PDA

View Full Version : Deek Disciplined By Hibs

Betty Boop
02-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Sky Sports News are reporting, that Deek has been disciplined for criticising the pitch.

Alfred E Newman
02-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Sky Sports News are reporting, that Deek has been disciplined for criticising the pitch.

Unbelievable.

Bishop Hibee
02-04-2010, 05:40 PM

If this is true, any such fine is a disgrace. Any link to what he is meant to have said?

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Unbelievable.:agree: Pathetic - you would think we'd have more to worry about than Deeks saying the pitch is crap!

Ants
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM

If that is the case, then will Hibs now be trawling this board to find any season ticket holders and tell them off since "they are all part of the family".

We all know the pitch is in a bad state and as previously mentioned thats what happens when you outsource.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2010, 05:45 PM
TQM was right all along, these issues are starting to surface.:faf:

Betty Boop
02-04-2010, 05:45 PM
If this is true, any such fine is a disgrace. Any link to what he is meant to have said?

No I have tried to find a link. The presenter said that "Sky Sports understands that Riordan has been disciplined by Hibernian, for complaining about the pitch", then it cut to Yogi's interview. I presume it will come on again.

Saorsa
02-04-2010, 05:49 PM
If this is true, any such fine is a disgrace. Any link to what he is meant to have said?http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6071322,00.html

Absolutely ridiculous IMO

Pedantic_Hibee
02-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Must be a slow news day if Sky Sports are turfing this one up......... :dizzy:

Hainan Hibs
02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Ridiculous decision.

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Must be a slow news day if Sky Sports are turfing this one up......... :dizzy:

Thought I would pitch in with someone must grassed Deeks up. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
02-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Much as I sympathise with Derek, has anyone considered how the pitch feels? It lives and breathes Easter Road, and I can't see how its commitment is in any doubt.

Call it PC gone mad if you want, but I think its time more attention was given to the little guys who support this club through thick and thin, and less sympathy is given to pampered stars in their black Range Rovers.

Players will come and go, but the pitch will be here forever.

:dunno:

Pedantic_Hibee
02-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Much as I sympathise with Derek, has anyone considered how the pitch feels? It lives and breathes Easter Road, and I can't see how its commitment is in any doubt. :dunno:

Sure, that's a given. However, to balance your comment out, we have had the agricultural version of Brian Kerr lately; you know it's there somewhere, however it's largely unseen.

blackpoolhibs
The club are right to fine Derek, any more indiscipline, and he could find himself turfed out the door.

iwasthere1972
Much as I sympathise with Derek, has anyone considered how the pitch feels? It lives and breathes Easter Road, and I can't see how its commitment is in any doubt. :dunno:

Bog off.

Phil D. Rolls
02-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Bog off.

I thought that would get us to the root of the problem, that's all. No need to turf out my opinions.

Gatecrasher
02-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Ridiculous decision.
agreed :agree:

Scooter
02-04-2010, 06:04 PM
was there any footage? of the club store? the mrs said they were in this afternoon

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Deek likes a good mown right enough.

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Wasn't it about a month ago that Deek criticised the pitch in public? And they're only getting around to reporting this now, deary me. :yawn:

That said, the pitch IS shocking and he has only said what everyone else is thinking, a fine is taking it a bit far.

DH1875
02-04-2010, 06:23 PM
The club are right to fine Derek, any more indiscipline, and he could find himself turfed out the door.

:no way::no way::no way:. If he gets shown the door a lot of fans will be very unhappy.

woody47
02-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Has he got ground for an appeal? :devil:

PaulSmith
02-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Pathetic decision by the club.

lucky
02-04-2010, 06:35 PM
If true its a joke. Hibs are regarded as a well run club but this is pathetic

Diclonius
02-04-2010, 06:39 PM
It's that time of year again guys - time for Hibs' great tradition, Self-Destruct Month! :thumbsup:

Albanian Hibs
02-04-2010, 06:42 PM
:no way::no way::no way:. If he gets shown the door a lot of fans will be very unhappy.

:duck:whoosh

:greengrin

Albanian Hibs
02-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Pathetic decision by the club.

:agree:

steakbake
02-04-2010, 06:43 PM
It's that time of year again guys - time for Hibs' great tradition, Self-Destruct Month! :thumbsup:

I think we've had self destruct quarter. Since we got emptied 4-1 by the huns at ER, we've never been the same team.

Have to say, at that game I wasn't impressed at all. Maka's psychosomatic injury to his groin after making a meal of it twice, Bamba having a barney at Yogi about not getting Maka off and Yogi turning round to the crowd and saying "the boy's a coward".

It was all a bit Sunday league. This kind of confirms it.

The pitch is a state, but we've been outplayed on grounds where there's nowt wrong with the pitch. When I read this a month ago when the comments were first made, it seemed like it was a hibs player getting the excuses in early... far too early.

I'm_cabbaged
02-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Piss about all you want, but I'm now reconsidering getting the 3 season tickets I usually get. Tell the truth about the pitch and you get fined? :bitchy:

DaveF
02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
What the hell are Hibs playing at?

A ludicrous decision and one that's sure to cause a fair bit of disquiet amongst the squad.

Whoever decided a fine was in order needs to give themselves a shake.

Judas Iscariot
02-04-2010, 06:54 PM
This is a bad day late April fool :bitchy:

Sergey
02-04-2010, 06:54 PM
What the hell are Hibs playing at?

A ludicrous decision and one that's sure to cause a fair bit of disquiet amongst the squad.

Whoever decided a fine was in order needs to give themselves a shake.

:agree: Divots

Part/Time Supporter
02-04-2010, 07:05 PM
How could they justify this? Fair dos if they don't agree / think the ground maintenance folk are doing all they can in a bad winter, but then have a quiet word with the player, not straight to bloody fining him for expressing a (justified) opinion.

Scott Lindsay / Rod Petrie need to explain themselves here.

down the slope
02-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Who GRASSED him, i think he should have GROUNDS for an appeal. joking aside if this it's true then we are a joke, what about disciplining Hughes for going out the cup or Petrie for raising the ST prices.

DH1875
02-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Who GRASSED him, i think he should have GROUNDS for an appeal. joking aside if this it's true then we are a joke, what about disciplining Hughes for going out the cup or Petrie for raising the ST prices.

:agree::agree:.

hibsfan7
02-04-2010, 07:21 PM
this is the start of the seeds of destruction

Toaods
02-04-2010, 07:22 PM
TQM was right all along, these issues are starting to surface.:faf:

..we haven't got a surface.

Toaods
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
can't wait on the fans 'with faces' coming on to tell us to stop sniping at the pitch and as afterall it's only into it's first full season and it needs time to bring in it's own grass. There's some real poor grass involved but you have to give the groundsman enough time to turf them out.

everyone knows a bad workman always blames his tools.

hibee62
02-04-2010, 07:35 PM
So, let me get this straight:

We play celtic this weekend, live on sky sports.
The media love to unsettle any team playing them, and there is always a story of thsi ilk within 2 weeks before such a game...

Hughes claims not to know anything.

Not sure I believe any of this TBH, I am one of Riordan's biggest critics for hisx off field, and occasionally on field, behavius, but this is extremely unfair, and I'm not entirely convinced it has happened...

Sir David Gray
02-04-2010, 08:05 PM
I think Riordan is wrong - not in saying that the pitch is in bad condition, because it is, but in saying that it's costing us points and that if we played on a good pitch then we would give anybody a game.

Several teams have played on the poor Easter Road pitch in the past few months and have outplayed us and played some good football. If they can play good stuff on it then there should be no reason why we can't.

The truth is, we have just been really poor over the past few months (home and away) and I don't think there is any excuse for it.

However, in saying that, Riordan has just expressed his opinion and I don't think it's fair that he has been fined for speaking his mind on this issue.

I usually back the club on things like this but if this is correct then it's extremely OTT in my book.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2010, 08:11 PM
TBH this has soiled the clubs name. It would be dirt cheap to replace the surface.

I think it's time the fans pitched in with their tuppence worth especially about the barsteward who grassed Deek up. This really could muddy the waters as to whats going on at the club. A fair few of the first team players have gone to seed in recent weeks and the manager has lost the plot(of land).

I know this won't be popular but i think it time we put Deek out to pastures new. His various problems have all come to the surface and really he is a bit of a weed in the dressing room these days. We could hopefully still rake in a few bob and maybe use some of the funds to fork out on a new pitch.

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 08:12 PM
TBH this has soiled the clubs name. It would be dirt cheap to replace the surface.

I think it's time the fans pitched in with their tuppence worth especially about the barsteward who grassed Deek up. This really could muddy the waters as to whats going on at the club. A fair few of the first team players have gone to seed in recent weeks and the manager has lost the plot(of land).

I know this won't be popular but i think it time we put Deek out to pastures new. His various problems have all come to the surface and really he is a bit of a weed in the dressing room these days. We could hopefully still rake in a few bob and maybe use some of the funds to fork out on a new pitch.

Impressive ! :agree: :wink:

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Meanwhile

YouTube - Tom Jones-Green Green Grass of Home (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjxY7xmhJ6o)

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Impressive ! :agree: :wink:

:agree: Reckon he was having a bit of a field day.

jabis
02-04-2010, 08:20 PM
recon we might see Deek getting sent out on lawn

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 08:23 PM
recon we might see Deek getting sent out on lawn

Or gardening leave. :wink:

jabis
02-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Or gardening leave. :wink:

there's nae muckin' about wi' Rod :agree:

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 08:31 PM
there's nae muckin' about wi' Rod :agree:

Man ure spot on. :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 08:37 PM

:faf: :top marks

Toaods
02-04-2010, 08:39 PM

these stupid puns are bordering on the ridiculous

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 08:43 PM

I agree - some fork just don't know where to draw the line.

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 08:44 PM

Nonsense, keep them coming chaps....lets have mower of them !

http://www.gardenlines.co.uk/lawnmowers?gclid=CL3zms7w6KACFZqY2Aod5kHlLQ

iwasthere1972
02-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Nonsense, keep them coming chaps....lets have mower of them !

http://www.gardenlines.co.uk/lawnmowers?gclid=CL3zms7w6KACFZqY2Aod5kHlLQ

Don't worry there are shed loads of them. :agree:

Pretty Boy
02-04-2010, 08:47 PM

Getting them to stop is going to be a lawn shot though.

jabis
02-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Getting them to stop is going to be a lawn shot though.

that does it,I'm throwing in the trowel !

Long suffering
02-04-2010, 08:52 PM
thats pathetic

brydekirk
02-04-2010, 08:53 PM
TOTAL bull.

monktonharp
02-04-2010, 09:19 PM
what a load o' absolute sheite.admins please withdraw this keek.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2010, 10:49 PM

Not really, i just think he's been mound out.

noseyhibby
02-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Fork-goodness sake. Have you all been smoking the grass or something

HibeeMG
03-04-2010, 12:13 AM
I don't know how much truth there is in this but unfortunately for Deek, mud sticks.

The Harp Awakes
03-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Has to be an April Fool.

Pete
03-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Has to be an April Fool.

Don't think it is.

I read the article and he was spot-on.

After this he might think the grass is greener on the other side...no pun intended...and nobody wants that.

millarco
03-04-2010, 12:38 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100305/riordan-we-need-to-adapt_2262950_1984692

This is from a month ago. Seems strange that he'd be punished for slightly harsher words.

ChooseLife
03-04-2010, 12:49 AM
This is probably the stupidest things I've seen hibs do, I hope the players union shove the fine up the clubs arse, it's hard enough to get Deeks to keep his head up, and when he does start caring about the team and giving his take on what would make the team play better, he gets fined!

Fanny of a decision, Something I'd expect from Vlad:bitchy:

hibiedude
03-04-2010, 04:09 AM
:agree: Pathetic - you would think we'd have more to worry about than Deeks saying the pitch is crap!

BREAKING NEWS

Its not just the pitch that's crap

Gatecrasher
03-04-2010, 07:01 AM
anyone else think its strange that hibs haven't actually said anything about this, normally theres something on the official site

Hibercelona
03-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Dreadful :bitchy:

Fined for laying it down straight....

Unlike the pitch. :cool2:

Beefster
03-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Absurd decision by the club, if true, and it's ramifications will likely be much bigger than the Chief Exec / Chairman intended.

Future17
03-04-2010, 07:19 AM
anyone else think its strange that hibs haven't actually said anything about this, normally theres something on the official site

Player discipline would only ever really be made public if the offence is public in the sense of being criminal, or of similar nature.

Fines like this one are given out frequently without us hearing about them, not that I agree with it if the reported facts are accurate.

Golden Bear
03-04-2010, 08:29 AM
I think there must be mower to this.

Steve-O
03-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Deeks is just a lawn unto himself these days :bitchy:

Hibbyradge
03-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Well, I don't know the rules regarding statements to the press, but Deek wasn't very discreet, imo.

However, I guess him saying "You can see photos of how good the pitch was back when Tam McCourt was groundsman." is what got him into trouble.

Whether he meant it or not, he implied critisism of the current Hibs groundstaff and players shouldn't do that.

If he'd said "the groundstaff have their work cut out to put things right" or something, I doubt he'd have been disciplined.

If he actually was.

Hibby70
03-04-2010, 09:13 AM
this story is just trying to scarify us before sunday.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2010, 09:34 AM
this story is just trying to scarify us before sunday.

Aye, it's got a hollow tine to it.

Toaods
03-04-2010, 09:51 AM
altogether now...

"We've got the best p-i-t-c-h, in the land.
We've got the best p-i-t-c-h, in the land.
We've got the best p-i-t-c-h, in the land.
......we've got the best p-i-t-c-h, in the land."

heretoday
03-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Hibs should go for Walcott. He's a regular flymo....

brog
03-04-2010, 09:59 AM
IF the story is correct it's ridiculous. However I noticed that in only 2 or 3 posts the thread went from Deeks being disciplined to being fined. The disciplined part may only have been Yogi's put down of Deeks a month ago, when he made his comments.
FWIW I think Deeks is correct. I posted at the transfer window that our best investment would be to fix the pitch. The pitch has been rubbish in winter for at least the last 3 or 4 seasons & I really do think it has an impact on our performances. We're not set up as a team chasing 2nd balls though we've had to resort to it on occasion. If we want to have a team cast in the style that most Hibs fans want, then we should have a pitch that allows us to do that.

Golden Bear
03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
IF the story is correct it's ridiculous. However I noticed that in only 2 or 3 posts the thread went from Deeks being disciplined to being fined. The disciplined part may only have been Yogi's put down of Deeks a month ago, when he made his comments.
FWIW I think Deeks is correct. I posted at the transfer window that our best investment would be to fix the pitch. The pitch has been rubbish in winter for at least the last 3 or 4 seasons & I really do think it has an impact on our performances. We're not set up as a team chasing 2nd balls though we've had to resort to it on occasion. If we want to have a team cast in the style that most Hibs fans want, then we should have a pitch that allows us to do that.

I agree with your points about the pitch but only to a certain extent. The facts are that almost without exception the opposition have managed to play far better football on our pitch than we have. And by all accounts the pitch at Ross County was in first class condition but we still managed to produce another dire display.

silverhibee
03-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Was Benji also slagging of the pitch after he missed his penalty last month, something along the lines of, the pitch is only fit for horses, and it looked like a public park, i wonder if he has been disciplined by the club for his coments as well, if this is true regarding Deeks.

Capt Mainwaring
03-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Riordan says "The results haven't been going for us lately and I think we have to blame the pitch.

He and the other payers need to look at themselves before blaming the pitch. The pitches at Ibrox, St Johnstone, Hearts looked fine to me - which is significantly more that I could say for the hibs players on show!

I agree that if he was fined - it's pathetic. We have much much bigger issues to worry about.

smurf
03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Was Benji also slagging of the pitch after he missed his penalty last month, something along the lines of, the pitch is only fit for horses, and it looked like a public park, i wonder if he has been disciplined by the club for his coments as well, if this is true regarding Deeks.

Something i also raised over on the Bounce last night.

IF this story is true then if i was Derek i'd submit a transfer request. Then again i think that's what the club want to be honest.:boo hoo:

This suggests to be a regime of fascism at Easter Road. The year is 2010 and we have an employer fining an employee for stating the obvious that his working conditions (the awful pitch) is not conducive to him plying his trade.:confused:

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 01:09 PM

IF this story is true then if i was Derek i'd submit a transfer request. Then again i think that's what the club want to be honest.:boo hoo:

This suggests to be a regime of fascism at Easter Road. The year is 2010 and we have an employer fining an employee for stating the obvious that his working conditions (the awful pitch) is not conducive to him plying his trade.:confused:
Is this true, am i wrong in thinking all it said was he'd been disciplined, has he been fined, or just warned about what he says to the press?:confused:

Golden Bear
03-04-2010, 01:16 PM

Football is no different from any other walk of life. If an employee publicly criticises his employer then he/she is not exactly going to be popular. IF (and it's a big if,) this story is true then there will be better and more fruitful methods of expressing dissatisfaction. (although it is already patently obvious to everybody that the pitch is not up to standard)

EasterRoad4Ever
03-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Frankly astonished if this is true. IMHO the dreadful pitches HAVE made it more difficult for Hibs, and that the more physical, direct sides have benefitted from the grassless surfaces. ER pitch HAS been an utter disgrace of a playing surface - everyone knows it. The point Riordan was making was well made, relevant, and observant. To fine the guy is simply a disgraceful decision and the Hibs Board should be ashamed.

smurf
03-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Football is no different from any other walk of life. If an employee publicly criticises his employer then he/she is not exactly going to be popular. IF (and it's a big if,) this story is true then there will be better and more fruitful methods of expressing dissatisfaction. (although it is already patently obvious to everybody that the pitch is not up to standard)

There has to be though a bit of a distinction between stating the obvious about the state of our pitch and say criticism of the running of the club?

Golden Bear
03-04-2010, 02:09 PM
There has to be though a bit of a distinction between stating the obvious about the state of our pitch and say criticism of the running of the club?

Yep - that's why I think there could be other issues taken into account. I've no idea what though.