PDA

View Full Version : Bamba

Liam89
04-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Just have to say whilst there is still 5 minutes of the game left, Bamba was outstanding, didn't put a foot wrong all day and he was back to his old self.
:top marks

bob12345
04-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Agreed. Will be missed during his ban.

SalfordHibs
04-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Just have to say whilst there is still 5 minutes of the game left, Bamba was outstanding, didn't put a foot wrong all day and he was back to his old self.

Heading for a 3 game ban we will miss him badly :boo hoo:

Hibeebor
04-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Fantastic game, silly booking.

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2010, 02:18 PM
He's excellent..

Said from very early on in his Hibs career that he'd go on to BIG things!

Much better today without that liability Hogg next to him..

Defo will be playing in the EPL next year :boo hoo:

Liam89
04-04-2010, 02:21 PM
He's excellent..

Yep, Hoggs captaincy should be stripped and given to Murray at the end of the season.

Bob Box Fish
04-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Billy big time will be trying to sell himself with the cameras being here.

CallumLaidlaw
04-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Billy big time will be trying to sell himself with the cameras being here.

Funny that, he was excellent on Wednesday too. That must be for the masses that watch BBC alba

Pedantic_Hibee
04-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Sol Bamba; absolutely f*****g imperious today.

I await Oscar Lomax's tuppence worth, he'll surely have picked up on a major mistake that Bamba's made today which will be the defining reason that he won't play at a higher level.....like Bamba taking to the field wearing a polo neck under his Hibs strip, y'know, major sh*t. Or in other words, anything he can think of to undermine our most valuable player.

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Sol Bamba ploughed Oscar Lomax's bird/wife/ma/da..

FACT

Pedantic_Hibee
04-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Sol Bamba ploughed Oscar Lomax

FACT

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2010, 02:35 PM
He will be sorely missed when he leaves, the thought of any combination of what we have left, fills me with fear. Yogi has his work cut out replacing the big man.:boo hoo:

CapitalHibs
04-04-2010, 02:39 PM
He will be sorely missed when he leaves, the thought of any combination of what we have left, fills me with fear. Yogi has his work cut out replacing the big man.:boo hoo:

Hanlon? Thicot? Moyes? Russell Anderson?:devil:...

Bob Malcolm?:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Hanlon? Thicot? Moyes? Russell Anderson?:devil:...

Bob Malcolm?:greengrin

down-the-slope
04-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Bamba was much much better today.

However to say he was imperious :confused: He has Rankin to thank for clearing certain goal chance when he failed to communicate. Also last 15 mins he had 3 occasions when he won great challenges and then had a Beckenbauer thought dribbling out and losing it....

Was starting to wonder if he would get back to best, but that was encouraging.

Top marks to Thicot as well who read the play well and made great challenges. Even recovered well when making a couple of initial errors.

Keane was probably glad to be subbed as these 2 were taking the lillian out of him

fife hfc
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
bamba was excellent today and I believe we will struggle to replace him. wait until next season when the "we haven't replaced Bamba" threads begin and he is finally appreciated for what he brings to the team.

YetholmHibee
05-04-2010, 12:11 AM
I have been vocal of Bamba's poor performances since Rangers (xmas) game but I have to say Bamba played great today. MOTM.

IMHO His best game this year.

Hope he has turned the corner & keeps it up.

Stupid & costly booking though.

Wotherspiniesta
05-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Bamba was immense yesterday.

Back to his early season form.

We're going to miss him massively when he moves.:boo hoo:

Oscar Lomax
05-04-2010, 04:46 AM
He's excellent..

:faf:

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 08:45 AM
:faf:

Its you Macar isn't it?

Oscar Lomax
05-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Its you Macar isn't it?

????

Obviously there are loads on here who will disagree with me about big Bamba. I just cant see the player people on here go on about.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 08:57 AM
????

Obviously there are loads on here who will disagree with me about big Bamba.]I just cant see the player people on here go on about.

So it is Macar, that explains a lot.

Hibby Bairn
05-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Kind of agree with you. But then I watch some of the defensive dross in the EPL and it all makes sense.

Just take a look at any of the following. Wigan, Burnley, Hull, Newcastle, West Ham, Bolton, Blackburn. You might even add Liverpool to that list.

H18sry
05-04-2010, 09:04 AM

We never seemed to miss him when he was away at the ACN in January? including a 5-1 v Hamiton and a 2-1 at darkheed :dummytit:

seanraff07
05-04-2010, 09:05 AM
We never seemed to miss him when he was away at the ACN in January? including a 5-1 v Hamiton and a 2-1 at darkheed :dummytit:

True, i think he's went through a sticky patch since returning but is hopefully back to form now.

MussyHibby
05-04-2010, 09:10 AM
????

Obviously there are loads on here who will disagree with me about big Bamba. I just cant see the player people on here go on about.

Obviously reflective of your avatar then eh? :greengrin

The big man is an outstanding player. Yes, his booking yesterday was silly but what I saw yesterday was a player who was passionate about Hibs. :agree:

If he was playing to the cameras as some allege, do you really think he would stage manage that sort of petulance in front of the eyes of the world and in particular SGE. :bitchy: I see him giving 100% each week. :agree:

MussyHibby
05-04-2010, 09:11 AM

Who's to say it wouldn't have been 5-0 or 2-0 or better if Bamba was playing?

H18sry
06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Who's to say it wouldn't have been 5-0 or 2-0 or better if Bamba was playing?

or 5-5 or 2-2 who knows :wink: but what I do know is we never missed him when he was away :bye:

Oscar Lomax
06-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Sol Bamba; absolutely f*****g imperious today.

I await Oscar Lomax's tuppence worth, he'll surely have picked up on a major mistake that Bamba's made today which will be the defining reason that he won't play at a higher level.....like Bamba taking to the field wearing a polo neck under his Hibs strip, y'know, major sh*t. Or in other words, anything he can think of to undermine our most valuable player.

Ha ha.....sorry I missed your comment's guy's :wink: class :greengrin

Let me be very late in saying Bamba was immense on Sunday. I enjoyed watching him and I wear an Under Armour top whilst golfing so the polo neck was fine !!
I just wish he could have produced this form over the last few games. We needed a performance like that against Hearts, Ross County and Dundee Utd but in my opinion he was missing.

Ill be the first to congratulate you guy's if he does go down to an EPL team and GET A GAME !

judas
06-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Pity he is leaving for in excess of £1.5m in the summer.

Take my word for it.

Oscar Lomax
06-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Pity he is leaving for in excess of £1.5m in the summer.

Take my word for it.

Oh well if they can get that sort off money for him, brilliant.

Wotherspiniesta
06-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Oh well if they can get that sort off money for him, brilliant.

Surely you mean "We"? :bye:

sixtwo
06-04-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm a big fan of Bamba but I am aware of his failings. For every great game he has played for us, he has had a stinker (there has been a few games where he was just ok:wink:). He was great before he went to the ANC but he seemed dissinterested on his return.
I agree he had a good game at the weekend. I agree he could move onto better things. I'd just like to see him sort himself out at hibs first. I hope he gets MoM in his next few games for us as I fear they maybe his last.

When you look at Liverpool and see that they are playing kyrigakos (sp) and burnley and wigan with the teriible caldwell bros, there is no reason why Sol could not go there and prove himself. He is an established international for a country that can boast better players than the countries of the aforementioned players.

Oscar Lomax
07-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Surely you mean "We"? :bye:

Huh! I thought on this board it was considered arrogant and aloof to use the 'we' about us?:bitchy: