PDA

View Full Version : How many different right backs have played this season?

hibsbollah
04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Hogg, Bamba, McCormack, Wotherspoon, McCann, Thicot...

6 at last count?
and only McCann is a 'proper' right back. Should be Yogis priority in the summer.

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2010, 02:29 PM
1. Van Gantin

The rest have been centre halfs or midfielders all played out of position..

:doh:

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 02:36 PM
we have had a few but no doubt McCormack is on a par with Van whats his face. Stinking game for a stinking player

bubblesmorrison
04-04-2010, 02:49 PM
we have had a few but no doubt McCormack is on a par with Van whats his face. Stinking game for a stinking player

are you saying mccormacks as bad a dvz? if so i would say away you go and flush your head doon the pan or is this callum elliot? :greengrin

Alex Trager
04-04-2010, 02:51 PM
You've got to be having a laugh, how can you expect him to be drafted into the team and play outstanding, the boy had a good game the day

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 02:54 PM
are you saying mccormacks as bad a dvz? if so i would say away you go and flush your head doon the pan or is this callum elliot? :greengrin

He is absolute pants and not any better than DVZ

Well thats what i think, if thats ok

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 02:55 PM
You've got to be having a laugh, how can you expect him to be drafted into the team and play outstanding, the boy had a good game the day

Stop drinking now

bubblesmorrison
04-04-2010, 02:59 PM

Well thats what i think, if thats ok

you can think and say what you want but i think alot of people on here will tell you thats your wrong i think he had a really decent game today delt with the plastic paddy really well when he switched to the left and has played pritty well most other times ive seen him. you have got to mind hes not a right back dvz was but i still think mccormacks a better player and probley a better right back than him.

hibeemad
04-04-2010, 03:02 PM
opinions eh

hibsbollah
04-04-2010, 04:44 PM
In fact did Murray not play right back as well once this season?

.Sean.
04-04-2010, 04:50 PM
The clever thing would've been to sign a right-back, however for reasons still unknown to us, we brought in another goalie who hasn't been near the first team. Mark Brown may be an able keeper, but he's a waste of a wage. With the money he'll be on we could certainly have brought in a good right back.

greenlex
04-04-2010, 04:54 PM
The clever thing would've been to sign a right-back, however for reasons still unknown to us, we brought in another goalie who hasn't been near the first team. Mark Brown may be an able keeper, but he's a waste of a wage. With the money he'll be on we could certainly have brought in a good right back.
Who did you fancy in January on our wages then?

.Sean.
04-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Who did you fancy in January on our wages then?
That's not really my decision is it? Nope, it's up to our management team to find a suitable player for the position. Instead of signing the much needed right-back, Hughes goes out and signs a goalkeeper who can't even get a place on our bench. He could certainly have signed a good right-back who would be after the same sort of wage as Mark Brown.

Speedy
04-04-2010, 05:15 PM
That's not really my decision is it? Nope, it's up to our management team to find a suitable player for the position. Instead of signing the much needed right-back, Hughes goes out and signs a goalkeeper who can't even get a place on our bench. He could certainly have signed a good right-back who would be after the same sort of wage as Mark Brown.

Not sure you can say that without even having any suggestions.

I'm sure they looked for someone but I'd assume there was nobody available.

.Sean.
04-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Not sure you can say that without even having any suggestions.

I'm sure they looked for someone but I'd assume there was nobody available.
Surely our manager who will most likely have contacts the length and breadth of Britain could've found a right-back?

mikethehibee69
04-04-2010, 05:24 PM

Well thats what i think, if thats ok I felt Mccormack was ok today, he is playing with no confidence but to compare him to DVZ is dodgy remember he is good with his head:wink::greengrinjust ask Yam ELLIOT:faf:

lyonhibs
04-04-2010, 05:27 PM
1. Van Gantin

The rest have been centre halfs or midfielders all played out of position..

:doh:

:agree: :agree:

David van Zanten is the only player whose 1st choice position is RB to have played right back this season for Hibs.

Since he left for the heady climbs of Auchtermuchtie FC (or whoever) we've not had a right back playing there, and it's coming back to bite us now.

Speedy
04-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Surely our manager who will most likely have contacts the length and breadth of Britain could've found a right-back?

Probably. A better right back than we have, it doesn't seem so.

hibsbollah
04-04-2010, 05:38 PM
:agree: :agree:

David van Zanten is the only player whose 1st choice position is RB to have played right back this season for Hibs.

Since he left for the heady climbs of Auchtermuchtie FC (or whoever) we've not had a right back playing there, and it's coming back to bite us now.

McCanns natural position is also RB, and he played the opening game IIRC. Just pedantry though, the point is still valid; we've had something like 7 players playing RB, most of them played out of position. Not good.

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Who were you thinking of?

What's Mark Brown on, incidentally?

Cod Boy
04-04-2010, 06:44 PM
In fact did Murray not play right back as well once this season?

yes in 2 nil defeat at hamilton

greenlex
04-04-2010, 06:49 PM

At the time of signing Brown we had Maka in goals who Hughes doesnt rate.Stack who looked long term injured Flynn who was nowhere near ready and Smith who was signed a matter of weeks earlier. The top 2 with Sack looking like he was gonna be out a while and only contracted till the season end I can see where Yogi was going with that.
We had Wotherspoon at right back who was doing ok but potential for burn out. McCormack and Thicot for cover and McCann nearly recovered from long term injury. Unless a really good Right back was available at our budget I can see why an average one was not signed. No point in signing one just for the sake of it IMO.