PDA

View Full Version : Yams Season Ticket prices

Billy McKirdy
01-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Talking to my pal tonight who is a ST holder in the West Stand.
He was telling me the prices for season tickets for Hibs & Hearts compare unfavourably. Basically he was saying that a basic Adult season ticket at Easter Road is £380 compared to £260 for Tynecastle and a basic Child season ticket at ER is approx £80 compared to £25 for Tynie.
Now I know that there are various packages to take into account here, including Family tickets ect, but the vast disparity between the the basic prices between the two clubs seem a bit of a rip-off to me if you are a Hibby, Seems to lend weight to the argument about the comparative attendances between the two clubss. any thoughts on this? :confused:

marinello59
01-04-2010, 10:24 PM
He was telling me the prices for season tickets for Hibs & Hearts compare unfavourably. Basically he was saying that a basic Adult season ticket at Easter Road is £380 compared to £260 for Tynecastle and a basic Child season ticket at ER is approx £80 compared to £25 for Tynie.
Now I know that there are various packages to take into account here, including Family tickets ect, but the vast disparity between the the basic prices between the two clubs seem a bit of a rip-off to me if you are a Hibby, any thoughts on this? :confused:

They are in a much better financial position than us and can also afford to pay their players more despite the lower season ticket prices.
Petrie.:grr:

Billy McKirdy
01-04-2010, 10:28 PM
They are in a much better financial position than us and can also afford to pay their players more despite the lower season ticket prices.
Petrie.:grr:

How are they in a better financial position than us? they are £40m in debt...We are nowhere near that. where is the extra cash the club is creaming off us per ticket going? :confused:

McD
01-04-2010, 10:32 PM
How are they in a better financial position than us? they are £40m in debt...We are nowhere near that. where is the extra cash the club is creaming off us per ticket going? :confused:

Think he was being ironic :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
01-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Now I know that there are various packages to take into account here, including Family tickets ect, but the vast disparity between the the basic prices between the two clubs seem a bit of a rip-off to me if you are a Hibby, Seems to lend weight to the argument about the comparative attendances between the two clubss. any thoughts on this? :confused:
£405 next season.

iwasthere1972
01-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Think he was being ironic :greengrin

Or sarcastic. :wink:

MyJo
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100331/prices-and-zones_2257176_1611900

£260 will get you an adult season ticket for the lower section of the stands behind the goals only if you buy before 13th April, thereafter until 11th May the same seat is £285 and after then its £295.

The same seats at easter road will cost you £355 for an adult ticket

Season tickets at tynecastle in the deathtrap after 11th May are £340 compared to £380 at easter road for a seat in the new east

seats in thier "gold section" which is the upper tiers of the gorgie/wheatfield after 11th May are £395...comparable seats in Easter road are £380 for the north and £405 for the west.

as for the £25 tickets they are only for under 12s. the price for a comparable ticket at easter road is £75 for the "family" section in the FF but our ticket is under-15. kids aged 13-18 at tynecastle would be charged £125 to £165 for thier season tickets. while we offer a ticket for 15 to 18 year olds priced between £95 and £170.

I'd say that your fine if your under 12 and want to go to tynecastle but if your 13-18 easter road is cheaper and while the adults prices are more expensive at easter road its not by much and that is probably reflective of the quality of the two stadiums.

In other words your mate is comparing the best bit of hearts package and the worst part of hibs' package and ignoring the rest of the factors.

Jambo propaganda if ever i heard it :agree:

marinello59
01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Or sarcastic. :wink:

A fair cop, it was sarcasm. Apologies to the OP.

Are they selling full season tickets for the Roseburn lower then? Looks like they are.

Billy McKirdy
01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100331/prices-and-zones_2257176_1611900 (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100331/prices-and-zones_2257176_1611900)

£260 will get you an adult season ticket for the lower section of the stands behind the goals only if you buy before 13th April, thereafter until 11th May the same seat is £285 and after then its £295.

The same seats at easter road will cost you £355 for an adult ticket

Season tickets at tynecastle in the deathtrap after 11th May are £340 compared to £380 at easter road for a seat in the new east

seats in thier "gold section" which is the upper tiers of the gorgie/wheatfield after 11th May are £395...comparable seats in Easter road are £380 for the north and £405 for the west.

as for the £25 tickets they are only for under 12s. the price for a comparable ticket at easter road is £75 for the "family" section in the FF but our ticket is under-15. kids aged 13-18 at tynecastle would be charged £125 to £165 for thier season tickets. while we offer a ticket for 15 to 18 year olds priced between £95 and £170.

I'd say that your fine if your under 12 and want to go to tynecastle but if your 13-18 easter road is cheaper and while the adults prices are more expensive at easter road its not by much and that is probably reflective of the quality of the two stadiums.

In other words your mate is comparing the best bit of hearts package and the worst part of hibs' package and ignoring the rest of the factors.

Jambo propaganda if ever i heard it :agree:

It did seem too good to be true tbf.

wont put me off renewing for next season...and im not being sarcastic :greengrin...keep the faith :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
01-04-2010, 11:20 PM

An interesting stat. Even if they sold every seat (approx 3,500) in the Roseburn Stand at £290 a pop for a S.T. (£1,015,000) it wouldn't be enough to pay the combined annual salaries of Nade and Kingston (£1,300,000).

Long may it remain.

Tick Tock. :devil: