PDA

View Full Version : Nish over Benji

THEMENTALHIBEE
02-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Why is yogi playing Nish over Benji when Benji is clearly better wen benji came on4 nish he had 15 mins to prove hes better than nish and he done it

But i don't think he can play worse than nish

And whats that thing with Benji wen he comes on and hops

houston1875
02-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Why is yogi playing Nish over Benji when Benji is clearly better wen benji came on4 nish he had 15 mins to prove hes better than nish and he done it

think he has a stone in his shoe?

Disco Dave
02-04-2010, 06:10 PM
He hops because it's the Chinese year of the rabbit, and this is what Benji believes he was in a past life.

davym7062
02-04-2010, 06:11 PM
every time we bring benji on the game is over these days.
he's 3 times the footballer nish is imo

steakbake
02-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Before he became a footballer, he was a pirate of the Barbary Coast. Since then, he's regrown his peg leg but has not yet got out of the habit of hopping into battle.

houston1875
02-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Before he became a footballer, he was a pirate of the Barbary Coast. Since then, he's regrown his peg leg but has not yet got out of the habit of hopping into battle.

A Corsair u say?

hibsbollah
02-04-2010, 07:02 PM

Nonsense:grr:

As a small boy growing up in Morocco he would practice day and night with his beloved ball learning the skills that would one day earn him an international call-up. As a result he didnt have many friends. His closest friend was a one-legged frog who lived by the side of the road. His celebration is a tribute to that frog. FACT. END OF.

Lang Toun Hibs
02-04-2010, 07:11 PM
This is nonsense...Benji isn't even close to being as good as he thinks he is...I for one hope not to see him at Easter Road next season. He's been given an additional chance this year that I don't believe he deserved after last summer's carry-on.

As for Nish, he's got far more to his game than Benji and he offers something different that we don't have amongst the strikers at the club. I can't believe he gets the stick he does from his 'own' fans.

An Leargaidh
02-04-2010, 07:11 PM
every time we bring benji on the game is over these days.
he's 3 times the footballer nish is imo

Yeah, I've actually started calling him Benchi, cause that's where he always starts each match, and thinking of getting a shirt printed up with that on it :greengrin

houston1875
02-04-2010, 07:15 PM

As a small boy growing up in Morocco he would practice day and night with his beloved ball learning the skills that would one day earn him an international call-up. As a result he didnt have many friends. His closest friend was a one-legged frog who lived by the side of the road. His celebration is a tribute to that frog. FACT. END OF.

....plz tell me yer having a giraffe?

:faf:

essexhibee
02-04-2010, 07:18 PM
This is nonsense...Benji isn't even close to being as good as he thinks he is...I for one hope not to see him at Easter Road next season. He's been given an additional chance this year that I don't believe he deserved after last summer's carry-on.

As for Nish, he's got far more to his game than Benji and he offers something different that we don't have amongst the strikers at the club. I can't believe he gets the stick he does from his 'own' fans.

No THAT is nonsense. Colin Nish is pish, he offers nothing but a pathetic touch and is a complete donkey. He is rubbish even playing the target man. Whats the point of him if you cant even play the ball up to him? Benji when he wants to be is a class act, 5 times the player than nish and i would say, when playing at his best is better than riordan. I would rather have a half interested benji than nish on anyday, utter disgrace to the jersey. Him and stokes up front please.

houston1875
02-04-2010, 07:20 PM
No THAT is nonsense. Colin Nish is pish, he offers nothing but a pathetic touch and is a complete donkey. He is rubbish even playing the target man. Whats the point of him if you cant even play the ball up to him? Benji when he wants to be is a class act, 5 times the player than nish and i would say, when playing at his best is better than riordan. I would rather have a half interested benji than nish on anyday, utter disgrace to the jersey. Him and stokes up front please.

utter disgrace to the jersey,bit strong eh?

Lang Toun Hibs
02-04-2010, 07:23 PM
We'll need to agree to disagree...what has Benji done to merit this status? 2 goals in the cup final a few years ago? Sorry he has never done enough to justify being at Hibs for me...

As for disgrace to the jersey...that's just ridiculous.

hibsbollah
02-04-2010, 07:23 PM
....plz tell me yer having a giraffe?

:faf:

A giraffe could be involved, I dunno. The northernmost range of the species is southern Mali, a few hundred miles from Morocco, so it seems a bit doubtful. Ive heard stranger things though:greengrin

1875godsgift
02-04-2010, 07:30 PM
A giraffe could be involved, I dunno. The northernmost range of the species is southern Mali, a few hundred miles from Morocco, so it seems a bit doubtful. Ive heard stranger things though:greengrin
Nonsense! :grr:

Having been to West Midlands Safari Park on many occasions I can categorically state that I have never seen a giraffe hop. I doubt they can.
FACT.
END OF.

madabouthibs
02-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I dunno what Benji ever did to deserve any praise from here.
Yogi probably sees a much better attitude from Nish during training, if Benji's contribution to any game he plays is anything to go by.

However, I would like to see Benji start a match, just ot find out if he really is as good as some people make him out to be.

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 08:04 PM

I didn't know what to think when I read the thread title. :dizzy:

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 08:53 PM
He hops because it's the Chinese year of the rabbit, and this is what Benji believes he was in a past life.

:faf: Oh well....at least Benji he is making more sense than some of the clowns on here who want Yogi out ! :agree: :duck:

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Nonsense! :grr:

Having been to West Midlands Safari Park on many occasions I can categorically state that I have never seen a giraffe hop. I doubt they can.
FACT.
END OF.

Speak to The Quiet Man - he will have some contacts (secret ones like) who will either confirm or deny that for you :agree: :devil:

Rossco442
02-04-2010, 08:55 PM
We'll need to agree to disagree...what has Benji done to merit this status? 2 goals in the cup final a few years ago? Sorry he has never done enough to justify being at Hibs for me...

As for disgrace to the jersey...that's just ridiculous.

You answered your own question there. What has Nish done of a similar vein?

"Not fit to wear the jersey". Might be a bit harsh but not far off it IMO. How many times has Nish been sent off, costing the team? Or mouthing at a ref? Or smoking on George Street outside a nightclub at 2am? Benji is 10 times the man and skilful player Nish is.

IMO

hibeenicol
02-04-2010, 09:33 PM
At least Nish wants to be at hibs. Benjin would be off if anyone else wanted him, it took us to get him back from wherever he was in the summer.
Me personally would'nt of had him back. And for what its worth I also think Nish is a better player.

500miles
02-04-2010, 09:44 PM
If you look at the goals we score when Nish is playing I think that you will find that the big man is involved in the vast majority of them. He also provides the only physical presence outwith the back 4. Simple.

500miles
02-04-2010, 09:46 PM

"Not fit to wear the jersey". Might be a bit harsh but not far off it IMO. How many times has Nish been sent off, costing the team? Or mouthing at a ref? Or smoking on George Street outside a nightclub at 2am? Benji is 10 times the man and skilful player Nish is.

IMO

Benji is 10 times the man aye? You know them both personally? It's when people post this pish that you get the feeling they don't have an opinion worth any more than you're derision and contempt.

Atalanta
02-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Nish is one of the poorest centre forwards Hibs have had. For a big guy he always comes off second best in a physical challenge with defenders, he has the touch of an elephant, can't time a jump for a header and doesn't have the ability to consistently hit the target on a one to one with goalkeepers. For someone that has has played as many games as he has this season his scoring record is abysmal. In recent games it is noticable that he tends to take the huff as soon as a decision goes against him. Instead of just getting on with the game you see him moaning at the referee or having a sly go at opponents. This lack of professionalism is what has got him sent off twice this season.

Benji is far from the perfect centre forward but he did more in 15 minutes on Tuesday than Nish did in 75. Benji was able to bring the ball under control and bring others into play, something that Nish rarely achieves. It is a pity that it wasn't Benji that got the two chances either side of half time that Nish had. I'm sure at least one would have been scored.

houston1875
02-04-2010, 10:12 PM

IMO

Oh dear smoking outside a club at 2am..the shame!!! :faf:

Look at what some players get up to with the liquor/drugs?

Vialli smoked 40 a day? Cryuff smoked? didnae do them any harm,you think if he stopped smoking and be in bed by 10pm he would be scoring more?

Jonnyboy
02-04-2010, 10:58 PM

Therein lies the conundrum that is Abdessalam Benjeloun

Sloppy
02-04-2010, 11:07 PM
are yous lot having a laugh?! its clearly superstition (sp?) and use lot saying its for his past life as a rabbit, cumon get a grip

:greengrin

Allant1981
02-04-2010, 11:17 PM
if it was up to me i wouldnt have either of them playing, both for different reasons, Nish - cant jump, cant run very fast, doesnt score anywhere near enough goals for a guy who has played most of the season
Benji - Wouldnt play him as he doesnt want to play for the club. He has the potential to be a really good player but it wont be at hibs.

rossi
03-04-2010, 03:07 AM
Don't really understand why people can't praise Benji without having a go at Nish.
Some of the comments here are unbelievable: but why have a whipping boy and not whip him.
IMHO Hughes will always pick Nish ahead of Benji because he knows he'll put in a shift and not hide, even when things aren't going for him. His confidence is shot to f*** at present; can't think why.:yawn:

James Connolly
03-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Really can't be doing with this "he's one of us and at least he tries"!!

Colin Nish is a travesty of a football player; he stands 6' 3" and jumps 5' FFS, no pace, can't hold it up, doesn't score very many, can't pass the ball...at least he's a Hibbee though!:bitchy:

Hibercelona
03-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Nish should stay away from the fags! That's his problem! :bitchy:

boomtownhibby
08-04-2010, 10:35 AM

IMO

do you know both men personally ?

RIP
08-04-2010, 10:43 AM
No THAT is nonsense. Colin Nish is pish, he offers nothing but a pathetic touch and is a complete donkey. He is rubbish even playing the target man. Whats the point of him if you cant even play the ball up to him? I would rather have a half interested benji than nish on anyday, utter disgrace to the jersey. Him and stokes up front please.

Away and bile yer heid ya numpty - what an offensive nasty little post

It's not Colin who is not Hibs Class mate - it is you!!

Allant1981
08-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Away and bile yer heid ya numpty - what an offensive nasty little post

It's not Colin who is not Hibs Class mate - it is you!!

Have to agree with him, he defo isnt the type of player who should be playing for a team in the top half of the premier league IMO. He has no pace, isnt a goal scorer, doesnt win many balls in the air. I think there are better players out there who Yogi should be looking to get in

HFC 0-7
08-04-2010, 10:57 AM

Are you talking about the same sort of stick from his 'own' fans that you just gave Benji?

Dinkydoo
08-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I think I've seen Benji play the way we all know he can twice. Once in that cup final 2 years ago and once against smelltic before that. That to me does not indicate that he is 5, 10, 100 times the player Nish is - I'd be interested to know what other people have used for thier basis of comparison to come to such a daft conclusion :faf:

I agree with some people that want to see Benji start a game to see what he can really do (if he's interested that is....:grr:) but what is Yogi supposed to do if he has a crap attitude in training???

What kind of a precident does it set to play someone that doesn't put the effort in when there are players that try thier best week in week out that hardly get a game....

....this is based on the assumption that Benji doesny start games because Yogi thinks he isn't giving his all in training.

Mikeystewart
08-04-2010, 11:36 AM
I would be disappointed if Nish didn't get a start against Hamilton after the shift he put in agaist celtic. He may not be the most pleasing to watch but at least he is working hard and creating chances. Benji on the other hand isnt creating chances and doesnt look bothered. Players arent getting away with just being talented any more under hughes he wants his players to work hence why Rankin has been a constant nearly all season. Under McBride and miller ive seen a big improvement this season from rankin he would be low on my list of players to be punted.

Mikeystewart
08-04-2010, 11:43 AM

Utter pish :grr: Not trying to make excuses for nish but he must get fouled about 10-20 times in a match and none of it is picked up due to the fact people expect a big guy like him to take it. but when you are being bear hugged and rugby tackled while going for headers you are going to look a bit off pace and have a poor touch and since when did pace matter . Cantona viduka all made up for it in work ethic and desire wich i beleive nish doesnt get the appreciation for as he is not skining players and scoring volleys from 30 yards like the other strikers. :blah:

Mikeystewart
08-04-2010, 11:44 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

Andy74
08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Where do people get all this 'if Benji is interested' nonsense. I've never once seen him disinterested. He looks one of the more up for it players every time I've seen him.

So, the club told him to find a new club in the summer and he tried to do that, wow, just about every player we have is trying to work their way out of the club. To Benji's credit he has said many times he was told he could go but never actually ever said he wanted to.

Andy you can see the difference in our link up play when Benji comes on. He's better than Nish at that, and finishing, yet we still play him for his 'phyiscal' presence.

Allant1981
08-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Utter pish :grr: Not trying to make excuses for nish but he must get fouled about 10-20 times in a match and none of it is picked up due to the fact people expect a big guy like him to take it. but when you are being bear hugged and rugby tackled while going for headers you are going to look a bit off pace and have a poor touch and since when did pace matter . Cantona viduka all made up for it in work ethic and desire wich i beleive nish doesnt get the appreciation for as he is not skining players and scoring volleys from 30 yards like the other strikers. :blah:

Sorry but Nish isnt a good striker, he has a good game now and then but most weeks we wud be as well having one of the young laddies playing. The most important part of a strikers job is to score goals and for a supposed premier league striker he scores no where near enough goals

Mikeystewart
08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Sorry but Nish isnt a good striker, he has a good game now and then but most weeks we wud be as well having one of the young laddies playing. The most important part of a strikers job is to score goals and for a supposed premier league striker he scores no where near enough goals

I agree with most of your post but i believe nish will come good between now and the end of the season if he keeps getting games he could have scored about 6 goals in the last 2 games for us and i dont think it will be too long before he starts putting them away. i cant remember him ever having this many chances before.

Allant1981
08-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I agree with most of your post but i believe nish will come good between now and the end of the season if he keeps getting games he could have scored about 6 goals in the last 2 games for us and i dont think it will be too long before he starts putting them away. i cant remember him ever having this many chances before.

Aye he could have but he hasnt, thats my point, if yogi is serious about wanting to win cups etc then players like Nish have no place at the club in my opinion. I'd rather see more players like stokes/riordan at the club. Yip i know they are going to cost more than your colin nish's of the world but we need more goal scorers than just riordan and stokes. If these guys get injured/suspended then having to depend on nish to score goals to keep us winning games just isnt going to happen

Mikeystewart
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Aye he could have but he hasnt, thats my point, if yogi is serious about wanting to win cups etc then players like Nish have no place at the club in my opinion. I'd rather see more players like stokes/riordan at the club. Yip i know they are going to cost more than your colin nish's of the world but we need more goal scorers than just riordan and stokes. If these guys get injured/suspended then having to depend on nish to score goals to keep us winning games just isnt going to happen

Totally agree sorry i was talking within the context of between now and the end of season and the post saying that benji should be played over nish thats where i disagreed. In the future i too would like to see players of a higher calibre than nish playing at the club but untill at least the next transfer window we have to focus on what we have.

Edit: unless we can get Luca Toni by Saturday :greengrin

davemcbain
08-04-2010, 06:08 PM

Benji only hops when he comes on for Nish - this is because his English ain't that good and he's trying to show the manager that big col has 2 legs and falls over all the time, but Benji is a far better player, because he is able to stand on one leg only.

Simple and it all ties in nicely with the conspiracy theory on the other thread - dischord in the dressing room because Benji takes the piss out of Nishie every time he comes on for him.

Oh and Zemmama bet Gowser 20 quid that Benji could hop on no legs, but hasn't paid up on the grounds that he's waiting for Benji to get a double amputation to prove he can do it.

Some, or all, of the above may - allegedly - be total mince btw

basehibby
08-04-2010, 06:48 PM
First up - some of the utter gash spouted on here about Nish (eg by essexhibee) is unbelievable - we all know he's no superstar so why the unquenchable urge on the part of some to tear a strip off him at every opportunity???

Re the OP, Benji and Nish bring different qualities to the side - Benji is much better with the ball at his feet while Nish offers more physical presence both in defence and attack - something that is clearly lacking in the side as is pointed out on this forum with monotonous regularity.

Hughes clearly follows a sort of horses for courses policy with the strikers at his disposal and hence will sometimes select Nish for his physical attributes and sometimes Benji as the key to unlock the door.

Nish had a good game on Sunday vs Celtic and I fully expect him to start vs Hamilton. Somehow couldn't see that he had a decent game??? Maybe try taking off your sheight coloured sunglasses next time you watch the Hibs then. :cool2:

Mibbes Aye
08-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Benji only hops when he comes on for Nish - this is because his English ain't that good and he's trying to show the manager that big col has 2 legs and falls over all the time, but Benji is a far better player, because he is able to stand on one leg only.

Simple and it all ties in nicely with the conspiracy theory on the other thread - dischord in the dressing room because Benji takes the piss out of Nishie every time he comes on for him.

Oh and Zemmama bet Gowser 20 quid that Benji could hop on no legs, but hasn't paid up on the grounds that he's waiting for Benji to get a double amputation to prove he can do it.

Some, or all, of the above may - allegedly - be total mince btw

The truth is far less exciting.....

As a young boy Benji dreamt of playing football in the cauldron of infrequent singing that is Easter Road. He struggled to make the grade as a youth though as he couldn't afford proper football boots and had to wear mouldy trainers instead. His dad, realising his son's ambition had to be met, sold his farm (which grew hops for the big breweries) and bought Benji a pair of spanking new boots (and got himself a big-screen telly and a new car and all)

Benji's simple yet heartfelt tribute to his father's sacrifice is a lesson to us all.

judas
08-04-2010, 07:11 PM

Benji can play a lot worse than Nish; playing at being a good sub on the bench is how he does it. Rarely have i heard so much breath wasted on such a mediocre player.

Benji is a waste of space and Nish is little better.

The discussion should be about; who is the least single fish.

hibsbollah
08-04-2010, 08:20 PM
the cauldron of infrequent singing

Love it:top marks

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Benji can play a lot worse than Nish; playing at being a good sub on the bench is how he does it. Rarely have i heard so much breath wasted on such a mediocre player.

Benji is a waste of space and Nish is little better.

The discussion should be about; who is the least single fish.

:agree:

Chuckie
08-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Nish is far more effective than Benji..
I wonder how the two would fare together up front ?

Speedway
09-04-2010, 11:45 AM
At least Nish wants to be at hibs. Benjin would be off if anyone else wanted him, it took us to get him back from wherever he was in the summer.
Me personally would'nt of had him back. And for what its worth I also think Nish is a better player.

Of course he does, he knows he'll never get a better wage/club for his abilities anywhere else. Why would he leave?

bighairyfaeleith
09-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh dear smoking outside a club at 2am..the shame!!! :faf:

Look at what some players get up to with the liquor/drugs?

Vialli smoked 40 a day? Cryuff smoked? didnae do them any harm,you think if he stopped smoking and be in bed by 10pm he would be scoring more?

If he went to bed at 3pm we might more chance of scoring!!:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2010, 03:57 PM
If he went to bed at 3pm we might more chance of scoring!!:greengrin

I'd just try him first, with putting his boots on the right feet.