PDA

View Full Version : Should we risk giving Yogi another year?

Vince White
01-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Still smarting from last night's latest performance by Yogi's easybeats and I'm now convinced he does not, and will not, have what it takes to takes Hibs forward.

He's rebuilding some will say. He can rebuild all he wants, but new players will make no difference if he continues to deploy the same naive tactics week after week. He already HAS plenty decent players. He just can't seem to set them up in a way that prevents the opposition carving open countless chances every game. Anyone who was at Falkirk will know that they could easily have scored three or four.

If Yogi remains in charge I can see a long hard season ahead next time out. As for Celtic on Sunday, it could be embarrassing. If they're gifted as much possession as United then Keane could help himself to a barrowload.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Of course we should, he needs to get the dross out the door, and more quality in.

sahib
01-04-2010, 10:35 AM
No I would give him longer.

SRHibs
01-04-2010, 10:36 AM
I think his signing policy has led to his own demise. He wants players who play with 'their heart on their sleeves', yet contradicts this by signing what he describes as 'mavericks'. It's a cliche I know, but we do need players who will play for the shirt.
I wouldn't give him another year as he'll just sign more players that he can't get the best out of, and will infuriate us with his tactical idiocy.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 10:37 AM
"risk"? How's it a risk?

Removed
01-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Yet another bonkers thread.

marinello59
01-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Still smarting from last night's latest performance by Yogi's easybeats and I'm now convinced he does not, and will not, have what it takes to takes Hibs forward.

He's rebuilding some will say. He can rebuild all he wants, but new players will make no difference if he continues to deploy the same naive tactics week after week. He already HAS plenty decent players. He just can't seem to set them up in a way that prevents the opposition carving open countless chances every game. Anyone who was at Falkirk will know that they could easily have scored three or four.

If Yogi remains in charge I can see a long hard season ahead next time out. As for Celtic on Sunday, it could be embarrassing. If they're gifted as much possession as United then Keane could help himself to a barrowload.

We laugh at the Yams for their constant managerial upheaval. Seriously, do we only give a manager three quarters of a season now? Geezus.

Westie1875
01-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Of course we should, he needs to get the dross out the door, and more quality in.

:agree: Changing managers too often is what has got us into this mess, should never have let JC go IMO.

Yogi needs more time to build HIS team.

smurf
01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Depends if this current sequence of results and form lasts until the end of the season.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Does anyone else smell it?

bawheid
01-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Does anyone else smell it?

Yes.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Yes.

You'd think its owner would bring one of those wee bags to clean up its mess though?

Vince White
01-04-2010, 10:56 AM
"risk"? How's it a risk?

I think it's a risk on current evidence, where we look likely to ship four or more goals per game. If I thought Yogi really seemed to know what he was doing I'd be prepared to cut him some slack but IMHO we've been down this road before with Jim Duffy. Supposedly promising young manager given a bit more time and then getting us relegated. I'd hope we won't be bad enough to get relegated next season but my gut feeling is we're heading backwards rather than forwards under the current manager.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 11:02 AM
I think it's a risk on current evidence, where we look likely to ship four or more goals per game. If I thought Yogi really seemed to know what he was doing I'd be prepared to cut him some slack but IMHO we've been down this road before with Jim Duffy. Supposedly promising young manager given a bit more time and then getting us relegated. I'd hope we won't be bad enough to get relegated next season but my gut feeling is we're heading backwards rather than forwards under the current manager.

FFS. Current evidence shows us as the 4th best team in the country.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Yes, for a variety of reasons.

1-Since Tony Mowbray left in 2006, we have had three managers in under four years. That is no good for stability and I think that we need to give Hughes a chance for the time being, as long as we are not competing at the wrong end of the league. Also if we sack Hughes, who do we bring in to replace him? It would most likely be yet another gamble and not someone with a proven track record.

2-Whether it is actually the case or not remains to be seen but Hughes seems adamant, and in my opinion is also pretty convincing, when he says that he knows what he needs to do over the coming months to change things for the better and he still knows where he wants to take the club and the kind of personnel that he needs in the team that will allow him to achieve his targets.

3-It has been shown at other clubs, including Dundee Utd, the kind of team that a manager can establish if he is given time to do it. Craig Levein took about three years to build up the side that is currently at Tannadice. It didn't happen overnight.

4-There are a number of players who, in my opinion, simply are not good enough for Hibs and for where Hughes wants to take the club. I'm not going to go into naming names on this thread as I'm sure there are countless threads on this subject on here already. These players need to be shipped out in the summer and Hughes and Rice need to identify about six or seven players who are going to take the club forward and who fit into the John Hughes vision that he keeps talking about in interviews. He hasn't even been at Hibs for a year yet and I don't think you can expect miracles when the general consensus on here last summer was that the new manager had a massive rebuilding job on his hands given the awful season that we had last year and also in clearing out most of the dross that had been brought to the club by Collins and Paatelainen.

I am willing to give Hughes time because I still believe he has what it takes to take this club to where we all want it to be. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part and perhaps Hughes will end up proving to be the wrong man for the job and we will need to go our separate ways. If we are still playing the way we're currently playing and still getting the results that we're currently getting by Christmas and into the New Year, then I think serious questions will need to be asked and maybe a change will be required.

For the moment though, I am personally not at the stage where I think his position is untenable.

Vini1875
01-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Yes the current run of results is poor, but there is no doubting that the squad has improved. Yogi has a load of work to do.

I actually wonder if the fault lies with the fans here. I think we have got ourselves carried away with what could have happened with this team and that we wrongly assumed our players were better than the rest, they are not. We have been telling ourselves that our strikers were better than the rest, but really it is just Deeks and Stokes. We started to shout about Bamba being a £5M world cup star, when he was a bombscare defender when we signed him. We went on how bad the OF were, but they are still spending way more than the rest on wages and have more quality. How many of our players would get a game there at the moment? So now that the players and manager haven't lived up to over exagerrated opinion of them we want them shot.

Yogi has done well up to now and given at least two more transfer windows will give us an even stronger squad while moving on under achievers. It has been said that he is not getting the best out of the players, but then again maybe he is and they are simply not good enough for the job. He may well know it, but has no other replacements and can't really say out loud these players are crap and not good enough.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 11:29 AM
He may well know it, but has no other replacements and can't really say out loud these players are crap and not good enough.

It must be the only thing he isn't saying out loud. IMO one of the problems is that Yogi has too much to say in the press. I think he'd be better just to get on with the job, and concentrate on relations with the players, behind the scenes.

Gatecrasher
01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
"risk"? How's it a risk?

That was my first thought as well.

Vince White
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
FFS. Current evidence shows us as the 4th best team in the country.

Come off it. We're only 4th because of the points accumulated until January. Since then I'd wager we are statistically among the worst teams in the SPL. I suspect only Falkirk have picked up fewer points in the last couple of months.

I can understand why some think it's harsh to judge a manager on one season, but can anyone honestly say they watch Hibs at the moment and think 'aye, I can see real signs that Yogi is building something good here'?

matty_f
01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Come off it. We're only 4th because of the points accumulated until January. Since then I'd wager we are statistically among the worst teams in the SPL. I suspect only Falkirk have picked up fewer points in the last couple of months.

I can understand why some think it's harsh to judge a manager on one season, but can anyone honestly say they watch Hibs at the moment and think 'aye, I can see real signs that Yogi is building something good here'?

Is that how the season works now, league placings will only be worked out from a convenient point to suit someone's argument?

Phil D. Rolls

So the points that we accumulated up to January don't count? In that case Hearts must be on course for another tilt at the Champions League. Good job there will be a stadium in Edinburgh that will be suitable come August.

Hibs - always thinking of the bigger picture. Not bad for a wee team.

marinello59

Well going by that logic before January we were one of the best teams in the SPL.:greengrin
So are we best, worst or.......and this might be an option some on here haven't considered............. somewhere in between?

An Leargaidh
01-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Yogi has a win percentage of approximately 45%. I think John Collins managed 42% and McLeish 47% so it is not as if we are losing every game. I think we have got our expectations up too high with the better performance at the beginning of the season and we should just be happy to finish 3rd or 4th which will still be better than last year IIRC.

So since the departure of Pa Moomin back to Finland the club has increased its position on the SPL. If we can hold even 4th then that will be a climb of 2 places. Aye we got kicked out the Cups but Mixu didn't get us anywhere in them either.

Despite whatever has caused the end of season dross performances and disappointed expectations we are still moving up and I think Yogi should definitely get another year :cool2:

HFC 0-7
01-04-2010, 11:40 AM

Totally agree, but, Yogi had the chance to bring in players where we really needed them and he never, we ended up with 3 new goalies, too many small midfielders and most importantly no defenders! I am not sure if Yogi is the right man now!

Joe Baker II
01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
I like Hughes and and he seems able to talk decent players into signing for us and in ideal world he should be given more time - however he may not get that. Board must be wondering if Mowbray would be interested given they are going to have a higher capacity ground to fill and he is only manager we have had who regularly drew near sell outs to ER for non-OF/Hearts games.

Bad Martini
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Im no convinced aboot Yogi's tactical skills.

That said, I am convinced this site is full of undercover yams on the windup with **** all better to do than talk ***** about Hibs when in fact, they are more ****ed than even we thought possible just a few years ago.

That said, we're the ones who're obsessed with them.

Rather be Hibs and playing sheite than yams and no be around in 5 years.

ENDOF

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Im no convinced aboot Yogi's tactical skills.

That said, I am convinced this site is full of undercover yams on the windup with **** all better to do than talk ***** about Hibs when in fact, they are more ****ed than even we thought possible just a few years ago.

Spot on. It's becoming clearer as the days go on.

HFC 0-7
01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Yogi has a win percentage of approximately 45%. I think John Collins managed 42% and McLeish 47% so it is not as if we are losing every game. I think we have got our expectations up too high with the better performance at the beginning of the season and we should just be happy to finish 3rd or 4th which will still be better than last year IIRC.

So since the departure of Pa Moomin back to Finland the club has increased its position on the SPL. If we can hold even 4th then that will be a climb of 2 places. Aye we got kicked out the Cups but Mixu didn't get us anywhere in them either.

Despite whatever has caused the end of season dross performances and disappointed expectations we are still moving up and I think Yogi should definitely get another year :cool2:

Yogi has a good win rate, but the problem is the performances in the second half of the season. At some point, and hopefully before its not too late, you have to draw the line. If we were losing games but still getting decent performances and effort out the players then I think there would be no question that Yogi deserves more time, however, the performances and effort for the last few months have been nothing short of shocking. Yogi prides himself in being able to create confidence, unity and fight into a team, these seem to be completely missing at present.

Hibs have better players than last season, the other teams around us dont seem to be as good as last season(rangers, Celtic, Motherwell, Hearts and aberdeen) so you would expect hibs to be a lot better than last season, but performances for the last few months have shown otherwise.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2010, 11:47 AM

Do we not count our points tally before Christmas now? :confused:

Yes since Christmas our form has been poor but we are still in 4th place despite that poor form. It doesn't say much for all the teams below us like Motherwell, Hearts, St Johnstone and Aberdeen if we've been crap and yet we're still in the position we're in.

We are the 4th best team in the country just now. It probably is a poor reflection on the state of the SPL this season but it's still a fact.

1875 NO 1
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Yogi has to show he has got it tactically aware - for me I have got my doubts. The next transfer window will show if he has fixed the problems in the team -

centre halfs that cant clear their lines and deal with cross balls
no right backs
height and power in midfield
natural width and pace
target man to leed the line

1875 NO 1
01-04-2010, 11:51 AM

correct but his dealings in the Jan window were poor 2 goalies and a fancy dan forward palyer. We needed 1 keeper but 2.

We need a right back and a solid midfielder.

Bad Martini
01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Yogi has to show he has got it tactically aware - for me I have got my doubts. The next transfer window will show if he has fixed the problems in the team -

centre halfs that cant clear their lines and deal with cross balls
no right backs
height and power in midfield
natural width and pace
target man to leed the line

So pretty much the entire team/existing personell are sheite then?

Hmmm.:rolleyes:

James70
01-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I was all for Yogi getting the job and I am certainly glad we did not take Gannon. Although I now have serious doubts about him no manager deserves to be binned after one season after taking their club to 4th spot. However the pressure will be on him to bring in the right men during the summer because there is something greatly missing about the balance, strength and character in the team.

RIP
01-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Maybe we should just have a private members board. Twenty quid a year.

Should weed out most of the Yams no?

This board is reeking of shight atm!

Speedway
01-04-2010, 12:16 PM
correct but his dealings in the Jan window were poor 2 goalies and a fancy dan forward palyer. We needed 1 keeper but 2.

We need a right back and a solid midfielder.

and?

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 01:13 PM
and?

A left back, Murray gives his all, but his distribution is slow and about as good as Hogg's. A right midfielder, Wotherspoon might do, but we need another too. A central midfielder along the same lines as McBride, one who's not injured all the time, and hopefully better than him too. A left sided midfielder, Riordans not the answer, Galbraith might be, but he's only a kid, and we need more than just him. Another centre half, and another target man, one who CAN hold the ball up.
All in all, virtually half a new team.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Maybe we should just have a private members board. Twenty quid a year.

Should weed out most of the Yams no?

This board is reeking of shight atm!

Absolutely full of doe eyed "Hibbys" wanting to talk about the clubs poor prospects, its collapse in the second half of the season, and whether building a stand has impacted on performances on the pitch.

I feel like I'm on an extended cruise on the Gardy Loo!

MrSmith
01-04-2010, 01:28 PM
I wonder who plan Z will be then?

:grr:

bighairyfaeleith
01-04-2010, 01:41 PM
i voted no cos i ****ing hate yams

hibsbollah
01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I cant decide. There is stuff going on 'behind the scenes' apparently...Could we vote again when we find out what the stuff is?:confused:

Diclonius
01-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Of course we should.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Have I missed the deadline?
When does this get sent to RP?

Maybe the OP is awaiting clearance of his Open Letter first?

Diclonius
01-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Have I missed the deadline?
When does this get sent to RP?

Well if it doesn't get sent soon, then we'll be calling for the person who was supposed to send it to get sacked and get replaced by an up and coming opinion sender. The current quality isn't good enough right now IMO.

Also, there's something going on about the quality of the current guy's opinion sending that we don't know. However, whatever it may be is - we have been assured - very significant and too mysterious for us mere mortals to comprehend. The world awaits.

Westie1875
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking that this poll hasn't gone the way the OP wanted it to so far. Seems the majority are sensible and still behind Yogi. :thumbsup:

basehibby
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
It must be the only thing he isn't saying out loud. IMO one of the problems is that Yogi has too much to say in the press. I think he'd be better just to get on with the job, and concentrate on relations with the players, behind the scenes.

FFS how fickle are football fans!
It wasn't that long ago that many were shouting from the rooftops that the club doesn't do enough to communicate with the fans - now we have a manager who it seems is a natural talker and now that's not good enough! :grr::grr::grr:

From what I can see, Yogi's communication with the press is part of a wider policy of openness and honesty. He seems to like to keep the fans informed of his thoughts and what's going on at the club - so you DON'T want to be kept informed??? How about just not buying a newspaper/reading an article/watching an interview then?

Personally I LIKE to be kept informed and am happy with Hughes' openness. Incidentally, reading the regular nonsense from certain .netters desparate to show ANYTHING Hughes says up in a bad light is also a constant source of amusement which would dry up if Yogi wasn't quite so candid in his interviews.

bighairyfaeleith
01-04-2010, 02:40 PM
I cant decide. There is stuff going on 'behind the scenes' apparently...Could we vote again when we find out what the stuff is?:confused:

:greengrin pretty sure there will be another post each day for the foreseeable

joebakerforever
01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Although I've yet to be convinced he is the man for the job, imo he is not the disaster that Mixu was.

Looks like the panicky headless chickens on here are getting their feathers ruffled again and to demand a third change at the helm in two years is just plain daft.

I do think our position in the league has got as much to do with the dire overall quality in the SPL this season, rather than the Management team's efforts to galvanize us.

By the end of this Season he will hopefully be in a better position to empty some of the passengers and make some decent signings (please no more midgets) if given a decent budget.

So a qualified Yes from moi.

Hibee-Rocker
01-04-2010, 03:40 PM
What exactly is the risk? we are in a better position than last season, 10points ahead of them, STILL fighting for third.... Aye we are going through a dip, but every team goes through a dip, and i think the guy deserves to be givin a proper chance, not papped out at the first sign
Of a dip in form.....

Some folk want to have a word with themselves!

This is all fall back from folk actually thinking we could finish 2nd, when in real life it was never gonna happen

Viva_Palmeiras
01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
What a load of Vince White.:wink:

poolman
01-04-2010, 04:03 PM

A bigger load o keek I have yet to read :bye:

whiskyhibby
01-04-2010, 04:16 PM
I did warn you on one of his previous posts that there was a distinct Yam agenda, this perhaps confirms it.........................:yawn::yawn:

The_Todd
01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
No, I wouldn't "risk" it because it's not really a "risk".

Yogi will be here next season, some of the squad won't. This will do.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I'd go further than a year, i'd give him at least 3 more to see his vision through.:thumbsup:

johncrobertson@
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I wonder if the Man United Messageboards had a similar poll after Alex Fergusons first season which did not go too well. Give Yogi a chance for god's sake.:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM
FFS how fickle are football fans!
I

Ask me tomorrow.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM

Yes, most Hibs fans certainly hope we don't get relegated next year, but most of know that we can trust the board to act quicker than they did with Duffy. Let's face it he was so bad, I'd be surprised if any cub was desperate enough, or stupid enough to offer him a post doing anything other than club janitor.

Mowbray was a tried and tested manager, eh, and Collins had a lot of management experience, em, and then Mixu certainly had loads of experience at Cooden, and eh.....I think you are talking utter sh*te.

Rasta_Hibs
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Definatly wanting Hughes here next season.

I think a few players are letting him down from what i seen at last nights game.

FranckSuzy
01-04-2010, 05:31 PM
What a load of Vince White.:wink:

:top marks:faf:

FranckSuzy
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Could we maybe have a Yam amnesty, you know, like the police do with guns? What could we promise in return if they 'come out' I wonder? :spammy: A nicer shade of pink for their name and this ----->? http://www.hibs.net/message/attachment.php?attachmentid=5584&d=1269884336

Hibby D
01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I'd go further than a year, i'd give him at least 3 more to see his vision through.:thumbsup:

Same here - he's the man and I'm behind him 100%.

Once he gets rid of the dead wood God willing (okay RP willing), he'll be given sufficient funds to bring in the players we desperately need, and then the time needed to mould them.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Could we maybe have a Yam amnesty, you know, like the police do with guns? What could we promise in return if they 'come out' I wonder? :spammy: A nicer shade of pink for their name and this ----->? http://www.hibs.net/message/attachment.php?attachmentid=5584&d=1269884336

I'd be very nice to one, if I was allowed to adopt it. I've got a nice wee basket for it in my seller, and I'd only want it to rub up against my leg once a week. Other than that, its time would be its own.

Mibbes Aye
01-04-2010, 06:12 PM

Mmmmnn :agree: The internationally-famous 'Stevie "Fail" Fail Method' of evaluating team performance.

I like how you say it may be harsh to judge a manager on a season, when you appear to be judging him on three months. Still, that's longer than the mere nanosecond a yam manager has in charge before Vlad goes through the induction checklist and reminds him who's really boss :agree: :greengrin

heidtheba
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
JH seems to be not making the most of the players at his disposal and I wasn't a big fan of his to come but I'm sure he will know what needs to be done. A few of the players need to get their fingers out too.

Mowbray being kicked out of Sellick is, IMHO, neither here nor their in relation to whether Hughes should stay. He wouldn't come, I doubt we could afford him and do we really want him?

Yes we've had a truly dire 2010 but, as many posters have rightly pointed out, we're still 4th, fighting chance of 3rd and have better players than we did last season.

A season is a season, not from August to December and not from January to May.

JH to stay, some players to be emptied, some to be given a serious kick up the erkie.

Vince White
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
A lot of folk seem to pinning their belief on the fact Yogi is likely to clear out the 'dead wood' in the summer and bring in more players. Seems to me Yogi has already brought in plenty of players (8 as far as I'm aware) so we can hardly argue he's not getting leeway from the board to build his own team. Until a few weeks ago most on here, myself included, reckoned we had the strongest squad outwith the Old Firm. I still happen to think that's the case, but the manager's just not getting what he should out of them. However, Yogi's defenders now claim he's handicapped by the players he inherited.

Dead wood? What dead wood? Who exactly do you see him getting shot of? Bamba appears to think he's leaving but I'd call him a decent player, not dead wood. OK, Maka seems out of the picture, while guys like Thicot who are on the bench more often than not will likely be on their way. But of the regular first-teamers who get slated on here who will actually leave? Yogi often defends Nish against his detractors, describing him as one of the team's most important players. Unless he's only saying that to boost his confidence I can't see him getting shown the door. Hogg? He made him captain so he's surely unlikely to punt him, despite the fact most can see he'll never be the answer in defence.

I'd love to be proved wrong and will be delighted to put my hands up and admit I ain't got a clue what I'm talking about if Yogi proves to be a success, but I just don't see a couple of new signings making a great deal of difference if the manager continues to adopt tactics that leave us so wide open. Fair enough, the poll shows only about one in four agree with me but that's still a significant minority who fear Yogi is steering our ship towards the rocks.

hibee_nation
01-04-2010, 11:31 PM
A lot of folk seem to pinning their belief on the fact Yogi is likely to clear out the 'dead wood' in the summer and bring in more players. Seems to me Yogi has already brought in plenty of players (8 as far as I'm aware) so we can hardly argue he's not getting leeway from the board to build his own team. Until a few weeks ago most on here, myself included, reckoned we had the strongest squad outwith the Old Firm. I still happen to think that's the case, but the manager's just not getting what he should out of them. However, Yogi's defenders now claim he's handicapped by the players he inherited.

Dead wood? What dead wood? Who exactly do you see him getting shot of? Bamba appears to think he's leaving but I'd call him a decent player, not dead wood. OK, Maka seems out of the picture, while guys like Thicot who are on the bench more often than not will likely be on their way. But of the regular first-teamers who get slated on here who will actually leave? Yogi often defends Nish against his detractors, describing him as one of the team's most important players. Unless he's only saying that to boost his confidence I can't see him getting shown the door. Hogg? He made him captain so he's surely unlikely to punt him, despite the fact most can see he'll never be the answer in defence.

I'd love to be proved wrong and will be delighted to put my hands up and admit I ain't got a clue what I'm talking about if Yogi proves to be a success, but I just don't see a couple of new signings making a great deal of difference if the manager continues to adopt tactics that leave us so wide open. Fair enough, the poll shows only about one in four agree with me but that's still a significant minority who fear Yogi is steering our ship towards the rocks.

Nah it just shows you how many yam bams post on here. In Yogi we trust.

Phil D. Rolls
02-04-2010, 08:38 AM

The only thing significant about that minority is how small it is. It is a signpost to how out of touch you are. It is an indicator of how badly you judged people's thoughts. Or it could be the number of people who just disagree with the tosh that you wrote at the top of the thread. It's a landslide victory for those who want him to stay.

You are just making mischief if you try to keep an argument going when it is so obvious you are so out of touch. You're entitled to argue an opinion from your own perspective, but to try and make out you have a body of support for your thoughts is just wrong.

What is it with Yams and the ability to turn a negative into a positive - especially when figures are involved?

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Nah it just shows you how many yam bams post on here. In Yogi we trust.

Pity it's not a public poll - that would give us a clue as to who's who.

I assume the admins will be able to see who's voted "behind the scenes" - they can take away the known depressives and shoud be left with Hearts fans.

Vince White
02-04-2010, 09:02 AM
The only thing significant about that minority is how small it is. It is a signpost to how out of touch you are. It is an indicator of how badly you judged people's thoughts. Or it could be the number of people who just disagree with the tosh that you wrote at the top of the thread. It's a landslide victory for those who want him to stay.

You are just making mischief if you try to keep an argument going when it is so obvious you are so out of touch. You're entitled to argue an opinion from your own perspective, but to try and make out you have a body of support for your thoughts is just wrong.

What is it with Yams and the ability to turn a negative into a positive - especially when figures are involved?

I think that's harsh. I'm not trying to make out I have a body of support or achieve some sort of 'victory' here. As you say I'm entitled to an opinion and my opinion is that the football I'm seeing from Hibs is extremely poor. IMHO that's down to the manager who I think is showing few, if any, signs of being able to improve things. I know I'm not the only Hibs fan who feels this way and was simply interested to see just how many share my thoughts. As it turns out a large majority still think Yogi deserves more time which is fine. I just don't happen to agree. End of, as some on here like to say.

stanton_4
02-04-2010, 09:12 AM
I just dinnae get it. Why on earth would you even think of booting him out the door? From what I've seen there has been a definite improvement this year. Okay maybe things have gone off the rails a bit recently but it's still an improvement. For me John Hughes is still the man for the job. I like the way he talks and his philosophies. He's only been in post for a nano second in management terms and already people want to punt him on because things aren't moving quickly enough for them. Patience people patience.

Scorrie
02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Of course he should get another year. Ok we are on a bad run at the moment but we have well improved on last year. He himself has said that we are a bit ahead of schedule. He needs to shift some players this year and some better ones in, or at least ones wishing to battle a bit. We need stability; ah've had enough transition for a while.

Stevie Reid
02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Absolutely delighted and relieved with the poll result, I was actually beginning to worry that the majority of hibs.netters thought that being 4th place (and 10 points clear of 6th) two games before the split was a sackable offence for a Hibs manager.

8 years ago we were saddled with £17M worth of debt and on the verge of selling ER. Now we've traded our way out of that debt and are about to finish the stadium, with our £5M training centre already in place. After the bottom 6 finishes under Williamson, we have finished top 6 every year whilst 'cutting our cloth', and still appeared in cup semis at Hampden and, oh yeah, won a League Cup in 2007.

We have been well ahead of our SPL rivals in adjusting our finances for the long term, and the first signs of a significant wage outlay have been shown in Stokes, Miller and Brown - if we can bring in more players of that calibre in the summer then we have every right to be optimistic for improvement on our current position next year (incidentally, let's also look at the trajectory of Aberdeen and Hearts, two of our main rivals - we're miles ahead of both, both on and off the park).

But we are not underachieving at the moment, far from it - the club as a whole is making great strides. Sure the slump we're currently experiencing has been a real downer, but we've already surpassed what we achieved last season, and a place in Europe is a distinct possibility. The bigger picture has to be kept in mind at times like these, as opposed to seeking quick fixes - though quite what we're trying to 'fix' when we're on track to surpass our league position for the last 3 seasons is beyond me.

aljo7-0
02-04-2010, 09:34 AM
JUst been to both my kids Parent's Evenings at school. They both got decent reports and I went home happy. If this was Yogi's Parent's Evening at the SPL Manager's School how would it sound?-

John tries very hard and puts in a lot of hours outside of game time.
There has been an improvement in the standard of the team's performance since last year.
He contriubutes greatly in his oral work and contributes in oral sessions with enthusiasm and passion.
The team has lacked a bit of consistency and John is working on that.
At present the team has mixed abilities and we are working with John to allow him to focus on the make up of the team over the summer holidays - he has been given a summer assignment to try and improve the ability through the team.
John told us at the start of the season trhat his goal was to improve the team from last year and get them into Europe is possible and ideally to challenge the 2 school bullies. He did however point out that it might take 2 or 3 school years to achieve this. he has not quite managed his ultimate goal but that was perhaps an over optimistic target. He should still achieve the primary target - the team has improved and very likely will achieve the European qualification too. With continuing hard work, a good summer project and a wee bit of luck we are confident John will achieve his targets.
All in all not a bad year's work.

RoYO!
02-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Yogi gtf! 10 points above our fiercest rivals and 4th place in the league with Europe beconning Is simply not good enough.... Apparently

stanton_4
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Well said Stevie Reid. :thumbsup:
I'm still laughing here Aljo... nice one. :greengrin

Vince White
10-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I thought Yogi deserved a little credit for last week's reasonable performance but today has proved I was wrong. Sorry Yogi but losing 4-1 to Hamilton. Pathetic. Sixth place here we come.

This manager is a liability and must go before he does REAL damage next season.

Hibeebor
10-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Wonder how many people want their vote back today? Me being one of them. Todays shambles has completely changed my mind. As a fan there's only so much you can take.

hibeesjoe
10-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Yogi should be given his P45. He can slaver on about having a vision for the team and why they are a million miles from being close but the buck stops with him. Its more or less his team now and if players aren't performing its up to him to get them motivated or move them on.

Not sure who they could bring in to replace him but im sure there must be better out there. cheers Yogi but shut the door on your way out. Another ex player failure

dawn
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm still trying to look at the bigger picture. As a fan you take it all, the good the bad and the ugly!
Today was another bad result, two penalties conceded and am I right in thinking we had a goal disallowed?
I still think Yogi needs time, and we cant see into the future, so I'm going to try to be positive.....there's nothing else for it.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Anybody got Johnny Logan's phone number? He should know the answer by now.

Gatecrasher
10-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm still trying to look at the bigger picture. As a fan you take it all, the good the bad and the ugly!
Today was another bad result, two penalties conceded and am I right in thinking we had a goal disallowed?
I still think Yogi needs time, and we cant see into the future, so I'm going to try to be positive.....there's nothing else for it.
thats all im clutching onto as well :agree:

BullbreedHFC
10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
was hoping Yogi could get us out of this mess, sad to say dont think he's the man, voted no

dawn
10-04-2010, 06:41 PM
thats all im clutching onto as well :agree:

Yep, I'm biting ma tongue.One thing for sure, if Yogi goes, Rod must take some responsibility and as way of apology give us an experienced manager.
I would rather see a good manager getting a good wage than primadonna players who couldnae care less!:grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
If we can hold onto fourth and then re-group in the summer we can look forward to a new east and european football next year. If we end up fifth, that will be very hard to take given that we were one or two games away from cementing third place at the turn of the year. But if we end up below Hearts, that would not be a credible performance at all and I would expect Hughes to walk. This is a results business after all and IMHO he would still be in charge because he once stood with us on the terraces.

Vince White
11-04-2010, 08:50 AM
If we can hold onto fourth and then re-group in the summer we can look forward to a new east and european football next year. If we end up fifth, that will be very hard to take given that we were one or two games away from cementing third place at the turn of the year. But if we end up below Hearts, that would not be a credible performance at all and I would expect Hughes to walk. This is a results business after all and IMHO he would still be in charge because he once stood with us on the terraces.

If we hold on to fourth it will only be due to Motherwell or Hearts failing to pick up enough points to overtake us as we are unlikely to pick up any more points this season on current evidence. As you say, if we finish sixth Hughes should seriously consider resignation.

offshorehibby
11-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Even after yesterday the answer is still yes. He's got to be given time to get rid of some of the dross. We just can't keep changing managers every season because season 1 dose not go to plan.

Right say we bring Mcinnes in and he is as good as people think he is, do you think he's going to hang around when a championship/premiership club come in for him after six months and we are right back to square one.

I seem to recall Levein having relay bad 1st seasons at Utd & hearts.

I also think he needs to look at his best mate style of management and start kicking arse.