PDA

View Full Version : Are you still willing to defend Colin Nish... im curious?`

essexhibee
04-04-2010, 03:06 PM
After that performance today are you still willing to defend Nish? Is he not supposed to link-up play and hold it up? Today Nish failed to hold up the ball, didnt link with anyone, missed headers and got himself booked AGAIN. He is 6ft 4 or whatever gigantic size and the man cant win anything in the air. Benji showed more class in the last 5 minutes of the match than nish produced all game. Im sure benji is as curious as i am as to why he is behind Nish in the pecking order?

Or am i missing something? From what I watched today Nish is utter gash and offers nothing?

Hibs90
04-04-2010, 03:07 PM
After that performance today are you still willing to defend Nish? Is he not supposed to link-up play and hold it up? Today Nish failed to hold up the ball, didnt link with anyone, missed headers and got himself booked AGAIN. He is 6ft 4 or whatever gigantic size and the man cant win anything in the air. Benji showed more class in the last 5 minutes of the match than nish produced all game. Im sure benji is as curious as i am as to why he is behind Nish in the pecking order?

Or am i missing something? From what I watched today Nish is utter gash and offers nothing?

No, just because he's tall doesn't mean that's the kind of player he is ffs. Mon the Nish.

I'm_cabbaged
04-04-2010, 03:09 PM

Maybe because when he gets a start he's a work shy lazy bassa, christ even Lennon said Nish was causing them all kinds of problems.:bye:

sleeping giant
04-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Just heard Lennon saying they were struggling to contain Nish in the first half !

KeithTheHibby
04-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Just heard Lennon saying they were struggling to contain Nish in the first half !

Nish had a good first half and overall was decent.

Done more than Stokes did for a start.

lyonhibs
04-04-2010, 03:12 PM
No, just because he's tall doesn't mean that's the kind of player he is ffs. Mon the Nish.

What kind of player is he then??

Enlighten me, because, honestly, I'm struggling.

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Aye he is no Hibs class lol

To be honest, we need better than Nish at Easter Way or is it park

He does run about at times (although tortoise pace), but thats just not enough. He has no class or flair and sometimes he looks like has no got a scooby ( which is nearly always )

Yeah we need to punt him to Dundee or Dunfermline

sleeping giant
Nish had a good first half and overall was decent.

Done more than Stokes did for a start.

Hey , i'm sticking up for Nish.
Just thought i'd let the OP know that Lennon thought he done a job.

I'm also wondering if the OP seen the game :confused:

hibeemad

PISH

Does that help you

sleeping giant
04-04-2010, 03:14 PM

Do you think he was mince today ?

Ritchie
04-04-2010, 03:15 PM

Worst player on the pitch by a country mile. How he gets a game is beyond me.

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 03:17 PM

he wasnt the worst, McCormack was

Liam89
04-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I thought he did brilliantly - winning free kicks and knocking it on.

woodythehibee
04-04-2010, 03:18 PM

nish was one of our better players today along with bamba, thicot and cregg.

dawn
04-04-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm no Nish fan, but I thought he was good today. Used his body size to his advantage, he was putting in more effort than I've seen for a long time.

sleeping giant

Do you suffer from slight exaggeration tendency ?

Miller was far worse than Nish IMO !

crash
Maybe because when he gets a start he's a work shy lazy bassa, christ even Lennon said Nish was causing them all kinds of problems.:bye:

If you're into wrestling/hoofball yes he was causing problems.( You will get plenty clappers coming on with the tired ' he put in a good shift today'.) Football has long since departed ER and wont be returning until players of his ilk have departed.

Reaper

I thought he played okay today. I have to laugh though as no one around me bothered but as soon as Smeltic scored suddenly the fact we were losing became Nish's fault. The Nish slating got tiresome last season for me, he'll never be a Lionel Messi but there's worse than him around that's for sure.

Incidently Liam Miller seems to be another scape goat, a few poor passes today and criticised rightly so, but a few others that were great passes but the players around couldn't read them so Miller still gets slated. Again there's worse than him. One arse behind me today thinks we should sign Scott Severin. OMG.

essexhibee
04-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey , i'm sticking up for Nish.
Just thought i'd let the OP know that Lennon thought he done a job.

I'm also wondering if the OP seen the game :confused:

Yes i was forced to watch that numpty live on sky. Done a job doing what? Backing into the defender and giving a free kick? Failing to link up and knocking it out of play? Back heels to the oppostion? Or maybe the constant floor hugging? Do you honestly think he is good enough for this team. Sod benji being lazy! A lazy benji is far more usefull than that big galute!

Eaststand
04-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I aint a nish fan but I thought he played well in the first half, with a few good knock ons and linked up fairly well.....then he faded a lot in the second half and looked a bit clueless like he does in a lot of games I've seen him play this season.
Stokes didn't perform today either, but on a positive note, Cregg played a good game, and we looked up for the game and showed a lot of fighting spirit. If we show that same spirit in our remaining games, I'll be happy

GGTTH

Hibby 2005
04-04-2010, 03:22 PM
How many goals has Nish scored this season compared with Riordan and Stokes? Presumably his assists record is fantastic?
Yogi should have gone 4-4-2 long ago and put Nish on the bench with Stokes/Riordan up front, Galbraith or Zemmama wide and 3 workers in midfield.

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 03:23 PM
If you're into wrestling/hoofball yes he was causing problems.( You will get plenty clappers coming on with the tired ' he put in a good shift today'.) Football has long since departed ER and wont be returning until players of his ilk have departed.

:top marks

lyonhibs
04-04-2010, 03:23 PM

In the first half, he won a few flick ons to nobody in particular, but in the second half it just descended into farce, with near on every touch being frightful, and his second touch a tackle. He seems to have a awful inner ear issue, because his sense of balance is atrocious. For his yellow card, he won the ball on his chest, all very good so far.

Then he proceeded, for no reason at all from what I could see, to do a impression of a tree falling over in a gale, and sticking his hand into N'Guemo's face for good measure.

Granted, sometimes the grappling he was subjected to from O'Dea/Thompson should have been given as a foul, but the fact that Richmond is an imbecile doesn't - IMO - hide the following:

He's a good Hibby, tries hard etc etc (in so far as one can try hard if you're puggled after 60 minutes) but answer me this.

Is he fast - no
Is he dominating in the air - no
Is he a lethal finisher - no
Does he have the ability to turn a game with 1 moment of genuis - no
Is he a good dribbler - no
Does he have a good 1st touch and technique - no

Those answers are my opinions, not some cast in stone judgement, but if any of the above are wrong, I'd love to hear which one and why I - and a fair few others I suspect - are wrong about Nish.

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Lyonhibs

you have spelt Nish wrong on your avatar

sleeping giant
04-04-2010, 03:29 PM
In the first half, he won a few flick ons to nobody in particular, but in the second half it just descended into farce, with near on every touch being frightful, and his second touch a tackle. He seems to have a awful inner ear issue, because his sense of balance is atrocious. For his yellow card, he won the ball on his chest, all very good so far.

Then he proceeded, for no reason at all from what I could see, to do a impression of a tree falling over in a gale, and sticking his hand into N'Guemo's face for good measure.

Granted, sometimes the grappling he was subjected to from O'Dea/Thompson should have been given as a foul, but the fact that Richmond is an imbecile doesn't - IMO - hide the following:

He's a good Hibby, tries hard etc etc (in so far as one can try hard if you're puggled after 60 minutes) but answer me this.

Is he fast - no
Is he dominating in the air - no
Is he a lethal finisher - no
Does he have the ability to turn a game with 1 moment of genuis - no
Is he a good dribbler - no
Does he have a good 1st touch and technique - no

Those answers are my opinions, not some cast in stone judgement, but if any of the above are wrong, I'd love to hear which one and why I - and a fair few others I suspect - are wrong about Nish.

I'm not saying your opinion of Nish is wrong but there is no way that he was the worst player on the pitch today.
I also dont think its right to pick him out and blame him for us getting beat today (not saying you did).

FFS we showed more bite today than we have in a while and rather than feeling depressed , i'm actually looking forward to the next match.

I think the team played ok today and Nish was part of that team.

Hiber-nation
04-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Lyonhibs

Still here?

sleeping giant
04-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Lyonhibs

Good grief.

You must be a big hit with the ladies :faf:

Ritchie
04-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Do you suffer from slight exaggeration tendency ?

Miller was far worse than Nish IMO !

Nish lost posession More than anyone because of his **** first touch and **** passing.

Waste of a shirt

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Still here?

yeah it looks like you are

sleeping giant
04-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Nish lost posession because of his **** first touch and **** passing.

Waste of a shirt

Who else was a waste of the shirt ? Just Nish ?

woodythehibee
04-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Nish lost posession More than anyone because of his **** first touch and **** passing.

Waste of a shirt

McCormack,Miller, Rankin probably gave it away the same amount of times, if not more times, than Nish...

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm not saying your opinion of Nish is wrong but there is no way that he was the worst player on the pitch today.
I also dont think its right to pick him out and blame him for us getting beat today (not saying you did).

FFS we showed more bite today than we have in a while and rather than feeling depressed , i'm actually looking forward to the next match.

I think the team played ok today and Nish was part of that team.

That says it all then, so he is not fast, he doesnt dominate in the air, he cant finish, he cant dribble and his first touch is shocking. What is he good at.

lyonhibs
04-04-2010, 03:38 PM
McCormack,Miller, Rankin probably gave it away the same amount of times, if not more times, than Nish...

:agree: to an extent.

McCormack in particular was bad in possession, and Miller faded out of the game just when we needed him to come into it and take it by the scruff of the neck. Up until the last 15 minutes, Miller was - IMO - having the best game he's had in a long time.

What really, REALLY got me with Nish wasn't so much his passing but more the fact that he rarely got the chance to get a pass away, because his 1st touch was just SO poor, especially in the second half.

He just looks like he's trying to sprint underwater, all arms and legs waving about the place, making no progress and being constantly off balance.

johnrebus
04-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Aye he is no Hibs class lol

To be honest, we need better than Nish at Easter Way or is it park

He does run about at times (although tortoise pace), but thats just not enough. He has no class or flair and sometimes he looks like has no got a scooby ( which is nearly always )

Yeah we need to punt him to Dundee or Dunfermline

Sniff, sniff......,

:hmmm:

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Sniff, sniff......,

:hmmm:

Take it your struggling for an reasonable answer then

Keith_M
04-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Utter waste of a jersey today, and that from someone who's credited him when he's done well previously. How he stayed on the park so long is a mystery to me. He should have been replaced by Benji for either the start of the 2nd half or with at least half an hour to go.

In saying that, the team didn't play all that badly overall. Certainly plenty of fight about them and some decent passages of play.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-04-2010, 03:57 PM
There was worse than Nish on the park today, Thicot, Miller and McCormack to name three.

Aye he's a bit clumsy sometimes (ok, a lot of the time), but he put the frighteners on the Celtic back four, he dropped deep and on quite a good few occasions he brought other players into the game.

His touch and dink through to Stokes was very well executed.

euro Hibby
04-04-2010, 04:00 PM
good in the first half less so as many others in the second !

I'm_cabbaged
04-04-2010, 04:00 PM
There was worse than Nish on the park today, Thicot, Miller and McCormack to name three.

Aye he's a bit clumsy sometimes (ok, a lot of the time), but he put the frighteners on the Celtic back four, he dropped deep and on quite a good few occasions he brought other players into the game.

His touch and dink through to Stokes was very well executed.

Aye there was worse than Nish, but Thicot?

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Just watchin the Killie game

Lets swap Nish for Kyle, much much better player

Throw in Taoule aswell

Pedantic_Hibee
04-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Aye there was worse than Nish, but Thicot?

:agree:

I've already elaborated on Thicot in another thread a minute or two ago, didn't think he played his usual game today.

johnrebus
04-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Take it your struggling for an reasonable answer then

No, but I know a Yam when I smell one.

:jamboak:

greenlex
04-04-2010, 04:59 PM
With Nish you either get good or shocking there is no inbetween with the big man. He good today. You can tell after his first couple of touches what youa re going to get for the entire game. One real criticism I have of him is he needs to drop his elbows a bit when he challenges. He gets penalised far to often for leading with them. He actually got booked for that today.

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Nish was our best attacking option today..

Scary stuff

BonnieFitbaTeam
04-04-2010, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=lyonhibs;2416417]:agree: to an extent.

McCormack in particular was bad in possession, and Miller faded out of the game just when we needed him to come into it and take it by the scruff of the neck. Up until the last 15 minutes, Miller was - IMO - having the best game he's had in a long time.

You've got to be kidding ?

bighairyfaeleith
04-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah I'd sell him in the summer. The idea of what we want nish to do is right, but he's not the right player to do it.

Lets get o'connor back :wink:

500miles
04-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Nish played well today, in the first half especially. Won plenty of the ball in the air, simple play started some good moves, closed down his man, defended corners, and gave the Celtic backline something to think about. He was given no protection though, and giving him a hard time for his booking shows that some people really are clutching at straws to find faults - it wasn't even a foul, never mind a booking.

In fact the entire team played to a decent standard today, except Riordan, who was anonymous- although even then he nearly came up with a moment of pure magic.

hibeesdude
04-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Never a fan but have to say final straw today for me was him bawling at Galbraith for his (nishs) inability to control a 3 yd pass

crash
04-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Nish played well today, in the first half especially. Won plenty of the ball in the air, simple play started some good moves, closed down his man, defended corners, and gave the Celtic backline something to think about. He was given no protection though, and giving him a hard time for his booking shows that some people really are clutching at straws to find faults - it wasn't even a foul, never mind a booking.

In fact the entire team played to a decent standard today, except Riordan, who was anonymous- although even then he nearly came up with a moment of pure magic.

Every week without fail you come on promoting Nish and slagging Riordan.:yawn:

hibeenicol
04-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Every week without fail you come on promoting Nish and slagging Riordan.:yawn:

Nish had a better game the day than Riordan though. Thought he was the best player on the park in the first half. He never kicked a ball in the second though.

Hiber-nation
04-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Just watchin the Killie game

Lets swap Nish for Kyle, much much better player

Throw in Taoule aswell

Aye, lets. They're only 21 points behind us after all.

Nakedmanoncrack
04-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Nish had a better game the day than Riordan though. Thought he was the best player on the park in the first half. He never kicked a ball in the second though.

:agree:Thought Nish was quite effective in the first half, I don't rate him as a great player but at least he doesn't try to hide, he always keeps trying even when nothing is coming off. The abuse he gets is over the top in my opinion.

hibsbollah
04-04-2010, 06:35 PM

I'll never think Nish is good enough, ive watched him too often. Perhaps as a squad player at best. I'd always have Benji above him in the pecking order.

Saying that, he wasnt as bad today as he can be.

Atalanta
04-04-2010, 06:44 PM
At first I was pleasantly surprised with Nish who had a resonable first half. Unfortunately normal service was resumed as his second half was awful. He should have been hooked long before he was with only 5 minutes to go

hibee_girl
04-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I can't believe the stick Nish gets from some people, he brings a lot to our team and I really like him as a player :agree:

There's no way that Benji should be in the team ahead of him

Nuitdelune
04-04-2010, 06:49 PM
He is no good at the fitba but can be quite good at getting a free kick as long as he does not start arguing!

crash
04-04-2010, 06:57 PM
He is no good at the fitba but can be quite good at getting a free kick as long as he does not start arguing!

Think you will find that for every free kick he gets, he gives away two:doh:

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 07:58 PM

Yes. Nishy put in a bloody good shift today :agree:

HFC 0-7
04-04-2010, 08:13 PM
With Nish you either get good or shocking there is no inbetween with the big man. He good today. You can tell after his first couple of touches what youa re going to get for the entire game. One real criticism I have of him is he needs to drop his elbows a bit when he challenges. He gets penalised far to often for leading with them. He actually got booked for that today.

Completely disagree there! Nish is capable of receiving the ball playing lovely passes to a few of his team mate then firing a rocket into the net, all this in the first few minutes. For the rest of the game he could be on his backside most of the match, miss 10 sitters and get sent off! Nish is the only player at hibs that can be great, rotten, fast, slow, saint and sinner all in the same match.

HFC 0-7
04-04-2010, 08:16 PM
One thing I have noticed about Nish this season was that I thought his fitness had improved a lot, but today he seemed absolutely spent early in the second half. Nish is the strangest player I have ever watched and if he could get his balance sorted he could be quite a good player. When I talk about balance I dont just mean about him falling over all the time, but its his balance that stops him being stronger in the air as he isnt properly set when jumping.

Anto the Hibernian
04-04-2010, 08:38 PM

Yes.

Nish scores enough goals and contributes enough in all round play ( link up & un settling teams ) when selected to warrant a place on our wages in our squad in the SPL. Simple as that mon frier.

If you think otherwise then you are a faceless wonder & i pity you.

The Harp
04-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I like the big man but I didn't think he was good particularly good today. Can't fault him for effort though, just wish he could be fitted wi' stabilisers to stop him from falling on his *rse a' the time. :wink:

Ed De Gramo
04-04-2010, 08:45 PM

good crack?

He set up Stokes twice with good hold up play and cut through the celtic defence in the first half...

gie yerself a shake :bitchy:

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
One thing I have noticed about Nish this season was that I thought his fitness had improved a lot, but today he seemed absolutely spent early in the second half. Nish is the strangest player I have ever watched and if he could get his balance sorted he could be quite a good player. When I talk about balance I dont just mean about him falling over all the time, but its his balance that stops him being stronger in the air as he isnt properly set when jumping.What, like a jelly? :greengrin Nish can be murder but he had a good game today.

magnificent_seven
09-05-2010, 02:13 PM
5 goals in 2 games. Arguably carrying us over the finish line to Europe in the last couple of games.

Gaun Yersel Coco Nish!

Chuckie
09-05-2010, 02:22 PM
5 goals in 2 games. Arguably carrying us over the finish line to Europe in the last couple of games.

Gaun Yersel Coco Nish!

Yogi should hand him a big cigar on full time...

He'll find a packet in Nish's kit bag..