PDA

View Full Version : I actually thought mccormack did not bad today...

Cameron1875
04-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Normally when he plays i think he is hopeless but today he didnt do too badly imo. Solid enough, cleared his lines and did ok against mcgeady (christ a lot better than at parkhead last season).

Read a few other threads where he has been slated so just wanted peoples thoughts.

:notworthy:

Westie1875
04-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Normally when he plays i think he is hopeless but today he didnt do too badly imo. Solid enough, cleared his lines and did ok against mcgeady (christ a lot better than at parkhead last season).

Read a few other threads where he has been slated so just wanted peoples thoughts.

:notworthy:

I agree, had a few wayward passes but overall did ok. The only way the smellies were scoring today was a pen.

Most of the folk slating him probably watched on tv, gives you a very different view on the game at times.

Hibby 2005
04-04-2010, 03:24 PM
He's the best of what's available.

Reaper
04-04-2010, 03:26 PM
I agree, had a few wayward passes but overall did ok. The only way the smellies were scoring today was a pen.

Most of the folk slating him probably watched on tv, gives you a very different view on the game at times.

I didn't think he was great but he got better as the game went on. I think like others though he's suffered due to the fact there's no reserve football cos he looked a wee bit rusty. Not a disaster though.

lyonhibs
04-04-2010, 03:31 PM
He's not the long term solution at right back, because his distribution was awful.

But in terms of pace, bravery and tackling ability, he'll do at RB until the end of the season.

woodythehibee
04-04-2010, 03:41 PM
defensively was decent but offered nothing going forward. poor distribution and gave the ball away time after time.

it's his first game in a while though and is still young and will improve.

Hibby Bairn
04-04-2010, 03:44 PM
defensively was decent but offered nothing going forward. poor distribution and gave the ball away time after time.

it's his first game in a while though and is still young and will improve.

Let's hope so.

down-the-slope
04-04-2010, 03:56 PM
He's the best of what's available.

:agree: correct - remember he is a Centre Half. I predict he and Hanlon will be the first choice CH's in a couple of years.
Then we can get Spoony moulded for RM (with Zemamma out long term) and Miller below par and preffering to be more central

Wotherspiniesta
04-04-2010, 05:26 PM
I was quite impressed by him aswell.
Clattered into McGeady a few times and looked pretty solid. If we had a centre forward who can head the ball he might have even bagged himself an assist today, couple of cracking crosses. Some bad passes aswell but overall he had a good game IMO.

BT58
04-04-2010, 05:35 PM
maccormack hasnt been quoted for a while now,[a bit like thicot]
he gets thrown in against smeltic and mcgeedie in particular,,,,,,
thot the two of em did a good enuff job,,,,,,were obviously down to the bear bones,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if we can hang onto 4th place, it will be a good enuff opening season fer me,,,,,,,,,but then again weve only beaten the bottom 2 in the last 11 games
hb

Cabbage1875
04-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Thought he defended pretty well on the whole but his distribution is really quite awful.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Thought he defended pretty well on the whole but his distribution is really quite awful.

I was just about to write the same, terrible passing, looked a bit overawed

Atalanta
04-04-2010, 06:27 PM
He was very nervous early on but came on to a reasonable game in the second half

Gala Foxes
04-04-2010, 06:56 PM
tackled well but passing pretty poor

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 06:57 PM
He started off really shaky but as the game went on he got better :agree:

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 07:25 PM
:agree: correct - remember he is a Centre Half. I predict he and Hanlon will be the first choice CH's in a couple of years.
Then we can get Spoony moulded for RM (with Zemamma out long term) and Miller below par and preffering to be more central

Jeez I hope not. Hanlon yes but McCormack?