PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland Pubs.

Leithenhibby
02-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Any pointers guys?

Going down for the game v Spurs, also going to watch the Man u v Chelsea game in the boozer. (before & after) :wink:

Never been to the place before so any help would be appreciated.

Supraninja
02-04-2010, 05:43 PM
You should probably ask Stokes..

Bishop Hibee
02-04-2010, 05:45 PM
I usually drove to the games when living down there so I don't have great knowledge of the pubs. I did go with a few mates to the Wetherspoons bar in the middle of town once which was packed with fans. 10 minute walk to the ground.

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Any pointers guys?

Going down for the game v Spurs, also going to watch the Man u v Chelsea game in the boozer. (before & after) :wink:

Get in touch with Macar. He has membership to the Golden Slipper. :wink:

Gala Foxes
02-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Roker Marina Club down at harbour past old Roker Park. Bit like the Hibs Club but with pre-match strippers!!!

Leithenhibby
02-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Roker Marina Club down at harbour past old Roker Park. Bit like the Hibs Club but with pre-match strippers!!!

Now your talking, can't remember the last time I saw a stripper!..:greengrin

Cheers guys..

Nameless
02-04-2010, 07:05 PM
I forget it's name (which really doesn't help you), but there is a boozer over the foot bridge from the stadium, it sits on a corner of roker ave and thomas street north. I was in there before the Everton game, and it is a cracking boozer, very roomy inside, and the bar maids are all stunning.

hibsbollah
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
My wife will be there, knocking back the freebies in hospitality:grr: If you see her tell her not to make too much noise coming home:rolleyes:

Leithenhibby
02-04-2010, 07:21 PM
My wife will be there, knocking back the freebies in hospitality:grr: If you see her tell her not to make too much noise coming home:rolleyes:

who said she is coming home..:devil:..:faf:

woodyloon
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I forget it's name (which really doesn't help you), but there is a boozer over the foot bridge from the stadium, it sits on a corner of roker ave and thomas street north. I was in there before the Everton game, and it is a cracking boozer, very roomy inside, and the bar maids are all stunning.

Think it's called the Corner House, it's frontage is rounded, shaped a bit like a horseshoe, really big pub. If you keep heading down Roker Ave you will come to the Queen Vic, if you want a bar lunch the helpings are massive. Or keep going round onto the Promenade and there is the Roker Hotel. Will definately have the football on.

If you are doing the hospitallity you can get through to the Black Cat bar once you are moved on at the end. If you are not hospitallity see if you can get in the Black Cat bar before the game, a bit pricey.

Enjoy the game, should be great atmosphere, Come on the Cats

Leithenhibby
02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Think it's called the Corner House, it's frontage is rounded, shaped a bit like a horseshoe, really big pub. If you keep heading down Roker Ave you will come to the Queen Vic, if you want a bar lunch the helpings are massive. Or keep going round onto the Promenade and there is the Roker Hotel. Will definately have the football on.

If you are doing the hospitallity you can get through to the Black Cat bar once you are moved on at the end. If you are not hospitallity see if you can get in the Black Cat bar before the game, a bit pricey.

Enjoy the game, should be great atmosphere, Come on the Cats

Cheers ma man, :thumbsup: really looking forward to it now. should be a good game. Or better than I will see on sunday..:dummytit:

monktonharp
02-04-2010, 07:36 PM
any Hibs content?

Leithenhibby
02-04-2010, 07:38 PM
any Hibs content?

lost me..:confused:

saltandsauce
02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Any pointers guys?

we always go to the londonderry which is 2-3 mins walk from the station always got fitba on

Leithenhibby
02-04-2010, 07:42 PM
we always go to the londonderry which is 2-3 mins walk from the station always got fitba on

This is turning in to a pub crawl..:greengrin EXCELLENT..:cool2:

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 07:45 PM
lost me..:confused:

Think you may have forgotten to select the "NHC" prefix. :wink:

hibsbollah
02-04-2010, 07:47 PM
who said she is coming home..:devil:..:faf:

:greengrin

Leithenhibby
02-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Think you may have forgotten to select the "NHC" prefix. :wink:

Apologies, :wink:

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Apologies, :wink:

I think it's Monktonharp you need to apologise to. I was merely pointing it out. :agree:

Leithenhibby
02-04-2010, 08:10 PM
any Hibs content?

No Hibs content, my mistake. :wink:

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 08:11 PM
No Hibs content, my mistake. :wink:

:hilarious

:thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
02-04-2010, 08:17 PM
:hilarious