PDA

View Full Version : Thicot and Cregg

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2010, 02:23 PM
The last few games these two have been up there for as Hibs best performers, why the **** are they only getting a run now?

Guys like Hogg, Rankin, Stevenson and McCormack all preferred over them and haven't kicked a ball all season!

Everytime Thicot has played, especially in a central position he's looked very usefull and Cregg will always get stuck in and actually tackle, unlike the other midfield midgets that are normally picked over him!

Hopefully these two will get more games under their belt now and be in contention for next season :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
04-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Thought Thicot was very shaky today.

As for Cregg, he's very combative and gets stuck in but if you ask me he's just a ginger Rankin.

Decent enough players, but not near the quality of player we need to step up a level.

essexhibee
04-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I was very impressed with Thicot played very well today, him and Bamba were solid. As for cregg, he was nothing special but didnt do a lot wrong.

PC Stamp
04-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Cregg looked like the only Hibs player who didn't want to panic and get rid of the ball as soon as he got it. Held it well and more often than not found a team mate even under some tough pressure. Contrast that with others who are more than capable of doing the same but for whom the ball was like a hot tattie.

Not a game we deserved to win but on the other hand not a game we deserved to lose.

Gettin' Auld
04-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Thicot had a fine game.

Cropley10
04-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Thicot? Jeezo - an utter bombscare. Never going to be good enough.

jiggerman
04-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Guys, Thicot was solid today. IMO should not be making way for Hogg after that performance.

He is a footballer too - always looking to play rather than hoof it.

Thicot/Bamba combination worked well.

Cropley10
04-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Lots of folk with a few posts between them all think Thicot's a player:confused:

col02
04-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Only criticism I could level towards Thicot is his relaxed approach at times to the game but given he is young he is one I would be willing to persist with. Cregg I thought played really well too in breaking up play and keeping possession.

Hiber-nation
04-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Guys, Thicot was solid today. IMO should not be making way for Hogg after that performance.

He is a footballer too - always looking to play rather than hoof it.

Thicot/Bamba combination worked well.

Agree, he deserves a chance at centre back - looks as if he'll probably be there for the next few games anyway.

Cregg's ok but if we're going to progress we can't have him and Rankin in the same midfield. Both dig in well but they're too similar.

Hibeescott
04-04-2010, 03:16 PM
After the first 10mins, were he was a bit shaky, Thicot was outstanding today, didnt put one foot wrong all game.

Gettin' Auld
04-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Lots of folk with a few posts between them all think Thicot's a player:confused:
So what? Do you think your view must be the correct one coz you've made more posts here?

sunshine1875
04-04-2010, 03:20 PM

What the hell has that got to do with it? Just because some don't spend all their time on Hibs.net posting idiotic responses doesn't mean they are not entitled to their opinion.

You have your opinion. I have mine and I thought Thicot played well.

Reaper
04-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Thought Thicot was very shaky today.

As for Cregg, he's very combative and gets stuck in but if you ask me he's just a ginger Rankin.

Decent enough players, but not near the quality of player we need to step up a level.

Eh?

Reaper
04-04-2010, 03:24 PM
After the first 10mins, were he was a bit shaky, Thicot was outstanding today, didnt put one foot wrong all game.

:thumbsup:

lyonhibs
04-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Thicot was twice the CB that the confidence shorn Hogg has been of late, and should keep his place for the Hamilton game.

As against Dundee United, Cregg was decent, with more bite in the tackle than we're used to seeing from Rankin/Miller/Stevenson. He also has this nice habit - one from which a lot of our team could learn - on concentrating on getting the ball under control before worrying about what pass to make.

With Rankin and especially Stevenson, I find myself just waiting for them to take an inexplicably rotten touch, but don't find this to be the case with Cregg in possession.

Ritchie
04-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Thicot was MOM in my opinion

Eaststand
04-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I thought both Thicot and Cregg played well
Thicot is getting better as his match fitness improves, and him and Bamba looked to have the middle covered against a pacey soapdodgers forward line

my MOTM was Cregg, cos he covered the midfield really well, was available when a team-mate needed to pass, and he also made some very good tackles and passes....thats all a good midfielder has to do

I hate getting beat, so I'm not going overboard, but there were a lot of good displays out there today, and only an iffy penalty beat us

GGTTH

chasmas
04-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Has Yogi now realised that Thicot is in his right position
Man of the match without question

Pedantic_Hibee
04-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Eh?

I'll explain :greengrin

I always think of him as being composed and articulate with a football, never one to kick and rush if you like (this I think is also the reason why he hardly gets a look in).

Today though I thought he snatched at the ball a lot and was rushed in possession more often than not. He's got composure and an assurance about him there's no doubt about that but at times he let the ball bounce when he shouldn't have, other times he took an extra touch which put him under undue pressure.

I don't think he's the worst player in the world and he's certainly a player I wouldn't mind on the bench as he's pretty versatile but today, just thought he was a little shaky as opposed to when I've seen him before where he is calm and considered on the ball.

euro Hibby
04-04-2010, 04:05 PM
give Thicot a break .........first game for ages in his best position and he did fine. Got a solid performance aslo from Sol. Thicot has better distribution than Hogg.

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2010, 04:14 PM

I've got 3 times the amount of posts than you and I think Thicot is a player so maybe your poor post count suggests you know heehaw :confused:

Thicot is a better option than Hogg or McCormack and Cregg is a better option than Rankin or Stevenson so that to me suggests they deserve a run in the side..

samlawriehfclfc
04-04-2010, 04:20 PM
shut up all yous they 2 were teriblle darren mccormack should have got man of the match i dont know who got it but it should have been dazza!!!:grr::grr:

samlawriehfclfc
04-04-2010, 04:21 PM
give Thicot a break .........first game for ages in his best position and he did fine. Got a solid performance aslo from Sol. Thicot has better distribution than Hogg.
No he didnt he was probably the worst player on the park!!!!:grr::grr::grr:

Cracker
04-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Thicot? Jeezo - an utter bombscare. Never going to be good enough.

:confused:

I'm_cabbaged
04-04-2010, 04:23 PM
shut up all yous they 2 were teriblle darren mccormack should have got man of the match i dont know who got it but it should have been dazza!!!:grr::grr:

No he didnt he was probably the worst player on the park!!!!:grr::grr::grr:

Drugs or very young? :greengrin

BT58
04-04-2010, 04:26 PM
bamba is now out for the next 3 games,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
thicot should be along side murray in the central defence
didnt they play together at swiney last season]
thot the officials were the worst ive ever seen
hb

lyonhibs
04-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Drugs or very young? :greengrin

I can only suggest both, your Honour :greengrin

hibsbollah
04-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Thicot was outstanding today, if he's not in the first choice 11 now I really despair:confused:

Golden Bear
04-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Thicot had a fine game albeit after a shaky start and Cregg was by no means the worst player in the team

With no Reserve league this season, it must be doubly hard for fringe players to come into the first team and perform well. The only way that match fitness can be obtained is of course by playing competitive games and on a regular basis.

I'm really surprised that none of our better journalists have published articles on the effects of not having a Reserve League - both in financial terms and on player resources.

matty_f
04-04-2010, 05:04 PM
I have to say I thought Thicot, Bamba, and Cregg were our best players today. Keane never got a look in against the two centre-halves. They looked very assured there.

Cregg (as has been noted elsewhere) did a power of work, got stuck in and wasn't afraid to get on the ball.

down the slope
04-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I thought Thicot came onto a decent game , i think people forget that it takes a few games to get up to speed for the SPL. Cregg made himself available but was always under pressure from the Celtic midfield but overall i thought he did not bad. I would keep Thicot in the team at the expense of Hoggenbauer any day.

Long suffering
04-04-2010, 07:18 PM

:bye: mccormack and stevenson should be shipped off at the end of the season

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 07:23 PM

I've got more than a few posts under my belt and I thought Thicot did well enough today.

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I have to say I thought Thicot, Bamba, and Cregg were our best players today. Keane never got a look in against the two centre-halves. They looked very assured there.

Cregg (as has been noted elsewhere) did a power of work, got stuck in and wasn't afraid to get on the ball.

Add in Murray and you win first prize :greengrin

lucky
04-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Thicot was decent today and Cregg worked hard but Bamba was MOM followed by Rankin. Now thats something never thought I'd post:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Thought they were both good and a wee bit surprising both havent featured a wee bit more.

WindyMiller
04-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Cregg looked like the only Hibs player who didn't want to panic and get rid of the ball as soon as he got it. Held it well and more often than not found a team mate even under some tough pressure. Contrast that with others who are more than capable of doing the same but for whom the ball was like a hot tattie.

Not a game we deserved to win but on the other hand not a game we deserved to lose.

Correct.

I also thought Thicot played very well, after a stuttering start.
But then I'm a Yam.

hibsbollah
04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Nice to hear Yogi also crediting Thicot; 'my two centre backs Bamba and Thicot, played exceptionally well':thumbsup:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8602807.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8602807.stm)
Well pick them next week then:wink:

WindyMiller
04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I'll explain :greengrin

I always think of him as being composed and articulate with a football, never one to kick and rush if you like (this I think is also the reason why he hardly gets a look in).

Today though I thought he snatched at the ball a lot and was rushed in possession more often than not. He's got composure and an assurance about him there's no doubt about that but at times he let the ball bounce when he shouldn't have, other times he took an extra touch which put him under undue pressure.

I don't think he's the worst player in the world and he's certainly a player I wouldn't mind on the bench as he's pretty versatile but today, just thought he was a little shaky as opposed to when I've seen him before where he is calm and considered on the ball.

Put down the spade and stop digging.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Nice to hear Yogi also crediting Thicot; 'my two centre backs Bamba and Thicot, played exceptionally well':thumbsup:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8602807.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8602807.stm)

Thicot or as Yogi called him Thickot :greengrin

hibsbollah
04-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Thicot or as Yogi called him Thickot :greengrin

I noticed that too:faf:If its good enough for Yogi its good enough for me, its Thickot from now on:thumbsup:

KingFranck
04-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Thicot had a great game today, Bamba was my motm. Rankin had his best game for a long time got stuck in made good passes and got into spaces to receive pass well done John. Cregg had decent match too. All in all better performance from Hibs keep it up lads and try and create some goal chances soon !

Jonnyboy
04-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I noticed that too:faf:If its good enough for Yogi its good enough for me, its Thickot from now on:thumbsup:

:greengrin

Loved his wee dig at Brian McLaughlin too - "asked me a right daft question" :faf:

McLaughlin (raging Jambo) is huge mates with Yogi and although some on here suggested Hughes was rattled by the question (fans criticising blah blah) I reckon what you saw in Yogi's face was anger that his mate would hit him below the belt like that

hibsbollah
04-04-2010, 07:54 PM
:greengrin

Loved his wee dig at Brian McLaughlin too - "asked me a right daft question" :faf:

McLaughlin (raging Jambo) is huge mates with Yogi and although some on here suggested Hughes was rattled by the question (fans criticising blah blah) I reckon what you saw in Yogi's face was anger that his mate would hit him below the belt like that

:agree: Dunderheid eh.

Gettin' Auld
04-04-2010, 07:54 PM

I think Bamba is facing a ban now?

Dunbar Hibee
04-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Thought Cregg was man of the match.

Sir David Gray
04-04-2010, 11:13 PM
I think Bamba is facing a ban now?

He'll be able to play against Hamilton next week but will be suspended for the first three matches after the split.

JimBHibees
05-04-2010, 10:46 AM
He'll be able to play against Hamilton next week but will be suspended for the first three matches after the split.

Would he not be able to play first game after the split if it is a Saturday game as pretty sure the ban only kicks in after 14 days from yesterday. May be wrong.

hibiedude
05-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Thicot was outstanding today, if he's not in the first choice 11 now I really despair:confused:

I have to agree Thicot played very well against celtic and should be given a run n the first 11

in-me-pocket
05-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Agree with the posters who say Thicot, Bamba and Cregg played well but .......
how there is hardly any mention of Ian Murray is incredible.
He was MOM by an absolute country mile.

steakbake
05-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Ian Murray. If he's not captain for next campaign, I'll be very disappointed. He always puts in a shift for the Hibs.

hibiedude
05-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Ian Murray had a superb game as did Bamba that there is no question.

And for the Record Murray should be made captian for next season

PC Stamp
05-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Would he not be able to play first game after the split if it is a Saturday game as pretty sure the ban only kicks in after 14 days from yesterday. May be wrong.

I'd say you are right. :agree:

Green Knight
05-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Thicot was my man of the match. Cregg better than I've seen him before. McCormack was nervous and didn't play well going forward. But he brings some real physical presence to the right back position (ask McGeady!). The problem for so long has been us getting brushed aside by bigger players - as Hogg is - but this defence snuffed out Celtic. You need a blend between skill and power, and I don't think we'd have lost to Ross county if this defence had started. Midfield is still to too small, and Cregg is another midget, but - as already noted - he can at least tackle.

JimBHibees
05-04-2010, 02:40 PM
I'd say you are right. :agree:

Hope it is the derby then assuming St J's dont get that place. A win tonight for the Saints and Gorgie will be in meltdown.

sunshine1875
05-04-2010, 02:50 PM

Funny isn't it how so many at the game, whether they have more than 2,269 posts or not, thought Thicot had a good game.