PDA

View Full Version : Demolition of East Stand symbolic of our season

nickwhibs
01-04-2010, 10:24 AM
I was thinking about this the other day that our season has crumbled just like the east stand and happened about the same time. It's like the life and soul has been drained from the team, just like part of the life and soul of Easter Road without the east stand. I just hope that when the new east stand goes up, the team will be re-born with a new sense of life. A team and stand to be proud of. Just a thought...

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I was thinking about this the other day that our season has crumbled just like the east stand and happened about the same time. It's like the life and soul has been drained from the team, just like part of the life and soul of Easter Road without the east stand. I just hope that when the new east stand goes up, the team will be re-born with a new sense of life. A team and stand to be proud of. Just a thought...

Yeah, except we planned to rebuild the stand for some time, and the collapse happened before Christmas. We had a crumbling mess of a stand, we are rebuilding it, the same thing can happen with things on the pitch.

Things don't happen overnight at Hibs, and when the club says its going to do something, it usually does. Just think yourself lucky you're not a Yam living from hand to mouth, and being fed sh*t on a weekly basis.

Ritchie
01-04-2010, 10:36 AM
nothing to do with the East Stand.... the east stand doesnt pick the team.

Bobo
01-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Noticed at the match last night that some of the piles for the foundations were in place.

Maybe the builders could bury Stack, Thicot, Hogg, Rankin & Nish in with the piles 'cos they don't lay any foundation to our football team and wouldn't be missed!

nickwhibs
01-04-2010, 10:40 AM
nothing to do with the East Stand.... the east stand doesnt pick the team.

That's why I said 'symbolic' rather than 'related' in the title :wink: