PDA

View Full Version : Richmond

J-C
04-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Once again another very dodgy referee conspires to make sure the old firm secure the 3 points, 7-8 booking for SFA and Bamba now missing next game when he was outstanding all game.

Hibeebor
04-04-2010, 02:12 PM
I think Bamba's is the one decision you can't relly complain about. Every player and fan knows you're going to get booked for that.

Never the less...... Richmond is still a total clown.

SRHibs
04-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Once again another very dodgy referee conspires to make sure the old firm secure the 3 points, 7-8 booking for SFA and Bamba now missing next game when he was outstanding all game.

He was a bit card happy but that's about it.
Not sure how you came to the conclusion that he conspired to secure the 3 points for Celtic? It was a penalty kick.

J-C
04-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I think Bamba's is the one decision you can't relly complain about. Every player and fan knows you're going to get booked for that.

He bounced the ball in the air, not towards any player or the ref himself, it's called frustration and Richmond should've used a bit more common sense there, that's what makes him a clown.

Sylar
04-04-2010, 02:16 PM

He misses the next THREE games, as he's crossed the 18 point threshold.

He's also a clown, as every player knows you CANNOT do that.

Hibeebor
04-04-2010, 02:18 PM
He bounced the ball in the air, not towards any player or the ref himself, it's called frustration and Richmond should've used a bit more common sense there, that's what makes him a clown.

I agree about him being frustrated, and with good reason, glad he showed a bit of fight and desire. Still always going to get booked.

PaulSmith
04-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Thought ref had a really good game today, close to play tried to play advantage, bookings all meritted. Bamba booking I'm afraid is a booking 100 times out of a 100

J-C
04-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Not sure how you came to the conclusion that he conspired to secure the 3 points for Celtic? It was a penalty kick

Eh! 8 bookings not one bad challenge in the game, dodgy penalty, possibly indirect freekick instead, even tv punters were unsure about it. Stopped play needlessly, missed numerous hand balls, shirt tugs, pushes etc. allowed Celtic players to get away with murder the whole game.:confused:

Sylar
04-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Thought ref had a really good game today, close to play tried to play advantage, bookings all meritted. Bamba booking I'm afraid is a booking 100 times out of a 100

:faf:

Hibeebor
04-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Nish deserved his booking? There were a lot of dubious decisions.

PaulSmith
04-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Nish deserved his booking? There were a lot of dubious decisions.

Taken into account it was his fourth or fifth offence of the game then yes

hibiedude
04-04-2010, 02:30 PM

The ref was poor today and it has nothing to do with us losing sometimes common sense should be used by the Ref and bamba's booking was one of those occasions

SRHibs
04-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Eh! 8 bookings not one bad challenge in the game, dodgy penalty, possibly indirect freekick instead, even tv punters were unsure about it. Stopped play needlessly, missed numerous hand balls, shirt tugs, pushes etc. allowed Celtic players to get away with murder the whole game.:confused:

What about Nish winning a free kick in almost every 50-50 with Darren O'dea?
The only important missed handball was Ian Murray's which should've resulted in a Celtic penalty.
Was only 5 yellows for us, to their 3.

The refereeing was bad for both teams...

bubblesmorrison
04-04-2010, 02:41 PM

bamba was annoyed because it was never a free kick against him

Hibeebor
04-04-2010, 02:43 PM
bamba was annoyed because it was never a free kick against him

That doesn't really matter, what happened after will always result in a booking. :confused:

bubblesmorrison
04-04-2010, 02:52 PM
yeh i know mate but if the ref had of got it right in the first place bamba would not have reacted

yekimevol
04-04-2010, 02:58 PM
richmond was an arse to day the sol challange was a fair one, his reaction was justified, fair enough you cant do it but the refs in the country need to take a good look at them selfs :grr::grr:

AJWisme
04-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Not sure how you came to the conclusion that he conspired to secure the 3 points for Celtic? It was a penalty kick.

I'd like to know for definite if it really should have been. By all accounts as far as I'm aware, a high foot is an indirect free kick.

J-C
04-04-2010, 03:05 PM
I'd like to know for definite if it really should have been. By all accounts as far as I'm aware, a high foot is an indirect free kick.

Unlike a direct free kick, an offence punishable by an indirect free kick does not result in a penalty kick (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Penalty_kick_(football)) when it occurs in the penalty area (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Penalty_area_(football)), rather it continues to be taken as an indirect free kick.[ (http://www.hibs.net/message/#cite_note-bbc1-0)

:wink:

essexhibee
04-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Were celtic playing rugby today? How that numpty Richmond missed all those handballs i will never know?! Utter farce :grr:

SRHibs
04-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Ye, I'm wrong. Should've been an indirect freekick.

For example, a player raising his foot high into the air to kick the ball, could be deemed to have committed:
(a) no foul: if there where no opponents nearby.
(b) an indirect free kick offence (plays in a dangerous manner): if it was done accidentally, or the proximity of the opponent was unknown.
(c) a direct free kick offence (kicks or attempts to kick an opponent): if a player purposefully aimed his high boot towards the face of an opponent.

Ryan91
04-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Having seen the incident on TV it was not option C, Stokes was merely challenging for the ball which he doesn't make contact with, he hits McGeady, but even then it is an unintentional kick, however McGeady being the wee fanny he is goes down like he's been shot, Richmond was conned there. Surprised he didn't actually send a Hibs player off, he was itching to give them something though, Robbie Keane is nothing special, if it wasn't for the Penalty he would have not scored, if Celtic would have you believe he is a world class footballer, yet he still struggles against a team like Hibs. Richmond has and always will be a complete arse.

woody47
04-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Richmond = :asshole: Always will be. Absolutely detest this piece of slime. I have cleaned better of my shoes.

mikethehibee69
04-04-2010, 04:30 PM
:top marks
:faf:

mikethehibee69
04-04-2010, 04:32 PM
:grr::bye:trumpet:wink:

Wotherspiniesta
04-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Sweet lord!

What game were you watching?
Tried to play advantage? Emm when? I remember 3 times he could have let play go but decided to bring it back for a Free Kick.

The blatant handball by Samaras.
The handball by Murray.
The tug on Murray inside the box.
The corner kick when Brown booted it out.

That's just off the top of my head.

matty_f
04-04-2010, 05:08 PM
I thought Richmond was bordering on the criminal today. He's one ref who almost without fail makes himself the centre of attention in matches.

greenlex
04-04-2010, 05:10 PM
If Bamba had to be booked for dissent then Keane should have been similarly booked later in the game.
Richmond got most of the decisions right that he called but he missed a few too.
He is a tit to be fair. What the **** was that ten minute pose all about when he awarded Celtic a goal kick late in the second half. I thought he had had a stroke and couldnt move or been turned to stone after looking a Samaras' hair.:confused:

fishybeaver
04-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Dunno if Nish has pumped Richmond's ma or somethink....the amout of time he got fouled against was unbelevable!!

Richmond ruined what could have been a cracking game..instead we get a game dominated by this clown. Hugh Dallas as a hell of a lot to answer for, the standard of the ref's this season has been umbeleivable amature!!:grr:

Atalanta
04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Throughout the season we have seen refs regularly get a fair number of decisions wrong but in the main they don't seem to be favouring one team more than the other.

Today was different however. From the first minute to the last Richmond appeared to be applying different standards over what constituted fouls and what merited a booking. Time after time a foul by Celtic would result in the ref waving play on whereas any contact by a Hibs player automatically resulted in a free kick to Celtic. I have no doubt that had the penalty incident happened in the Celtic box it would have resulted in no action being taken. This was confirmed when not long after the penalty one of the Celtic defenders caught Stokes on the head with his boot as Stokes tried to head the ball. The parallel with the penalty incident was uncanny. Amazinglyy he waved play on again. If ever one incident summed up the double standards being applied it was that moment.

It is easy to feel disillusioned after watching that refereeing performance.

Hugh Dallas recently admitted that this season has not been a good one for his referees. Today simply beggars belief.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Were celtic playing rugby today? How that numpty Richmond missed all those handballs i will never know?! Utter farce :grr:

As another poster has pointed out, Richmond was very close to the play today and therefore he had to depend on his linos to make calls and help him. Both were asleep and had very poor games and that surely will not go un-noticed by the assessors. Richmond's stock in trade is to make himself the centre of things but as with the ref midweek, us winning or losing was not down to him.

Bayern Bru
04-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Richmond is an absolute welt.

All the über-camp poses and theatrical flourishings of the yellow card, combined with some utterly bizarre and downright questionable decisions made for a horrendous performance from the 'referee.'

He was a total erse to both sides to be fair, but after the farce that was Wednesday night's referee, today felt like salt in the wound for the Hibees.

I don't enjoy moaning about the inadequacies of referees, and I try to give them credit where it's due, but Richmond is just a self-important fud.

hibs7062footbal
04-04-2010, 07:23 PM
richmond.... its all about me ... joke

bazmcm
04-04-2010, 07:56 PM
richmond.... its all about me ... joke

Wasn't just Richmond, thought the west stand linesman had a shocker...2 blatant handballs right in front of him and he never seen them even though the hole of the west did, also thought celtic got every decision for the first 20 mins of the second half.

frazeHFC
04-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Officials were shocking today, never seen a worse performance by officials.

Brown sliced a cross, linesman flags for a goal kick then changes his mind and gives a corner :confused:

Nish gets fouled, i was shouting at the ref for not giving us the advantage, then he gives the free-kick to celtic :confused:

Rankin makes a tackle, he clearly gets the ball, doesn't even touch the Celtic player and the ref gives them a free-kick :confused:

The ref had no clue what he was doing but certainly took pleasure and didn't even need to think about awarding Celtic a penalty :grr:

hibernator
04-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Taken into account it was his fourth or fifth offence of the game then yes
Fair enough if it had been a foul, I thought he had blown for a foul on Nish, even the commentators before and after replay where incredulous at that one :grr:

hibernator
04-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Officials were shocking today, never seen a worse performance by officials.

Brown sliced a cross, linesman flags for a goal kick then changes his mind and gives a corner :confused: as replays confirmed on Sky

Nish gets fouled, i was shouting at the ref for not giving us the advantage, then he gives the free-kick to celtic :confused: as replays confirmed on Sky

Rankin makes a tackle, he clearly gets the ball, doesn't even touch the Celtic player and the ref gives them a free-kick :confused: as replays confirmed on Sky

The ref had no clue what he was doing but certainly took pleasure and didn't even need to think about awarding Celtic a penalty :grr:

how many times did he allow play to continue for "Advantage" for them while practically standing on the ball allowing them to regroup denying our Advantage :rules:

marinello59
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM

Richmond conspired with nobody, he is just incredibly incompetent. To suggest otherwise means he cheated and if we really believe that our refs are corrupt it is time to pack it all in and go and watch kids football.

I really can't understand why is still getting SPL games. He performs badly game after game after game. His flamboyant flourishing of cards suggests that he seems to think he is part of the show. He ain't a cheat though.

lyonhibs
05-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Richmond conspired with nobody, he is just incredibly incompetent. To suggest otherwise means he cheated and if we really believe that our refs are corrupt it is time to pack it all in and go and watch kids football.

I really can't understand why is still getting SPL games. He performs badly game after game after game. His flamboyant flourishing of cards suggests that he seems to think he is part of the show. He ain't a cheat though.

:agree: :agree:

He's far too stupid and self involved to be as knieving as to actually cheat.

He's just *****ing *****e at his job.

Like really, really bad. And loves the attention far too much to ever admit a mistake.

You just know - as do supporters of any team - that you're entering a lottery with Richmond, and one in which he will do his damndest to take centre stage. :grr: :grr:

Hermit Crab
05-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Richmond = :asshole: Always will be. Absolutely detest this piece of slime. I have cleaned better of my shoes.

Thats a really nice thing to say. Im sure Richmond would be delighted at seeing your post.

Saorsa
05-04-2010, 10:22 AM

I really can't understand why is still getting SPL games. He performs badly game after game after game. His flamboyant flourishing of cards suggests that he seems to think he is part of the show. He ain't a cheat though.It's just that he was more incompetent against Hibs.

jae
05-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Thats a really nice thing to say. Im sure Richmond would be delighted at seeing your post.

Being that he loves to be the centre of attention I would imagine He's been on here and Kerrydale street to see what we've been saying.:grr::grr::asshole:

:asshole: aimed at Richmond by the way not you :wink:

JimBHibees
05-04-2010, 10:32 AM

I think that is the cop out line that refs have used for years. I am never convinced that diddy teams get the same decisions as the OF, yesterday showed it IMO, Hibs would never have got the high feet penalty at the other end. Bamba's perfect tackle on Keane was a joke. I am convinced he is completely unfit and incapable of getting round the pitch the amount of times he stops the game beggars belief. A complete incompetent with an appalling attitude and he doesnt get any better.

A bit galling to see Callum Murray as the 4th official who is about 10 times the ref Richmond is yet as per usual we get the same small group of West coast refs for all our big games. Serious question when have we last had Dougie McDonald.

KerPlunk
05-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I think that is the cop out line that refs have used for years. I am never convinced that diddy teams get the same decisions as the OF, yesterday showed it IMO, Hibs would never have got the high feet penalty at the other end. Bamba's perfect tackle on Keane was a joke. I am convinced he is completely unfit and incapable of getting round the pitch the amount of times he stops the game beggars belief. A complete incompetent with an appalling attitude and he doesnt get any better.

A bit galling to see Callum Murray as the 4th official who is about 10 times the ref Richmond is yet as per usual we get the same small group of West coast refs for all our big games. Serious question when have we last had Dougie McDonald.

Oh well, seeing as you ask...:rolleyes:..since season 2006/07.......

Dougie MacDonald

19-08-2006 v. Motherwell
18-03-2007 v. Kilmarnock (Cup Final)
11-05-2008 v. Celtc
20-09-2008 v. Hamilton
30-08-2009 v. Celtc
19-12-2009 v. Aberdeen

Charlie Richmond

26-08-2006 v. Celtc
15-10-2006 v. Yams
16-12-2006 v. Falkirk
15-01-2007 v. Kilmarnock
04-03-2007 v. Huns
28-04-2007 v. Huns
20-10-2007 v. M'well
04-11-2007 v. Yams
29-12-2007 v. Huns
17-02-2008 v. Aberdeen
15-03-2008 v. Kilmarnock
22-05-2008 v. M'well
22-11-2008 v. M'well
14-03-2009 v. Yams
22-09-2009 v. St. Johnstone (LC)
24-10-2009 v. Huns
03-01-2010 v. Yams
04-04-2010 v. Celtc

Hmmmmm........:confused:

RickyS
05-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I thought Richmond was bordering on the criminal today. He's one ref who almost without fail makes himself the centre of attention in matches.

have posted this before, but the inept clown is also a Yam, who used to travel on the Rainbow bus in Drum Brae.

JackRegan
06-04-2010, 07:34 AM
while I dobn't think Richmond had that good a game - he was card happy. It's only fair to point out the twoother good penalty shouts Celtic had, such as the handball in the first half and Fortune being pushed to teh ground in the second.

Poor game, IMO.

I'm_cabbaged
06-04-2010, 07:44 AM
while I dobn't think Richmond had that good a game - he was card happy. It's only fair to point out the twoother good penalty shouts Celtic had, such as the handball in the first half and Fortune being pushed to teh ground in the second.

Poor game, IMO.

What about Nish getting held while jumping, Murray getting pulled back and Stokes getting pushed to the ground?
You got the softest of the six claims.

JackRegan
06-04-2010, 07:46 AM
What about Nish getting held while jumping, Murray getting pulled back and Stokes getting pushed to the ground?
You got the softest of the six claims.

Don't remember the Nish one. the other two, well I've seen them given, but IMO they were pretty sopft as well.

The hand ball in the first half, was the most clear cut. I think Richmond knew he got that wrong, ergo the soft award in the 2nd half.

J-C
06-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Don't remember the Nish one. the other two, well I've seen them given, but IMO they were pretty sopft as well.

The hand ball in the first half, was the most clear cut. I think Richmond knew he got that wrong, ergo the soft award in the 2nd half.

Thing is Jack, you can't go around giving soft penalties just to make up for your shortcomings,his whole handling of the game was inept and from my point of view very biased towards Celtic, if this was yourselves, you'd be crying conspiracies etc. :wink:

JackRegan
06-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Thing is Jack, you can't go around giving soft penalties just to make up for your shortcomings,his whole handling of the game was inept and from my point of view very biased towards Celtic, if this was yourselves, you'd be crying conspiracies etc. :wink:

He had a bad game and missed two clearer penalties for Celtic, who I thought in the 2nd half were the better side.

seriously, for me teh game was such a non event that I find it hard to muster the enthusiasm to comment on it.

PeterboroHibee
06-04-2010, 08:25 AM
The ref was very poor for both sides.

Wasnt a penalty for me, Stokes doesnt even know McGeady is there, he runs into him as hes going to clear the ball, whats he meant to do (dont agree with the whole high feet argument in this case)? To then keep consistancy, he lets O'Dea get away with the exact same thing up the pitch against Stokes, unbelievable.

As for Bamba, such a stupid thing to do, get so annoyed when he does that (as its far from the first time hes been booked for dissent) as you know its going to come back to haunt you picking up loads of unneccessary bookings.

J-C
06-04-2010, 08:28 AM
The ref was very poor for both sides.

Wasnt a penalty for me, Stokes doesnt even know McGeady is there, he runs into him as hes going to clear the ball, whats he meant to do (dont agree with the whole high feet argument in this case)? To then keep consistancy, he lets O'Dea get away with the exact same thing up the pitch against Stokes, unbelievable.

As for Bamba, such a stupid thing to do, get so annoyed when he does that (as its far from the first time hes been booked for dissent) as you know its going to come back to haunt you picking up loads of unneccessary bookings.

Sshh! don't tell PaulSmith this. :wink:

ahibby
06-04-2010, 08:39 AM
After McGeady heads the ball a Celtic player takes a shot and misses, so Richmond awards a penalty. Says it all. Maybe we were lucky to get away with the Murray hand ball and keeping him on the pitch but that isn't really the point. The point is it shouldn't have been a penalty against Stokes, he had no idea McGeady was going to jump in between him and the ball.

hibbymac
06-04-2010, 10:06 AM

It should have been a Free kick on the edge of the box.