PDA

View Full Version : Mad March Hares!

Aubenas
02-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Would have posted this on The Quiet Man thread but want to put a calm point of view rather than add to the fire.

Firstly, about 'issues'. Of course there must be issues - I'd hate to think Hibs were going through a slump like the present one and there were no reasons. I've no idea what the issue are but there is a limited list of possibilities:
a couple of players not committed or stirring it;
certain players not playing to order;
personality clashes.

Yogi can fix this in the summer but not just now.

Secondly, Hibs current position:
Best points, best league position, best squad for years, best training facilities, best youth set up, best finance, soon to be completed modern, fund raising stadium, renewed commitment to Community issues, recognition of club traditions.

With the exception of the Arabs ( and there ain't enough of them to matter :wink:) I believe the fans of every other club (including the Old Firm) would be quite happy to be in Hibs position vis a vis where we've come from and where we're going.

Yes we've had a bad spell - but that happens to every club, and this season the good spell lasted a lot longer than usual. Hughes has only been here for 8 months and has still got an improvement in squad quality. He tried to get certain players in January and couldn't get them, despite his sights being higher and his contacts obviously better than our last two managers.

The club is going in the right direction and anyone who can't see that is suffering from March Madness. I dunno why Yogi doesn't change the system or play different players, but I'm not arrogant enough to think I know better than a professional coach who works with the players every day and whose job depends on his choices.

Things are good at Hibs right now. In the scale of 135 years of existence, 6 weeks of poor results really doesn't give cause for panic - especially when we are in the top 4 of the league.

Nothing wrong with high expectations - I have them myself, but they need to come to fruition in the real world. We're doing ok:notworthy:

Caversham Green
02-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Only one thing wrong with all that.

It's April. :greengrin

greenlex
02-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Only one thing wrong with all that.

It's April. :greengrin
At least its not the 1st though. :agree:

HFC07
02-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Hats off to you sir! very positive. :thumbsup:

Hibby D
02-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Would have posted this on The Quiet Man thread but want to put a calm point of view rather than add to the fire.

Firstly, about 'issues'. Of course there must be issues - I'd hate to think Hibs were going through a slump like the present one and there were no reasons. I've no idea what the issue are but there is a limited list of possibilities:
personality clashes.

Best points, best league position, best squad for years, best training facilities, best youth set up, best finance, soon to be completed modern, fund raising stadium, renewed commitment to Community issues, recognition of club traditions.

With the exception of the Arabs ( and there ain't enough of them to matter :wink:) I believe the fans of every other club (including the Old Firm) would be quite happy to be in Hibs position vis a vis where we've come from and where we're going.

Yes we've had a bad spell - but that happens to every club, and this season the good spell lasted a lot longer than usual. Hughes has only been here for 8 months and has still got an improvement in squad quality. He tried to get certain players in January and couldn't get them, despite his sights being higher and his contacts obviously better than our last two managers.

The club is going in the right direction and anyone who can't see that is suffering from March Madness. I dunno why Yogi doesn't change the system or play different players, but I'm not arrogant enough to think I know better than a professional coach who works with the players every day and whose job depends on his choices.

Things are good at Hibs right now. In the scale of 135 years of existence, 6 weeks of poor results really doesn't give cause for panic - especially when we are in the top 4 of the league.

Nothing wrong with high expectations - I have them myself, but they need to come to fruition in the real world. We're doing ok:notworthy:

You're absolutely right - I've yet to work anywhere where it's completely hunky dory between bosses and staff and I don't think for one minute it's any different at HFC. As an employee, I feel it's my fundamental right to have 'words' with my boss, and about him, when I believe him to have made mistakes or errors in judgement (okay cock-ups :greengrin) and believe me he and I have had some interesting debates. It doesn't mean for one minute that he's a **** manager though as long as he, and his team (that's me and a few others ) can learn and build on from there.

Every day is a school day Aubenas wouldn't you agree? :greengrin

weecounty hibby
02-04-2010, 03:56 PM
:top marksWell said. But be prepared to be outed as a happy clapper

Aubenas
02-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Every day is a school day Aubenas wouldn't you agree?

Absolutely, D. Desks have been overturned........:cool2::agree:

DH1875
02-04-2010, 04:36 PM

personality clashes.

About time, someone who has something positive to say :thumbsup:.