PDA

View Full Version : Maybe yogi HAS the dressing room? and thats the problem?

Gus Fring
02-04-2010, 03:42 PM
A few people have said that Yogi has "lost" the dressing room and doesn't have any control over the players and they don't want to work for him etc

I think it might be the opposite, i reckon hes grown too close to them all and became too "pally" with his first team. Hence why players reguarly get a game and why he doesnt have the stomach to give them a bollocking when its needed?

Just a thought

PISTOL1875
02-04-2010, 03:43 PM
A few people have said that Yogi has "lost" the dressing room and doesn't have any control over the players and they don't want to work for him etc

I think it might be the opposite, i reckon hes grown too close to them all and became too "pally" with his first team. Hence why players reguarly get a game and why he doesnt have the stomach to give them a bollocking when its needed?

Just a thought

I think you are 100% correct...

greenlex
02-04-2010, 04:07 PM
So I just imagine his rants from the touchline then?:confused: O course he bollox them. He may need to bollox them a bit more IMO. maybe not on match day but back at east mains a few home truths wouldnt go a miss.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2010, 04:22 PM
He's dropped his pal hogg, who he made captain. He dropped his pal stack for his other pal smith, then dropped him. His other pal maka has not been seen for a while. He;s dropped his pal nish, and his other pal rankin. His pal cregg has hardly played. He's suubed both his pals riordan and stokes. Maybe i'm just talking bollox?

bingo70
02-04-2010, 04:29 PM
He's dropped his pal hogg, who he made captain. He dropped his pal stack for his other pal smith, then dropped him. His other pal maka has not been seen for a while. He;s dropped his pal nish, and his other pal rankin. His pal cregg has hardly played. He's suubed both his pals riordan and stokes. Maybe i'm just talking bollox?

Maybe its got nowt to do with losing the changing room, not playing 442, having a small midfield or whatever else he is getting stick for, maybe we've just got a bunch of average/poor SPL players, with a few exceptions :dunno:

Before anyone mentions that we got beat off ross county with poorer players than ourselves, they were clearly a team playing with more confidence than us and thats a massive factor in football

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Maybe its got nowt to do with losing the changing room, not playing 442, having a small midfield or whatever else he is getting stick for, maybe we've just got a bunch of average/poor SPL players, with a few exceptions :dunno:

Before anyone mentions that we got beat off ross county with poorer players than ourselves, they were clearly a team playing with more confidence than us and thats a massive factor in football

That's my view, and the manager has to take credit for the way he's moulded a silk purse from a sows ear. Its not been pretty, and some of the recent results have been very hard to take. But until such times as we are competing for europe every season, i will be happy with the small steps we have taken, in achieving this, this season.

Obviously for Yogi to ultimately succeed, he has to do this every season, and make the product better to watch, but one step at a time will do me for now.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
So I just imagine his rants from the touchline then?:confused: O course he bollox them. He may need to bollox them a bit more IMO. maybe not on match day but back at east mains a few home truths wouldnt go a miss.

He does bollox them, but they give it back to him, which IMO is a sign that they dont respect him in the way they should. This wouldnt happen at any other club, almost every week you see a few of the players giving it right back at him, most notably Mcbride, Stokes and Riordan.

The players need to feel that if they dont pull their weight then they are surplus, but the way Yogi manages I dont think this comes across. Being pally works great when everything is going well, when things go wrong you cant be everyones pal and you need to start tearing into people.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 05:58 PM
That's my view, and the manager has to take credit for the way he's moulded a silk purse from a sows ear. Its not been pretty, and some of the recent results have been very hard to take. But until such times as we are competing for europe every season, i will be happy with the small steps we have taken, in achieving this, this season.

Obviously for Yogi to ultimately succeed, he has to do this every season, and make the product better to watch, but one step at a time will do me for now.

If thats the case then Yogi isnt that good, he has signed Miller, Stokes, McBride, Cregg 3 goal keepers and brought through Wotherspoon. We had players like Murray, Riordan, Zemmama and Bamba before he came who I think most people would say are better than average players. That means that we had 4 better than average players before he came, maybe more, plus the 6 he bought or brought through. That should be a better than average team unless his signings have been average. Fact is we have decent players, just the wrong ones, Yogi should have been able to see that we were lacking a physical midfielder, which IMO would have made a big difference lately.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-04-2010, 06:00 PM
If thats the case then Yogi isnt that good, he has signed Miller, Stokes, McBride, Cregg 3 goal keepers and brought through Wotherspoon. We had players like Murray, Riordan, Zemmama and Bamba before he came who I think most people would say are better than average players. That means that we had 4 better than average players before he came, maybe more, plus the 6 he bought or brought through. That should be a better than average team unless his signings have been average. Fact is we have decent players, just the wrong ones, Yogi should have been able to see that we were lacking a physical midfielder, which IMO would have made a big difference lately.

You can't throw 11 players onto the pitch and expect them to instantly gel, that takes time and understanding for the machine to work.

And perhaps Yogi identified a physical midfielder in January but couldn't seal the deal? We don't know. This summer will give a far better indication of what he wants in this team.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 06:03 PM
You can't throw 11 players onto the pitch and expect them to instantly gel, that takes time and understanding for the machine to work.

And perhaps Yogi identified a physical midfielder in January but couldn't seal the deal? We don't know. This summer will give a far better indication of what he wants in this team.

I would have agreed with you at the start of the season, but when we started the way we did, went on the unbeaten runs we did then I would have to say we did gel. The difference now is the tactics. Teams no how to play us, regardless of whether we have gelled or not it requires some changes from the manager, something that isnt happening!

Regards to the Midfielder, he should have known we would be needing one at the start of the season, as well as a CB and a RB, but we didnt get any!

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2010, 06:08 PM

When we were doing well, McBride and Zemamma were going great guns. Wotherspoon was flying and Bamba was the best centre half in the world. Cregg couldnt get a game because of the good run we were on, Miller part of that. Zemmama gets injured, along with McBride, Bamba goes to the ANC, and comes back the worst player in the world, and wotherspoon playing his 1st year in mens football tails off in form. We then have to start picking the dross that Mixu and collins left us, and its clear as the nose on the end of your face, they aint good enough.

Give me the team that started the season, without any injuries, and we will do well. This lot without its better players 100% fit, and on top of their game cant cope. We need more better players, with that will come better results, and consistency.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2010, 06:11 PM
I would have agreed with you at the start of the season, but when we started the way we did, went on the unbeaten runs we did then I would have to say we did gel. The difference now is the tactics. Teams no how to play us, regardless of whether we have gelled or not it requires some changes from the manager, something that isnt happening!

Regards to the Midfielder, he should have known we would be needing one at the start of the season, as well as a CB and a RB, but we didnt get any!

No its not, the difference now is injuries to key players. Zemamma and McBride were superb for us, were are they now? Replacing them with whoever we have in reserve, will not be good enough, as their replacement are not good enough.

Disco Dave
02-04-2010, 06:13 PM
When we were doing well, McBride and Zemamma were going great guns. Wotherspoon was flying and Bamba was the best centre half in the world. Cregg couldnt get a game because of the good run we were on, Miller part of that. Zemmama gets injured, along with McBride, Bamba goes to the ANC, and comes back the worst player in the world, and wotherspoon playing his 1st year in mens football tails off in form. We then have to start picking the dross that Mixu and collins left us, and its clear as the nose on the end of your face, they aint good enough.

Give me the team that started the season, without any injuries, and we will do well. This lot without its better players 100% fit, and on top of their game cant cope. We need more better players, with that will come better results, and consistency.

:top marks

Alex Trager
02-04-2010, 06:19 PM
And when he drops a few of his pals people come and shout from the rooftops about the ludacris desicions to withdraw them

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
No its not, the difference now is injuries to key players. Zemamma and McBride were superb for us, were are they now? Replacing them with whoever we have in reserve, will not be good enough, as their replacement are not good enough.

So do you dont think its a case of opposition completely sussing us out and that Yogi's formation is working? You also think his team selections are working? Leaving our top scorer on the bench? Playing Nish who misses the little chances we get? Yes we have injuries to some players, but that shouldnt stop the other decent players we have on the pitch from performing to somewhere near the best of their abilities.

Also, Zemmama was not playing in quite a few of the games where we were playing well, that leaves McBride, surely he wasnt holding the WHOLE team together!

hibsbollah
02-04-2010, 07:55 PM

Agree with all of that:agree:

weonlywon6-2
02-04-2010, 08:51 PM

this probably sums up the position just now:top marks

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 09:20 PM

Two of our first choice midfield have been in and out of the team all season with injuries (McBride & Zemmama) - clearly this has had an impact.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Two of our first choice midfield have been in and out of the team all season with injuries (McBride & Zemmama) - clearly this has had an impact.

You just said they have been in and out all season, why didnt it make an impact at the start of the season when Zemmama wasnt playing all the time?

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 09:27 PM
You just said they have been in and out all season, why didnt it make an impact at the start of the season when Zemmama wasnt playing all the time?

He was playing a lot more than he has been since Christmas, as was McBride.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 09:31 PM
He was playing a lot more than he has been since Christmas, as was McBride.

But they were still missing in games where we played well. Even if these players are missing, its no excuse for the performances of the players that are playing. i dont think you will disagree that pretty much all the players are underperforming regardless of whi is playing around them. IMO, when this happens, and the whole team is not performing, thats a managerial problem as its a managers job to get the best out of the players.

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 09:36 PM
But they were still missing in games where we played well. Even if these players are missing, its no excuse for the performances of the players that are playing. i dont think you will disagree that pretty much all the players are underperforming regardless of whi is playing around them. IMO, when this happens, and the whole team is not performing, thats a managerial problem as its a managers job to get the best out of the players.

You are completely missing my point, when 1st choice players are replaced with those of lesser quality for a sustained period of time (not just the odd game) it is always going to have an impact on the performance of the team as a whole.

I do think many players are not performing well enough, however for quite a few of them it is because they lack the quality we are looking for.

hongkonghibee
03-04-2010, 11:20 AM

agree 100% with you blackpool hibs
yogi has always said he will gradually bring in better players. i think he has done that so far with good signings,replacing the worse Mixu players with better ones, and think he will continue with this long term plan. He is a manager who i think will stick around , and will year on year gel together a memorable team. Hes only been here for less than a season, the worse thing we could do is continue to change managers every year. this summer im sure he will get in some stronger taller competitive midfielders, and sort out our defence and get rid of a lot of players who bottle it in the big matches or simple arent good enough .I was permanantly depressed under Mixu as i saw no improvement, but im very optimistic with Yogi that given time he will build a great team

Hibercelona
03-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I believe Yogi is giving them far too much of a bollocking and not enough motivational talk.

Giving players a bollocking from time to time isn't a bad thing. But when thats all you give players, it means you're constantly telling them they're useless and that they'll never be anything, which of course causes them to put there heads down.

There needs to be more of a balance.

There's times when to have a go at players, but theres also times when they need a confidence boost.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I believe Yogi is giving them far too much of a bollocking and not enough motivational talk.

Giving players a bollocking from time to time isn't a bad thing. But when thats all you give players, it means you're constantly telling them they're useless and that they'll never be anything, which of course causes them to put there heads down.

There needs to be more of a balance.

There's times when to have a go at players, but theres also times when they need a confidence boost.

Why do you believe this? And what proof do you have he's always bollocking them?

Hibercelona
03-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Why do you believe this? And what proof do you have he's always bollocking them?

I don't want to kick start speculation.

But apparently things haven't been going so great in the dressing room.

I've seen players shouting back to the manager during games and telling him to "f off".

I don't think he's winning much respect over the players at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't want to kick start speculation.
:faf::faf:
But apparently things haven't been going so great in the dressing room.
How many dressing rooms are happy when they are losing?
I've seen players shouting back to the manager during games and telling him to "f off".
It happens at every club
I don't think he's winning much respect over the players at the moment.
I think he should get rid of those players who are not good enough, and get some players in who are good enough for were Yogi wants to take us. Its clear to me, we dont have enough of those.

Hibercelona
03-04-2010, 12:24 PM
I think he should get rid of those players who are not good enough, and get some players in who are good enough for were Yogi wants to take us. Its clear to me, we dont have enough of those.

The players that "arent good enough" done just fine for the first half of the season.

There is a much more negative feeling at ER at the moment, which has been apparent for over 2 months now.

Something else must be going on behind the scenes for there to be such a drastic change in results.

I just don't think changing players is going to solve the underlining problems.

I agree that some of the players are not fit to wear the jersey. But even players that are usually decent have been rank rotten lately, so something isn't quite right.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 01:35 PM
The players that "arent good enough" done just fine for the first half of the season.

There is a much more negative feeling at ER at the moment, which has been apparent for over 2 months now.

Something else must be going on behind the scenes for there to be such a drastic change in results.

I just don't think changing players is going to solve the underlining problems.

I agree that some of the players are not fit to wear the jersey. But even players that are usually decent have been rank rotten lately, so something isn't quite right.

The team that did well for us, up until 6 weeks ago does not play much at the moment.
Wotherspoon is knackered, Zemamma is injured, along with McBride. A couple of our Big players form has dipped too. The players that have come in, are just not very good, along with a few who were playing has resulted in us having a disappointing period.

Our squad is not as good as some think, neither is our team, but it has got better results and points than previous years. There's no need for the mass suicides we are seeing.

matty_f
03-04-2010, 08:59 PM

Spot on.:top marks

Pedantic_Hibee
03-04-2010, 09:04 PM

Effin' love you, Gary.

Couldn't have put it better myself. :top marks