PDA

View Full Version : NHC Burnley

I'm_cabbaged
03-04-2010, 05:12 PM
How sheite are they, but their fans are barry. Now that's what I call uber fans, East Standers couldnae lace their boots. :agree:

"4-0 and you'll still not sing" :greengrin

Sir David Gray
03-04-2010, 05:17 PM
5-0 before half time! :bitchy:

PISTOL1875

Gee whiz....

Westie1875
0-5 and its only just about halftime, they are shocking.

Barney McGrew
03-04-2010, 05:19 PM

Anyone else remember any games in the past when the away team were five up after the first 45? :hmmm:

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
03-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Anyone else remember any games in the past when the away team were five up after the first 45? :hmmm:

A bit before my time but I'm sure someone could dig out a wee video from somewhere just to remind me! :wink:

SidBurns
03-04-2010, 05:22 PM
If Bolton stay up, Fletcher will be away to them.

Murder though eh!?! I reckon it'll finish 3-6 though!

LamontHFC©
03-04-2010, 05:25 PM
If Bolton stay up, Fletcher will be away to them.

Murder though eh!?! I reckon it'll finish 3-6 though!

Nae dang..

1-8 I think.

I'm_cabbaged
03-04-2010, 05:37 PM
It looks like it might get abandoned, that would be as funny as. :greengrin

Cod Boy
03-04-2010, 05:48 PM
:agree:

Sir David Gray
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
6-0

MWHIBBIES
03-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Its Brian Laws not the team.

easty
03-04-2010, 05:57 PM

I disagree.....I'm waiting for them for my bet!

Abandoned why exactly?

Gettin' Auld
03-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Goal Fletch.

God Petrie
03-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Feel sorry for Burnley. Done over by twat Owen Coyle

Hibercelona
03-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Mon the Fletch.

Bag yourself a double hattrick son! :greengrin

BoltonHibee
03-04-2010, 06:06 PM

In what way were they done over?

Westie1875
03-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Fletch won't be at Burnley next season IMO.

Dunbar Hibee
03-04-2010, 06:08 PM

:agree:

easty
03-04-2010, 06:10 PM
In what way were they done over?

in no way at all....Coyle took Burnley as far as they were ever going to go. Bolton is a bigger job and he made the right decision to go there.

BoltonHibee
03-04-2010, 06:14 PM
in no way at all....Coyle took Burnley as far as they were ever going to go. Bolton is a bigger job and he made the right decision to go there.

Yip

He took them from the Championship to the EPL in a relatively short space of time.

He was the lowest paid manager in the EPL

Burnley made their intentions clear that there was going to be little investment in the team (which is understandable) during their stay in the EPL.

The way Coyle went about the switch ensured Burnley received compensation too.

So I fail to understand how he done them over.

Dunbar Hibee
03-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Yip

He took them from the Championship to the EPL in a relatively short space of time.

Burnley made their intentions clear that there was going to be little investment in the team (which is understandable) during their stay in the EPL.

If he stayed Burnley would have stayed up. Simples.

Cod Boy
03-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Fletch won't be at Burnley next season IMO.

real madrid:greengrin

Hibercelona
03-04-2010, 06:18 PM

Maybe. But they wouldn't have progressed any further.

If you were offered a better job than the one you have with a higher salary, wouldn't you take it?

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Fletcher MOM. :faf::faf:

Lofarl
03-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Really did he get MOTM?

PISTOL1875

The ref should've got it for letting the game finish...

Hibercelona

Ripped them apart time and time again. :greengrin

PISTOL1875
03-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Ripped them apart time and time again. :greengrin

Thats what City's forward line done to Burnley's defence in the first half...

H18sry
03-04-2010, 06:25 PM

And your not old enough to remember the one I was at :devil:

easty
03-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Maybe. But they wouldn't have progressed any further.

If you were offered a better job than the one you have with a higher salary, wouldn't you take it?

Yeah maybe, but only maybe...

Not a dissimilar move from Hughes coming to Hibs, they were both at teams that werent going to get any better than they are and they both have history with the team they moved to.

jdships
03-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Yip

That is as near the truth as is - as they say !!
I was told there was no money available for the first season as there was a problem with funding any increase of debt.
You could say that Coyle " jumped ship" but really , opportunities in football management have to be taken when they come along .
As Joe Mercer said " A football club manager is only as good as his last result and on that he is judged !!"

BoltonHibee
03-04-2010, 06:47 PM

Not a chance were Burnley ever going to stay in the EPL this season.

You cannot have a squad with the players they have at their disposal and stay in that league. Burnley would have had to invest significantly to have any chance of staying up, the chairman made his intentions quite clear on promotion to the EPL.

They will make a significant amount of money of their 1 season stint, that will suffice for their chairman.

I think most people understood what the Burnley aim was, OC certainly did.

Hibstrooper
03-04-2010, 06:49 PM
It's great to see Fletcher do well. Does anyone know anymore about the clauses in the deal - according to this article we could be looking at another 600k, that would be most welcome!

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Fletcher-looks-to-be-leaving.5412924.jp

Beefster
03-04-2010, 06:50 PM

So it's their Board's fault for not replacing him adequately, no?

BoltonHibee
03-04-2010, 06:51 PM

He had a great game. MoTM only goes to a player from the home side and it was hardly going to be a defender :greengrin

MacBean
03-04-2010, 06:52 PM
at least they drew the second half :dunno:

JimBHibees
03-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Jack to do with Coyle. He performed a modern day miracle to get Burnley in the Premier league and saw the righting on the wall and took a bigger job when it was on offer and his star was at a high point.

God Petrie
03-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Anyone with integrity would have seen through the job at Burnley - at least until the summer so that they stayed up. I'm sure Bolton would have held on if they wanted him that badly. If he was as good as he thinks he is, he would have kept them up easily but he couldn't build a defence capable of it.

Hibstrooper
03-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Anyone with integrity would have seen through the job at Burnley - at least until the summer so that they stayed up. I'm sure Bolton would have held on if they wanted him that badly. If he was as good as he thinks he is, he would have kept them up easily but he couldn't build a defence capable of it.

I've got a new employer on the phone. They want to offer you double your current salary and give you a job that's got more potential to progress than your current.

Should I tell them you've got too much integrity and are too loyal to your current employer (who wouldn't be scared to bin you if you started to under perform)? :cool2:

Dunbar Hibee
03-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Not a chance were Burnley ever going to stay in the EPL this season.

You cannot have a squad with the players they have at their disposal and stay in that league. Burnley would have had to invest significantly to have any chance of staying up, the chairman made his intentions quite clear on promotion to the EPL.

They will make a significant amount of money of their 1 season stint, that will suffice for their chairman.

I think most people understood what the Burnley aim was, OC certainly did.

I disagree.

BoltonHibee
03-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Bolton were looking after their own interests, they were deep in the **** after Megson dragged them down even further. Bolton would be near finished if they were relegated, it would be a long time before they would appear in the top flight again.

He couldn't keep Burnley up, he had NO funds to rebuild the side to a point where he could.

There then is the danger of becoming a forgotten man and his value plummets.

He moved at just the right time for him and Bolton. It makes not a jot of difference to Burnley, unfortunately.

BoltonHibee
03-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I disagree.

Thats fair enough, no problem.

Jonnyboy
03-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Not read the whole thread so this might have been said already.

Burnley should never have appointed Brian Laws as any slim chance they had of staying up disappeared when they unveiled him

BoltonHibee
03-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Not read the whole thread so this might have been said already.

Burnley should never have appointed Brian Laws as any slim chance they had of staying up disappeared when they unveiled him

Very true, but he was extremely "inexpensive":greengrin

Mibbes Aye
03-04-2010, 07:23 PM

Aye, but that's got nothing to do with anything remotely connected to being a football manager in this day and age.

There's a difference between what 'professional' is meant to mean and what 'loyalty' is meant to mean. The trouble with being a football fan is we often don't see it.

easty
03-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Bolton were looking after their own interests, they were deep in the **** after Megson dragged them down even further. Bolton would be near finished if they were relegated, it would be a long time before they would appear in the top flight again.

He couldn't keep Burnley up, he had NO funds to rebuild the side to a point where he could.

There then is the danger of becoming a forgotten man and his value plummets.

He moved at just the right time for him and Bolton. It makes not a jot of difference to Burnley, unfortunately.

We'll never know if he could have kept them up or not, I do know one of the non playing staff at Burnley who worked under Coyle and now under Laws and just after Coyle left he said the atmosphere had been sucked out the place.

However, while I do think there is a time for loyalty in football and often it isnt shown. Doesnt apply here and I dont think Coyle was a "judas" or in any way showed a lack of integrity. He took Burnley further than any of their fans could have expected with the resources made available to him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Like Billy Davies at Derby maybe? He took them to the EPL, made it clear that it was probably too early for them, but still got the tin-tack when they couldn't compete.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2010, 09:07 PM
How sheite are they, but their fans are barry. Now that's what I call uber fans, East Standers couldnae lace their boots. :agree: "4-0 and you'll still not sing" :greengrinUnfortunately they would still tuck us away!

Hibbie_Cameron
03-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Man City were not even breaking sweat and were tearing them apart. That first 25 mins was one of the worst performances i have ever seen from a football team. There defence was one of the worst i have ever seen

PISTOL1875
03-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Man City were not even breaking sweat and were tearing them apart. That first 25 mins was one of the worst performances i have ever seen from a football team. There defence was one of the worst i have ever seen

Every time City went forward , it looked City were gonna score.. Burnley were shocking and with defending like that , they deserved to get pumped 6-1..

Hibbie_Cameron
03-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Every time City went forward , it looked City were gonna score.. Burnley were shocking and with defending like that , they deserved to get pumped 6-1..

I agree. I was just telling my city supporting dad about the game and i found it difficult to assess how well Man City actually played as Burnley were so bad

Jonnyboy
03-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Very true, but he was extremely "inexpensive":greengrin

PISTOL1875
03-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I agree. I was just telling my city supporting dad about the game and i found it difficult to assess how well Man City actually played as Burnley were so bad

City were amazing in the first half.Probably the best spell of play in a good while.... Burnley couldn't handle us and especially Adam Johnston.. What a signing he has turned out to be....

Bostonhibby
03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Its Brian Laws not the team.

:agree: couldnae believe it when they appointed him, he's doing about the same as everywhere else hes been only quicker. not much has changed about the team but they were doing okay at home earlier

lapsedhibee
03-04-2010, 10:32 PM

I doubt if that's ever happened before - but Man City took 20 minutes to go 4 up, and I once saw an away team go 4 up in half that time.

AgentDaleCooper
03-04-2010, 10:33 PM
really got to hand it to the burnley fans, great performance in pretty dire circumstances

darwenhibby
03-04-2010, 11:14 PM
fair play to Burnley. They really have punched above their weight and beaten some very credible teams in the early part of the season, however they just ran out of steam within their budget.

It is ok coming on here giving a view of procedeedings from a Bolton point of view when Bolton are your team first and foremost.

Yes Bolton may have gone into English footballs oblivion if Coyle had not mustered a few results.

Still there are one of the most unattractive teams to support in England.

Sorry Boltonhibee but your team are crap and unattractive.
Rather watch Hibs than go to the Breezebloc like yourself.

So who gives a F*** about your precious Bolton, Paddy Coyle, & Dingles.

It what Yogi does that bothers me.

IN YOGI WE TRUST!!

KWJ
04-04-2010, 01:43 AM
:thumbsup: to the fans.

How many is that Fletch has for the season. He's no longer on the top scorers for EPL which goes down to 9 but he must be on about 7,8,9 in the league I'd have thought. Well played to the luggy yin.

Ringothedog
04-04-2010, 09:45 AM
:thumbsup: to the fans.

How many is that Fletch has for the season. He's no longer on the top scorers for EPL which goes down to 9 but he must be on about 7,8,9 in the league I'd have thought. Well played to the luggy yin.

Ear!! Ear!!

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2010, 10:44 AM
fair play to Burnley. They really have punched above their weight and beaten some very credible teams in the early part of the season, however they just ran out of steam within their budget.

It is ok coming on here giving a view of procedeedings from a Bolton point of view when Bolton are your team first and foremost.

Yes Bolton may have gone into English footballs oblivion if Coyle had not mustered a few results.

IN YOGI WE TRUST!!

Here here Duane, bolton are the English equivilant of Hearts, boring boring boring, much like Boltonhibs constant drivel about yogi.:agree:

BoltonHibee
04-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by darwenhibby

IN YOGI WE TRUST!!

Here here Duane, bolton are the English equivilant of Hearts, boring boring boring, much like Boltonhibs constant drivel about yogi.

Watch it the pair of you, or I will "out" you both.:greengrin