PDA

View Full Version : In Calm And Measured Tones

Speedway
01-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Allow me first of all to appeal to the .net hate brigade when I say:

Cabbage hun mon gash. IMO Bamba pish mince FFS yam welt bawbag GTF. Trumpet PBS balloon bam garbage mug Yogi numpty fud GIRUY if you ask me!

Now, with that out of the way, let's take a look at Hibernian Football Club.

The club, off the field, appears to be in good almost rude health comparitive to it's contemporaries. Therefore we can't make a 'sack the board' post today. Need another cause to complain.

The Manager? Well, no. I've spoken to him personally, I've read his post match analysis, he's not Mixu. He knows exactly what's up. In fact, he looks at it almost from an outsider's perspective. He knows we're crap and he knows only a change in attitude (read: personnel) is going to change that. The arab side of last night has taken 3 years to build.

The Pitch? Well, no. The Arabs and others before them played crisp sharp short passes with no bother at all and had a clear defensive, midfield and forward unit gelling as a team. We have eleven players that can't pass to each other from 10 yards away. That's not the pitch.

The Temporary Floodlights? Well, no. Although I'd love to say that the new light refracts in such away that the green shirts merge with the pitch and seats and so players can't see each other as well as they could if they were wearing tangerine, it would be a load of old pony.

The Players? Hmmmm Stack not being able to stop a trundling ball, Thicot being slow and badly positioned, Hogg not being able to pass at all, Bamba watching the players play without getting in their way, Rankin and Stevenson playing hide and seek, Miller being clearly injured, Derek having a good old moan at anyone, Colin 'Happy Gilmore' Nish not playing his own sport....we have a winner.

No tactics are going to make up for a lack of hunger, fight, passion, concentration, determination and teamwork. We have been without them all for months.

It's time the players took the blame. Some are not good enough, others are bottlers.

That's our situation as I see it.

DunblaneHibby
01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Speedway, you are sooo right! :top marks

allmodcons
01-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Good post Speedway.

I think Hibs have been very poor lately, but calling for Hughes to go 9 months into the job is just laughable.

The club needs a period of stability and IMO Hughes should get something like 3 full seasons to shape the squad.

Some on here think he should have us 3rd in the league and winning the SC in his first season :faf:.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Good post Speedway.

I think Hibs have been very poor lately, but calling for Hughes to go 9 months into the job is just laughable.

The club needs a period of stability and IMO Hughes should get something like 3 full seasons to shape the squad.

Some on here think he should have us 3rd in the league and winning the SC in his first season :faf:.
:agree:
And considering were we were last season, WHY?

Sammy7nil
01-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Good post Speedway.

Miller being clearly injured

Speedway Why is he clearly injured and rankin and Stevenson piish ?
If he is injured he and the manager need a good kicking :wink:

Lets face it there is a reason Miller is at Hibs and the reason is he is not as good as he thinks he is.

No one expected Hibs to win the SC cup in Yogis first season. We did all however expect Hibs to beat Ross County over two legs with ANY manager in charge.

Finishing 3rd with the alleged quality od Zemamma Riordon Stokes Miller and Bamba should always have been Hibs target. If not then who should target
3rd place Motherwell Falkirk Hearts ? Lets get real 3rd should ALWAYS be our minimum target whether we achieve it is another matter.

Cropley10
01-04-2010, 12:00 PM
A good post Speedway. A very good post.

The players MUST shoulder a huge amount of the blame.

However as Smurf points out elsewhere, between Yogi and Chipper NOTHING is EVER done during a game, other than to lump on more and more forwards.

He knows what's wrong - but, I worry he's far too much of an idealist. Does he think he can attract the sort of player he's after to ER. I think the type of characters he's after are out of our league.

Oh and by the way - I hope it all works out. But I'm absolutely dreading Sunday. Celtc will be absolutely stoked for this game and we can't be arsed.

Speedway
01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Miller being clearly injured

Speedway Why is he clearly injured and rankin and Stevenson piish ?
If he is injured he and the manager need a good kicking :wink:

Lets face it there is a reason Miller is at Hibs and the reason is he is not as good as he thinks he is.

No one expected Hibs to win the SC cup in Yogis first season. We did all however expect Hibs to beat Ross County over two legs with ANY manager in charge.

Finishing 3rd with the alleged quality od Zemamma Riordon Stokes Miller and Bamba should always have been Hibs target. If not then who should target
3rd place Motherwell Falkirk Hearts ? Lets get real 3rd should ALWAYS be our minimum target whether we achieve it is another matter.

He was running more gingerly than usual, bottling all challenges (he never bottles them all) and wincing in pain a fair bit during the game.

Diclonius
01-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I choose to ignore your well thought out, balanced and convincing post and blame Hughes entirely.

Signed, hibs.net :grr::grr:

Arch Stanton
01-04-2010, 10:23 PM
I guess you could see it that way - that Hughes has been really unlucky to find that all the slackers and bottlers in the SPL have somehow ended up at Hibs.

And I guess you could figure that Hughes's luck couldn't get any worse and the players he brings in next time will be real tryers and non-bottlers.

Unless your like me anyway and figure that football management is about something more than luck.

Anyway, if you are going to be pro-Yogi then why do it the proper way and tell us to look at the league position and say that the team is actually doing great? All these variations on a theme just confuse me.:confused:

Big Frank
01-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Allow me first of all to appeal to the .net hate brigade when I say:

Cabbage hun mon gash. IMO Bamba pish mince FFS yam welt bawbag GTF. Trumpet PBS balloon bam garbage mug Yogi numpty fud GIRUY if you ask me!

Now, with that out of the way, let's take a look at Hibernian Football Club.

The club, off the field, appears to be in good almost rude health comparitive to it's contemporaries. Therefore we can't make a 'sack the board' post today. Need another cause to complain.

The Manager? Well, no. I've spoken to him personally, I've read his post match analysis, he's not Mixu. He knows exactly what's up. In fact, he looks at it almost from an outsider's perspective. He knows we're crap and he knows only a change in attitude (read: personnel) is going to change that. The arab side of last night has taken 3 years to build.

The Pitch? Well, no. The Arabs and others before them played crisp sharp short passes with no bother at all and had a clear defensive, midfield and forward unit gelling as a team. We have eleven players that can't pass to each other from 10 yards away. That's not the pitch.

The Temporary Floodlights? Well, no. Although I'd love to say that the new light refracts in such away that the green shirts merge with the pitch and seats and so players can't see each other as well as they could if they were wearing tangerine, it would be a load of old pony.

The Players? Hmmmm Stack not being able to stop a trundling ball, Thicot being slow and badly positioned, Hogg not being able to pass at all, Bamba watching the players play without getting in their way, Rankin and Stevenson playing hide and seek, Miller being clearly injured, Derek having a good old moan at anyone, Colin 'Happy Gilmore' Nish not playing his own sport....we have a winner.

No tactics are going to make up for a lack of hunger, fight, passion, concentration, determination and teamwork. We have been without them all for months.

It's time the players took the blame. Some are not good enough, others are bottlers.

That's our situation as I see it.

Fantastic post Speedway:top marks

Green_one
02-04-2010, 07:45 AM
We do need to calm down a bit. I think most Hibees could not stomach another managerial change.

However, Hughes has had solid support from the Board and brought in several none too cheap players. He needs to get us 4th and a place in Europe. We need to finish the season as a proper team who can start looking to knock Dundee United off 3rd place. They are overachieving. We need to reproduce the form of earlier in the season.

If Hughes is going to stay he needs to take hard decisions about players some fans like. Benji, Zemmama, Stevenson, Riordan all need to be assessed. Some are easier decisions. Signings are just as important - we need a right back (badly) and some strength in midfield. I suspect Bamba will go and we can use that money (hopefully - yeah it will be a first) to secure a decent centre back. Younger players - Hanlon needs to play more, Spooney needs moved forward. Not sure what has happened to the rest of the U19s. Time to play them or clear out.

The decison not to do anything about Hughes is relatively easy at this time, given the limited games left and current league position. If we continue to be a shambles and show no signs of having a base to go forward from, then many will start to think again. I am prepared to give Hughes a real chance but I am worried about some players, who are past their Hibs sell by date. There is a side in there but its carrying too many and needs clearing.