PDA

View Full Version : I have had enough

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 09:18 PM
John Collins - Not good enough - apparently

Mixu Paatelainen - Not good enough - apparently

John Hughes - Not good enough - apparently

So, is there any mortal human being who is?

Or is this club (and more to the point, its supporters) just totally incapable of being satisfied with anyone?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-04-2010, 09:21 PM

Or is this club (and more to the point, its supporters) just totally incapable of being satisfied with anyone?

Well said!

jabis
02-04-2010, 09:25 PM
5,000 fans and 4,000 backseat managers,the latter would have difficulty lacing a pair of football boots,then finding there ar*e to scratch it :rolleyes:

(the numbers are "for example",before the pedants step in !)

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 09:28 PM

Maybe its a case of these managers dont really have much experience of managing a club the size of hibs with the expectations. IMO, they dont have the experience. Look at Dundee Utd, they had Craig Levein who was experienced and left the club in good shape, Motherwell are playing well now because they have a well experienced manager, Hearts are playing better now than they did under Shabba, they have an experienced manager. A club like Hibs, who have expectations of playing in europe every season need a manager who is experienced in taking a club to these heights, or at least a manager who has been an assistant at a club that has done this. We shouldnt be picking up managers who have little experience, managed lower league clubs, or managers that have managed clubs that were going no where. Yes every now and again you may pick up a manager that can do this from little experience, but its a gamble, and for me, its a gamble I dont want happening at my club, where each in experienced manager wastes money signing players that cant cut it.

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 09:31 PM
5,000 fans and 4,000 backseat managers,the latter would have difficulty lacing a pair of football boots,then finding there ar*e to scratch it :rolleyes:

(the numbers are "for example",before the pedants step in !)

A translation into English would be appreciated.

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Maybe its a case of these managers dont really have much experience of managing a club the size of hibs with the expectations. IMO, they dont have the experience. Look at Dundee Utd, they had Craig Levein who was experienced and left the club in good shape, Motherwell are playing well now because they have a well experienced manager, Hearts are playing better now than they did under Shabba, they have an experienced manager. A club like Hibs, who have expectations of playing in europe every season need a manager who is experienced in taking a club to these heights, or at least a manager who has been an assistant at a club that has done this. We shouldnt be picking up managers who have little experience, managed lower league clubs, or managers that have managed clubs that were going no where. Yes every now and again you may pick up a manager that can do this from little experience, but its a gamble, and for me, its a gamble I dont want happening at my club, where each in experienced manager wastes money signing players that cant cut it.

Suggest an experienced manager that Hibs could afford then?

And, who do you think Yogi has spent money on that will be binned because they're not good enough?

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Suggest an experienced manager that Hibs could afford then?

And, who do you think Yogi has spent money on that will be binned because they're not good enough?

I would happily take Craig Brown, I also thought hibs may have had a try and get Levein at some point before he took the scotland job. I would also take Mogga back. I think Cregg , anyone of the 3 keepers brought in and Gow could quite well be binned should a new manager come in.

degenerated
02-04-2010, 09:36 PM

you suggest hearts are playing better under jeffries then go on to suggest you wouldn't take a manager who has been managing a club going nowhere, wtf are kilmarnock :greengrin

hughes is hardly inexperienced given that he kept falkirk in the SPL, after bringing them up there, for a number of years.

i wonder if there's an interweb forum equivalent to the phrase "sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than opening it and removing all doubt" :wink:

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 09:38 PM
What experience has the current D Utd. guy[QUOTE=hibs13681;2414510]Maybe its a case of these managers dont really have much experience of managing a club the size of hibs with the expectations. IMO, they dont have the experience. Look at Dundee Utd, they had Craig Levein who was experienced and left the club in good shape, Motherwell are playing well now because they have a well experienced manager, Hearts are playing better now than they did under Shabba, they have an experienced manager. A club like Hibs, who have expectations of playing in europe every season need a manager who is experienced in taking a club to these heights, or at least a manager who has been an assistant at a club that has done this. We shouldnt be picking up managers who have little experience, managed lower league clubs, or managers that have managed clubs that were going no where. Yes every now and again you may pick up a manager that can do this from little experience, but its a gamble, and for me, its a gamble I dont want happening at my club, where each in experienced manager wastes money signing players that cant cut it.[/QUO

So experience is an absolute guarantee of success? Bobby Williamson?

Our best performance in recent years was under a total rookie manager, i.e Mowbray.

monktonharp
02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
bring back Ned. seriously though,you can never please some on here.I'm totally pissed off and have been for a fortnight since we got beat in Dingwall but after thinking about it over the last day or so,the problems are not all down to our present manager. we've had some players since the Dunfy exit in the semi-final,that canny go the extra mile to get us into finals or win crucial games when we as fans expect to win. no one has a right to win,just because they are a supposed much bigger club than the opposition I can go back to games like Ayr,Livi,Dunfermline,D.utd,etc all at Ham,pden when we were firm favs,to win but we didn't. we always seem to be plagued by a few in each team that canny play as expected,or just raise their game to get there.would not blame any of those managers for the failures. our current crop has some f/kin time wasters,which has left the manager to face the wrath of the fans.

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
I would happily take Craig Brown, I also thought hibs may have had a try and get Levein at some point before he took the scotland job. I would also take Mogga back. I think Cregg , anyone of the 3 keepers brought in and Gow could quite well be binned should a new manager come in.

The appointment of Craig Brown would not have been seen as a step forward by most Hibs fans IMO.

As for Levein, you're dreaming if you think he would've left Utd for Hibs.

Cregg's deal runs out at the end of the season, Gow is on loan and the only keeper leaving will be Maka IMO.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 09:40 PM
you suggest hearts are playing better under jeffries then go on to suggest you wouldn't take a manager who has been managing a club going nowhere, wtf are kilmarnock :greengrin

hughes is hardly inexperienced given that he kept falkirk in the SPL, after bringing them up there, for a number of years.

i wonder if there's an interweb forum equivalent to the phrase "sometimes it's better to keep you mouth shut and appear stupid to opening and removing all doubt" :wink:

Did Jeffires win a trophy with hearts, did he take them to europe? Yes hughes is experienced at fighting relegation, different pressures and different expectations at a club with ambitions of playing europe every season. I would rather a manager learns his trade at some other club than hibs.

If you have any ambition you would see that if Hibs want to be in europe every season they need an manager that is experienced at the correct end of the league! Going by what you have said you would be happy with a manager that managed not to get relegated.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
The appointment of Craig Brown would not have been seen as a step forward by most Hibs fans IMO.

As for Levein, you're dreaming if you think he would've left Utd for Hibs.

Cregg's deal runs out at the end of the season, Gow is on loan and the only keeper leaving will be Maka IMO.

Are we paying wages for these players? Yes! Why wouldnt Levein have left Utd for Hibs? bigger club!

Big Frank
02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
bring back Ned. seriously though,you can never please some on here.I'm totally pissed off and have been for a fortnight since we got beat in Dingwall but after thinking about it over the last day or so,the problems are not all down to our present manager. we've had some players since the Dunfy exit in the semi-final,that canny go the extra mile to get us into finals or win crucial games when we as fans expect to win. no one has a right to win,just because they are a supposed much bigger club than the opposition I can go back to games like Ayr,Livi,Dunfermline,D.utd,etc all at Ham,pden when we were firm favs,to win but we didn't. we always seem to be plagued by a few in each team that canny play as expected,or just raise their game to get there.would not blame any of those managers for the failures. our current crop has some f/kin time wasters,which has left the manager to face the wrath of the fans.

:agree:

:top marks

jabis
02-04-2010, 09:44 PM

ok :confused:

there seems to be "x" amount of "fans",who "support " Hibs,through thick and thin.(with me so far?)

then there are "y" amount of moaning "I could do better" gits....these are the ones i intimated,could Not take a pair of footwear(used for football)and tie the laces on the aforementioned apperell.

Also these "moaning gits",finding themselves in charge of a scratchy bottom,wouldn't have the savvy to alleviate the problem !

I'm on your side doll :thumbsup:

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Are we paying wages for these players? Yes! Why wouldnt Levein have left Utd for Hibs? bigger club!

So are you now suggesting that we shouldn't have squad players at all then?

Cregg has been back up and was signed on a short contract so we won't need to pay him off if we want to get rid. Gow is on loan and its hardly Yogi's fault that he got injured. Maka is not one of Yogi's signings.

Levein was on the board at Utd and had built up a team over 3 seasons challenging at the right end of the table. Hibs could not afford him and he would not have come.

monktonharp
02-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Maybe its a case of these managers dont really have much experience of managing a club the size of hibs with the expectations. IMO, they dont have the experience. Look at Dundee Utd, they had Craig Levein who was experienced and left the club in good shape, Motherwell are playing well now because they have a well experienced manager, Hearts are playing better now than they did under Shabba, they have an experienced manager. A club like Hibs, who have expectations of playing in europe every season need a manager who is experienced in taking a club to these heights, or at least a manager who has been an assistant at a club that has done this. We shouldnt be picking up managers who have little experience, managed lower league clubs, or managers that have managed clubs that were going no where. Yes every now and again you may pick up a manager that can do this from little experience, but its a gamble, and for me, its a gamble I dont want happening at my club, where each in experienced manager wastes money signing players that cant cut it.who was the captain of Ayr United when they beat us in a LC semi-final ?who was the manager of Falkirk last year in the SC final?

Mac
02-04-2010, 09:47 PM

and a step ladder for yourself to get down from the intellectual high ground you appear to be taking, maybe disagree but personal insults are not required and make yourself look foolish.

Excuse me but its my personal hate.

degenerated
02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Did Jeffires win a trophy with hearts, did he take them to europe? Yes hughes is experienced at fighting relegation, different pressures and different expectations at a club with ambitions of playing europe every season. I would rather a manager learns his trade at some other club than hibs.

If you have any ambition you would see that if Hibs want to be in europe every season they need an manager that is experienced at the correct end of the league! Going by what you have said you would be happy with a manager that managed not to get relegated.

hughes took falkirk to europe or are you just writing that off?

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
our current crop has some f/kin time wasters,which has left the manager to face the wrath of the fans.

I have wondered for some time if the root of the trouble at Hibs is in the dressing room. Is there an ethos there which even someone as strong as Yogi can't get rid of?

TBH, if Yogi can't be successful at ER then I really wonder if anyone can.

jabis
02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
and a step ladder for yourself to get down from the intellectual high ground you appear to be taking, maybe disagree but personal insults are not required and make yourself look foolish.

I was agreeing with her,I have read the op again,and she clearly asks about the supporters being hard to please !

Have read my original post again,not that difficult to follow....maybe it's just my sense of humour !:greengrin

oldbutdim
02-04-2010, 09:58 PM

All right, I'll give it a go.

Is it "Green Butterfly"?

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 09:58 PM

I agree with you. And I apologise if I came across as high handed. It wasn't intended as a personal insult. But please explain how I can respond to a post if I don't understand what's being said in the first place?

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 09:59 PM

Is it "Green Butterfly"?

Oui! :thumbsup:

Hibby D
02-04-2010, 09:59 PM
I was agreeing with him,I have read the op again,and he clearly asks about the supporters being hard to please !

Have read my original post again,not that difficult to follow....maybe it's just my sense of humour !:greengrin

I followed your original post :thumbsup: Wonder what that says about me :dizzy::greengrin

ps The OP is a lady - like moi :thumbsup:

greenlex
02-04-2010, 10:03 PM

Is it "Green Butterfly"?
:faf::faf:See you auld yin you need to post more. You make me laugh and are becoming one of my favourite posters. :thumbsup:

PC Stamp
02-04-2010, 10:06 PM

Remind me of the level of experience Mogga had when he took us into Europe? The ONLY club he's taken into Europe. And let's not talk about Zibi, Simon Brown, Rudge, Konte, Konde ......

Levein come to Hibs .... don't make me laugh!

As for Craig Brown ...... dull, boring, colourless, unadventurous, helped Andy Roxburgh to destroy the passion of the Tartan Army AND has been pretty rank at almost evey club he's managed. He's had a tiny wee purple patch at M'Well with players he didn't even sign, half of whom will be gone back to wherever they are on loan from next season.

The day we appoint someone like Craig Brown as manager is the day I hand my season ticket back.

HibbyKeith
02-04-2010, 10:08 PM

Jose Mourinho?

Seriously though, Opinions, thats what football's all about and thats why we all love the debate, we're all the greatest managers in the world, we all think we can do it better, but i think if it came to the crunch there are not many who would last 2 weeks actually doing it.

Rome was'nt built in a day n' all that.

in yogi I trust (for now anyway) :wink: :notworthy:

jabis
02-04-2010, 10:10 PM
I followed your original post :thumbsup: Wonder what that says about me :dizzy::greengrin

ps The OP is a lady - like moi :thumbsup:

oops :greengrin

where's the edit boutton !

hibsdaft
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM

there's a paradox here. the only quality of manager some of our support demand is such that when we do eventually land him, he'll be away not long after we've realised he's the one.

eg, without our poor form post-xmas, Yogi himself would be off to Celtic right now.

we got two and a bit years out of Mowbray. if he'd not been brand new to management he'd probably of been away sooner.

we are having a better than historically average season, when we were finishing 8th 9th and 10th under Blobby there was still a lot of support for the guy (hard to believe today but there was at the time). i suppose it shows how far we've come that expectations are that high.

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 10:19 PM
God. sorry, what a mistake to post an honest post. Wish I hadn't bothered.

This is the reason I very rarely log onto Hib.net these days or post. The sheer nastiness is just too much and the readiness on the part of certain posters to assume that everyone is as nasty as themselves just makes it not worth posting.

If I have offended anyone, I am sorry- please believe me, it wasn't intended. I won't post again and that way no-one will be offended.

Jane

stu in nottingham
02-04-2010, 10:25 PM

This is the reason I very rarely log onto Hib.net these days or post. The sheer nastiness is just too much and the readiness on the part of certain posters to assume that everyone is as nasty as themselves just makes it not worth posting.

If I have offended anyone, I am sorry- please believe me, it wasn't intended. I won't post again and that way no-one will be offended.

Jane

Sadly this is a problem for many, but don't go away, Jane.

BEEJ
02-04-2010, 10:27 PM

Jane
PV, for what it's worth, anyone who knows you through this board and what you have posted previously knows that you are one of the rare sensible posters here and get on with everyone.

The accusation further up the thread was uncalled for and is symptomatic of posters that are up-tight just now and getting on one another's nerves.

Whatever you do, don't take it personally. :aok:

Hiber-nation
02-04-2010, 10:27 PM

Jane

It's difficult but you just have to try to ignore the ones you don't like. Please don't flutter away forever :wink:

Jonnyboy
02-04-2010, 10:32 PM

Jane

The fact that you feel that way Jane says a lot about the tone of this MB since the Mixu debacle. I think it is a crying shame that you can't come on here with a reasonable point to debate without having to suffer personal abuse. It's becoming far too commonplace and it is hugely difficult for the Admin team to exercise control over.

IMO resorting to personal abuse simply shows the abuser up as not having the skills to debate a point fairly and squarely

Mac
02-04-2010, 10:33 PM

Jane

youve lost me:confused:

I actually read mostly banter with serious posts, only thing nasty was your post regarding his english language.

no-one being nasty just dont think your second post was required although the above post does come across a tad childish or too much vino

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Thank you to those who have responded.

You know, I like to keep in touch with what's going on. I am an enthusiatic supporter. I like a bit of banter and a good argument and debate.

I never ever set out to ridicule someone or belittle anyone - that''s just not my style or the type of person I am.

So, if people come along and make accusations about me that I think are unfair and not really me, I do get upset.

All this means that one does feel more and more reluctant to write and express an opinion. It is now the case that it is no longer worth expressing one's opinion as one is invariably then accused of all sorts of things which are not really true. Unfortunately, it's safer to keep SCHTUMM.

LaMotta
02-04-2010, 10:41 PM

Jeff Jimries did take Hearts to Europe and win them a cup, but of course he did this being a relatively inexperienced manager coming from Falkirk, where he fought relegation with them......

And it took him a couple of years to get there too. So maybe we could just give Yogi a wee bit more time and lets see what happens.

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 10:45 PM
youve lost me:confused:

I actually read mostly banter with serious posts, only thing nasty was your post regarding his english language.

no-one being nasty just dont think your second post was required although the above post does come across a tad childish or too much vino

You know, Mac, I've seen loads of posts on this board questioning people's use of the English language but I've ever noticed you jump on anyone's such post as quickly as you jumped on mine. And make such untrue assumptions...

Rattler
02-04-2010, 10:46 PM

Jane

:hijack:Sorry, thought I was was watching you put in a great performance on BBC2?!, instead of posting on such a mediocre thread

Jonnyboy
02-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Thank you to those who have responded.

You know, I like to keep in touch with what's going on. I am an enthusiatic supporter. I like a bit of banter and a good argument and debate.

I never ever set out to ridicule someone or belittle anyone - that''s just not my style or the type of person I am.

So, if people come along and make accusations about me that I think are unfair and not really me, I do get upset.

All this means that one does feel more and more reluctant to write and express an opinion. It is now the case that it is no longer worth expressing one's opinion as one is invariably then accused of all sorts of things which are not really true. Unfortunately, it's safer to keep SCHTUMM.

Again I understand your sentiments Jane but I liken the dissenters to my opinions on here alongside those dissenting fans sitting near me in the stand. I hear what they're saying but I don't always agree with it.

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=Big Gund;2414609]:hijack:Sorry, thought I was was watching you put in a great performance on BBC2?!, instead of posting on such a mediocre thread[/QUOTE

That's OK. If I only knew what the hell you were talking about it might mean something to me.

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 11:01 PM
It's a wee bit ironic that the thread is called "I have had enough" yet it could develop into a 24 pager of insults and quotes from the "Dummies Guide to the English Language" :cool2:

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Again I understand your sentiments Jane but I liken the dissenters to my opinions on here alongside those dissenting fans sitting near me in the stand. I hear what they're saying but I don't always agree with it.

Very Voltairean, John

"I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Big Gund;2414609]:hijack:Sorry, thought I was was watching you put in a great performance on BBC2?!, instead of posting on such a mediocre thread[/QUOTE

That's OK. If I only knew the hell what you were talking about it might mean something to me.

The film Papillon (Steve McQueen) on BBC2. :agree:

Rattler
02-04-2010, 11:05 PM

That's OK. If I only knew the hell what you were talking about it might mean something to me.

No probs. They say that if you have to explain then it's not worthwhile............. just watching Steve McQueen, Dustin Hoffman et al in Papillon on BBC2 - Great film and some superb acting - all in my opinion!:blah:

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 11:05 PM
It's a wee bit ironic that the thread is called "I have had enough" yet it could develop into a 24 pager of insults and quotes from the "Dummies Guide to the English Language" :cool2:

That might give us some comic relief from all the doom and gloom though!!:thumbsup:

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=PapillonVert;2414616]

No probs. They say that if you have to explain then it's not worthwhile............. just watching Steve McQueen, Dustin Hoffman et al in Papillon on BBC2 - Great film and some superb acting - all in my opinion!:blah:

Avec vous maintenant, BigGund. Great book by Henri Charriere IIRC

Did read it and see the film oh a few decades ago.

And it was in my mind when I adopted my digital moniker.

Jonnyboy
02-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Very Voltairean, John

"I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

:greengrin

I believe strongly in free speech but I also believe strongly that responses that degenerate into name calling and personal abuse should be ignored

Rattler
02-04-2010, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=Big Gund;2414627]

Avec vous maintenant, BigGund. Great book by Henri Charriere IIRC

Did read it and see the film oh a few decades ago.

And it was in my mind when I adopted my digital moniker.

Better not hijack the thread too much, but really can't decide if the film really was better than the book?

Oh the joys of a Friday night?!

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 11:13 PM

I believe strongly in free speech but I also believe strongly that responses that degenerate into name calling and personal abuse should be ignored

I am sure that old Voltaire said precisely that as well, John! :wink:

(Wonder if Gordon Brown would agree???)

Jonnyboy
02-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I am sure that old Voltaire said precisely that as well, John! :wink:

(Wonder if Gordon Brown would agree???)

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=PapillonVert;2414631]

Better not hijack the thread too much, but really can't decide if the film really was better than the book?

Oh the joys of a Friday night?!

Hey, it's ma thread...

And I got the impression it wasn't going too well anyway...

Rattler
02-04-2010, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=Big Gund;2414638]

Hey, it's ma thread...

Nothing like a lively debate to warm the cockles whon there's nowtmuch else doin. (and also, my french ain't really up to much - maybe try spanish, although that doesn't help much with the film)

Funny, doesn't matter how many times you see a film/ read a book etc - ever seen yourself looking for a different ending?

In that case, back to topic, and in Yogi we trust.

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=Big Gund;2414638]

Hey, it's ma thread...

Aye there's too much of this :angeldevi. Let's get back to the calling each other :asshole: and :take that.

:devil:

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=PapillonVert;2414642]

Nothing like a lively debate to warm the cockles whon there's nowtmuch else doin. (and also, my french ain't really up to much - maybe try spanish, although that doesn't help much with the film)

Funny, doesn't matter how many times you see a film/ read a book etc - ever seen yourself looking for a different ending?

In that case, back to topic, and in Yogi we trust.

What that man said.

What would a different ending be for Hibs?

Yaaaassssss, we won the cup................................

(Oh, dear Lord, we beseech Thee........)

Rattler
02-04-2010, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=Big Gund;2414650]

What that man said.

What would a different ending be for Hibs?

Yaaaassssss, we won the cup................................

(Oh, dear Lord, we beseech Thee........)

And again, on the topic of film......................

Ever compared the Sco**ish Cup to the Holy Grail?

hibbymac
02-04-2010, 11:43 PM
FFS will ye get yer "quotes" sorted our :bitchy: Ah'm gettin a sair heid on top o' ma sair heid

PapillonVert
02-04-2010, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=PapillonVert;2414655]

I refuse to on principle.

To seek the Holy Grail is to seek the impossible.

iwasthere1972
03-04-2010, 12:00 AM

I refuse to on principle.

To seek the Holy Grail is to seek the impossible.

:yawn: You two got MSN. :wink:

Deal with the quotes. :grr:

Fifer
03-04-2010, 06:28 AM

:top marks :notworthy:

rainman
03-04-2010, 06:44 AM
IMO, people set their stalls out too early. Disapproving of the choice of manager then building a rod for their own back by feeling the need to stick to their guns no matter what. You know some people set their stall out early doors regarding the appointment of yogi. So now they can't wait for things to go wrong to jump in with an "I told you so thread."

The jim Gannon I told you so thread was ridiculously premature and a perfect example of people too keen to prove they were right.

I've seen this happen from the mcleish days. Problem is, the people who want to churn and burn managers have no idea what implications it would have for the club, nor an answer as to who would do a better job.

crash
03-04-2010, 07:50 AM

None of the above would have got the managers job if it hadn't been the fact that they had played for the club and were deemed to have been fans favourites. Incidentally how are Collins and Mixu getting on with their managerial careers?

weonlywon6-2
03-04-2010, 08:05 AM
I have wondered for some time if the root of the trouble at Hibs is in the dressing room. Is there an ethos there which even someone as strong as Yogi can't get rid of?

TBH, if Yogi can't be successful at ER then I really wonder if anyone can.

you could have a point.i think managers like walter smith,alex ferguson,wenger command a lot of respect and nobody would cross that.

lots of others have to build that reputation up which is the hard part.

john collins imo tried to command this from the start and thats where the problem was.

yogi managed to get stokes,gow etc who he had previously worked with and i dont think they would have come if they didnt like him??

SquashedFrogg
03-04-2010, 08:07 AM
So are you now suggesting that we shouldn't have squad players at all then?

Cregg has been back up and was signed on a short contract so we won't need to pay him off if we want to get rid. Gow is on loan and its hardly Yogi's fault that he got injured. Maka is not one of Yogi's signings.

Levein was on the board at Utd and had built up a team over 3 seasons challenging at the right end of the table. Hibs could not afford him and he would not have come.

IMO this is the key.

weonlywon6-2
03-04-2010, 08:13 AM
maybe we should close hibs.net for month and see if the performances get better, then we will know where the problem lies :wink::wink:

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2010, 08:48 AM

Your club - when did You take it over?

Are you on drugs?

Eh, are you sure you're not on drugs?

:confused:

Bostonhibby
03-04-2010, 09:24 AM

There might have been one, if only Fergie hadn't played for the Hun, Sir Matt blew his chance, actually as I see the whole thing as a work in progress, its still Yogi for me for the time being. Less talk and more action though.

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2010, 09:31 AM
There might have been one, if only Fergie hadn't played for the Hun, Sir Matt blew his chance, actually as I see the whole thing as a work in progress, its still Yogi for me for the time being. Less talk and more action though.

I think dying didn't do much for his prospects. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
03-04-2010, 09:34 AM

:faf: It's always the same when things dont go our way - feeble excuses and refusal to adress the real issue.

Bostonhibby
03-04-2010, 09:39 AM

PS - and you are far too picky, when did not being able breath, think or move make it onto our ever growing list of exclusions for being a manager of Hibs?

In defence of not automatically excluding someone on grounds of their mortality alone, I cite Duff Jimmy & Blobby as recent trail blazing examples of what might be achieved by a corpse........:wink:

And dont get me started on the playing side