PDA

View Full Version : When two tribes go to war!

Hibstrooper
01-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Looking down the threads on the front page and it's amazing how split we've become.

One thread calling for people to give Yogi time full of people agreeing is quickly followed by another calling for his head again full of people agreeing.

If we can't pull together as a fan base and give the club (not just the team on the pitch) our universal support how do we expect the club to progress?

How ironic that it's started to go down hill since the Hibees Reunited initiative!

I'm not going go into the debate of whether Yogi should stay or go, what we have to realise is that Yogi isn't going anywhere so we are where we are. The best thing we can do is get behind our team as one, play our part and help them through a difficult period.

:notworthy: after all!

bawheid
01-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Undercover yams & Hibby drama queens vs. The rest

:hnet:

Cropley10
01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Looking down the threads on the front page and it's amazing how split we've become.

One thread calling for people to give Yogi time full of people agreeing is quickly followed by another calling for his head again full of people agreeing.

If we can't pull together as a fan base and give the club (not just the team on the pitch) our universal support how do we expect the club to progress?

How ironic that it's started to go down hill since the Hibees Reunited initiative!

I'm not going go into the debate of whether Yogi should stay or go, what we have to realise is that Yogi isn't going anywhere so we are where we are. The best thing we can do is get behind our team as one, play our part and help them through a difficult period.

The Hibees reunited initiative that added about 60 to the gate?:devil:

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 11:53 AM

That much is very true. :agree:

Removed
01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
But not everyone who posts on here is a Hibs supporter, and even some who are appear to enjoy times like we are having now rather than the pre Christmas run.

Strange but true.

Bad Martini
01-04-2010, 11:57 AM
But not everyone who posts on here is a Hibs supporter, and even some who are appear to enjoy times like we are having now rather than the pre Christmas run.

Strange but true.

Most of them are bawbags though mate. :greengrin
(...and probably consider a KTM 690 to be a good looking machine) :agree:

RIP
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Spot on

There was a time when I thought that people who post on here were somehow representative of our support. Just like I thought that everyone who came to matches and sat in amongst us was a Hibby.

I'm glad I woke up

I now take everything I read on here with a large pinch of salt and my own views not seriously at all

If I was Rod, Scott or Yogi I'd class all message boards as an irrelevance to the team and club

It's merely a mechanism to skive when you are meant to be working, slaver pash you would never dare utter in public and to kid yourself on you are somehow undermining your rivals (Message to all undercover Yams)

Bad Martini
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
It's merely a mechanism to skive when you are meant to be working, slaver pash you would never dare utter in public and to kid yourself on you are somehow undermining your rivals (Message to all undercover Yams)

...and also, for unbridled, unrepentent, unequivocal, pure, utter, complete and total radgeness :thumbsup:

munchar
01-04-2010, 12:10 PM

:top marks :thumbsup: :scarf: 4th in the league, although gutted about last night & cup defeat, but after only 9 months & 2 transfer windows, i think its a bit soon to ask for a change. See what happens in the summer. Im sure Yogi is finding out who is up for the task by now and will make changes accordingly in the summer. His signings have been good, and if he can add similar quality and empty the dead wood, hopefully we can move on to bigger and better things. If not, then we can start asking questions. Until then, lets ALL get behind the team, and hopefully secure a european spot! :flag::partyhibb

degenerated
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM

Strange but true.

a lot of them seem to have only registered in March 2010 as well :greengrin

time for me to do some investigating i reckon, and sniff them out before rounding up some pipe hitting hibbies and going medieval on their asses with a blow torch and some pliers :agree:

Speedway
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
It's simple, Yogi needs to be sacked NOW and if the board doesn't give him their full backing in the next transfer window, I'm not renewing my season ticket.

degenerated
01-04-2010, 12:17 PM
It's simple, Yogi needs to be sacked NOW and if the board doesn't give him their full backing in the next transfer window, I'm not renewing my season ticket.

i'm not going back till we end this ten game losing streak, any wins included within that streak excepted, that Salford Hibs brought to our attention last night.

bawheid
01-04-2010, 12:19 PM
a lot of them seem to have only registered in March 2010 as well :greengrin

time for me to do some investigating i reckon, and sniff them out before rounding up some pipe hitting hibbies and going medieval on their asses with a blow torch and some pliers :agree:

Salford Hibs

Is the correct answer...

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 12:59 PM
If I was Rod, Scott or Yogi I'd class all message boards as an irrelevance to the team and club

I think the majority of posters on this message board are faceless nonentities.

And a lot are very transparent Yams as well.

down the slope
01-04-2010, 01:14 PM

If i am a yam i have been going to ER since the early sixties-what an erse.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
If i am a yam i have been going to ER since the early sixties-what an erse.

Sorry, I think you picked me up wrong. I was talking about the general situation where there are lots of trolls around on the board, and also Yogi saying that internet boards are full of faceless critics.

I hope that sorts things. I certainly wasn't getting at you.

Diclonius
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Personally, I'm not going back until we win our next three matches 3-0 or higher. if we're scored against then that's a ****ing disgrace. Total shambles at the back. Yogi out.

noseyhibby
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
We have become polarised as a set of supporters and this in a democracy is not unhealthy.
Football can incite the best and worst in people as it draws on basic human emotions. Fans in general want success, unfortunately they want it instantly. It is all too easy to lose patience and become frustrated. I'm as guilty as anyone in this regard. My excuse being that I have watched my adopted team for around 45 years and seen it fail again and again and again. This said, when admission prices were affordable and didn't leave a gaping hole in ones pocket then taking a defeat was that much easier to take. I spent the best part of £25 going to watch our boys against The Arabs the other night and after watching yet another capitulation and poor performance I trudged off home not even shaking my head as I'd seen it all before. I knew then that I would once again not purchase a season ticket and would pick and choose the odd match next season.
I have posted my views on Hibs.Net for a wee while now, some negative (depending on ones stance) but I can state here and now that I have never taken it out on the players during a game. I try my best to cheer the team on. This is my approach. It works for me.

sambajustice
01-04-2010, 09:01 PM
The OP is an undercover Yam!!!

Bostonhibby
01-04-2010, 09:18 PM

:agree: We should replace the whole thing with live video conferencing - except for the Yam part - transparent or otherwise there will probably still be children watching.

Captain Trips
01-04-2010, 09:19 PM
The fans need do nothing they have given it a lot more than the team, I for one am not interested in the 1000th time in last 10yrs to get behind the team cry, we do and they let us down. Its over to the squad now.

Hibstrooper
02-04-2010, 01:33 PM
The OP is an undercover Yam!!!

SambaJustice is a less than undercover Tim :greengrin

ekhibee
02-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Probably the best thing to remember is that on this messageboard it is totally irrelevant what Hearts fans think at any time, and the views of people who have been to the game, whether they differ from mine or not, are always relevant. I know there are people on here who join kickback to see what's going on there, but from a personal point of view, it's something I would never do, I'm not interested in anything they have to say about Hibs at any time. I couldn't care less if they went bankcrupt and closed down altogether, proud history or not, but that's just my opinion, and I wouldn't expect their fans, the majority of them anyway, to feel any differently about us. What's interesting about this messageboard is that sometimes there is news which is quite true, and doesn't appear on the official site till about a week later. Also, the views of others who were at the same game as me, offering a different perspective on what took place at the game, that kind of thing. So for example, I quite like Thicot as a player, I do think there is definite potential there, he's just having to play in the wrong position, which isn't his fault,and others might have a different point of view from me that way. That certainly doesn't mean they are wrong, because in this case it is just my opinion.

Wilson
02-04-2010, 04:37 PM

What is apparent is that some fans will happy clap right to the bitter end. I gave Williamson my support for too long. Others backed Mixu and Collins right up until they walked. There are plenty who wouldn't have sacked Sauzee.

In spite of the cold hard facts of performances and results some fans just wont jump off the bandwagon. That is not always a good thing if you are backing a man who just doesn't cut it.

I'm not saying Yogi doesn't deserve our backing. We are in 4th after all. His report card right now should certainly read as 'cause for concern' though.

hibiedude
02-04-2010, 04:48 PM
What is apparent is that some fans will happy clap right to the bitter end. I gave Williamson my support for too long. Others backed Mixu and Collins right up until they walked. There are plenty who wouldn't have sacked Sauzee.

In spite of the cold hard facts of performances and results some fans just wont jump off the bandwagon. That is not always a good thing if you are backing a man who just doesn't cut it.

I'm not saying Yogi doesn't deserve our backing. We are in 4th after all. His report card right now should certainly read as 'cause for concern' though.

Some fans except that we were due a poor run because history tells us that what’s expected' so for some strange reason that makes it ok.

It mite be ok for them but not for me.

marinello59
02-04-2010, 04:57 PM
We have become polarised as a set of supporters and this in a democracy is not unhealthy.

I don't think that is true. I think the vast majority of fans fall somewhere in the middle, sometimes up, sometimes down.

Phil D. Rolls
02-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Some fans except that we were due a poor run because history tells us that what’s expected' so for some strange reason that makes it ok.

It mite be ok for them but not for me.

What can we do to change things?

degenerated
02-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't think that is true. I think the vast majority of fans fall somewhere in the middle, sometimes up, sometimes down.

not on here they don't we're either going to win the league or be relegated.

and for what's it worth i'm not going back ever again as being in 4th position in the league at this stage is unacceptable :grr:

degenerated
02-04-2010, 06:14 PM
What can we do to change things?

i'm starting a protest tomorrow night, i've got a tent and i'm camping outside easter road till we end this 10 game run of defeats, excepting any games we have won during it.

perhaps we need a G10, i fancy a blazer with shiny buttons

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2010, 09:13 AM
i'm starting a protest tomorrow night, i've got a tent and i'm camping outside easter road till we end this 10 game run of defeats, excepting any games we have won during it.

perhaps we need a G10, i fancy a blazer with shiny buttons

I agree, it's time the fans of this FAMOUS OLD CLUB got together and started to influence the factors which must inevitably and indubitably be being brought to bear on the infrastructure and component parts of this, er, famous old club.

That's right, we must all take the opportunity, and indeed the challenge of rising up as a single, combined, and unique force in shaping the hitherto unshaped and motionless destiny of this famous, and old, and indeed recognisable the world over, institution.

Myself, and some other selves, will be taking the opportunity forthwith and without hesitation of meeting with the board of this famous old club at the first available opportunity to discuss, and indeed, deal with the issues such as they are and where they may be when they aris, to the trustees of this institution, which is not only famous, but also old.

To that end, there will be a meeting convened at the earliest opporchancity to deal with these obsequious and distressing events which have affected the fans, families and employees of this famous and old group of supporters who have, er, supported the club through thin and thin, lose - draw and lose, week in year out.

At great expense to many of our personal and social activities and indeed romantic liasons. Many of your trusted representatives of this famous old supporters groups and affiliated organisations, have regrettably, yet understandably paid for their love of this famous old club, by forsaking the love and affection of significant others - be the male, female, white or white, or anything else which would get us into trouble if we didn't mention it.

In summary, and to draw matters to a conclusion a meeting will be convened as a matter of urgency in the back room of that famous old pub, Middletons of Easter Road (non nazi) in which these concerning and worrying matters will be meeted about and discussed.

(If we get thrown out of there, we can meet at the back of the North Stand).

To the barricades men (and women), we have nothing to lose at all. Not our self respect, our reputation for intelligence, our famous old organisational skills - nothing.

yours in anger

Finbarr O'Fishes

ps GGTH

Bostonhibby
03-04-2010, 09:56 AM
I agree, it's time the fans of this FAMOUS OLD CLUB got together and started to influence the factors which must inevitably and indubitably be being brought to bear on the infrastructure and component parts of this, er, famous old club.

That's right, we must all take the opportunity, and indeed the challenge of rising up as a single, combined, and unique force in shaping the hitherto unshaped and motionless destiny of this famous, and old, and indeed recognisable the world over, institution.

Myself, and some other selves, will be taking the opportunity forthwith and without hesitation of meeting with the board of this famous old club at the first available opportunity to discuss, and indeed, deal with the issues such as they are and where they may be when they aris, to the trustees of this institution, which is not only famous, but also old.

To that end, there will be a meeting convened at the earliest opporchancity to deal with these obsequious and distressing events which have affected the fans, families and employees of this famous and old group of supporters who have, er, supported the club through thin and thin, lose - draw and lose, week in year out.

At great expense to many of our personal and social activities and indeed romantic liasons. Many of your trusted representatives of this famous old supporters groups and affiliated organisations, have regrettably, yet understandably paid for their love of this famous old club, by forsaking the love and affection of significant others - be the male, female, white or white, or anything else which would get us into trouble if we didn't mention it.

In summary, and to draw matters to a conclusion a meeting will be convened as a matter of urgency in the back room of that famous old pub, Middletons of Easter Road (non nazi) in which these concerning and worrying matters will be meeted about and discussed.

(If we get thrown out of there, we can meet at the back of the North Stand).

To the barricades men (and women), we have nothing to lose at all. Not our self respect, our reputation for intelligence, our famous old organisational skills - nothing.

yours in anger

Finbarr O'Fishes

ps GGTH

:faf: but if we are getting blazers, would we no be better holding it in a discreet corner of a bowling club somewhere, so as not to cause a fuss? just a thought as its what big teams do when a crisis is looming, or needs to be denied.

whiskyhibby
03-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Undercover yams & Hibby drama queens vs. The rest

:hnet:

Absolutely right...................despite the disappointment in recent weeks its Yogi who got us there in the 1st place and lets just see where we end up come the final day of the season..

:jamboak::jamboak:

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2010, 12:43 PM
:faf: but if we are getting blazers, would we no be better holding it in a discreet corner of a bowling club somewhere, so as not to cause a fuss? just a thought as its what big teams do when a crisis is looming, or needs to be denied.

We have so much to learn. :agree: