray, wrong option passes and a bit of a lack of vision, but SUCH an improvement in effort than the last few games.

nickwhibs
04-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Yep I thought so too. Fair enough some of our passing was a bit slack, particuarly in the final third but we certainly deserved at least a point. Bamba and Thicot were very solid at the back, midfield was ok too, thought it was only our strikers that werent at the races today. For the first time in ages we certainly weren't overrun in midfield which was pleasing. Definately more encouraging than recent weeks :notworthy:

samlawriehfclfc
04-04-2010, 04:24 PM
no i thought hibs played well
:thumbsup::thumbsup::flag:

Sir David Gray
04-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I thought we played better than previous weeks but it still wasn't great. The commitment and workrate was there all afternoon but there was very little quality in the final third. In the second half in particular, Stokes had to chase lost cause after lost cause. The frustrating thing is that Celtic were no better. I don't think they would have scored from open play today.

hibee
04-04-2010, 04:38 PM
I was happy with the performance today, much better than recently but we were up against a ref who went all out to make sure the league isn't over too early.

hibsbollah
04-04-2010, 04:39 PM
A massive improvement on previous weeks. If Miller was in his early season form i think we could have won it.

bighairyfaeleith
04-04-2010, 04:54 PM
yep I was heartened by what I seen today. Lots still to be done but there was a willingness and for now thats enough for me.

Lets keep it moving forward hibs :thumbsup:

matty_f
04-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Don't have any real issues with the performance today, I thought we more than matched Celtc for long periods of the game, if not all of it.

I thought we were good, considering the opposition.

stu in nottingham
04-04-2010, 05:03 PM
I thought that Hibs were pretty decent today. Whilst Celtic have been going through the mill a bit of late, the calibre of the opposition still has to be remembered and I think many were not looking forward to today's game.

The work rate was good. There were misplaced passes sure, but you could level that at Celtic too. It was that kind of game. The forwards looked a little isolated at times but I thought the midfield and defence gave a good account of their selves generally. With a bit of confidence restored, performances like today's will begin to produce points again.

I honestly believe Hibs deserved at least a point from today.

Sergey
04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Don't have any real issues with the performance today, I thought we more than matched Celtc for long periods of the game, if not all of it.

I thought we were good, considering the opposition.

That's very possibly the worst Celtic side that I can remember, even with Keane and McGeady.

Were they that bad under Barnes? Probably, but they are awful at the moment.

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I thought we played very well, a lot better than the last few weeks but then that wouldn't have been to hard :greengrin

There were a lot of things from our play today to be positive about :agree:

Though I have to say Celtic were very poor :agree:

Saorsa
04-04-2010, 06:58 PM
I've no said this much this season but I thought todays game wisnae bad at all

apart from that ****** Richmond :grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-04-2010, 07:01 PM
If we can perfrom like that against any team outwith the top three, then that should be good enough to start picking up points again. Three points next week against the accies is a must though.:agree:

col02
04-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Good performance today I thought and something positive for the team to build upon for next weekend against Hamilton.

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 07:21 PM

No.

We were a lot better than we've been for weeks. Plenty of spirit, determination and energy together with a fair bit of decent football on a *****e surface. If you're reading this Rod the pitch is a joke and Deek should get his money back

Gatecrasher
04-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Phew it wasn't just me!

Thanks for the replys, I thought I watched a another game there!

JimBHibees
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Thought Hibs were pretty solid and did ok on an awful pitch. Not great but an improvement.

basehibby
04-04-2010, 07:35 PM

This is my first post since coming in from the game and I can honestly say that Hibs put on a good performance today.
I thought that in open play we edged it as the better side and I think the stats would back me up on that (OPTA stats pending :cool2:)
We lost out to an iffy penalty and were denied one at the other end as well as hitting the bar and taking the game to Celtic before and after their goal. Would obviously have loved the three points but I see that as a step in the right direction - the preformance was there if not the points - take that to Hamilton next week and we'll hopefully do better.

Joe Baker II
05-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Thought Hibs were pretty solid and did ok on an awful pitch. Not great but an improvement.

Totally agree, United game was actually slight improvement on previous weeks too but this was much better.

Celtic will not be great to watch under Lennon but they were much better organised than at end of Mowbray's term, despite that we only lost due to an arguable penalty and deserved a draw.

seanraff07
05-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Totally agree, United game was actually slight improvement on previous weeks too but this was much better.

Celtic will not be great to watch under Lennon but they were much better organised than at end of Mowbray's term, despite that we only lost due to an arguable penalty and deserved a draw.

Can't agree with the United game i thought we lacked fight and spirit and wanted it a lot less than them after they equalised, although i agree about yesterday, Celtic still looked a pretty average and i reckn we couldve got a win if they werent awarded a penalty for which shouldve been an indirect free-kick, oh well i'm not exactly shocked, big improvement though compared to recent weeks, if we play like that against Hamilton i think we'll win.

Joe Baker II
05-04-2010, 02:25 PM
if we play like that against Hamilton i think we'll win.

I cannot agree here unfortunately, think Hamilton will deservedly start favourites on Saturday as they are team in form at moment.

Agree with everyhing else you said though, was not saying we were decent against United, just it was a bit better than 2 Ross County and Killie games and what I heard about Tynecastle (I missed it).

Onceinawhile
05-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Reminded me of when we drew 0-0 with celtic last season under Mixu. We didn't look like conceding or scoring.

Total end of season game that didn't matter to either team is how yesterday felt to me.

ahibby
06-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Raised our game again because its the OF?

Geo_1875
06-04-2010, 09:41 AM
To be honest I think the OF lets Hibs play football in the middle of the park and we can match them there. When we face the cloggers that pack the middle with all in wrestlers we will struggle again. Unless our players get the protection that the OF expect and receive from our unbiased referees.