PDA

View Full Version : Mark Brown

MWHIBBIES
01-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Remember when we signed Brown Stack was injured and I remember reading roumours on here saying stack was finished.Did we sign brown because yogi also thought this or was it just a normal signing.

.Sean.
01-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Said from day one, although he is a good keeper he is a waste of a wage.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
IIRC Smith is just til the end of this season?

In which case looks like Yogi has built in a bit of succession planning and contingency (for Stack). For a position we have been weak in I think he's doing the right thing. Let the keepers who are staking a claim to further their career or keep the number 1 position at Hibs fight it out. Either way Hibs should look to get the best from the talent available.

In terms of continuity that's where things seem a little odd. Smith can rightly feel aggrieved.

PC Stamp
01-04-2010, 07:09 PM
IIRC Smith is just til the end of this season?

In which case looks like Yogi has built in a bit of succession planning and contingency (for Stack). For a position we have been weak in I think he's doing the right thing. Let the keepers who are staking a claim to further their career or keep the number 1 position at Hibs fight it out. Either way Hibs should look to get the best from the talent available.

In terms of continuity that's where things seem a little odd. Smith can rightly feel aggrieved.

IIRC Smith signed an 18 month contract in January which means he's here next season.

DH1875
02-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Said from day one, although he is a good keeper he is a waste of a wage.

:agree:
not sure about the good keeper part though.

Gmack7
02-04-2010, 03:10 PM
from what i can recall from his time at inverness/celtic and killie he is the best keeper at the club, IMHO

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-04-2010, 03:10 PM
IIRC Smith signed an 18 month contract in January which means he's here next season.

I think that loko is right. Didn't Smith say something about getting in a few games for us and then heading back down South again at the first opportunity...[ or was this is a verbal typo????:lips seal]

AgentDaleCooper
02-04-2010, 09:10 PM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5817880,00.html

says here it's till the end of next season:agree: