PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Hibs90
04-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Stack - 5.5 - Distribution a little dodgy at times, looked comfortable apart from that.

McCormack - 5 - Not so good, first game in a while but wasn't at his best. Lacked pace and concentration.

Thicot - 7 - Good performance bordering on great today, him over Hogg any day of the week.

Bamba - 8 - Looking back to his usual self.

Murray - 7 - Couple of slack passes otherwise a good solid performance.

Miller - 6 - Seen the good and bad of Miller today, couple of nice runs/passes but also lost the ball too easily.

Cregg - 6.5 - Always said he was pish but he's starting to prove me wrong and again put in a decent shift.

Rankin - 5 - Just pish, how he is still playing for Hibs I don't know.

Nish - 6 - As with Miller, seen the good and bad.

Stokes - 6 - Would have been higher but he needs service. The guy is a poacher and great finisher, give him the ball to his FEET.

Riordan - 5.5 - Not at his best, unlucky with the shot that hit the bar though.

Subs:

Benji - 4 - Never done much.
Galbraith - 4 - Never done much.

Think we deserved a draw at least today and the players should feel hard done by.

hibby al
04-04-2010, 03:31 PM
think your wrong about rankin today i thought he put in a good shift

essexhibee
04-04-2010, 03:32 PM

:bye: .

J-C
04-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Stack...6.....little to do apart from a couple shot right at him, still needs to command his area more.

McCormack...4...Poor passing,crossing and positional sense, looked a bit rusty.

Thicot...7...first few minutes shaky but had a great game after thet, good distribution.

Bamba..9...back to the Bamba we know, daft booking

Murray...7...Solid as ever, always tries to get forward, a few poor passes which is unlike him.

Cregg...7...Worked hard and put in a few meaty challenges, aleays looked to find a man

Miller...6...poor 1st half, got better in the 2nd, still very easily pushed off the ball.

Rankin...6...a trier but that's all, doesn't do enough to warrant him here for next year.

Riordan...5...Didi nowt apart from the one good shot, still played too wide to influence the game

Nish...7...worked hard and made a real nuisance of himself, a lot better

Stokes...5...needs to work harder if he's to lead the line, could learn something from Fletcher.

Benji..3...did little
Galbraith...3...the same
Gow..1...on on for 2 mins.

Richmond...2...too many cards and dodgy penalty, all too much the Charlie Richmond show, with him as the centre of attention.

Westie1875
04-04-2010, 03:40 PM
I'd like to see today's back 4 play all of the games to the end of the season (not sure that is possible with Bamba missing games), they were solid and did not look like losing a goal other than a pen.

Thicot is miles better than Hogg in that position, definitely keep him in.

JennaFletcher
04-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Stack - 6 - Not much to do

McCormack - 5 - Not great, slow, lacking game play but thrown a bit in the deep end today after a long time out and wasn't completely awful!

Thicot - 7 - Good, deserves to stay in the starting 11 after that! Strong, good with Bamba.

Bamba - 9 - Excellent. Strong tackles and great passes, he is a joy to watch when he just leaps out of defence no bother and passes it on :)

Murray - 8 - Solid and great runs up the left when he sees the space, exciting to see.

Cregg - 6 - Worked hard but out-shined by Murray, Bamba, Thicot.

Miller - 6 - Couple of good moments, couple of bad, still much better than Rankin!!

Rankin - 4 - He tries really hard but he doesn't seem to have the skill or ability... never exciting to watch.

Riordan - 5 - Didn't see him a lot in this game but tried to pick out Stokes a few times and that effort on goal that hit the cross bar just shows what he is always capable of. He can have a quiet game but with talent like his he can turn the game around for us in seconds.

Nish - 7 - Worked a lot harder than usual today but still takes a heavy touch/passes a bit too heavily and always seems to be backing into a player/looking for a foul and it totally slows the game down/

Stokes - 5 - Wasn't really involved too much today, not his greatest game.

Benji..3...did little
Galbraith...3...the same

Richmond...4...too many cards and dodgy penalty. Stopped the game a lot and was as blind as a bat to every hand ball.

Hibby Bairn
04-04-2010, 03:47 PM

I agree. Probably depends if you were at the game or not.

Closed down well. Harried and hassled in the middle of the park to win the ball.

One of our better performers today.

Hibs90
04-04-2010, 03:53 PM

Closed down well. Harried and hassled in the middle of the park to win the ball.

Well I was at the game and he was absolute pish..:confused:

Steve20
04-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Stokes - 6 - Would have been higher but he needs service. The guy is a poacher and great finisher, give him the ball to his FEET.

Riordan - 5.5 - Not at his best, unlucky with the shot that hit the bar though.

You honestly thought Stokes played better than Riordan? :confused:

TheMentalHibees
04-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Rankin had a great game today. Mystified by some of the ratings he's getting :confused:

JennaFletcher
04-04-2010, 03:55 PM

I disagree entirely. Our best performers were Bamba, Murray, Thicot. I'd argue that even Miller was better than Rankin today. Rankin tries really hard but he wouldn't be missed from the team if he wasn't in it. And if you were at the United game on Wed night you will have seen in front of your eyes just how dire it is playing him sometimes - how many corners did he take and mess up?

JennaFletcher
04-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Well I was at the game and he was absolute pish..:confused:

:greengrin

JennaFletcher
04-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Rankin had a great game today. Mystified by some of the ratings he's getting :confused:

Mystified how anyone could have the words Rankin and great in the same sentence! :wink:

Hibs90
04-04-2010, 03:59 PM

Yup and given better service he could have nicked a goal or two.

down-the-slope
04-04-2010, 04:02 PM

:agree:

Westie1875
04-04-2010, 04:03 PM

Not me, thought Stokes was pretty invisible today tbh.

nickwhibs
04-04-2010, 04:23 PM
I am not a fan of Rankin at all and still think he needs emptied at the end of the season but actaully thought he played pretty well today. Won more challenges today than I've seen him make in the time he's been at Hibs. Having said that though he didn't exactly create much. I thought Stokes pretty poor tbh. His first touch wasn't the best. He's only good in the box but we didn't really give him the service on there. Also thought his work rate was poor too...just didn't really look up for it today.

lucky
04-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Stack - 6 steady with nothing to do

McCormack - 6 decent defender just not a right back

Thicot - 7 - played well

Bamba - 8 - Hibs best player

Murray - 6 excellent at defending but he just cant pass

Miller - 4 Lord Lucan

Cregg - 6 worked hard but has no pace

Rankin - 7 I thought he played well today but still think he *****

Nish - 5 decent first half rubbish second

Stokes - 6 put a shift but missed his only chance

Riordan - 5 he is NOT a left midfielder or winger :grr:

Subs:

Benji - 2 why bring on this wage thief
Galbraith 3 never got into the game

Wotherspiniesta
04-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Stack- 6
McCormack - 6
Bamba- 9
Thicot- 7
Murray- 7
Rankin- 6
Miller- 5
Cregg- 6
Riordan- 6
Nish- 6
Stokes- 5

fife hfc
04-04-2010, 05:55 PM
I felt we played okay today and a dodgy ref with an unbelievable decision to award a spot kick cost us. I felt our back four had the measure of celtic and Keane done nothing in open play. I thought Cregg had a good game and today we were let down by our two star strikers who think they are better than they are.

Stack 6

McCormack 6
Murray 7
Thicot 8
Bamba 8

Cregg 8
Rankin 7
miller 6
Riordan 4

Nish 7
Stokes 4

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Stack 7 - A few good saves, kicking was much better today and he took Robbie Keane out the game for a good 5 minutes :greengrin
McCormack 6 - Started off really nervous but he came into it as the game went on
Thicot 7 - solid, best game I've seen from him
Bamba 8 - strolled through the game
Murray 9 - MOM by a mile
Rankin 7 - thought he had a great game, he was closing them down, winning tackles, driving us forward. Not sure what more folk want from him tbh
Miller 6 - a bit more fight from him today but his passing let him down at times
Cregg 7 - like Rankin he was in the Celtic players faces, closing them down, winning tackles
Riordan 5 - quiet game from him again
Stokes 5 - didn't really notice him until he gave away the penalty
Nish 7 - worked hard, won a lot in the air

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Maybe it's just me but I cannae help but think that some folk let their overall view of a player taint their scores for specific games? Nish, Rankin et al have their detractors but ironically (and it's not reflected in some of the marks shown) they both put in a decent and productive shift today.

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Stack - 6
McCormack - 5
Thicot - 7
Bamba - 8
Murray - 8

Miller - 5
Cregg - 7
Rankin - 5

Nish - 7
Stokes - 5
Riordan - 6

Anto the Hibernian
04-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Maybe it's just me but I cannae help but think that some folk let their overall view of a player taint their scores for specific games? Nish, Rankin et al have their detractors but ironically (and it's not reflected in some of the marks shown) they both put in a decent and productive shift today.

Some folk just aint got a scoobie...faceless wonders someone once said.

Rankin played well today and despite me agreeing with your overall point, i thought Nish was pretty poor today, to much broke down with him.

For me weak links were the right back & riordan. Like Cregg in the centre of midfield, far better option than stevenson IMO.

18/03/07
04-04-2010, 08:49 PM

Some folk just aint got a scoobie...faceless wonders someone once said.

Rankin played well today and despite me agreeing with your overall point, i thought Nish was pretty poor today, to much broke down with him.

For me weak links were the right back & riordan. Like Cregg in the centre of midfield, far better option than stevenson IMO.
For what my opinions worth I thought Darren kept that wee pr!ck Mcgeady quite quiet

Anto the Hibernian
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM
For what my opinions worth I thought Darren kept that wee pr!ck Mcgeady quite quiet

I agree and think he has something to offer defensively, but he didnt/cant overlap, he cant take on an oppostion player, his techinque is to ltd for a modern position like full back, tellingly his crossing ended far to many promising attacks- never a right back IMO.

basehibby
04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Stack - 7 = solid display - kicking improved since wednesday!

McCormack - 6 - kept things simple and dealt with McGeady threat well

Thicot - 7 - assured display at CH - confirming maybe this is his best position? - show the same focus and determnation next week at hamilton and who knows? maybe keep his place in the team.

Bamba - 8 - Hibs MOM for me - outstriping the Celtic attack in pace, athleticism and sometimes skill as well

Murray - 8 - almost MOM - defending solidly and piling forward at every opportunity - heart and soul of Hibs!

Cregg/Rankin/Miller - 6 - midfield did their job well - linking up and tackling to match up well enough if not dominate the midfield.

Riordan - 6.5 - Worked hard to make himself available and linked up with the midfield well most of the time - cracking effort off the crossbar showing his class which would've earned him an eight if it'd gone in

Nish - 7 - Had a great 1st half in which he was at the heart of many a promising Hibs move - faded a bit in the second but was still influential

Stokes - 6 - threatening as ever but nothing much came off for him today

monktonharp
04-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Maybe it's just me but I cannae help but think that some folk let their overall view of a player taint their scores for specific games? Nish, Rankin et al have their detractors but ironically (and it's not reflected in some of the marks shown) they both put in a decent and productive shift today.at the risk of letting my overall view of Rankin and Nish clouding my opinion of them,I thought they looked like football players today ,and put in a good,expected shift.

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
at the risk of letting my overall view of Rankin and Nish clouding my opinion of them,I thought they looked like football players today ,and put in a good,expected shift.

No argument here :agree:

lEXO
04-04-2010, 10:36 PM

at the risk of letting my overall view of Rankin and Nish clouding my opinion of them,I thought they looked like football players today ,and put in a good,expected shift.
:agree: To both posts.

danger1875
04-04-2010, 10:49 PM

Thicot - 7 - played well

Miller - 4 Lord Lucan

Subs:

Based on four EUFA qualified managers all having played him in the same position more or less, i'm interested in hearing why you know better than them and what your qualificatios are to make the statement above?

vahibbie
04-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Yup and given better service he could have nicked a goal or two.
Now granted I only watched on HibsTV but I don't think he came close. He just didn't work hard enough.
Anyone given "better service" could have nicked a goal or two:confused:

Septimus
05-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Watching the TV coverage is not the same but......

Hibs on the whole plated well today. Rankin, I thought, had a good game. I particularly liked Murray today and he seemed to respond well to wearing the captain's armband.

Roirdan? Posted missing yet again.

cad
05-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Hibs dug in,but the man in the middle just didnt give us anything and the pen ,well thats just playing the old firm he can see Stokes having a wild swing at it , but linesman and ref miss Murray getting hauled back .

Stack - Kicking was suspect again, little to do 5/10

McCormack - Not a right back ,when McGeady went past him early doors I thought he was in for tough 90 Mins ,but he done a job for Hibs today IMO so well done Mac 6/10

Thicot- Should have been playing a hell of a lot more games for Hibs this season 7/10

Bamba - Had a great game did big Sol the best player on the park for me ,silly booking tho 8.5/10

Murray - another 7/10 from Ian dependable

Cregg - Paddy as another poster said not quick enough ,but fights his corner and grafts so 6/10

Miller - Not up to his standards 5/10

Rankin - Best of the 3 for me ,surprised he was taken off 7/10

Nish - Hard day for the big man ref gave him nothing 6.5/10

Stokes - Service to this guy has been poor for weeks IMO 6/10

Riordan - Done a bit did Deek today ,great effort that hit the bar .6.5/10

Benji -
................Both ineffective 3/10

Galbraith -

GGTTH

km2007
05-04-2010, 09:55 AM
I thought Hibs played well today and we were unlucky not to get anything from the game.

Stack - His kicking needs work - although better than recent matches! 5/10

McCormack - Wasn't bad, tried hard and had a little bit of spark. 6/10

Thicot- Had a good game, would like to see him play more often 7/10

Bamba - I'm not usually a Bamba fan, but played well and kept Keane quiet :) 8/10

Murray - Good performance from Murray - like to see him pushing forward too, great game 8/10

Cregg - Put in a great shift 7/10

Miller - Not up to his normal standards but played well 7/10

Rankin - Impressed as he put in a shift for Hibs, sometimes its not pretty but it done the job 7/10

Nish - Made it difficult but has no first or second touch! Could of been better 6/10

Stokes - Quiet, think he would of put a bit more urgency in after pen 4/10

Riordan - Grafted, tried hard. Unlucky has he had space but no-one was looking for him - 7/10

Benji - Hopeless - should give some other players a chance as they would be fighting for a spot!! 2/10

Galbraith -Not enough time to do much really. 3/10

KWJ
05-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Game could really have gone anyway, thought we played decent but not good enough to say we deserved a win. Don't get the complaining about the pen, unintentional but definitely a foul. Whether it should be indirect or not I'm unsure.

Stack - 7 - Did very little wrong.

DM - 6 - Decent enough and better from him.
ST - 8 - Solid and convincing.
SB - 8 - Very impressive but still a bombscare moment or 2 in there.
IM - 8 - Great game but maybe should have done better with passing, shot and that could've been a pen.

JR - 7 - Didn't do much wrong, but nothing to make you stand up and applaud either.
LM - 5 - Showed touches of class but far too many of low confidence and daftness.
PC - 7 - I liked him barring one awful pass.

DR - 7 - Thought he tried but just couldn't get involved enough, maybe should've got tighter to Nish if allowed. Some strike.
CN - 7 - Made a proper nuisance of himself, booking was a joke. Died away a bit though and right sub.
AS - 6 - Bit like Riordan but personally I thought DR did more.

Another difficult game for the strikers though.

DG and Benji weren't used at all when they came on.

ahibby
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm just happy that we looked as if we knew what we were all about. Lets hope that continues, starting with Hamilton next week. That should be a good game; they are no mugs and we look as though we are getting the shape right for the players on the park. Credit were credit is due although it wasn't the best Hibs Celtic game I've seen I take a lot of positives from yesterdays game.

The_Horde
05-04-2010, 01:33 PM
I thought Hibs played well today and we were unlucky not to get anything from the game.

Stack - His kicking needs work - although better than recent matches! 5/10

McCormack - Wasn't bad, tried hard and had a little bit of spark. 6/10

Thicot- Had a good game, would like to see him play more often 7/10

Bamba - I'm not usually a Bamba fan, but played well and kept Keane quiet :) 8/10

Murray - Good performance from Murray - like to see him pushing forward too, great game 8/10

Cregg - Put in a great shift 7/10

Miller - Not up to his normal standards but played well 7/10

Rankin - Impressed as he put in a shift for Hibs, sometimes its not pretty but it done the job 7/10

Nish - Made it difficult but has no first or second touch! Could of been better 6/10

Stokes - Quiet, think he would of put a bit more urgency in after pen 4/10

Riordan - Grafted, tried hard. Unlucky has he had space but no-one was looking for him - 7/10

Benji - Hopeless - should give some other players a chance as they would be fighting for a spot!! 2/10

Galbraith -Not enough time to do much really. 3/10

Bit harsh IMO on Benji, he won us a few free kicks with some nice turns but didn't exactly get the best of service. Very good at finding little gaps.

km2007
05-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Bit harsh IMO on Benji, he won us a few free kicks with some nice turns but didn't exactly get the best of service. Very good at finding little gaps.

Maybe a bit harsh, although whenever he comes in, he doesnt really make a difference, just feel we could be letting some other youngster's have a shot in his place!

paullotion
05-04-2010, 01:59 PM
stack - 5.5 - Distribution a little dodgy at times, looked comfortable apart from that.

It was Stack`s looking good for the camera`s save, that he pushed around for a corner instead of catching, that led to the corner from which they got the penalty.

Toaods
05-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Based on four EUFA qualified managers all having played him in the same position more or less, i'm interested in hearing why you know better than them and what your qualificatios are to make the statement above?

think you'll find that's a coaching licence they have, which does not mean you will be automatically a good manager.

Toaods
05-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Stack - 6 - nothing too bad yesterday.

McCormack - 5 - Another player brought in from the wilderness to play against a difficult opponent. Thought he done fairly well all things considered.

Thicot - 7 - Good performance - settling right in and probably our best passer out of defence.

Bamba - 8 - Much better than recent form, needs to curb his daft tantrums - justified or not.

Murray - 7 - solid as ever. Provides most inspiration currently.

Miller - 5 - what's up here? like all his previous club records has gone off the boil.

Cregg - 6 - Provided some much needed dig in midfield. Rubs Broonie up the wrong way which is good but maybe passes it back a bit too often.

Rankin - 5 - Always up for it against Celtic noticeably, but never really controls.

Nish - 7 - battled very hard and gave as good as he got. Disappointed at him slating Galbraith when Nish himself stumbled and lost control of teh ball.

Stokes - 5 - Lost his edge.

Riordan - 5 - Looks peed off but still our best chance created by himself.

Subs:

Benji - 3 - average

Galbraith - 4 - Not really involved.

Gow - n/a what was the point? Far too late a change to have any worthwhile impact - would rather throw Kurtis Byrne on or one of the young lads who want to make a name for themself.

HibbyKeith
05-04-2010, 03:35 PM

Thicot - 7 - played well

Miller - 4 Lord Lucan

Subs:

Very harsh indeed!

dont know what you expect from a player who is given 12mins to justify his wages.