PDA

View Full Version : I saw enough last night.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 08:44 AM
To see just what yogi wants from the team. Some of the play in small snippetts was a joy to watch. Some of the one touch play around the united goal was good, very good at times. The problem yogi has is he just does not have enough good players to match Dundee United.

Last night proved to anyone who tried to say we have as many good players as them, but we were not trying/or playing players out of position, just how wrong they were. How many of our players would get into their team?

Bamba Riordan and Miller, THATS IT.

Were would Dundee utd find a place in their side for thicot hogg murray rankin stevenson cregg nish and stack? All but one brought to the club by previous managers.

United are a more physical taller side, with way more ability than we have. They also have been together a lot longer than our lot, and even the back up players are decent.

Yogi deserves a medal for getting what we have so close to them, and i believe he will bring more of that type of player to the club next season, and hopefully the seasons beyond.

Steve20
01-04-2010, 08:45 AM
April fool?

MussyHibby
01-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Always positive BH, I'll give you that. :agree:

FWIW, I said last night that we have played worse and won. Still felt empty and disappointed leaving the stadium though. Felt 1-3 flattered them but we then just stopped playing. Why?

matty_f
01-04-2010, 08:53 AM
To see just what yogi wants from the team. Some of the play in small snippetts was a joy to watch. Some of the one touch play around the united goal was good, very good at times. The problem yogi has is he just does not have enough good players to match Dundee United.

Last night proved to anyone who tried to say we have as many good players as them, but we were not trying/or playing players out of position, just how wrong they were. How many of our players would get into their team?

Were would Dundee utd find a place in their side for thicot hogg murray rankin stevenson cregg nish and stack? All but one brought to the club by previous managers.

United are a more physical taller side, with way more ability than we have. They also have been together a lot longer than our lot, and even the back up players are decent.

Yogi deserves a medal for getting what we have so close to them, and i believe he will bring more of that type of player to the club next season, and hopefully the seasons beyond.

I left the ground thinking much the same. There was a big realisation that, put simply, we're carrying too many inadequate players.

I can't fault the players effort last night, and we did show some glimpses of what we could be capable of. Unfortunately we were let down by individual errors over and over again.

Craig_in_Prague
01-04-2010, 08:59 AM
I was getting a bit stick on here a week or two back, when saying I admired a lot about UTD and how they play. Folks are saying we're only 2 points off and bla bla.

Well, hope it showed them last night exactly why I was saying I'd take Swanson in a heart beat, how they have shape, are well drilled and all know their jobs once they cross the line.

I am not sure man for man they have better players... I just think they have the basics right and for our manager who's a so called 'innovative' thinker of the game, he can't even get basics right.

I'm guessing UTD had also near 60% posession last night?
With 2 slow strikers always being offside, I can't see how we'd out smart and match UTD.

Anyway,
lets hope we can fall over the finishing line in 4th place and get into Europe, and then Mr Hughes, I hope you've no holidays planned, because you have a long summer ahead.

JohnScott
01-04-2010, 09:27 AM
April fool?

It has to be when BH includes Miller and Deeks! Go bile yer heed!

Lets get real here. Last nights game was trully awful! Two of our so called top teams continually giving the ball away or hoofing it up the park!

Like Blackpool said, some of hibs play was great to watch but it must have accounted for about 5% of their possession. United weren't much better.
Oh and as you will see I might be an ugly ******* but I'm not going to hide behind an avitar when I say: Stack is never a keeper! NEVER! I've been told he dosen't lack self confidence but bloody hell! Uniteds second was a cracker aye but ever a player was invited to go for the top corner it was then. Stack did everything but say "go on son, go for it"!

So yes, last night was disappointing and something is clearly not right behind the scenes but the bottom line was the game was atrocious! That's what we should be really worried about.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 09:29 AM

Lets get real here. Last nights game was trully awful! Two of our so called top teams continually giving the ball away or hoofing it up the park!

Like Blackpool said, some of hibs play was great to watch but it must have accounted for about 5% of their possession. United weren't much better.
Oh and as you will see I might be an ugly ******* but I'm not going to hide behind an avitar when I say: Stack is never a keeper! NEVER! I've been told he dosen't lack self confidence but bloody hell! Uniteds second was a cracker aye but ever a player was invited to go for the top corner it was then. Stack did everything but say "go on son, go for it"!

So yes, last night was disappointing and something is clearly not right behind the scenes but the bottom line was the game was atrocious! That's what we should be really worried about.

Get an avatar yer puss is making me puke.

JohnScott
01-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Get an avatar yer puss is making me puke.

Is that the best you can come up with? :faf:

I said a long time ago you were in the right place. Down on the beach with the rest of the donkeys.

ps. get a job!

Craig_in_Prague
01-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Is it John from Coronation Street, the weirdo kidnapper, teacher :faf:

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Is that the best you can come up with? :faf:

Its all i could do while my head was in a pan of hot water.:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 09:40 AM

I thought their 2nd goal was like the one that Man City scored v Craig Gordon the other week. Did Gordon get much criticism for that?

Love it how Deeks and Miller are 2 of the players you pick as not being up to it!

JohnScott
01-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Is it John from Coronation Street, the weirdo kidnapper, teacher :faf:

Like Yogi and Old Walt said "faceless wonders" you two just proved their points. Id also include gutless! sl

JohnScott
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I thought their 2nd goal was like theo ne that Man City scored v Craig Gordon the other week.

Love it how Deeks and Miller are 2 of the players you pick as not being up to it!

You saying they played well last night then?

Craig_in_Prague
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Like Yogi and Old Walt said "faceless wonders" you two just proved their points. Id also include gutless! sl

Sorry but that's the 1st person it reminded me of.

No offence, honest........

Steve20
01-04-2010, 09:45 AM

The "faceless wonders" comments was one of the most embarrassing comments that Yogi has made.

Danderhall Hibs
You saying they played well last night then?

I though Deeks tried hard last night, I saw him tracking back an awfy lot. Miller was good in flashes as well, held back a bit by playing on the right and being booked in the 1st 5 minutes.

You saying they were the worst 2 players on the park?

Danderhall Hibs
The "faceless wonders" comments was one of the most embarrassing comments that Yogi has made.

He never said it though.

Steve20
01-04-2010, 09:48 AM
He never said it though.

"Fan messageboards? I don't read them. What did Walter Smith call them? Faceless wonders? A great name."

Maybe didn't actually say it but he more or less agreed with Smith.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 09:52 AM
"Fan messageboards? I don't read them. What did Walter Smith call them? Faceless wonders? A great name."

Maybe didn't actually say it but he more or less agreed with Smith.

Correct. So he didn't say it then?

Rasta_Hibs
01-04-2010, 09:52 AM

I agree with you, i think half they players cant even find a man with a pass!

Steve20
01-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Correct. So he didn't say it then?

He does think people on messageboards are "faceless wonders" then? You are just being a smart **** for the sake of it.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 10:16 AM
He does think people on messageboards are "faceless wonders" then? You are just being a smart **** for the sake of it.

No I'm just correcting folk when they're wrong.