PDA

View Full Version : Keepers

Liam89
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I think it is very stupid to change the keepers about every time they make one mistake. It doesn't exactly will them with confidence does it? :confused:

AugustaHibs
01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Would rather have good keeper unconfident than *****e keeper unconfident.

Liam89
01-04-2010, 05:29 PM
But we have rotated Smith/Stack for weeks now and Imo Brown deserved his chance if Yogi is playing the make a mistake and get dropped game. P.S i think we should stick with Smith.

Franck is God
01-04-2010, 05:36 PM
its not changing Stack because he's made mistakes its because he's not very good.

Liam89
01-04-2010, 05:42 PM
its not changing Stack because he's made mistakes its because he's not very good.

But then smith comes in makes a mistake and gets shifted back for stack?

Franck is God
01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
But then smith comes in makes a mistake and gets shifted back for stack?

I couldn't care less about our keepers making errors as long as the rest of the job they do has a positive affect on the team and the results on the pitch. As I have pointed out countless times all keepers make mistakes, the best ones make fewer but they also win points for their teams.

Stack is at best a league 2 keeper at about the same level as Simon Brown, he will only ever make the saves that you would expect any keeper to make but nothing more.

Already for Hibs I have seen Maka be the difference in games and has won us many points and has made far fewer mistakes than some would have you believe. Smith has won us points since he arrived and has made some outstanding saves and been the difference for us in most of the games he has played. I've seen Brown do the same job for Caley in the past and it was no surprise to me that the season after he left they conceded far more goals and were relegated.

We have three keepers at ER better in all aspects of goal keeping than Stack and I personally am raging that he is getting picked at all, wouldn't even have a squad number if it was up to me.

Diclonius
01-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Smith should keep the jersey. He's clearly better.

If not, then keep Stack and stay with him Yogi.

Liam89
01-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Smith should keep the jersey. He's clearly better.

If not, then keep Stack and stay with him Yogi.

Exactly my point!