PDA

View Full Version : Players yogi has signed.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 12:16 PM
If we were to compile a list of players we want out the door, how many of those would be Yogi's signings?

Speedway
01-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Maka - Not Yogi
Flynn - Not Yogi
McCann - Not Yogi
Hogg - Not Yogi
Stevenson - Not Yogi
Thicot - Not Yogi
Rankin - Not Yogi
Benji - Not Yogi
Cregg - Yogi
Nish - Not Yogi

Interesting.

Ritchie
01-04-2010, 12:18 PM
stack, cregg........ and miller if he doesnt get his head out his arse.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Players I wouldn't shed a tear over if they were to leave in the summer;

Makalambay
McCormack
Hogg
Thicot
Rankin
Stevenson
Cregg
Benjelloun

I'm a fan of Colin Nish but I am finding it hard to defend him after last night, particularly after THAT chance at 1-2. There's a part of me that just wouldn't like to see him go to another SPL team though, which would happen if we were to let him go as I can't see him getting a move to England.

I think Bamba will leave in the summer, especially if he has a decent world cup, and Gow will go back to Plymouth for next year too.

So just one of Hughes' signings would be leaving if I had my way.

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 12:32 PM
If we were to compile a list of players we want out the door, how many of those would be Yogi's signings?
Do we include in the pool of players from which to make our selection the six youngsters promoted from the U-19s last year?

Presumably Yogi OK'd them. Was it not his input that got the 7th, Paddy Deane, despatched?

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Do we include in the pool of players from which to make our selection the six youngsters promoted from the U-19s last year?

Presumably Yogi OK'd them. Was it not his input that got the 7th, Paddy Deane, despatched?

I have no idea how good these players are? Perhaps you could enlighten me?

Beefster
01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
The only ones that I'd be miffed to see go would be Murray, Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Stokes.

Out of the rest, some I actively want binned and others I'm indifferent about.

bawheid
01-04-2010, 12:38 PM

They won the U-19 double last year so must be decent prospects. Far too much to expect them to all break through this season IMO.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
They won the U-19 double last year so must be decent prospects. Far too much to expect them to all break through this season IMO.

Yip, a great achievement. Wotherspoon apart, i have seen nothing of the rest, apart from a brief appearance from Byrne i think it was St Mirren? How are we supposed to judge them?

Baader
01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I think Yogi has a pretty good eye for a player. Sometimes just a bit confused as to some of the selections or where players are asked to play. But his general quality of signing is good.

HibeeDaz6270
01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Players I wouldn't shed a tear over if they were to leave in the summer;

Makalambay
McCormack
Hogg
Thicot
Rankin
Stevenson
Cregg
Benjelloun

I'm a fan of Colin Nish but I am finding it hard to defend him after last night, particularly after THAT chance at 1-2. There's a part of me that just wouldn't like to see him go to another SPL team though, which would happen if we were to let him go as I can't see him getting a move to England.

I think Bamba will leave in the summer, especially if he has a decent world cup, and Gow will go back to Plymouth for next year too.

So just one of Hughes' signings would be leaving if I had my way.

A fan of nish?...He is rank rotten. Bad 1st touch, cannot hold up play and breaks down so many moves because of this. I would much rather get him off the wage bill, let him play for any other spl side, and for us to put his wages towards geting Garry OConnor back. I know thats unlikely, but if OConnor is in anyway interested, we should get him in. The likes of Kevin Kyle, Billy Mehmet, Higdon even that Showumni at falkirk would do a better Job than Nish. Maybe am overly critical, but he just doesnt have it for me. Very frustrating player to watch.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Nish is a player, like a few others have 's taken us to where we are now. For us to improve again, we need better.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2010, 02:58 PM
A fan of nish?...He is rank rotten. Bad 1st touch, cannot hold up play and breaks down so many moves because of this. I would much rather get him off the wage bill, let him play for any other spl side, and for us to put his wages towards geting Garry OConnor back. I know thats unlikely, but if OConnor is in anyway interested, we should get him in. The likes of Kevin Kyle, Billy Mehmet, Higdon even that Showumni at falkirk would do a better Job than Nish. Maybe am overly critical, but he just doesnt have it for me. Very frustrating player to watch.

Kevin Kyle-Has scored just three goals since October.
Billy Mehmet-Has scored just three goals in the SPL this season.
Michael Higdon-Has scored just five goals this season.
Enoch Showunmi-Has scored just seven goals in two years.

There is a case to put forward in support of Kyle, certainly based on his form last year, but all things considered, I have seen nothing from any of the four players that you have mentioned that suggests that they "would do a better job than Nish".

Nish is a player, like a few others have 's taken us to where we are now. For us to improve again, we need better.

I'm inclined to agree that if we are to improve then we need better than Colin Nish and I'm not saying we can't get better than him, I just don't see any names being suggested on here who I think would be a better all-round option than Nish.

For a start, he has a proven goalscoring record in the SPL, he is up there as one of the leading all time goalscorers in SPL history. He hasn't been as prolific with us as he was at Kilmarnock but he has a record of about a goal ever four games since he's been at Hibs. That's not particularly brilliant for a striker but I think he is a decent squad player to have around the club.

HibeeDaz6270
01-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Kevin Kyle-Has scored just three goals since October.
Billy Mehmet-Has scored just three goals in the SPL this season.
Michael Higdon-Has scored just five goals this season.
Enoch Showunmi-Has scored just seven goals in two years.

There is a case to put forward in support of Kyle, certainly based on his form last year, but all things considered, I have seen nothing from any of the four players that you have mentioned that suggests that they "would do a better job than Nish".

I'm inclined to agree that if we are to improve then we need better than Colin Nish and I'm not saying we can't get better than him, I just don't see any names being suggested on here who I think would be a better all-round option than Nish.

For a start, he has a proven goalscoring record in the SPL, he is up there as one of the leading all time goalscorers in SPL history. He hasn't been as prolific with us as he was at Kilmarnock but he has a record of about a goal ever four games since he's been at Hibs. That's not particularly brilliant for a striker but I think he is a decent squad player to have around the club.

We are not talking about just goals here are we? A Target man is not all about scoring goals. He is about holding the ball up and bringing other players into play. This is something Nish doesnt do, the amount of time our play will break down because of his first touch etc is frustrating. Also out of interest, how many goals have these teams scored? I believe with some of the chances nish has had other players would do a lot better. Its not the goalscoring thats the problem for me though. Its the fact he breaks down so much play and simply cannot hold the ball up, this effects the full team. Its not just about goalscoring, its all round play.

Spudster
01-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Stokes :tin hat:

Hibbyradge
01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Nish works hard for the team and gives the opposition a torrid time.

Cregg looked good last night and I'd give him another chance.

Benji is a waste of a strip.

Lewis Stevenson has played one good game for us.

Bamba will be sold.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2010, 03:31 PM
We are not talking about just goals here are we? A Target man is not all about scoring goals. He is about holding the ball up and bringing other players into play. This is something Nish doesnt do, the amount of time our play will break down because of his first touch etc is frustrating. Also out of interest, how many goals have these teams scored? I believe with some of the chances nish has had other players would do a lot better. Its not the goalscoring thats the problem for me though. Its the fact he breaks down so much play and simply cannot hold the ball up, this effects the full team. Its not just about goalscoring, its all round play.

Goals is the only hard fact that is possible to highlight without any debate and it's also the main thing that strikers are judged on. Bringing others into play, holding the ball up and his first touch is something that some people will say Colin Nish is fine at and others, like yourself, will say that he's not good enough at those sides of the game.

FWIW, I actually think Colin Nish DOES bring other people into play. If you listen to a few of his team mates who have spoken on this subject this season, they'll tell you that he is the most selfless striker that we have at the club and isn't bothered if he scores or not, as long as the team wins.

Bishop Hibee
01-04-2010, 03:34 PM

The only ones I'd get rid of is possibly Cregg and on his performances recently Miller. I thought Cregg was our best player last night though. In a 38 game season plus hopefully a few European/Cup games any club would need a squad of at least 20 first team players. This means there will be players of a lesser quality than the first XI in the squad.

As for the others, Benji, Thicot, Stevenson, McCormack, McCann should be released/transferred. Bamba will leave in the summer and Gow will return to Plymouth.

If we get rid of Nish, Rankin, even Riordan and Stokes which people have been suggesting :crazy:, it will leave Yogi far too much to do in the transfer market.

That's a lot of players but I'm hopeful Booth and Galbraith will play left back and left midfield next season with Murray being pushed into a midfield role.

It will leave us needing at least an established centre half and right back, a wide right player with pace and a forward with pace.

Time will tell if Yogi can get it right but I think he should have the chance. I'm against changing manager at the end of each season unless we finish third.

gstarbry1875
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Goalkeepers:

Graham Stack - Yogi signing
Graeme Smith - Yogi signing
Mark Brown - Yogi signing
Yves Makalambay - John Collins signing
Thomas Flynn - Yogi (through youths under Yogi)

Defenders:

Chris Hogg - Mowbray signing
Sol Bamba - Mixu signing
Paul Hanlon - Mixu (through youths under Mixu)
Ian Murray - Mixu signing
Steven Thicot - Mixu signing
Kevin McCann - John Collins (through youths under JC)
Darren McCormack - Mixu (through youths under Mixu)
Lee Currie - Yogi (through youths under Yogi)

Midfielders:

Liam Miller - Yogi signing
Kevin McBride - Yogi signing
John Rankin - Mixu signing
Patrick Cregg - Yogi signing
Lewis Stevenson - John Collins (broke through under JC)
Sean Welsh - Yogi (through youths under Yogi)
Danny Galbraith - Yogi Signing
Merouane Zemmama - Mowbray signing
David Wotherspoon - Yogi (through youths under Yogi)

Strikers:

Derek Riordan - Mixu signing
Anthony Stokes - Yogi signing
Colin Nish - Mixu signing
Kurtis Byrne - Yogi (through youths under Yogi)
Benji - Mowbray signing
Alan Gow - Yogi signing on loan

That's the full squad Yogi has got at the moment, can't believe he hasn't signed a defender, the only current defender in the squad that has came through under him is Currie and he has been loaned out. Interesting to see the amount of players brought in/through youths and the majority are midfielders and he has his 'goalkeeping school'.

Severely need to strengthen the defence! The players i would get rid of in the summer are:

Makalambay
Hogg
Thicot
McCormack
Rankin
Stevenson
Gow (wouldn't renew loan)

I think we will see a big clearout in the summer and i think we will see a few shocks with players leaving me might not expect.

Houchy
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Maka - Not Yogi
Flynn - Not Yogi
McCann - Not Yogi
Hogg - Not Yogi
Stevenson - Not Yogi
Thicot - Not Yogi
Rankin - Not Yogi
Benji - Not Yogi
Cregg - Yogi
Nish - Not Yogi

Interesting.

Why McCann? Right back, 22 years old, not on a big wage and was showing to be a pretty solid tackler and making right back his own until he got injured.

I understand that he's now classed as "injury prone" but as I say, it's not like he's lying on the treatment table on £15,000 a week (Kingston).

I think it's only fair to at least give him a season when fully fit before judging him. I believe he's now almost, if not fully, over his injury now so get a full pre season and a few pre season friendlies and he might be like a new signing.

All IMHO obviously.

And no, I'm not Kevin McCann:greengrin

HibeeDaz6270
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Goals is the only hard fact that is possible to highlight without any debate and it's also the main thing that strikers are judged on. Bringing others into play, holding the ball up and his first touch is something that some people will say Colin Nish is fine at and others, like yourself, will say that he's not good enough at those sides of the game.

FWIW, I actually think Colin Nish DOES bring other people into play. If you listen to a few of his team mates who have spoken on this subject this season, they'll tell you that he is the most selfless striker that we have at the club and isn't bothered if he scores or not, as long as the team wins.
He may not be greedy, and he may try and bring others into play, although for me he doesnt do it, Why? because he is not good enough. If we are wanting to move forward as a club, and consistently finish 3rd and push the old firm. Players such as Colin Nish, John Rankin, Lewis Stevenson, Steven Thicot are simply not good enough.

Slightly off topic, but many went on about giving thicot a chance, and i was happy to see him given a chance, and hes done ok, but lets not kid ourselfs and think he is good enough either. He is not, not if Hibs are to be the third force in scottish football, we need to be aiming higher than that. David Van Zanten was awful for us, But i tell you what, i think now that he has moved on, and the way we are playing just now, I dont think he would be all that bad there. At least its his natural position.

West Upper
01-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't mind if we got rid of :

Makalambay
Thicot
Stevenson
Rankin
Cregg
Benji
Gow

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-04-2010, 06:02 PM
....are all useless

:agree:

Eaststand
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM
:top marks100% accurate, and full marks for pointing out exactly why the big fella aint right or us.
He's a decent guy, a popular east coast lad and everybody says he's a cast iron Hibby - thats great but I know loads of folks in the same category and I'd hate to see most of them in our team
I wish him all the best for his career but I hope it aint with us for too much longer

GGTTH

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Well whether we have seen them in action or not, they are part of the first team squad and therefore must be as much candidates for the push this summer as any other member of the squad, no?

A harsh interpretation of the lack of appearances of all other than Wotherspoon is that they haven't demonstrated that they can bring anything better to the first team.

So my question is, BH, do you regard the promoted U-19s from last year as Yogi's choices or not?

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Well whether we have seen them in action or not, they are part of the first team squad and therefore must be as much candidates for the push this summer as any other member of the squad, no?

A harsh interpretation of the lack of appearances of all other than Wotherspoon is that they haven't demonstrated that they can bring anything better to the first team.

So my question is, BH, do you regard the promoted U-19s from last year as Yogi's choices or not?

They are obviously promoted players from the 19s, but i dont think they are players we should regard as yogi's signings, that was the question after all. I suppose he could have just released them, and not had a look at how they'd fare when stepping up a grade?

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
They are obviously promoted players from the 19s, but i dont think they are players we should regard as yogi's signings, that was the question after all. I suppose he could have just released them, and not had a look at how they'd fare when stepping up a grade?
Like he did with Paddy Deane, yeah.

So assuming then that the youngsters are excluded from this exercise, that means that out of the 28 players in the squad only 9 are classified as 'Yogi's picks'.

Out of those nine, Stack and Gow can toddle off IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Like he did with Paddy Deane, yeah.

So assuming then that the youngsters are excluded from this exercise, that means that out of the 28 players in the squad only 9 are classified as 'Yogi's picks'.

Out of those nine, Stack and Gow can toddle off IMHO.

Did Paddy deane deserve a new contract?

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Did Paddy deane deserve a new contract?
I don't know. What do you think?

I named him because it is clear that Hughes had some influence over the decision as to whether or not Deane should stay at ER. And if he did in that instance then presumably he gave the OK to the other six U-19s to stay on.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 07:37 PM

I named him because it is clear that Hughes had some influence over the decision as to whether or not Deane should stay at ER. And if he did in that instance then presumably he gave the OK to the other six U-19s to stay on.

I'd have thought he'd have minimal knowledge, he'd probably seen that under 19 side a few times, and would have taken a lot from what the 19s manager would have told him. Although i have no real information on the subject, its only guesswork. If Yogi was the sole reason why Deane was let go, was he wrong, and should he have given them all professional contracts?

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I'd have thought he'd have minimal knowledge, he'd probably seen that under 19 side a few times, and would have taken a lot from what the 19s manager would have told him. Although i have no real information on the subject, its only guesswork. If Yogi was the sole reason why Deane was let go, was he wrong, and should he have given them all professional contracts?
You're missing the point. My original question was very clear and I have explained it quite plainly.

Presumably were you to say, 'Yes, the U-19s are Yogi's choices' then that would create a longer list of players for folks to select from in answering the question in your OP; a list equivalent to over half the current squad.

I suspect that you wish to keep the list as short as possible.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 08:04 PM
You're missing the point. My original question was very clear and I have explained it quite plainly.

Presumably were you to say, 'Yes, the U-19s are Yogi's choices' then that would create a longer list of players for folks to select from in answering the question in your OP; a list equivalent to over half the current squad.

I suspect that you wish to keep the list as short as possible.

I dont want to keep the list long or short, there are kids who are stepping up every year at every club in britain, the only other option is to get rid of them??? Personally i dont count them as first team players, but players that deserve a look at in better company. If they take their chance, and get some playing time, all the better, and if we get a gem like wotherspoon even better still.

What i am saying is the players he's brought to the club, have been better than those they have replaced. He still has a lot of dross that needs culled. Of last nights starting line up, only stack, cregg and miller had signed for us under yogi, the rest were here when we were struggling to qualify for the top 6.
Yet now we are not struggling to get in the top 6th, we are 4th, suddenly we want 3rd a lot quicker than anyone else seems to get it, forgetting were we were this time last season.:confused:

Franck is God
01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I would have no issue with any player in the entire squad leaving in the summer as long as it suits the club as much as the player leaving.

I have seen everyone listing the players that they don't like regardless of what they bring to the team. I personally quite like Colin Nish, if there was a better option available on money we can afford I'd say fair enough but there simply isn't. All the players in the squad can't say enough good things about him, I assume they are all wrong?

Also to list players that have hardly played and haven't even reached their 21st birthday yet is a bit pointless is it not?

Realistically we have 3 or 4 sellable players, I could see sides being interested in Stokes, Bamba, Zemmama and due to his early season form and undoubted potential maybe Wotherspoon too but thats about it. The only other players that are likely to leave will be the ones that are out of contract and aren't being offered another.

I personally don't see a mass exodus of players in the summer and I do hope that we see the return of the reserve league so our second string players can keep up their match fitness and have a better platform to force their way into the first team.

Jones28
01-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Yip, a great achievement. Wotherspoon apart, i have seen nothing of the rest, apart from a brief appearance from Byrne i think it was St Mirren? How are we supposed to judge them?
Also came on against Aberdeen. Looked a bit shy in the ball but set up Nish's first goal :cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM

I'm not sure why you picked Deane out for treatment but I think the story went that Yogi was sending him on loan, Deane wasn't happy and said you'd be better of releasing me, so Yogi said ok - see you later, good luck.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2010, 09:07 PM
He may not be greedy, and he may try and bring others into play, although for me he doesnt do it, Why? because he is not good enough. If we are wanting to move forward as a club, and consistently finish 3rd and push the old firm. Players such as Colin Nish, John Rankin, Lewis Stevenson, Steven Thicot are simply not good enough.

Slightly off topic, but many went on about giving thicot a chance, and i was happy to see him given a chance, and hes done ok, but lets not kid ourselfs and think he is good enough either. He is not, not if Hibs are to be the third force in scottish football, we need to be aiming higher than that. David Van Zanten was awful for us, But i tell you what, i think now that he has moved on, and the way we are playing just now, I dont think he would be all that bad there. At least its his natural position.

I agree that, for where we want to be, Colin Nish isn't quite good enough, I have said that very thing in a previous post earlier in this thread but for me, Nish is a very useful squad player to have around. I accept though that we should have two or three strikers at the club who are ahead of Nish in the pecking order. At the moment, given that Riordan is played at left midfield, the only striker who is, and should be, ahead of Nish at the moment is Stokes.

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure why you picked Deane out for treatment but I think the story went that Yogi was sending him on loan, Deane wasn't happy and said you'd be better of releasing me, so Yogi said ok - see you later, good luck.
Treatment? What treatment? Read post #29 again.

And you have confirmed my point that Yogi was involved in the decision on whether or not the U-19s should step up to the first team squad.

However we might view these lads from our own perspective, they have been members of the senior squad this season and therefore readily available for selection for the first team. They will be at the bottom end of the pay-scale but they will be on senior player contracts.

Therefore the reality is that for 15 out of our current first team squad of 28 players, Yogi has been involved in the decision to put them there. A little over 50%.

I'm not convinced that posters realise this when they call for wholesale changes in the playing squad over the next two or three transfer windows. Effectively half the squad is already Yogi's.

bawheid
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Therefore the reality is that for 15 out of our current first team squad of 28 players, Yogi has been involved in the decision to put them there. A little over 50%.

I'm not convinced that posters realise this when they call for wholesale changes in the playing squad over the next two or three transfer windows. Effectively half the squad is already Yogi's.

I respect your right to be concerned about Hughes as Hibs manager, but that is nonsense IMO.

These kids (and that's what they are btw) were promoted to the 1st team squad by the academy director and Mixu before Hughes came in. He got rid of Deane because he showed the wrong attitude when being asked to go out on loan.

Even then, none of these boys were expected to make an impact in the 1st team this season. The fact Wotherspoon has is a massive bonus. Riordan, O'Connor and the rest of them were around the 1st team squad for a good season and a bit before making it into the team. You can't just throw these guys in and it's unfair to judge them like the rest of the squad.

To use them to try and score points regarding whether the Hibs squad is Hughes' making or not is not really on IMO.

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I respect your right to be concerned about Hughes as Hibs manager, but that is nonsense IMO.

These kids (and that's what they are btw) were promoted to the 1st team squad by the academy director and Mixu before Hughes came in. He got rid of Deane because he showed the wrong attitude when being asked to go out on loan.

Even then, none of these boys were expected to make an impact in the 1st team this season. The fact Wotherspoon has is a massive bonus. Riordan, O'Connor and the rest of them were around the 1st team squad for a good season and a bit before making it into the team. You can't just throw these guys in and it's unfair to judge them like the rest of the squad.

To use them to try and score points regarding whether the Hibs squad is Hughes' making or not is not really on IMO.
It's not a question of 'using' anything to 'score points', as you call it.

Football is a squad game and these lads are part of the first team squad. You can't deny that. With the exception of Moyes who has been out on loan all season they are all listed on the back of the match programme, if you're in any doubt. They are taking up part of the players' salary budget, albeit a relatively small one compared to the older players. So there is a conscious decision involved to hold on to them, just as there will be again at the end of this season when the next batch of graduates from U-19 level has to be decided upon.

If you prefer to ring-fence these lads and take them out of the equation altogether, then Hughes has signed 9 players out of the remaining 22, still over 40% of your revised 'squad'.

(And I had kind of picked up that the promoted U-19s were still kids. That aspect had not escaped me.)

HibeeDaz6270
01-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I agree that, for where we want to be, Colin Nish isn't quite good enough, I have said that very thing in a previous post earlier in this thread but for me, Nish is a very useful squad player to have around. I accept though that we should have two or three strikers at the club who are ahead of Nish in the pecking order. At the moment, given that Riordan is played at left midfield, the only striker who is, and should be, ahead of Nish at the moment is Stokes.
Exactly, For me Stokes and Riordan should be upfront. For Nish to be played ahead of stokes just baffles me. At the moment, I accept Nish is a useful back up player. Although for us to go forward, We need to have better than that. At the end of the season, i would rather his wages be put towards some1 that can do his role effectively. I wish Garry O would come home!! What a signing he would be. Cant see it though.

bawheid
01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
It's not a question of 'using' anything to 'score points', as you call it.

Football is a squad game and these lads are part of the first team squad. You can't deny that. With the exception of Moyes who has been out on loan all season they are all listed on the back of the match programme, if you're in any doubt. They are taking up part of the players' salary budget, albeit a relatively small one compared to the older players. So there is a conscious decision involved to hold on to them, just as there will be again at the end of this season when the next batch of graduates from U-19 level has to be decided upon.

If you prefer to ring-fence these lads and take them out of the equation altogether, then Hughes has signed 9 players out of the remaining 22, still over 40% of your revised 'squad'.

(And I had kind of picked up that the promoted U-19s were still kids. That aspect had not escaped me.)

I think it's a debate, and both sides try and score points.

I'm aware they are listed in the match programme and are part of the 1st team squad. Nobody should expect them to walk straight into the 1st eleven and perform regularly though. That's not 'ring-fencing' them, it's a fact of trying to bring through youth players.

Of the nine signings Hughes has made, the vast majority have improved Hibs. This is shown in our league placing.

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 11:00 PM
I think it's a debate, and both sides try and score points.

I'm aware they are listed in the match programme and are part of the 1st team squad. Nobody should expect them to walk straight into the 1st eleven and perform regularly though. That's not 'ring-fencing' them, it's a fact of trying to bring through youth players.

Of the nine signings Hughes has made, the vast majority have improved Hibs. This is shown in our league placing.
I don't believe I stated that as having been my expectations for them either.

vahibbie
01-04-2010, 11:12 PM

In Yogi's estimation.

Galbraith is a Yogi signing and his lack of appearances would also suggest he can't bring anything better to the team. Going by the screams on here for him to get a start or at least more playing time would suggest Yogi is wrong.