PDA

View Full Version : Run in

MacBean
02-04-2010, 10:54 AM
anyone else extremely nervous that we won't pick up any more (or less than 3) points between now and the end of the season??

Celtic (h)
Hamilton (a)

Post top-Six Split
Motherwell (h)
D Utd (a)
Hearts (h) / St Johnstone (a)
Rangers (h)
Celtic (a)

post split fixtures have been given home and away in accordance to our fixtures against them this season and i know they dont always go to plan.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2010, 10:55 AM
I actually can't see us winning again this season.

hibsbollah
02-04-2010, 11:03 AM
The season's effectively over IMO. Even if we lose all our games, we'll probably still scrape 5th, which will probably be enough for the Europa League. I'd support Yogi if he decided to experiment with different players and formations in the last 7 games.

hibiedude
02-04-2010, 11:21 AM
I actually can't see us winning again this season.

I work beside Yam and Huns supporters and they want to bet that we wont win a game after the split.

I would love to prove then wrong but like yourself not sure we the points are going to come from.

Motherwell and the yam games mite give us something but i'm not convinced in the way we play.

Franck is God
02-04-2010, 11:23 AM
don't see the reason for all the negativity, the current squad have already won 50 points in the league this season which is already more than last year.

Dundee United were probably a bit better than us on the night but not a lot better. We could just as easily have won the other night had a couple of decisions gone our way when we were a goal up, they didn't which had a negative affect on the players and we went on to lose. We created just as many if not more chances than they did.

Don't get me wrong there have been lots of things that I have been unhappy about in the last couple of months but things can change very quickly in football.

basehibby
02-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I think we'll beat Hamilton and Motherwell - possibly the Yams as well if we get them at ER. Far from confident about the rest although we'll probably pick up the odd point.

Baw187
02-04-2010, 11:33 AM
i don't think we'll do as badly as everyone thinks. We'll probably be pish in pretty much every game but that's nowt new amd we've got a good few points on the board. I think we'll scrape 4th.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-04-2010, 11:37 AM
The season's effectively over IMO. Even if we lose all our games, we'll probably still scrape 5th, which will probably be enough for the Europa League. I'd support Yogi if he decided to experiment with different players and formations in the last 7 games.

That's kinda dangerous though because in hindsight the begining of the end for Mixu was the post split fixtures in his first half season that we got nothing out of. IIRC we were comprehensively outplayed by Motherwell on the last game of that season in a very worrying performance that we never got our heads up from. That led into a disaster of a pre-season, and the rest is history.

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 11:38 AM
don't see the reason for all the negativity, the current squad have already won 50 points in the league this season which is already more than last year.

Dundee United were probably a bit better than us on the night but not a lot better. We could just as easily have won the other night had a couple of decisions gone our way when we were a goal up, they didn't which had a negative affect on the players and we went on to lose. We created just as many if not more chances than they did.

Don't get me wrong there have been lots of things that I have been unhappy about in the last couple of months but things can change very quickly in football.

Jesus Christ - a sensible post !!!!! :not worth:top marks

lucky
02-04-2010, 11:45 AM
As much as I would like the Yams not to make the top six. It would worth a few hundred thousand pounds to Hibs if the did. a home game on TV against a possibly St J away.

hibsbollah
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
That's kinda dangerous though because in hindsight the begining of the end for Mixu was the post split fixtures in his first half season that we got nothing out of. IIRC we were comprehensively outplayed by Motherwell on the last game of that season in a very worrying performance that we never got our heads up from. That led into a disaster of a pre-season, and the rest is history.

True to an extent, although Mixu played essentially the same players during that run-in that he played all season long IIRC.

Yogi could experiment with new formations and players in the run-in. In the forwards, Yogi could play Byrne, maybe give Benji the full 90 minutes for a change? Midfield he could go with Welsh, Galbraith, maybe even play Thicot in his proper position for a change, and give Brown his long-awaited chance in goals. It would freshen things up, might give some of the players a kick up the erky, and Yogi might learn a thing or two before the tough decisions he'll need to make in the summer.

Peevemor
02-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Was the general feeling not more "it's not his squad, see what he changes in the summer"?

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-04-2010, 12:01 PM
True to an extent, although Mixu played essentially the same players during that run-in that he played all season long IIRC.

Yogi could experiment with new formations and players in the run-in. In the forwards, Yogi could play Byrne, maybe give Benji the full 90 minutes for a change? Midfield he could go with Welsh, Galbraith, maybe even play Thicot in his proper position for a change, and give Brown his long-awaited chance in goals. It would freshen things up, might give some of the players a kick up the erky, and Yogi might learn a thing or two before the tough decisions he'll need to make in the summer.

I can see the sense in that right enough. If we got some points against Hamilton, Well and Utd and the results against ther other teams made no difference, that might be ok, but imagine a nightmare scenario if Celtic and Hamilton both beat us, would we want to risk five straight defeats and write them off as experiments? It would not send us away happy for the summer.

judas
02-04-2010, 12:04 PM
anyone else extremely nervous that we won't pick up any more (or less than 3) points between now and the end of the season??

Celtic (h)
Hamilton (a)

Post top-Six Split
Motherwell (h)
D Utd (a)
Hearts (h) / St Johnstone (a)
Rangers (h)
Celtic (a)

post split fixtures have been given home and away in accordance to our fixtures against them this season and i know they dont always go to plan.

Hibs will collect 8 points from the remaining fixtures.

Gie it a rest eh.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Hibs will collect 8 points from the remaining fixtures.

Gie it a rest eh.

If I remember correctly, that will be more than we've ever collected after the top 6 split.

Woody70x2
02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
I work beside Yam and Huns supporters and they want to bet that we wont win a game after the split.

I would love to prove then wrong but like yourself not sure we the points are going to come from.

Motherwell and the yam games mite give us something but i'm not convinced in the way we play.

I think it is a decent bet having 5 opportunities to win a game post split in order to win? Test their resolve and take the bet?