PDA

View Full Version : Hughes - BBC Story

PaulSmith
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8601190.stm

They'll be some on here that will be thumping their keyboard when you get to 5 mins in of this interview.

Are you a true Hibs fan? :devil:

Betty Boop
02-04-2010, 07:34 PM

They'll be some on here that will be thumping their keyboard when you get to 5 mins in of this interview.

Yogi could do with some PR advice.

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 07:34 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8601190.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8601190.stm)

Welll said Yogi :greengrin:devil:

hibsbollah
02-04-2010, 07:37 PM
I wish he'd say less sometimes.

I like what hes saying about seeing a different game from the stands than from the touchline. He could learn something about the shape of the team over the next few weeks.

Disco Dave
02-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Yogi could do with some PR advice.

Yogi's spot on IMO :agree:

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Welll said Yogi :greengrin:devil:

:agree: I'm with Yogi.

Us TRUE fans need to stick together.

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Yep, sometimes the truth hurts.

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 07:42 PM
The media ask some daft questions. Yogi should have lamped him one.

Is Neil Lennon the man for the job? (at Celtic)

Who cares. :grr:

Hainan Hibs
02-04-2010, 07:43 PM
TRUE (uber) fans are behind Yogi 100%:agree::agree::agree:

lEXO
02-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Yep, sometimes the truth hurts.
Not as much as some of the performances.And yes i count myself as a true fan, but not no one is above criticism.Players, managers and some supporters.But anyone who thinks all is well at ER is kidding themselves.

hibsbollah
02-04-2010, 07:45 PM
The media ask some daft questions. Yogi should have lamped him one.

Is Neil Lennon the man for the job? (at Celtic)

Who cares. :grr:

The best thing Collins did as manager was ban any oldfirm questions at his press conferences. If you talk to the Hibs manager you talk about Hibs.

Cabbage1875
02-04-2010, 07:46 PM
'It's ok going forward'

I'd disagree with this. We don't create nearly enough chances or open teams up often enough. People who go to the games will know this ;)

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 07:48 PM
He looks pretty rattled there! Stupid thing to say IMO, he should have said something like "well it encourages me to prove them wrong"

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Not as much as some of the performances.And yes i count myself as a true fan, but not no one is above criticism.Players, managers and some supporters.But anyone who thinks all is well at ER is kidding themselves.

No-one said they were.

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I am 100% behind Yogi. :agree: (Not saying I am an "Uber Fan" by the way!)

Another good interview. As for the Celtic question.....pathetic.

Bob Box Fish
02-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Interesting, normally when things start going really wrong the manager has a pop at the fans and also loses the dressing room next. . . we shall see

Personally I dont think Yogi is the man for the job and as long as I am paying his players wages I would consider myself as a 'true' fan. Should he be given time to prove me wrong I would say yes give him to xmas of next season to improve performances on the park.

Secondly his reference to what is going on at hibs IMO is down to Petrie etal who were on the ball long before JH has came here.

Also a bit disappointed that he never got the U19 players from last season more involved. Even a few run outs as subs initially would have been interesting to see if they could push some of the current lot for places. All he has done really is burnt out Wotherspoon and reduced him to a player who cant pass the ball 3 yards.

Mister P
02-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I'd say I'm a true fan.

no need to call for his head, he had the leagues best defence for several months, only been beaten at home 3 times (iirc), and looking certain for 4th place...if not 3rd (still mathematically possible).

Judge the man over the course of the season ffs.

If someone had said last year "I'll give you 4th place, Stokes, 2 decent keepers and a new stand" I'm sure every fan would have jumped at it.

:dunno:

Toaods
02-04-2010, 07:57 PM
A true fan couldn't celebrate a goal against the club.

Bob Box Fish
I'd say I'm a true fan.

no need to call for his head, he had the leagues best defence for several months, only been beaten at home 3 times (iirc), and looking certain for 4th place...if not 3rd (still mathematically possible).

If someone had said last year "I'll give you 4th place, Stokes, 2 decent keepers and a new stand" I'm sure every fan would have jumped at it.

Who are these?

johnrebus
I'd say I'm a true fan.

Don't you mean, " Jumped off it?"

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I am 100% behind Yogi. :agree:

Another good interview.

:agree: Why would anyone get upset about his "real fan" dig. All Hibs fans are real fans regardless of whether they think Yogi is the man for the job or not.

The guy is not daft. He no doubt sees exactly the same as we do but he's not going to make a fool of himself by standing up and shouting "Oih Nish you're a numpty", "Hogg GTF", "Rankin you're pash" or booing the team off at full time before he's gives them a good roasting in the dressing room.

Give him time. Europe was the aim for this season and unless I have been in a coma for the past week we are still on course. Okay Scottish Cup exit was a bit of a shocker but get real.....who really thought this would be our year? You would have got better odds on Lord Lucan winning the National on Shergar than Hibs to win the Scottish Cup. :devil:

Yogi you're the man.......Don't let us down.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I'd say I'm a true fan.

Is someone had said at the end of last season, would you take being in 3rd place so many points ahead of 4th , so many ahead of Hearts in January, later to be in the scottish cup QF against Ross County at home, only to see Dundee Utd go past you Motherwell hot on your heels, hearts catching you, beaten by Ross Country in the QF when half of the Old firm are out, beaten by st johnstone 5-1, rangers 4-1 and Dundee Utd 4-2 at home, and generally play very badly in January, february and March?

I wouldnt, I would be asking if we were in that position, what the hell happened for us to crumble like that!

col02
02-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Comes across as very pragmatic in that interview and cannot see anything to suggest he is rattled in the slightest. I have total faith in the big man and have no doubt come the new season we will be a step closer to where he wants us to be. If a section of the support succeed in chasing out another manager from Hibs then we run the risk of being a club that no manager worth their salt will touch. We are not a club built on success so do not understand the venom towards the manager and team that sit 4th in the league at the moment albeit on a horrid run of form.

Jamesie
02-04-2010, 08:05 PM
The players are giving him their all? Aye right. How can he turn around and say that after performances like Wednesday night?

Makes himself look like an erse by being very defensive and denying the fact fans are questioning him before ending the interview acknowledging the fans are calling for his head.

Lennon "knows what Celtic is all about" - why even entertain the question? At first I thought he was giving it short shrift but then his days at Celtic Park came back to him obviously.

Jamesie
02-04-2010, 08:06 PM
The best thing Collins did as manager was ban any oldfirm questions at his press conferences. If you talk to the Hibs manager you talk about Hibs.

:top marks

I'd be curious to see a comparison of the records of Collins and Yogi against the Old Firm. I don't even need to look at the Hearts stats as I know Collins got at least one win against them.

Alex Trager
02-04-2010, 08:08 PM
He's 100 % spot on
Why should he be sacked -he's not even been given a season ffs

lEXO
02-04-2010, 08:09 PM
No-one said they were.
And the truth doesnt always hurt.It,s only someone elses opinion of the truth.

Cabbage1875
02-04-2010, 08:14 PM
The players are giving him their all? Aye right. How can he turn around and say that after performances like Wednesday night?

Makes himself look like an erse by being very defensive and denying the fact fans are questioning him before ending the interview acknowledging the fans are calling for his head.

Lennon "knows what Celtic is all about" - why even entertain the question? At first I thought he was giving it short shrift but then his days at Celtic Park came back to him obviously.
Contradiction is a key element of Yogi's interviews, I think he even confuses himself at times.

hibee-shtuggie
02-04-2010, 08:19 PM
yogi's spot on. cannot disagree with anything he says. 100% behind him as the man for this job.

Gatecrasher
02-04-2010, 08:22 PM
:top marks yogi

keep the faith :thumbsup:

weonlywon6-2
02-04-2010, 08:22 PM

its hard to fault him.certainly strong minded thats for sure !!!

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 08:23 PM
And the truth doesnt always hurt.It,s only someone elses opinion of the truth.

Thats why I used the word "sometimes" in my post. :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Contradiction is a key element of Yogi's interviews, I think he even confuses himself at times.

Eh ?!?!?! Are you boys on drugs ? :confused:

He was being sarcastic chaps. :bye:

Wait, I get it.....you boys are trying for a late April Fool.....you had me there....here was me thinking that you are both thick as sh*t as well. :devil:

brydekirk
02-04-2010, 08:31 PM
yogi will never bring his players down in front off anybody, which is not a bad thing. yogi knows his team, and knows who is good and who is p1sh. he cannot do f all about it until the next window. it is clear to me that he is protecting some players, and holding back the truth about the dross he is working with. you can all give me it tight if im wrong, but at least, like yogi, i should have a couple of months to live. :agree: . on the last interview i seen he mentioned about supporters asking for his head. he replies. no the real supporters. who are you ?

TornadoHibby
02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Okay Scottish Cup exit was a bit of a shocker but get real.....who really thought this would be our year? :devil:

I think that a decent number of us "secretly" thought that this year could well be "our" year for the Holy Grail! :wink:

The fact that we hadn't won it for so long is irrelevant to what happens in the current season - ffs how can what happened in history in football have anything to do with what happens with regard to the current crop of players and the draw it has been dealt each round! :cool2:

This "tick tock" theory is actually bollocks and each season is a new chance for us to win the trophy and rightly ignore the history as it doesn't affect the current campaign at all! :agree:

brydekirk
02-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I think that a decent number of us "secretly" thought that this year could well be "our" year for the Holy Grail! :wink:

The fact that we hadn't won it for so long is irrelevant to what happens in the current season - ffs how can what happened in history in football have anything to do with what happens with regard to the current crop of players and the draw it has been dealt each round! :cool2:

This "tick tock" theory is actually bollocks and each season is a new chance for us to win the trophy and rightly ignore the history as it doesn't affect the current campaign at all! :agree:
:agree:

Sir David Gray
02-04-2010, 08:41 PM

I'd be curious to see a comparison of the records of Collins and Yogi against the Old Firm. I don't even need to look at the Hearts stats as I know Collins got at least one win against them.

Hibs v Old Firm with Collins as manager

Hibs 2-2 Celtic
Rangers 3-0 Hibs
Celtic 1-0 Hibs
Hibs 0-2 Rangers
Hibs 3-3 Rangers
Hibs 2-1 Celtic
Hibs 3-2 Celtic
Rangers 0-1 Hibs

W-3 D-2 L-3

Hibs v Old Firm with Hughes as manager

Hibs 0-1 Celtic
Rangers 1-1 Hibs
Hibs 1-4 Rangers
Celtic 1-2 Hibs
Rangers 3-0 Hibs

W-1 D-1 L-3

jabis
02-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Interesting, normally when things start going really wrong the manager has a pop at the fans and also loses the dressing room next. . . we shall see

Personally I dont think Yogi is the man for the job and as long as I am paying his players wages I would consider myself as a 'true' fan. Should he be given time to prove me wrong I would say yes give him to xmas of next season to improve performances on the park.

Secondly his reference to what is going on at hibs IMO is down to Petrie etal who were on the ball long before JH has came here.

Also a bit disappointed that he never got the U19 players from last season more involved. Even a few run outs as subs initially would have been interesting to see if they could push some of the current lot for places. All he has done really is burnt out Wotherspoon and reduced him to a player who cant pass the ball 3 yards.

yup,thats good enough for me....yorkie for manager,yogi oot !

as an aside,where do you work(incase I pay your wages,I would like to air an opinion on your work....give you 8 months and if I'm no happy....yer oot !)

fairs fair :dummytit:

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 08:47 PM

as an aside,where do you work(incase I pay your wages,I would like to air an opinion on your work....give you 8 months and if I'm no happy....yer oot !)

:faf: :top marks

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 08:51 PM

:hilarious

AgentDaleCooper
02-04-2010, 09:03 PM
i swither every day on this, but i think probably is the man for the job - at least we can't afford to punt him now.

doesn't make me a true fan, just a fan with an opinion.

what he said was immature, naive and unprofessional.

strangely though, i have a feeling he'll come good.

Dirkster23
02-04-2010, 09:11 PM
yogi will never bring his players down in front off anybody, which is not a bad thing. yogi knows his team, and knows who is good and who is p1sh. he cannot do f all about it until the next window. it is clear to me that he is protecting some players, and holding back the truth about the dross he is working with. you can all give me it tight if im wrong, but at least, like yogi, i should have a couple of months to live. :agree: . on the last interview i seen he mentioned about supporters asking for his head. he replies. no the real supporters. who are you ?

Well, maybe just the lower west stand on match days, eh?

greenlex
02-04-2010, 09:22 PM

Who didnt give their all on Wednesday then?:confused:

500miles
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Get them telt Yogi. Panic merchants - and they have the cheek to call the players bottlers! Some of the fans who post such guff have never had the stomach for the fight when it comes to getting behind the team.

500miles
02-04-2010, 09:40 PM
'It's ok going forward'

I'd disagree with this. We don't create nearly enough chances or open teams up often enough. People who go to the games will know this ;)

Scored twice, Nish took the ball out too wide, hit the post, Riordan missed the rebound, Stokes skied it from a similar area to Swansons goal, Riordan took a couple of atrocious touches in promising situations.....and that's just quickly off the top of my head regarding Wednesday night. There was no lack of oppertunites then.

Toaods
02-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Who didnt give their all on Wednesday then?:confused:

probably half of them ..that allied to the fact we have others who do give their all but sadly that isn't remotely good enough for the standard we expect, never mind dream of.

greenlex
02-04-2010, 09:47 PM
probably half of them ..that allied to the fact we have others who do give their all but sadly that isn't remotely good enough for the standard we expect, never mind dream of.
Half? I will give you Stack and maybe miller for commitment on Wed (maybe Benji)the rest tried IMO. I agree wholeheartedly with the not being good enough comment.

Atalanta
02-04-2010, 10:34 PM
I feel the team over achieved earlier in the season given the fact that there are several problem areas such as right back, lightwight midfield, goalkeeper etc. This created the expectation of finishing third which now looks unlikely. If fans had been offered 4th or 5th place in the league with a place in Europe at the start of the season most of us would have jumped at it, particularly after the stuggle last season under Mixu.

Yogi is clearly hampered by the fact that he can't strengthen the team until the end of the season and as such he needs to try to get the best he can out of the current squad. While the recurring quote " the players have been wonderful for me this season" is starting to feel cringeworthy it is clear that player confidence is low at the moment and he has to be careful not to overly criticise players publicly otherwise he risks a further drop in confidence.

Next season will be the real test when we will see whether he does know how to reshape the team to make it better after he has had the summer to bring some new players in and let go those he feels are not up to it. By Christmas we will know whether Yogi is going to be a successful manager or not.

new malkyhib
02-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Comes across as very pragmatic in that interview and cannot see anything to suggest he is rattled in the slightest. I have total faith in the big man and have no doubt come the new season we will be a step closer to where he wants us to be. If a section of the support succeed in chasing out another manager from Hibs then we run the risk of being a club that no manager worth their salt will touch. We are not a club built on success so do not understand the venom towards the manager and team that sit 4th in the league at the moment albeit on a horrid run of form.

Manager bears the brunt of fans expectations which are at odds with the "always next year" mentality of the Board and a fair few on this board as well.

One of the reasons I don't post so much on here these days - too many mediocrity accepters on here.

degenerated
03-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Manager bears the brunt of fans expectations which are at odds with the "always next year" mentality of the Board and a fair few on this board as well.

One of the reasons I don't post so much on here these days - too many mediocrity accepters on here.

manager bears brunt of fans who demand instant success. the team that are ahead of us and in the position that we can realistically challenge for have had the opportunity of building team over a few years where they finished 5th the last couple of seasons iirc. is it just hibs managers that aren't allowed more than 8 months to build a team capable of doing that?

ChooseLife
03-04-2010, 01:10 AM
"I thought you're meant to be a friend of mine, asking that kind of question"

I'm certainly not calling for his head but I'm disliking him more every interview, the reporter sounded genuinely taken back when he said that, and I think the question needed to be asked and wasn't out of order in the slightest.

Billychaotic182
03-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Am with Yogi

SRHibs
03-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Anybody who doesn't think he's the man for the job isn't a TRUE fan?
Makes me think he's more of a tool with every word he speaks...

Auckland Hibs
03-04-2010, 03:43 AM
Am with Yogi

Can you ask him from me where his team from 2009 has gone?

bighairyfaeleith
03-04-2010, 05:50 AM

TBF if he worked for me and his work for two months was ****, I'd sack him. I wouldn't tolerate two days never mind two months so why is yogi?

As a side point and just out of curiosity, Can a footballer be sacked and under what terms?

Barney McGrew
03-04-2010, 06:16 AM

Aye, imagine answering a question about this weekend's opponents when he's asked it :rolleyes:

He'd have looked pretty stupid if he'd dug his heels in and refused to answer. One question that's not about Hibs in a seven minute interview isn't too much surely?

Fifer
03-04-2010, 06:26 AM
I'd say I'm a true fan.

At last someone talking sence. Lets all try and get behind yogi and the players, and do what supporters are meant to do. SUPPORT THEM.:notworthy:

Beefster
03-04-2010, 06:34 AM
I don't want him sacked but hate it when a manager uses the 'true fans agree with me' argument as if any dissenters aren't real fans with years of following and pumping large chunks of their wages into Hibs. It's patronising as a minimum.

I remember the same language when the Falkirk fans starting questioning him though.

northgreen24
03-04-2010, 06:36 AM
:thumbsup:

hibiedude
03-04-2010, 06:56 AM

Define the word true hibs fan :confused:

gorgie_harp
03-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Anybody who doesn't think he's the man for the job isn't a TRUE fan?
Makes me think he's more of a tool with every word he speaks...

:top marks:top marks.

Cropley10
03-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Is someone had said at the end of last season, would you take being in 3rd place so many points ahead of 4th , so many ahead of Hearts in January, later to be in the scottish cup QF against Ross County at home, only to see Dundee Utd go past you Motherwell hot on your heels, hearts catching you, beaten by Ross Country in the QF when half of the Old firm are out, beaten by st johnstone 5-1, rangers 4-1 and Dundee Utd 4-2 at home, and generally play very badly in January, february and March?

I wouldnt, I would be asking if we were in that position, what the hell happened for us to crumble like that!

Very good points. The Happy Clappers shout, give him time. The old Gloom & Doomers say, what the hell's going on.

Whether we now no longer have the players or the manager no longer can get what he wants out of them the fact is we are going backwards and have been for 2 months.

Whilst we're 4th now when you consider our bottom of the league form and our very poor record against the top 6 (3 wins - all of them against managers now gone) most Hibs fans I know aren't thinking it's all going to end well.

Yogi looks more and more like a man who thinks he knows what he's doing but quite obviously doesn't. Hope I'm wrong.

hibsbollah
03-04-2010, 08:04 AM
I don't want him sacked but hate it when a manager uses the 'true fans agree with me' argument as if any dissenters aren't real fans with years of following and pumping large chunks of their wages into Hibs. It's patronising as a minimum.

I remember the same language when the Falkirk fans starting questioning him though.

There shouldnt be a choice to be made between a) being 'behind' Yogi 100% and b) being aware that he is saying stupid things in the press on a regular basis, cant get his tactics or selection right or change things on the pitch at the moment.

You can be 'behind' someone and want them to do well and still know their failings.

Part/Time Supporter
03-04-2010, 08:30 AM

He can only respond that way if the critical fans aren't making any constructive criticism; all I see on here is "we're going backwards", "this cannot go on"....

:blah: :blah: :blah:

JCHibby
03-04-2010, 08:31 AM

Fantastic Interview!:agree::agree:

Hibbyradge
03-04-2010, 08:33 AM
We have already improved our points total since last year.

We will likely improve our final league placing.

We have already scored the same number of goals as we did last season.

We may well qualify for Europe.

Many of our performances, particularly of late, have been mediocre, at best.

However, our disappointment is no doubt amplified by the fact that our expectations were raised by the early season results.

Overall, there has been progress and Yogi deserves, and will get, more time and money to continue his work.

I don't know what Yogi means by "true fan", but the folk who want him sacked after only 10 months are unrealistic, to say the least.

hibsbollah
03-04-2010, 08:35 AM
He can only respond that way if the critical fans aren't making any constructive criticism; all I see on here is "we're going backwards", "this cannot go on"....

Is that really all you see on here? The poll the other day had support for Yogi at 77% or something:confused:

Part/Time Supporter
03-04-2010, 08:40 AM

However, our disappointment is no doubt amplified by the fact that our expectations were raised by the early season results.

Overall, there has been progress and Yogi deserves, and will get, more time and money to continue his work.

I don't know what Yogi means by "true fan", but the folk who want him sacked after only 10 months are unrealistic, to say the least.

I also think the reaction to the downturn is highly irrational.

Let's say Hibs sack Yogi. What do they then say to prospective new managers when they ask what the club's expectations are? They can't very well say "challenging for 3rd / Europe", when that's what Hibs have been doing this season. So they then say "clear in 3rd, winning cups". The candidate then asks what budget they're going to get. Answer: "erm, about 4th or 5th in the league". When can I start?

:rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
03-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Is that really all you see on here? The poll the other day had support for Yogi at 77% or something:confused:

From the critics, yes. It's unintelligent drivel.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 08:47 AM

Nail hit firmly on head. :top marks

bboy
03-04-2010, 08:48 AM
we need people in the stands to do there job and get behind the team when things are tough, and back yogi, lets show on sunday what it means to be to be a hibby:agree:

The Voice Of Reason
03-04-2010, 08:57 AM

Spot on sir :agree: :top marks

Toaods
03-04-2010, 09:10 AM

...sounds like you are only seeing what you want to see.

From the critics, yes. It's unintelligent drivel.

I think I've read one or two hundred posts questioning why we are letting a game slip or already losing and Galbraith isn't brought on to change the shape of the team and perhaps the gameas alragely misfiring midfield are once again being over run. But stubborn Yogi like his predecessor seems determined to use Galbraith as some sort of example of saying he makes the changes, etc.

what part of those quotes are unintelligent drivel?

Nothing wrong with a fan having an opinion on a player, nor posting it on here as it is for discussing team formations, tactics, players, managers, club finances.

I am quite clear who I like at the club and who I don't and my message to others like Papillion Vert who has received abuse is never be scared to post your opinion, if it ruffles the feathers of some other person then let them report your post if it's offensive or use the other two options.....stay off the thread or put the poster on IGNORE.

:cool2:

Part/Time Supporter
03-04-2010, 09:54 AM
...sounds like you are only seeing what you want to see.

I think I've read one or two hundred posts questioning why we are letting a game slip or already losing and Galbraith isn't brought on to change the shape of the team and perhaps the gameas alragely misfiring midfield are once again being over run. But stubborn Yogi like his predecessor seems determined to use Galbraith as some sort of example of saying he makes the changes, etc.

what part of those quotes are unintelligent drivel?

So that's what it amounts to? He should have given Danny Galbraith a bit more time on the pitch?

Funny that, I thought he was criticised after the Ross County home game for bringing Galbraith on for a more defensive type midfielder.

BEEJ
03-04-2010, 10:01 AM

:top marks :agree:

Toaods
03-04-2010, 10:21 AM
So that's what it amounts to? He should have given Danny Galbraith a bit more time on the pitch?

Funny that, I thought he was criticised after the Ross County home game for bringing Galbraith on for a more defensive type midfielder.

no it's certainly not what it amounts too but it's a glaring example of a whole host of stupid moves he's made.

your second paragraph merely emphasis yet another blunder.

here's another example of daft tinkering .... Kurtis Byrne... hypes him up, involves him here and there, bins him, puts him out on loan, recalls him, ignores him, brings him back into the squad but doesn;t play him when Stokes is reportedly carrying a knock.

here's another....Hogg...made him captain, hyped him up, dropped him brought him back in, had a screaming match with him after a heavy defeat, dropped him, brought him back, plays him through about of rapidly dwindling confidence.

Watch out tomorrow for the captain's leadership qualities shining through.
A punter near me called it right in midweek as Hogg lined up a free kick he piddled about placing the ball as all the United players got back into position then was unsure where to direct it. The punter asked(shouted) "what are you waiting on? just do what you've been doing for the last three years....launch it aimlessly."

Hanlon - granted he's currently carrying a strain but he's been in and out more times than a pervert in a sweetie shop.

Goalkeepers - perm any one from 2, even though we have another 3 twidling their thumbs.

Cregg - seemed to have been on a 6 month sabbatical, comes in out of the blue in midweek and performed well - expect him to be dropped tomorrow.

Thicot - not a right back but could have(in the punter's eyes) come in at rightback and done a job - ignored - eventually brought in when it had been obvious for a good few weeks Wotherspoon was needing a rest. the fact he's done quite well only makes it more frustarting Yogi waited too long.

Subbies (timing of and deployment) - less said the better.

Stokes and Deek - their body language says it all - utter frustration at the tactics, never mind the surface.

Nish - showed up well in patches but seems incapable of grafting for 90 minutes in a battle. I believe he gives it everything he's got but on occassions, looks absoluteky shot, yet Yogi leaves him on then hooks him when he is looking more paced to last the 90.

argghhhhh... had enough and the sun's out.....let's hope things click tomorrow.

Cabbage1875
03-04-2010, 10:51 AM

You're spot on here.

The same Falkirk fans who warned what would happen on another forum; who warned he would be stubborn with these tactics; have been proved to be right sadly.

I'm not in the Yogi out brigade but I have seen more than enough this season that makes me concerned for next.

500miles
03-04-2010, 10:53 AM
How can a true supporter be antagonistic and so full of vitriol against there own team after a spell of bad results in the wake of some great success?

There are those who were waiting for Yogi to fail.

There are those who took fright at the first sign of us having a wee fight on our hands.

There are those with entirely unrealistic expectations, who haven't been able to handle the clatter back to earth of the last few weeks.

I can't understand how any of the above can really be deemed a supporter. Yogi has said all along "the fans will have to be patient" and "they are going to have to trust me". and when he was saying all that during the good run, they were all nodding thier heads like a toy dog in the back of a car. Now that it's come to the crunch, they are the ones that will not back up thier words, not Yogi, and not the players. There are XI guys out there everyweek, with no, or incredibly fragile confidence, and they get no support from the stands. Well, to all the supporters to like to tell us how they can say what they like, and how them shouting abuse and anger, is down to passion, it's time for them to channel some of that passion into picking the team up, because they're struggling to find it within themselves.

There was not one slacker on that pitch on Wednesday night, not one. Even Derek Riordan put himself about as best he could - he knew the score. However, as soon as Utd. took the lead, that fragile confidence was shattered. The players passing was doubtful, too often the safe choice when the more deliberate pass could have started a move. Even the finishing - Nish will always get it in the neck, but a confident Nish would have slotted away the one he took wide. Derek Riordan probably wouldn't have miscontrolled those balls and knocked them away ahead of himself - in fact you could put your house on a confident Derek Riordan scoring from the rebound of Nish's shot.

What can the manager do? Not a lot to be honest - the team he picked and put out technically worked, until they lost confidence. On his own, he can only instill a flimsy sense of confidence, the kind that disappears so easily when you lose two goals and your lead, despite playing quite well. Could he put Galbraith on? Would you expose a young player, who is playing his first football for about 2 years, for the first time in the big team, to the fans at our ground? Fans who cannot wait to condemn thier own players regardless of age or experience? Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Stokes, they've had all the ***** at some point. Danny Swanson - the apparent saviour if you believe some folk - is playing consistantly for the first time, and he's 24 years old! Can Yogi place the same burden of expectation on a 19 year old's shoulders? I think he could make the difference in a lot of situations, but then again it isn't my job as manager to protect these youngsters.

So get behind the team against Celtic, if you're a real supporter, SUPPORT. If you're just someone who needs an outlet for your angry antagonism, stay at home, and listen to the radio or watch it on the telly - if you feel the need to watch it at all - and if you feel the need to abuse someone, theres always the wife, kids, household pets and the neighbours.

Cabbage1875
03-04-2010, 11:07 AM
How can a true supporter be antagonistic and so full of vitriol against there own team after a spell of bad results in the wake of some great success?

There are those who were waiting for Yogi to fail.

There are those who took fright at the first sign of us having a wee fight on our hands.

There are those with entirely unrealistic expectations, who haven't been able to handle the clatter back to earth of the last few weeks.

I can't understand how any of the above can really be deemed a supporter. Yogi has said all along "the fans will have to be patient" and "they are going to have to trust me". and when he was saying all that during the good run, they were all nodding thier heads like a toy dog in the back of a car. Now that it's come to the crunch, they are the ones that will not back up thier words, not Yogi, and not the players. There are XI guys out there everyweek, with no, or incredibly fragile confidence, and they get no support from the stands. Well, to all the supporters to like to tell us how they can say what they like, and how them shouting abuse and anger, is down to passion, it's time for them to channel some of that passion into picking the team up, because they're struggling to find it within themselves.

There was not one slacker on that pitch on Wednesday night, not one. Even Derek Riordan put himself about as best he could - he knew the score. However, as soon as Utd. took the lead, that fragile confidence was shattered. The players passing was doubtful, too often the safe choice when the more deliberate pass could have started a move. Even the finishing - Nish will always get it in the neck, but a confident Nish would have slotted away the one he took wide. Derek Riordan probably wouldn't have miscontrolled those balls and knocked them away ahead of himself - in fact you could put your house on a confident Derek Riordan scoring from the rebound of Nish's shot.

What can the manager do? Not a lot to be honest - the team he picked and put out technically worked, until they lost confidence. On his own, he can only instill a flimsy sense of confidence, the kind that disappears so easily when you lose two goals and your lead, despite playing quite well. Could he put Galbraith on? Would you expose a young player, who is playing his first football for about 2 years, for the first time in the big team, to the fans at our ground? Fans who cannot wait to condemn thier own players regardless of age or experience? Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Stokes, they've had all the ***** at some point. Danny Swanson - the apparent saviour if you believe some folk - is playing consistantly for the first time, and he's 24 years old! Can Yogi place the same burden of expectation on a 19 year old's shoulders? I think he could make the difference in a lot of situations, but then again it isn't my job as manager to protect these youngsters.

So get behind the team against Celtic, if you're a real supporter, SUPPORT. If you're just someone who needs an outlet for your angry antagonism, stay at home, and listen to the radio or watch it on the telly - if you feel the need to watch it at all - and if you feel the need to abuse someone, theres always the wife, kids, household pets and the neighbours.

Ah right. So I'm not a supporter if I go to all but one game this season, but in the last 3 or 4 months don't like what I've seen?

Toaods
03-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Sadly, the official website will confirm that despite having only three stands to fill, there are still plenty seats left for these perfect fans to go, if they haven't already got their season tickets, unlike the 'not real' fans....:confused:

degenerated
03-04-2010, 11:13 AM
You're spot on here.

The same Falkirk fans who warned what would happen on another forum; who warned he would be stubborn with these tactics; have been proved to be right sadly.

I'm not in the Yogi out brigade but I have seen more than enough this season that makes me concerned for next.

did these same falkirk fans predict their imminent relegation when he left, doubt it

Cabbage1875
03-04-2010, 11:19 AM
did these same falkirk fans predict their imminent relegation when he left, doubt it
No, they say they should have been relegated last season under Yogi's tenure, actually.

greenlex
03-04-2010, 11:21 AM
No, they say they should have been relegated last season under Yogi's tenure, actually.
I bet they wish they had him back now though.

degenerated
03-04-2010, 11:23 AM

they also said kevin mcbride was rank, so really i think we have established that anything they say has to be treated with a ratherl arge pinch of salt.

500miles
03-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Ah right. So I'm not a supporter if I go to all but one game this season, but in the last 3 or 4 months don't like what I've seen?

No, I don't like what I've seen either. But I don't make foul mouthed, poorly considered, uneducated attacks on the team, and make stupid, irrational calls for the head of a manager who has warned us of exactly what was coming.

hibiedude
03-04-2010, 11:33 AM

Like yourself I'll support Hibs till my dying day and the happy clappers on this site can say what they like.

I think they want us to pay our money at the gate and keep our traps shut :faf:

They say we are all waiting for Yogi to fail but the facts are its the happy clappers who are desperate for Hibs to win not because it mite be a turning point in the remainder of the season’ but so they can come on the site and tell us how they knew all along Yogi was the man and they never doubted it for a second.

Some fans actually think they are better supporter because they never criticize the club' now how sad is that :bitchy:

whiskyhibby
03-04-2010, 11:39 AM
:agree: I'm with Yogi.

Us TRUE fans need to stick together.

Absolutely..................:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reaper
03-04-2010, 11:40 AM

I agree 100%

Cabbage1875
03-04-2010, 11:41 AM
they also said kevin mcbride was rank, so really i think we have established that anything they say has to be treated with a ratherl arge pinch of salt.

He had a great start to the season, but he hasnt been great since he came back from injury. Might be down to that injury or might be down to the fact that players will get a boost when they first move to another club. We'll see next season though, I guess.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Like yourself I'll support Hibs till my dying day and the happy clappers on this site can say what they like.

I think they want us to pay our money at the gate and keep our traps shut :faf:

They say we are all waiting for Yogi to fail but the facts are its the happy clappers who are desperate for Hibs to win not because it mite be a turning point in the remainder of the season’ but so they can come on the site and tell us how they knew all along Yogi was the man and they never doubted it for a second.

Some fans actually think they are better supporter because they never criticize the club' now how sad is that :bitchy:

Well i know you are not talking about me, in that comment.:greengrin Perhaps those that are not having a pop at the moment, think its way too early to be slaughtering the manager, when A, we are doing better than last season, or the season before. And B we have a new man in charge, only 8 months into his job?

500miles
03-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Well i know you are not talking about me, in that comment.:greengrin Perhaps those that are not having a pop at the moment, think its way too early to be slaughtering the manager, when A, we are doing better than last season, or the season before. And B we have a new man in charge, only 8 months into his job?

Exactly.

keep the faith
03-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Well done Yogi.

Our fans have been a disgrace recently. I have kept it to myself the last few days, but I think we are among the worst fans in the league at the moment. We sit on our hands only coming to life to critisise and shout abuse.

Yes the football we are playing is awful, Yes the players need to look at themselves, yes yogi needs to look at how he is setting the team up. We also need to look at ourselves.

Take Nish for instance. IMO not nearly good enough and I would never start with him. However he is playing and giving him pelters throughout the game is never going to make him improve. It simply has him even more rattled. Same applies to the other 10 on the pitch. You can see it a mile off. If I was Nish I wouldnt even want to come out on the field at the moment.

Its time to pull together here. We are first to pat ourselves on the back for being wonderful supporteres when the going is good. Now its time to accept we are not helping and get behind the team. The close season will bring changes for the better. I am sure of that.

Keep the faith!

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Yogi looks more and more like a man who thinks he knows what he's doing but quite obviously doesn't. Hope I'm wrong.

hstn747
03-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Just because the website won't allow me to post new threads, Grant Stott on Radio Scotland Off The Ball just now.

Lot's of Hibs chat, taking the piss out of the Old Firm and Grant asking Richard Gordon why Preston gets so many of our games. Stuart & Tam say they're going to do a wee special on Prestons orgasmic open all mic moments.

Perhaps someone could be kind enough to move this to a new thread?

Cheers

IWasThere2016
03-04-2010, 12:32 PM
He looks pretty rattled there! Stupid thing to say IMO, he should have said something like "well it encourages me to prove them wrong"

:agree: He handled that all wrong IMHO. "I thought you were ma pal Brian" - WTF!?!

Here's what he said a year ago when asked about Bairns' fans' criticisms

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2009/05/25/manager-q-a-john-hughes-86908-21387506/

Q: You have had some criticism from Falkirk fans recently. What is your reaction to that?

A: The Falkirk supporters know what this club means to me - I don't have to explain it to any of them

So why have a go at Hibs fans this year? :confused:

keep the faith
03-04-2010, 12:40 PM
:agree: He handled that all wrong IMHO. "I thought you were ma pal Brian" - WTF!?!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2009/05/25/manager-q-a-john-hughes-86908-21387506/

Q: You have had some criticism from Falkirk fans recently. What is your reaction to that?

A: The Falkirk supporters know what this club means to me - I don't have to explain it to any of them

Because we are out of order and not giving the guy time.

EasterRoad4Ever
03-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Hughes is a clown. All he had to do was admit that the team is a work in progress and that he needs to bring in some players who will bring a better balance to side. We get dominated by more physical sides and rely too heavily on our talented strikers getting goals out of the blue. He could also be talking a lot more about the style of football he'd like Hibs to play and ideal formation.

But no, he harps on week after week about
the boys being great for me this season,
I've got goals in my team,
it's not good enough,

And now he's getting ultra defensive when quite reasonable questions are asked about the collapse in performance over the last 3 months. Critcising the fans is a sign of desperation and ill-advised. He will just alienate more and more fans, when what he should be doing is sorting out his shambles of a Hibs team, and making some right decisions.

I'm starting to think this guy isn't going to get through 2010 let along another season. But as we all know, he's destined for bigger jobs than Hibs :wink:

IWasThere2016
03-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Because we are out of order and not giving the guy time.

Then all he had to say was it will take time, fans need to be patient etc .. Why embarrass himself that way?

I've been interviewed on the wireless and asked loaded questions - once you bite you got asked more. Either on the same occasion or the next. Alasdair Lamont did it and got a reaction. So cue Brian McLaughlin .. they'll be queueing up if our form continues and a seasoned manager should know better IMHO

marinello59
03-04-2010, 01:10 PM

He let his diplomatic guard slip for a moment.:dunno:

A mistake for sure, not really a hanging offence.

bingo70
03-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Then all he had to say was it will take time, fans need to be patient etc .. Why embarrass himself that way?

I've been interviewed on the wireless and asked loaded questions - once you bite you got asked more. Either on the same occasion or the next. Alasdair Lamont did it and got a reaction. So cue Brian McLaughlin .. they'll be queueing up if our form continues and a seasoned manager should know better IMHO

Because some fans need to be told they're being out of order.

The sheer venom being shown towards our own team is out of control these days IMO.

Westie1875
03-04-2010, 01:13 PM

He has said that a million times already, I don't think he embarrassed himself at all. He turned it back round on the reporter and made him feel uncomfortable (you could tell that by the expression on Yogi's face).

As for having a go at the fans, he made one comment and was quite entitled to when you consider the OTT abuse (quite often personal) that has been directed at him and the team from some of these people recently.

IWasThere2016
03-04-2010, 01:14 PM

The sheer venom being shown towards our own team is out of control these days IMO.

Not sure it is 'sheer venom' but the reactions on match days are OTT.

I will never understand abusing the team during the 90 mins. Afterwards I have no issue with it.

IWasThere2016
03-04-2010, 01:15 PM
He has said that a million times already, I don't think he embarrassed himself at all. He turned it back round on the reporter and made him feel uncomfortable (you could tell that by the expression on Yogi's face).

As for having a go at the fans, he made one comment and was quite entitled to when you consider the OTT abuse (quite often personal) that has been directed at him and the team from some of these people recently.

As I say he'll just get this time and time again IMHO

Westie1875
03-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Not sure it is 'sheer venom' but the reactions on match days are OTT.

I will never understand abusing the team during the 90 mins. Afterwards I have no issue with it.

It is, some of the stuff coming from fans in the stands at the moment is pure poison and it starts as soon as the 1st minute. :bitchy:

bighairyfaeleith
03-04-2010, 01:27 PM

I just don't see this venom??

What I see is fans voicing some very real concerns. Nothing wrong with that.

bingo70
03-04-2010, 01:30 PM

If your going to the games i'm surprised you don't see or hear it

Look at the stick Nish was getting on wednesday or Rankin gets almost every week, way over the top IMO, the stick they were getting was similar to that you'd expect a hearts player to get.

greenlex
03-04-2010, 01:35 PM

Look at the stick Nish was getting on wednesday or Rankin gets almost every week, way over the top IMO, the stick they were getting was similar to that you'd expect a hearts player to get.
In some cases its worse. :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
03-04-2010, 01:39 PM

maybe just where I sit but I haven't seen it get any worse than it normally is during the game. Wasn't at dundee utd game so can't speak about that.

Bottom line is though, if the team just showed some will to win the fans would return that effort ten fold.

Barney McGrew
03-04-2010, 01:42 PM

With respect, you're obviously not listening too hard or reading too many posts on here then.

Nish, Hogg and Rankin for instance have all been subject of dogs abuse from some in our support over the course of this season, in some cases before the game has even kicked off. And some of the flak that's been fired their way by posters on here is way, way over the top.

bingo70
03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
maybe just where I sit but I haven't seen it get any worse than it normally is during the game. Wasn't at dundee utd game so can't speak about that.

Bottom line is though, if the team just showed some will to win the fans would return that effort ten fold.

fair enough, IMO it's been worse than it previously has been so we'll just need to agree to disagree on that front.

as for the not having the will to win, i'll disagree with that as well, i think it's a combination of lack of confidence and a lot of players just not being good enough, i don't think it's got anything to do with lack of effort or will to win though.

bighairyfaeleith
03-04-2010, 01:46 PM
With respect, you're obviously not listening too hard or reading too many posts on here then.

Nish, Hogg and Rankin for instance have all been subject of dogs abuse from some in our support over the course of this season, in some cases before the game has even kicked off. And some of the flak that's been fired their way by posters on here is way, way over the top.

yeah but slating a player on a forum is quite different to shouting abuse at him during the game. I often slat nish and rankin on this site, it helps to vent my fury at having to watch them pretend to play football every week.

Also, what level is this abuse at, if I see nish fall on his arse I'll turn round to my mates and ahem, comment on it. I don't go running down to pitchside and shout it out at him. Is this venom or are you talking about the odd nutter who spend the entire game shouting about everything under the sun??

Billychaotic182
03-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Well done Yogi.

Our fans have been a disgrace recently. I have kept it to myself the last few days, but I think we are among the worst fans in the league at the moment. We sit on our hands only coming to life to critisise and shout abuse.

Yes the football we are playing is awful, Yes the players need to look at themselves, yes yogi needs to look at how he is setting the team up. We also need to look at ourselves.

Take Nish for instance. IMO not nearly good enough and I would never start with him. However he is playing and giving him pelters throughout the game is never going to make him improve. It simply has him even more rattled. Same applies to the other 10 on the pitch. You can see it a mile off. If I was Nish I wouldnt even want to come out on the field at the moment.

Its time to pull together here. We are first to pat ourselves on the back for being wonderful supporteres when the going is good. Now its time to accept we are not helping and get behind the team. The close season will bring changes for the better. I am sure of that.

Keep the faith!

Barney McGrew
03-04-2010, 01:58 PM
yeah but slating a player on a forum is quite different to shouting abuse at him during the game. I often slat nish and rankin on this site, it helps to vent my fury at having to watch them pretend to play football every week.

Also, what level is this abuse at, if I see nish fall on his arse I'll turn round to my mates and ahem, comment on it. I don't go running down to pitchside and shout it out at him. Is this venom or are you talking about the odd nutter who spend the entire game shouting about everything under the sun??

I think it's been pretty evident that the abuse coming from the stands has got steadily worse, and more vocal and evident as the season has gone on - I would doubt that anyone hasn't heard someone giving the team on the park some over the top abuse at some point in the last few home games. The three I mentioned earlier were even getting pelters at the games even when we were doing well FFS.

For the record, I don't have an issue at all with players being discussed on messageboards after the games, but for many it's not any kind of constructive criticism, it's just abuse. How many times have you seen Colin Nish referred to as Colin Pish on here for example? Why is there the need for that? It's just unneccessary and over the top.

People who either go down that route on here, or shouting at them during the game need to ask themselves what benefit there is in them doing it. It's not going to make them play any better and it's not going encourage them to raise their game. All it's going to do is shatter their confidence further.

smurf
03-04-2010, 02:03 PM
He let his diplomatic guard slip for a moment.:dunno:

A mistake for sure, not really a hanging offence.

He started the process last week with his "Faceless wonders" remark.

500miles
03-04-2010, 02:19 PM

*****, the team showed plenty of will to win early in the season when we had to grind out results, and ER has been like a morgue.

shamo9
03-04-2010, 02:35 PM
We've tried forcing a manger's head before and yet those same people are still unhappy. Why not try a different approach?

One of the reasons I dislike modern football is the need by a quite vocal group for instant gratification with individual flair in abundance (or was that money, I forget). What you need is a great team, and to build a team you need time. Martin O'Neil, Walter Smith, Craig Levein, heck, even the much maligned Calderwood managed a measure of success with time in Scotland(third, last 16 of UEFA against Bayern Munich!) Weren't a lot of us laughing at their delusions of grandeur when the fans ripped into him because it wasn't good enough?

We know there's a culture problem at E.R, everyone here reads all about it, why not give someone long enough to actually correct it? It becomes a vicious cycle where every manager we get needs a period to evaluate the problems -and the problems are not always so transparent on field (attitude, vices) - and before he ever gets to complete that we start all over again with a new one, hoping beyond hope for a magic wand labelled the 'Hibs' way'.

Do Hibs fans actually want our situation to improve? Einstein had it right when he said - 'Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

Sauzee, Collins, Mixu - hell, I'll even argue that, without any money, even Williamson began to build something akin to a very exciting team. Riordan, O'Connor, Dobbie, Thomson, Brown, Whittaker, Glass, Smith, Murray, Caldwell were all nurtured in a period of continuity where they could form a bond, learn and improve without constant pressure. How much of that was actually down to Williamson or just simply giving the club a couple of seasons to grow is pretty evident to me at least. Mowbray only really needed to add a couple (Murphy, Boozy), point them in the right direction and not rock the boat.

Changing managers prematurely has gotten us into this mess, it won't get us out of it, just waste more time and money we don't have.

Cabbage1875
03-04-2010, 02:54 PM
We've tried forcing a manger's head before and yet those same people are still unhappy. Why not try a different approach?

One of the reasons I dislike modern football is the need by a quite vocal group for instant gratification with individual flair in abundance (or was that money, I forget). What you need is a great team, and to build a team you need time. Martin O'Neil, Walter Smith, Craig Levein, heck, even the much maligned Calderwood managed a measure of success with time in Scotland(third, last 16 of UEFA against Bayern Munich!) Weren't a lot of us laughing at their delusions of grandeur when the fans ripped into him because it wasn't good enough?

We know there's a culture problem at E.R, everyone here reads all about it, why not give someone long enough to actually correct it? It becomes a vicious cycle where every manager we get needs a period to evaluate the problems -and the problems are not always so transparent on field (attitude, vices) - and before he ever gets to complete that we start all over again with a new one, hoping beyond hope for a magic wand labelled the 'Hibs' way'.

Do Hibs fans actually want our situation to improve? Einstein had it right when he said - 'Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

Sauzee, Collins, Mixu - hell, I'll even argue that, without any money, even Williamson began to build something akin to a very exciting team. Riordan, O'Connor, Dobbie, Thomson, Brown, Whittaker, Glass, Smith, Murray, Caldwell were all nurtured in a period of continuity where they could form a bond, learn and improve without constant pressure. How much of that was actually down to Williamson or just simply giving the club a couple of seasons to grow is pretty evident to me at least. Mowbray only really needed to add a couple (Murphy, Boozy), point them in the right direction and not rock the boat.

Changing managers prematurely has gotten us into this mess, it won't get us out of it, just waste more time and money we don't have.

Your Einstein quote can be applied to Yogi's tactics, perversely :greengrin

matty_f
03-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I don't think it was the smartest thing to call folk calling for his head not "true supporters".

A more adequate description would have been "******ing idiots."

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't think it was the smartest thing to call folk calling for his head not "true supporters".

:faf::faf::faf::top marks

Hibeebor
03-04-2010, 03:07 PM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2009/05/25/manager-q-a-john-hughes-86908-21387506/ (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2009/05/25/manager-q-a-john-hughes-86908-21387506/)

Because Falkirk were (and still are) battling for their lives in this division, and so maybe his criticism was warrented. Hibs on the other hand have improved upon our last couple of seasons, only 10 months into Hughes taking the reigns. The current form is pretty terrible, but anyone calling for any Hibs managers head while sitting in fourth in the league and improving on previous seasons are completely off their heads...

sadtom
03-04-2010, 03:24 PM
'Mon the yogi!

Spot on.

Some of the wannabe manager know-alls on here make me laugh.

Lets stick with yogi and build something over 3,4,5 years.
We've had a mixed season but we are ahead of schedule i'd say.

Eaststand
03-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Well done Yogi.

Keep the faith!

Agreed 100% ktf and i've still yet to hear a sensible post from one of these critical experts to let us all know how booing and slagging off the players in our team at games is goni help the players improve

GGTTH

Eaststand
03-04-2010, 03:41 PM

Maye you could do us all a favour and contact Yogi to offer to give him some tips from your experiences of handling loaded questions on the radio (wireless) as he does come over slightly raw at times during interviews so maybe he can learn from you

GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Agreed 100% ktf and i've still yet to hear a sensible post from one of these critical experts to let us all know how booing and slagging off the players in our team at games is goni help the players improve

GGTTH

They'll be working on a paper to be printed in all the well known psychology journals, as they have stumbled on something that has eluded the experts for years.

I can just imagine the noise as they gather round the word processor. "Dinnae be such a *****in arse ah telt ye, justify, justify right. Aw ***** ye've missed that *****ing apostrophe again, ya *****in monkey. Dinnae get cheekie wee me ah pey yer wages".

We'll be laughing on the other side of our faces when they are raking in the cash.

BEEJ
03-04-2010, 03:47 PM

GGTTH
You're assuming then that the critics on this Board are all people that give the players abuse at matches? Each and every one of them? Or even the vast majority of them?

Not true.

bighairyfaeleith
03-04-2010, 03:57 PM
You're assuming then that the critics on this Board are all people that give the players abuse at matches? Each and every one of them? Or even the vast majority of them?

Not true.

well said :agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 04:03 PM

Not true.

You are probably right. What i find a little strange, is we have some who criticise the team for not giving 100%, i would guess some of those are the ones who are giving out the stick. If i'm right, do you see the irony there?

Eaststand
03-04-2010, 04:11 PM
They'll be working on a paper to be printed in all the well known psychology journals, as they have stumbled on something that has eluded the experts for years.

I can just imagine the noise as they gather round the word processor. "Dinnae be such a *****in arse ah telt ye, justify, justify right. Aw ***** ye've missed that *****ing apostrophe again, ya *****in monkey. Dinnae get cheekie wee me ah pey yer wages".

We'll be laughing on the other side of our faces when they are raking in the cash.

Very good FR
I'm fairly new to hibs.net, but I'm defo not new to supporting my team and Hibs are the main reason for my grey hair!!
Your posts are usually pretty good and you talk a lot of sense in most of them. But for my reply, lets simplify things a bit to get to my starting point, and put us Hibbies into 2 main categories while we're at games.

We all love our club, and always want to do well, thats got to be the common ground that we all have. But from that there's a split, cos there are those who encourage the team by cheering the team on , and then those who slag the players, (throw pies at players FFS), and boo the team.
What puzzles me is how the fk does anybody who slags the players off expect that to make the guy play any better..
I think there are about 4 or 5 in our team who I'd drive out of ER to the club of their choice, just to see the back of them. But when they play, I aint goni slag them off, cos maybe, just maybe, they'll do something that wins a game for us, or play a 50/50 pass that leads to some-one else scoring...BUT if they're getting a slagging, they're goni hide on the park, and when the ball comes their way, they're goni want to get rid of it asap, and that's where most of our players are right now

Yep, some of them are crap, but until we move them on, we're stuck with them eh

GGTTH

Eaststand
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM

Not true.
Am I really ? nah, you're wrong there bud

BEEJ
03-04-2010, 05:24 PM

GGTTH

Not true.

Am I really ? nah, you're wrong there bud
So why would a 'critic' on this Board seek to justify the appalling behaviour of these so-called fans at Hibs matches, as suggested in your post above? Why should that be an expectation?

Only if you regarded them as being one and the same.

BEEJ
03-04-2010, 05:26 PM
You are probably right. What i find a little strange, is we have some who criticise the team for not giving 100%, i would guess some of those are the ones who are giving out the stick. If i'm right, do you see the irony there?
If you're right, I certainly do.

Speedway
03-04-2010, 06:29 PM

Except he didn't say that, did he?

marinello59
03-04-2010, 06:42 PM

He fell in to another journalists trap there. Unfortunate. Not the end of the world though.
I don't really care much what the manager says whether result are good or bad. Generally everybody plays the game and trots out the same old cliches. The reaction to a couple of unguarded remarks shows that the same old cliches is exactly what we deserve, honesty just seems to offend some of the more sensitive souls out there.

Toaods
03-04-2010, 07:08 PM
the same old cliches is exactly what we deserve, honesty just seems to offend some of the more sensitive souls out there.

like the Celtic Board?

Mowbray ; "we have some good young defenders but having lost the opening goal and then another, I made changes to chase the game. You have to if you want to get back in. In doing so I left the young guys who are not all that experienced a bit exposed, but I am the manager and that is how I set my team sout to play... to attempt to win the game."

or

Yogi " (blah, blah, blah straight out of the Mixu scriptwriters ' it's not my fault' match summary annual)"

marinello59
03-04-2010, 07:21 PM
like the Celtic Board?

Mowbray ; "we have some good young defenders but having lost the opening goal and then another, I made changes to chase the game. You have to if you want to get back in. In doing so I left the young guys who are not all that experienced a bit exposed, but I am the manager and that is how I set my team sout to play... to attempt to win the game."

or

Yogi " (blah, blah, blah straight out of the Mixu scriptwriters ' it's not my fault' match summary annual)"

How did Mowbrays comments go down with the best supporters in the world?

Did Mixu's scripwriters also provide Yogi's words when we were doing well because I can't remember anybody saying that at the time?

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2010, 07:51 PM

:aok: I think he done well to hold himself back.

Toaods
03-04-2010, 08:10 PM
How did Mowbrays comments go down with the best supporters in the world?

Did Mixu's scripwriters also provide Yogi's words when we were doing well because I can't remember anybody saying that at the time?

on Mowbray - that was in reference to your point that 'honesty offends some of the more sensitive souls out there' The unwashed hordes hated reading and hearing it, even though it was bang on the mark. The media, fans and the board knew that no matter how nice a guy you are, it's a results business and start losing regular you will be dumped.

I can't remember Mixu winning many games but we all knew something stank, it only took time for it to develop enough for others to cotton on. I sense the same path being trodden again.

johnrebus
03-04-2010, 08:18 PM

Well, with that sort of language, it certainly will not be a newspaper from the DC Thomson empire.

Shocking.

:rolleyes:

marinello59
03-04-2010, 08:23 PM
on Mowbray - that was in reference to your point that 'honesty offends some of the more sensitive souls out there' The unwashed hordes hated reading and hearing it, even though it was bang on the mark. The media, fans and teh board knew that no matter how nice a guy you are, it's a results business and start losing regular you will be dumped.
I can't remember Mixu winning many games but we all knew something stank, it only took time for it to develop enough for others to cotton on. I sense the same path being trodden again.

That's where I agree with you and also why I don't place too much empasis on what the manager says.

Obviously I won't agree with you about the same path being followed with Yogi as with Mixu. I think we will look back on the season as a whole and say it was acceptable. (Although for a while it appeared it could be exceptional.That raised expectations and makes the current run harder to bear) The last few weeks have been painful, nobody can deny that. I do think that Yogi knows where the problems lie and can sort it out though. (We can agree to disagree about that.:greengrin)

samlawriehfclfc
03-04-2010, 09:09 PM
yeh im with yogi too but if hibs play poor well obv your gonna take a tantrum or something:top marks