PDA

View Full Version : Was it a penalty?

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 09:41 AM
From the top of the south stand, it looked as if hogg played the ball, and was never a penalty.:confused:

LancsHibs
01-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Not seen the replay yet mate? Yes it was!

hibee_girl
I didn't think it was a penalty at the time, it looked like a perfectly timed tackle from Hogg

Danderhall Hibs
At the game I thought it was a poor decision - saw it on ALBA last night and it looks like the ref got it right.

EH54
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
From where i was i thought he won the baw, was never a penalty,

when i seen highlights it was a penalty hogg was late

ballengeich
01-04-2010, 10:05 AM
From where i was i thought he won the baw, was never a penalty,

when i seen highlights it was a penalty hogg was late

Agreed. Live in the south stand it looked like a great tackle. Just watched the highlights and now think the ref was correct.

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
At the game I thought it was a poor decision - saw it on ALBA last night and it looks like the ref got it right.

I agree but I dont understand how the ball went off in the direction it did :confused:

McHibby
01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I watched the highlights on the Beeb website this morning, it was definately a penalty. If you can bare it....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8592876.stm

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 10:14 AM
I agree but I dont understand how the ball went off in the direction it did :confused:

I think the striker nicked it away before Hogg clattered him.

Ritchie
01-04-2010, 10:15 AM

probably took a bobble on our superb pitch!

110% penalty... stupid mistimed tackle!

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Just seen it on the bbc site, stonewall penalty, another great decision from Hogg. Apparently he's played in every England team from under 3s to the 19s. Cappelo surely cant ignore him for much longer?

JimBHibees
01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Just seen it on the bbc site, stonewall penalty, another great decision from Hogg. Apparently he's played in every England team from under 3s to the 19s. Cappelo surely cant ignore him for much longer?

:faf::faf:

dalkeith stu
01-04-2010, 10:52 AM

I hear he is waiting to see if Rio is going to be fully fit before giving Hogg a call.
:dunno:

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2010, 11:00 AM
100% stonewaller..

Stupid, slow, needless mistimed tackle..

Erse

jpt11
01-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Last night I was in the south and it was defo not a penalty.... watched it just now on the highlights... last night I did think hog was wrong footed but thought he got the ball. Watching the highlights I don't even think he got the ball.:grr:

lyonhibs
01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
100% stonewaller..

Stupid, slow, needless mistimed tackle..

Erse

Didn't think so at the game, but having seen it on the highlights, an absolute stick on penalty.

Just 1 part of an absolute holocaust of a game - again - for Hogg.

Cannae pass water, his "clearing" headers more or less always land us in *****e and inspires absolutely no confidence in supporters or - I suspect - fellow players.

Haste ye back Hanlon.

hibsbollah
01-04-2010, 01:26 PM
From the top of the south stand, it looked as if hogg played the ball, and was never a penalty.:confused:

Couldnt believe my eyes when I saw the highlights, it clearly was a penalty. I had a perfect view at the time and would have put my mortgage on it being a shocking attempt at a dive. Just shows you cant always trust your eyes.:confused:

On the other hand, its possible some fabricating of the video evidence was done after the event, possibly by the West-coast Dundonian-supporting, media mafia.

Hakim Sar
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
im prepared to admit i got it completely wrong. was doing my nut in south stand as i was 100% certain hogg got the ball.

highlights show the exact opposite. so i was wrong haha

an amazing decision by the ref to get it right imo... even though it cost us the game it was good refereeing

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2010, 02:15 PM

If it had been a Hibs forward tackled like that by a United defender, we would have been howling for a peno and frothing if we didn't get it. I have not seen it back, but I thought it was a stick on at the time.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 02:27 PM
If it had been a Hibs forward tackled like that by a United defender, we would have been howling for a peno and frothing if we didn't get it. I have not seen it back, but I thought it was a stick on at the time.

Were you in the south stand?

Hibbyradge
01-04-2010, 02:31 PM
It was a stone wall penalty and their third was onside.

The ref got those big decisions right so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt regarding the Ian Murray push.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Were you in the south stand?

low down in the west.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 03:02 PM
low down in the west.

Well as i said at the start, from the top of the south it looked like a great tackle from Hogg. And again, after seeing it again on the telly, it was a stonewaller.

StevieC
01-04-2010, 03:25 PM
an amazing decision by the ref to get it right imo... even though it cost us the game it was good refereeing

And how did our penalty claim for the push on Murray look in the TV highlights?

:confused:

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2010, 03:53 PM
And how did our penalty claim for the push on Murray look in the TV highlights?

:confused:

Soft

Bayern Bru
01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Interesting in that I thought Hogg played the ball whilst at the match, and on viewing the highlights I'm unsure, because he seems to go for the ball before Daly's anywhere near him, but misses it (naturally) causing Daly to tumble over Hogg's leg, which must have looked like a penalty to the ref.

Strange times.

KiddA
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM

Stonewall pk :agree: Hogg is one is the worst Hibs captains I have ever seen in a Hibs jersey and Yogi must release him at the end of the season :agree:

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Stonewall pk :agree: Hogg is one is the worst Hibs captains I have ever seen in a Hibs jersey and Yogi must release him at the end of the season :agree:

Yip, yip and yip. Unless we get a huge bid from someone, release him or just play with 10 men.

hiberactive
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Totally agree,he has to be top of the list, of players punted,which begs the question-have Hibs ever freed a club captain??

iwasthere1972
01-04-2010, 07:46 PM

No doubt in my mind that it was a penalty.

Bayern Bru
01-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Just watched the highlights for a 4th time.
:boo hoo:

Coming to my senses though, it is a penalty. Hogg's just a slow, slow man.

Shaggy
01-04-2010, 11:05 PM
woz in the west, thought it wasnt a pen.....
I booooooed the ref.....
watched the replays... was a stone waller... Hogg you dick, was lucky not to be carded...

Bayern Bru
01-04-2010, 11:07 PM
woz in the west, thought it wasnt a pen.....
I booooooed the ref.....
watched the replays... was a stone waller... Hogg you dick, was lucky not to be carded...

I wish he had been.
:devil:

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 11:08 PM
I think the striker nicked it away before Hogg clattered him.

It was a stone wall penalty and their third was onside.

The ref got those big decisions right so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt regarding the Ian Murray push.

:agree: + :agree:

greenlad
02-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Totally agree,he has to be top of the list, of players punted,which begs the question-have Hibs ever freed a club captain??

John Hughes
Gordon Hunter was also a former captain (replaced by Hughes) who was freed

greenlex
02-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Is Hoggs contract not up at te end of the season in any case?