PDA

View Full Version : This cannot go on ..

Pages : [1] 2 3

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 06:06 AM
There are issues behind the scenes but I'm not posting about them.

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

We'll end up 5th at best.

I don't know when the next convincing performance will be - more worryingly neither do the manager or the players.

The football is rank.

The possession stats of recent weeks tell you everything that's wrong about how we play.

I could go on re Yogi eg more resources than Mixu/the team's around us, the post match havering and pre-match slavering, the subs but what's the point and there in lies another problem for the Board - apathy. It is creeping back into the support at an alarming rate.

Some will say that we cannot sack him - but I fear crowds are and will continue to fall re the quality of the play, the results, the tactics etc and this will catch up with Yogi sooner rather than later. Especially if STs dip after investing in the East.

If I was in charge, I'd be brave and make a change now. It might be an unpopular decision but these are best made early not later.

Glory Glory to the Hibees.

KWJ
01-04-2010, 06:14 AM
I push you towards my post directed to Cropley good sir.

If there are things going on behind the scenes then Yogi is showing character to stick and not walk away, he knows there is a job to be done and a v poor 2 months does not change that.

I'm sure SAF has gone through similar plights in his time. Little bit of faith.

weonlywon6-2
01-04-2010, 06:17 AM

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

I don't know when the next convincing performance will be - more worryingly neither do the manager or the players.

The football is rank.

The possession stats of recent weeks tell you everything that's wrong about how we play.

I could go on re Yogi eg more resources than Mixu/the team's around us, the post match havering and pre-match slavering, the subs but what's the point and there in lies another problem for the Board - apathy. It is creeping back into the support at an alarming rate.

Some will say that we cannot sack him - but I fear crowds are and will continue to fall re the quality of the play, the results, the tactics etc and this will catch up with Yogi sooner rather than later. Especially if STs dip after investing in the East.

If I was in charge, I'd be brave and make a change now. It might be an unpopular decision but these are best made early not later.

thought as much, any hint at what?

agree with the rest of the post as well, a couple of frank games yes but this seems to have gone on for ages

Petrie's Tache
01-04-2010, 06:18 AM

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

The football is rank.

Agree with a lot of that G, however I would be tempted to give him another year, just to see what he does in the summer window. we haved changed too much in the last we while and I think we need stability.

That said if we could get Derek McInnes, I'd punt him now.:greengrin

Ref the bit in bold, any substance to it?

KWJ
01-04-2010, 06:19 AM
It's gone on for precisely 2 months where as the "couple of frank games" which I assume you are referring to our title challenging form that lasted August, September, October, November, December & January.

:aok:

I'm going to stop posting for a bit in order to meet the easter bunny for a quick pint.

weonlywon6-2
01-04-2010, 06:28 AM
It's gone on for precisely 2 months where as the "couple of frank games" which I assume you are referring to our title challenging form that lasted August, September, October, November, December & January.

I'm going to stop posting for a bit in order to meet the easter bunny for a quick pint.

nope, if we had played a couple of rank games then fair enough but this has gone on for ok, two months ,but feels like ages.i dont think many would disagree.

weonlywon6-2
01-04-2010, 06:32 AM

also, i`m not one of he "yogi out" team but just concerned at what is going on.

if this lasts till the end of the season then there will be a few questions being asked going into next season

hibsbollah
01-04-2010, 07:06 AM

:faf: I love this sort of thing; "I know a big secret but I cant tell you what it is".

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 07:28 AM
:faf: I love this sort of thing; "I know a big secret but I cant tell you what it is".

It is not a secret - and it'll come out soon enough

Bo'ness Hibee
01-04-2010, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE=The_Quiet_Man;2412217]
Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

Have to agree with TQM. Saturday football commitments meant I hadn't been to ER since the midweek Dons game and boy things have gone downhill over the past seven weeks

The biggest concern IMHO was the total lack of shape about the team with various players looking like they were being played out of position. Despite being left footed Rankin looks like a fish out of water on the left side of midfield and Thicot, while solid enough defensively, gives us nothing like the same attacking options on the right flank as Wotherspoon.

Yogi has had two transfer windows to address the right back issue and yet he's brought in a couple of strikers and lord knows how many goalies. Quite simply, it's not good enough.

There's no doubt that the absence of Zouma and McBride has affected us badly in the middle of the park, however that's no excuse for the total lack of desire showed by most of our midfield last night. Compare that with Gomis and Bauben who worked their socks off from the first minute to the last.

That leads to another issue that Yogi has failed to address over the past 9 months, fitness (or lack of it). Despite having one of the best training facilities in the country our players must rank among the least fit in the SPL. Ross County battered us over the last ten minutes of both cup games and even Irvine Meadow matched us for fitness when we met in Round 4. Again, not good enough.

Much as I'd prefer not to go through a manager per season I saw nothing last night, tactically or otherwise, to convince me that Yogi is the man for the job. I agree with TQM that unless the board take decisive action, STF's latest construction project will be sitting half empty next season.

GGTTH.

Aldo
01-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Is this job too big for Hughes????? Different expectations than at a club like falkirk (no disrespect to them).

I can understand a season of transition but if we had not got the points we had then we are in relegation form IMHO.

Come the summer he has some real big decisions to make and more importantly he needs to get rid of even more of the deadwood and bring in players that are up for the fight.

Me....I personally think Hughes should sprinkle some of that gold dust on himself as he is as much to blame for the poor performances.

hibsbollah

ooooo. Give us a clue. Does it involve Thicot's shower gel?

weonlywon6-2

any hints please?

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 07:32 AM
ooooo. Give us a clue. Does it involve Thicot's shower gel?

You don't have a clue :wink:

matty_f
01-04-2010, 07:33 AM
IMHO, Hughes can't be judged properly until he's had a good chance to move on several players who simply aren't good enough.

Wenger or Ferguson would be struggling to put together a performance with what Yogi's got to work with at the moment.

If he can replace those not up to it with players of a similar standard to Miller, Stokes and McBride then we'll go places.

He HAS to be given the summer transfer window as a minimum, otherwise we're back to square one again, with the players under no illusions about who holds the aces at the football club. Whoever comes in will struggle if that happens.

hibsbollah
You don't have a clue :wink:

Well obviously. If I did I wouldnt be asking. Or are you just craving attention?

matty_f
Well obviously. If I did I wouldnt be asking. Or are you just craving attention?

Maybe it's a *****e April Fools? :dunno:

brydekirk
01-04-2010, 07:35 AM
IMHO, Hughes can't be judged properly until he's had a good chance to move on several players who simply aren't good enough.

Wenger or Ferguson would be struggling to put together a performance with what Yogi's got to work with at the moment.

If he can replace those not up to it with players of a similar standard to Miller, Stokes and McBride then we'll go places.

He HAS to be given the summer transfer window as a minimum, otherwise we're back to square one again, with the players under no illusions about who holds the aces at the football club. Whoever comes in will struggle if that happens.
:agree:

GlesgaeHibby
01-04-2010, 07:38 AM

They'd at least have them

a) Fitter

and

b) Fighting hard in midfield

Two things we've badly lacked all season.

hibsbollah
01-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Maybe it's a *****e April Fools? :dunno:

:faf:

That reminds me;

A-"knock knock"
B-"whos there?"
A-"i'm no telling".

matty_f
01-04-2010, 07:53 AM
They'd at least have them

a) Fitter

and

b) Fighting hard in midfield

Two things we've badly lacked all season.

I was there last night, and none of the players looked unfit, and IMHO they battled in midfield.

That they lost the battles was because United's midfield has better players, IMHO.

I don't know how you can question the players' workrate after last night and the last few games - they ARE trying.

Baldy Foghorn
01-04-2010, 07:56 AM

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

The football is rank.

If there are issues behind scenes as you say, why keep the to yourself, are you trying to be elitist?:confused:

Steve20
01-04-2010, 07:56 AM
I was there last night, and none of the players looked unfit, and IMHO they battled in midfield.

That they lost the battles was because United's midfield has better players, IMHO.

I don't know how you can question the players' workrate after last night and the last few games - they ARE trying.

If that is them trying, then I would hate to see what we are like when we dont.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Last night's game reminded me of home games over the years against either side of the OF and perhaps or early 80's Aberdeen. We had maybe a window of 15-20 mins when we were ok, had chances and didn't take them and then for the rest of the game we were third best of two. United are clearly streets ahead of us. I have heard Hughes saying that in training, he can see the light at the end of the tunnel? Well I am guessing that is a very long tunnnel and a very dim light. The way we have played last night was a carbon copy of Falkirk last year.

bawheid
01-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Another pile of wind and pish.

Surely for apathy to set in for you TQM, you'd actually have to go to games outside of a 5 mile radius of Tayside in the first place?

If you have proof of unrest or problems behind the scenes, come out with it rather than hanging another piece of bait on the line for those gullible enough not to have worked out your scattergun approach to scoops yet. "Pleeeeaaaase tell us what you know TQM..."

Posting half-truths and rumours only causes more problems within the support and potentially the club.

This is not the time to be getting rid of yet another manager. If there are problems at the club, they've affected the last three successive managers. That suggests to me that the problem is not the manager, it's the club. Hughes needs to be given time to identify the problem / culprits and eliminate it / them.

Who are we getting next then? Remember you'd have had us with Jim Gannon rather than Hughes, or some experiment from the Irish leagues. We can't keep firing managers, especially when we're 4th in the league.

Hibby_Paul
01-04-2010, 08:14 AM
A lot of fair points made below.

BUT if there are these issues behind the scenes is that just Hughes? If we have player issues, big tine charly attitudes, not pulling their weight? Thinking they are bigger than the club etc - then this arguably isn't just a Hughes problem!?

Some of these players are not 'his' players and maybe there has been these underlying issues under previous mixu regime too?

I'd like to know a lot more before I just jump on the Hughes out bandwagon although I'm losing patience with it all and think this 'could' be too big for him.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 08:14 AM

Agreed they were trying but the United guys were better. And surprisingly they weren't that tall.

Surely for apathy to set in for you TQM, you'd actually have to go to games outside of a 5 mile radius of Tayside in the first place?

If you have proof of unrest or problems behind the scenes, come out with it rather than hanging another piece of bait on the line for those gullible enough not to have worked out your scattergun approach to scoops yet. "Pleeeeaaaase tell us what you know TQM..."

Posting half-truths and rumours only causes more problems within the support and potentially the club.

This is not the time to be getting rid of yet another manager. If there are problems at the club, they've affected the last three successive managers. That suggests to me that the problem is not the manager, it's the club. Hughes needs to be given time to identify the problem / culprits and eliminate it / them.

Who are we getting next then? Remember you'd have had us with Jim Gannon rather than Hughes, or some experiment from the Irish leagues. We can't keep firing managers, especially when we're 4th in the league.

:top marks You know something I know. :wink:

Beefster
01-04-2010, 08:21 AM

Poor show, TQM.

This place is getting more like a playground every day.

weonlywon6-2
01-04-2010, 08:24 AM

Who are we getting next then? Remember you'd have had us with Jim Gannon rather than Hughes, or some experiment from the Irish leagues. We can't keep firing managers, especially when we're 4th in the league.:top marks

TBH getting fed up with ,i know but i`m no telling !

either say it or dont bother posting

weonlywon6-2
01-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Agreed they were trying but the United guys were better. And surprisingly they weren't that tall.

:top marks You know something I know. :wink:

russell latapy wasnt tall and he wasnt pash !!

heights got hee haw to do with it

tomhorn
01-04-2010, 08:30 AM

I don't understand what is implied by this. Of course there are issues behind the scenes. There are issues behind the scenes at every club in the world at any given point in time. That's the nature of teams. That's the nature of any business in the world where people/teams are involved. There are issues behind the scenes at my work just now too. What does it matter? What does it mean? I don't understand the point of posts like this tbh.

sahib
01-04-2010, 08:31 AM

I think that about nails it. :agree:

Anto the Hibernian
01-04-2010, 08:33 AM

Some of the comments on this board are pathetic IMO - people really need to get a grip, we are Hibs & we are 4th in the SPL..this is not a sackable performance surely ?!? .

Some people reallly need to get some perspective.

Andy74
01-04-2010, 08:38 AM

Agree with all that. I'd be gutted if there weren't issues behind the scenes.

Hughes will sort it out given time, if he isn't given time we'll be here this time next year with a new manager but in the same situation.

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 08:42 AM

It was a TWO horse race for the job - Hughes or Gannon - I didnt want Hughes. Hence the hat was in the Gannon ring.

I am not posting on the issues as I'll get the kinda pish you've posted above :bye: as I did with the East Stand etc.

Craig_in_Prague
01-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Something isn't right, that's for sure.

Perhaps Yogi should focus on sorting out the issues, forget HI and BBC interview after interview, and like the players, take a hard look in the mirror and spend time out on the training pitch sorting things out.

What a club we are for showing promise, then self destructing.
:bitchy:

oldbutdim
01-04-2010, 08:45 AM

It was a TWO horse race for the job - Hughes or Gannon - I didnt want Hughes. Hence the hat was in the Gannon ring.

I am not posting on the issues as I'll get the kinda pish you've posted above :bye: as I did with the East Stand etc.

What's happening with the East Stand?

How do you get to know things that nobody else knows?
If you can't tell me about the "behind the scenes" stuff, what about the East Stand then? It seemed quiet last night. Is something happening?

bawheid
01-04-2010, 08:46 AM

So surely the best course of action would be to just keep it zipped, rather than letting everyone know that you know something, but you're 'no telling...

matty_f
01-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Great to see some backlash to these petty and increasingly frequent attempts to undermine the manager.

There should be problems behind the scenes, IMHO - there will be players who know their place at the club is under threat and they will be kicking back against that.

We HAVE to allow the manager to do what he needs to do to sort it out.

Iggy Pope
01-04-2010, 08:50 AM

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

The football is rank.

Apathy - is that the bit where 'support' goes to the golf rather than the game?

Golden Bear
01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
russell latapy wasnt tall and he wasnt pash !!

heights got hee haw to do with it

Height has a lot to do with it in the Hibs team ---------- when our players have absolutely zero pace to compensate for their lack of physical presence.

Some of the best teams throughout the ages have been built around smaller players but they usually have pace to compensate.

That performance last night was agonising and very predictable to watch and the brutal truth is that the team are loaded with very average players who would struggle to get a game elsewhere.

col02
01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
The only problems behind the scenes imho are the majority of players struggling to look the manager and Brian Rice in the eye as they are cheating them every time they take the field. Cannot wait till the summer when we clear out one or two of these players who think it is ok to turn it on when they want.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 08:53 AM
I'd imagins these issues are probably unhappy players. Well i for one am happy some of these players are unhappy. In fact i hope yogi has told a lot of these very average players they are out the door ASAP, and they have no future at the club, their time is up, and if you are on a long contract, you'd be better looking elsewhere for a game of football next season.

matty_f
01-04-2010, 08:55 AM
The only problems behind the scenes imho are the majority of players struggling to look the manager and Brian Rice in the eye as they are cheating them every time they take the field. Cannot wait till the summer when we clear out one or two of these players who think it is ok to turn it on when they want.

I think the players can certainly look the manager in the eye - there wasn't one player last night that wasn't trying. United just had better players in more positions than us.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 08:59 AM
I think the players can certainly look the manager in the eye - there wasn't one player last night that wasn't trying. United just had better players in more positions than us.

I agree, i thought they all put a shift in last night, but at the end of the day, that only takes you so far. United have better players, and are a better team, no shame there. Its up to the manager to take us on, and to match and beat what they have done. How anyone can expect that in 8 months is beyond me.

berwickhibee
01-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Great to see some backlash to these petty and increasingly frequent attempts to undermine the manager.

There should be problems behind the scenes, IMHO - there will be players who know their place at the club is under threat and they will be kicking back against that.

We HAVE to allow the manager to do what he needs to do to sort it out.

spot on matty:thumbsup:

forget this nonsense about getting rid of john hughes,for the simple reason that we HAVE progressed this season,he lost his captain and centre forward as he came in the door,and to be challenging for third or fourth is pretty decent .

Give the man time,he is desperate to do well at hibs and is still implementing things into the club for the long term.

He has been a breathe of fresh air at our club and long may it continue.

yogi is the man for the job.:agree:

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 09:04 AM

As explained before I golf on a SUNDAY :wink:

woodyloon
01-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Hi

Yes it has a been a dire couple of months, and I also can't see it changing soon, so 5th or 6th is looking more likely than 4th or 3rd IMO. It's amazing that we were in a position a couple of months ago we could of went into 2nd place if we had won, and since then we have been in freefall.

My biggest worry though (even if things are a bit unsettled within the club) is having so many massive games lately and we have lost the battle in every one.

Ok the away defeat to St Johnstone can happen, but the way we got turnt over in the Derby game is a worry, then the 2 games against Ross County with a Semi Final place at stake, and again we still can't raise our game, you can understand struggling to raise your game against the teams in the lower half of the league, but surely in the Derby, OF and Scottish Cup games we can raise our game.

Then last night, even after our horrendous run we still had the chance to get back into 3rd place, and again we fail to live up to our ambitions. Fair enough United are worthy of their position, but we should still be able to match them man for man, not get done over so easily. You just need to look at United lately, they work their socks off, they also a bit like Ross County did to us, hunt in packs, but they also keep their shape, and play with a bit of purpose. They actually look like a team who have bonded well and want to play for each other. Now I believe that we have invested in better players than United, but we need to start cutting out the juvenile defending, the Jeykll and Hyde goalkeeping and start mixing things up a bit going forward, not just keep on hiiting over the top like we did in the Derby game when it was not working, we should of done what Hertz did and used the width and got some crosses into the box, just like when we did for our goal.

If it's not working with the players he has stuck by for the past few games, then he needs to freshen it up a bit, even if it means giving some of the U19's a run out.

John

allyhibee
01-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Hughes will sort it out given time, if he isn't given time we'll be here this time next year with a new manager but in the same situation.

:agree: We can't continue to sack managers at the rate we are, it only seems to be perpetuating the problems within the club.

sahib
01-04-2010, 09:13 AM

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

The football is rank.

Yogi must stay.

Failing managers must never be sacked while they still have their dignity and self esteem. What fun would it be to see Yogi walk a way with an arrogant smile on his lips. Remember Ally MacLeod or more recently the once steadfast
Mowbray slouched broken in the dug out at Paisley and who here didn't secretly delight in the reports of John Collins allegedly weeping in his car at East Mains. Nope Yogi is still good for a bit more pain yet.

Iggy Pope
01-04-2010, 09:13 AM
As explained before I golf on a SUNDAY :wink:

And as you explained before you would rather that than go to see the Hibs (Apathy type nod smiley wink bollox)

If I had Bawheid's accusation about not going to games levelled at me I'd want to put the record straight rather than whisper about what I know and don't know.

Enjoy your golf this weekend

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 09:17 AM
And as you explained before you would rather that than go to see the Hibs (Apathy type nod smiley wink bollox)

If I had Bawheid's accusation about not going to games levelled at me I'd want to put the record straight rather than whisper about what I know and don't know.
Enjoy your golf this weekend

Bawheid's post was pathetic - or either I dreamt the trips to ER, Tannadice, Aberdeen, Perth in recent months then :rolleyes: and I have for family reasons - not golf - turned down invites to PBS and Falkirk

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Bawheid's post was pathetic - or either I dreamt the trips to ER, Tannadice, Aberdeen, Perth in recent months then :rolleyes: and I have for family reasons - not golf - turned down invites to PBS and Falkirk

You don't have to wait to be invited - we have a ticket office that sell tickets.

BTW we're only talking about games involving Hibs here. Not that fussed if you go to Tannadice to watch United v Aberdeen or that.

Iggy Pope
01-04-2010, 09:25 AM

Medals oot.......Oh. Hang on. What about Dingwall? You appear to be half way there as well.
Nothing about Glasgow Motherwell or Paisley though. Maybe Bawheid only got the radius wrong?

Invites?????? How very elitist. Like I said enjoy your golf this weekend.

Steve-O
01-04-2010, 09:30 AM
If you are not going to tell the story, then who really gives a **** that you know something?

bawheid
01-04-2010, 09:34 AM

Not really.

There's a good thread somewhere else on this website, can't remember where. It's called: "Don't go to the matches? Shut the **** up!". The OP on that one had it spot on.

It's well established that you'd rather attend hospy at Dens than go to ER. That's fair enough TQM, but don't come on here spouting about what can and cannot go on when you weren't even there to see the "shambles". That's what's pathetic.

And as others have pointed out, you don't need an invite to see the Hibees.

Love the Green
01-04-2010, 09:49 AM

MILLER STOKES and MCBRIDE...You having an April fool at our expense...Miler ok when all going well but no bottle for a fight and all midfielders just like united have need to be able to fight at some stage...Stokes traps it further than some guys can kick it..every time we play the ball to him it is SURRENERED IMMEDIATELY to the opposition..he can score goals but we need much more than that from him..LAZY big head..McBride does the simple things and oes them well but is very limited....PACE is needed in the modern game to hurt teams and we have none whatsoever..Big chnages needa at ER

"keep the faith"

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 09:51 AM
MILLER STOKES and MCBRIDE...You having an April fool at our expense...Miler ok when all going well but no bottle for a fight and all midfielders just like united have need to be able to fight at some stage...Stokes traps it further than some guys can kick it..every time we play the ball to him it is SURRENERED IMMEDIATELY to the opposition..he can score goals but we need much more than that from him..LAZY big head..McBride does the simple things and oes them well but is very limited....PACE is needed in the modern game to hurt teams and we have none whatsoever..Big chnages needa at ER

"keep the faith"

So if you don't want those 3 presumably you won't want anyone else in the squad either then? Mass redundancies in the summer?

Maybe we can get Rooney on loan?

Teo10
01-04-2010, 09:55 AM
So if you don't want those 3 presumably you won't want anyone else in the squad either then? Mass redundancies in the summer?

That is ridiculous you even suggest that, he is no where NEAR as tall enough :bitchy:

Craig_in_Prague
01-04-2010, 09:56 AM

Or go back in for Brian Kerr, Chisolm etc?
Get rid of our only quality midfielder, a player we've been crying out for and our best striker in years,

Stevenson, Kerr, Chisolm, Rankin,
Supplying the clinical finishing, leading the line master class, lightening quick, physical presence (my erse), that is Colin Pish.

What a team we could have, :greengrin

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 10:02 AM
You don't have to wait to be invited - we have a ticket office that sell tickets.

BTW we're only talking about games involving Hibs here. Not that fussed if you go to Tannadice to watch United v Aberdeen or that.

The invites are turned doon as I have family commitments ..

And FTR, I've been to Tannadice once this season - Arabs 1-0 Hibs :boo hoo:

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
not really.

There's a good thread somewhere else on this website, can't remember where. It's called: "don't go to the matches? Shut the **** up!". The op on that one had it spot on.

it's well established that you'd rather attend hospy at dens than go to er. that's fair enough tqm, but don't come on here spouting about what can and cannot go on when you weren't even there to see the "shambles". That's what's pathetic.

And as others have pointed out, you don't need an invite to see the hibees.

total pish!

McHibby
01-04-2010, 10:04 AM
That is ridiculous you even suggest that, he is no where NEAR as tall enough :bitchy:

:tee hee:

legends of 73
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM

your hoping there is problems just to say told you so

you might get something right sometime but not in my lifetime

your nothing but a wannabe:greengrin:greengrin

oldbutdim
01-04-2010, 10:11 AM
your hoping there is problems just to say told you so

you might get something right sometime but not in my lifetime

your nothing but a wannabe:greengrin:greengrin

Has the bloke got "previous" for this type of thing?
:confused:

bawheid
01-04-2010, 10:15 AM
total pish!

Is my memory failing me or did you not attend hospitality at Dens Park when Hibs were playing at Easter Road earlier this season?

JimBHibees
01-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

The football is rank.

Why not? What are we talking about a few personality clashes in the dressing room or the players moaning about the manager. Maybe it is a case of a few bad apples needing to be punted.

No doubt it is worrying the way the season appears to be tailing off big time however maybe a bit of patience is required and we will reapd the benefits longer term e.g a few players out and a few in and a better balanced squad.

I dont think there is any doubt he is struggling to cope however dont think it is time to get rid. Some of his comments are a bit odd such as I will continue to batter them into passing type of talk. Bottom line is he needs to get the players back onside pronto or maybe a few arent as good as they think they are and need replaced.

legends of 73
01-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Has the bloke got "previous" for this type of thing?
:confused:

ooooo yeeeessss:greengrin in the words of the churchill dog

oldbutdim
01-04-2010, 10:26 AM
ooooo yeeeessss:greengrin in the words of the churchill dog

Ah I see.

I thought it was a bit strange him saying "it" wasn't a secret, but he wasn't going to say what "it" was. Had me confused.

So anything that may or may not subsequently occur at Hibs becomes "it" then I'm guessing. How queer.

JimBHibees
01-04-2010, 10:26 AM

Totally agree. He needs a bit of time and patience from both the club and the fans. Fair enough if we are at Xmas and we are getting the same performances however personally think he needs to be given the next transfer window to bring in his own as he has shown IMO he is a good judge of a player.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Totally agree. He needs a bit of time and patience from both the club and the fans. Fair enough if we are at Xmas and we are getting the same performances however personally think he needs to be given the next transfer window to bring in his own as he has shown IMO he is a good judge of a player.
8 months is apparently the shelf life a a hibs manager these days.

legends of 73
01-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Ah I see.

I thought it was a bit strange him saying "it" wasn't a secret, but he wasn't going to say what "it" was. Had me confused.

So anything that may or may not subsequently occur at Hibs becomes "it" then I'm guessing. How queer.

he wants everyone to think he's in the know.

he may well know some things but he's more than often wrong.

he posts pish most of the times when he's not at another clubs hospitality so most folk tend to ignore him:greengrin

Beefster
01-04-2010, 10:32 AM
8 months is apparently the shelf life a a hibs manager these days.

As a regular contributor to Private Eye's Pedantry Corner, can I just point out that Hughes has been manager for almost 10 months.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 10:35 AM
As a regular contributor to Private Eye's Pedantry Corner, can I just point out that Hughes has been manager for almost 10 months.

Aye, but the season starts in August.:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Aye, but the season starts in August.:wink:

You mean he's been ripping us off for wages when he hasn't been working? The ********, it's just another sign of broken Britain! :grr:

I think that the club's application to join the EPL is in its final stages, owing to the fact that the Ugly Sisters might get a bit sniffy about disloyalty to the Scottish game, the whole thing is under wraps and has to be kept hush hush.

There are also strong runours about a new owner, which would tie in with Farmer's long stated declaration that he won't be here forever, and the fact that his work is done now that we are solvent, and have vastly improved the infrastructure.

I can't tell you any more, as I don't know anything. (I even had to make some of this up).

woodyloon
01-04-2010, 10:40 AM
I want Yogi to be a success, just as much as I did when Sauzee was giving the chance, it's just the longer it goes with results going against, the harder it is for the manager.

Sauzee just couldn,t buy a win, I remember his first( sorry second) game in charge at McDairmid, think it ended 0-0, but we absoulutely battered Saints, hitting woodwork etc, and Boozy( sorry wrong player) about a yard out spun round ,empty net and tried to burst the net and put it over the bar. I think if Sauzee had won that game he would of went on to be a great Hibs manager. At the time all I wanted was Sauzee to get to the summer so he could get his own players in. I do think the big mistake he made was not carrying on playing for at least the remainder of that season.

Time to for the players to dig deep and take some responsibilty and try and get the best out of the rest of the season, if they do that and give it their all thats all you can ask, and IMO if they can do this results will come.

matty_f
01-04-2010, 10:43 AM

"keep the faith"

Yep, let's bin the 20 goals a season (already) striker. :thumbsup:

I'd take McBride doing the simple things every time, over someone else that runs about lots but doesn't even get the simple things right.

Miller's struggling because of who he's in the midfield with, IMHO. Give him better to work with and we'll see him back to early season form.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I want Yogi to be a success, just as much as I did when Sauzee was giving the chance, it's just the longer it goes with results going against, the harder it is for the manager.

Sauzee just couldn,t buy a win, I remember his first game in charge at McDairmid, think it ended 0-0, but we absoulutely battered Saints, hitting woodwork etc, and Boozy about a yard out spun round ,empty net and tried to burst the net and put it over the bar. I think if Sauzee had won that game he would of went on to be a great Hibs manager. At the time all I wanted was Sauzee to get to the summer so he could get his own players in. I do think the big mistake he made was not carrying on playing for at least the remainder of that season.

Time to for the players to dig deep and take some responsibilty and try and get the best out of the rest of the season, if they do that and give it their all thats all you can ask, and IMO if they can do this results will come.

:hmmm: Boozy signed in 2004, and Franck was boss in 2002. Are you sure this is right?

woodyloon
01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Aye, might of got the player mixed up:dizzy:, age catching up with me.:dizzy:

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Aye, might of got the player mixed up:dizzy:, age catching up with me.:dizzy:

It's OK pal, you're from Farfar, you did well to remember what teams were playing! :greengrin

KWJ
01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Man U won only 1 match of their first 7 in the 08/09 season.

Must be gutted they didn't pump Fergie huh.

smurf
In fact i hope yogi has told a lot of these very average players they are out the door ASAP, and they have no future at the club, their time is up, and if you are on a long contract, you'd be better looking elsewhere for a game of football next season.

And this is why i'm fast losing any confidence in Hughes.

Because IF this was the case just why does Hogg, Rankin and Nish get a game ahead of others.

3 players that are simply not good enough but Hughes obviously (Based on him playing them all the time) thinks differently.

What average players do you think he's indicated he wants out?

Galbraith, Cregg & McCormack?

woodyloon
:thumbsup:

Brizo
01-04-2010, 10:54 AM
This cannot go on .... history shows its gone on for at least most of my lifetime. Hibs team starts season all guns blazing and falls to bits after January and sometimes even as early as October. And its happened under various different managers and various qualities of squads and under some managers who got on with the players and some managers who didnt get on with players. It seems to be a Hibs thing :confused:

Yogis not the messiah , certain of the Falkirk fans criticisms are coming home to roost and im concerned that the "vision" doesnt include the physical presence we need to compete in midfield when were not allowed to play. But I saw enough early season to think he should be given next season to get us back on track and aim for that rarest of achievments , keep a Hibs team form consistently good all season.

southfieldhibby
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM

I'm a season ticket holder, was there last night like most of the games this season, including debacles like Ross County away and Hamilton away.Not this Sunday though, Hughes and Hibs have taken it's toll on me and I'm off to play golf.

Stevie Reid
01-04-2010, 11:06 AM

Sauzee just couldn,t buy a win, I remember his first game in charge at McDairmid, think it ended 0-0, but we absoulutely battered Saints, hitting woodwork etc, and Boozy about a yard out spun round ,empty net and tried to burst the net and put it over the bar. I think if Sauzee had won that game he would of went on to be a great Hibs manager. At the time all I wanted was Sauzee to get to the summer so he could get his own players in. I do think the big mistake he made was not carrying on playing for at least the remainder of that season.

Sauzee's first match in charge was at East End Park, Paco Luna got very harshly sent off and the Pars won 1-0 thanks to a Barry Nicholson goal. We didn't deserve to get beat but we certainly didn't batter them.

Westie1875
01-04-2010, 11:11 AM

Could not have put it better myself :top marks

brog
01-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Maybe it's my green tinted specs but I honestly believe the state of our pitch ( & others ) since New Year has been a major factor in our slide down the table. Yogi instils certain values in the players, encourages passing from the back. That's great when pitch is lush. Now the pitch is a mess & we find we're being taken off our feet by teams who ignore our pretty patterns, turn games into dogfights & basically play to win the 2nd ball. Yams at Tynie was a perfect example. We obviously have to adapt but it's difficult to change styles in mid season.
We're all would be managers & we can all criticise certain aspects of Yogi's selections but that applies to every manager in the world. I actually find it ludicrous we're hosting this disussion & I appreciate the irony that I'm contributing to it being prolonged. We are comfortably top 6 this season & I expect us to finish 4th, 5th at worst. Either may get us into Europe. If Yogi can build on that next season that's excellent, if he can't then that's the time for a re-appraisal but he must have 2 full seasons at a minimum.

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Is my memory failing me or did you not attend hospitality at Dens Park when Hibs were playing at Easter Road earlier this season?

It was work - there was no preference.

New Corrie
01-04-2010, 11:12 AM
This cannot go on .... history shows its gone on for at least most of my lifetime. Hibs team starts season all guns blazing and falls to bits after January and sometimes even as early as October. And its happened under various different managers and various qualities of squads and under some managers who got on with the players and some managers who didnt get on with players. It seems to be a Hibs thing :confused:

Yogis not the messiah , certain of the Falkirk fans criticisms are coming home to roost and im concerned that the "vision" doesnt include the physical presence we need to compete in midfield when were not allowed to play. But I saw enough early season to think he should be given next season to get us back on track and aim for that rarest of achievments , keep a Hibs team form consistently good all season.

And that's pretty much where I am with it all, I think you are spot on.

woodyloon
01-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Sauzee's first match in charge was at East End Park, Paco Luna got very harshly sent off and the Pars won 1-0 thanks to a Barry Nicholson goal. We didn't deserve to get beat but we certainly didn't batter them.

Sorry I thought it was the week after was his 1st game. Going to go for a lie down. :confused:

Andy74
01-04-2010, 11:20 AM

Sauzee's first game was at East End Park. We battered Dunfermline, got Luna sent off for nothing and lost 1-0 I think.

sleeping giant
01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Not really.

There's a good thread somewhere else on this website, can't remember where. It's called: "Don't go to the matches? Shut the **** up!". The OP on that one had it spot on.

It's well established that you'd rather attend hospy at Dens than go to ER. That's fair enough TQM, but don't come on here spouting about what can and cannot go on when you weren't even there to see the "shambles". That's what's pathetic.

And as others have pointed out, you don't need an invite to see the Hibees.

Thats my thread Bawheid :thumbsup:

bawheid
01-04-2010, 11:40 AM
It was work - there was no preference.

Fair enough. I'm not criticising you for putting family or work commitments above Hibs btw, I do too on occasion.

My problem is that unless you're there to see the side on a regular basis, you can't form justifiable opinions on the manager's performance or where things are going right/wrong.

You're relying on second hand opinions, yet shouting the loudest for the manager to be sacked after every poor result.

bawheid
01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Thats my thread Bawheid :thumbsup:

I knew that. :wink:

sleeping giant
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
I knew that. :wink:

Pffft !
I just wanted to seem like i knew something :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
imho, hughes can't be judged properly until he's had a good chance to move on several players who simply aren't good enough.

Wenger or ferguson would be struggling to put together a performance with what yogi's got to work with at the moment.

If he can replace those not up to it with players of a similar standard to miller, stokes and mcbride then we'll go places.

He has to be given the summer transfer window as a minimum, otherwise we're back to square one again, with the players under no illusions about who holds the aces at the football club. Whoever comes in will struggle if that happens.

10/10.

bawheid
01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Pffft !
I just wanted to seem like i knew something :greengrin

I'll PM you with the goss on a dressing room bust-up. I can't post it here.

:greengrin

sleeping giant
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Dinnae ever change G :thumbsup:

Sudds_1
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM

pm me too! :wink::devil:

weonlywon6-2
01-04-2010, 11:58 AM

so, is the dressing room in turmoil then?

yes/no?

bawheid
01-04-2010, 12:03 PM
so, is the dressing room in turmoil then?

yes/no?

No? Yes? I know as much as anyone else on here!

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Fair enough. I'm not criticising you for putting family or work commitments above Hibs btw, I do too on occasion.

My problem is that unless you're there to see the side on a regular basis, you can't form justifiable opinions on the manager's performance or where things are going right/wrong.

You're relying on second hand opinions, yet shouting the loudest for the manager to be sacked after every poor result.

So why latch on to my posts and not those say from Hibbys overseas? Maybe this board should be for ST-holders only? And us minnions can talk amongst ourselves elsewhere

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM

Dinnae ever change G :thumbsup:

I won't J - dinnae worry :thumbsup:

bawheid
01-04-2010, 12:10 PM
So why latch on to my posts and not those say from Hibbys overseas? Maybe this board should be for ST-holders only? And us minnions can talk amongst ourselves elsewhere

Because no one is shouting louder for the manager to be sacked than you. It's been going on for weeks now. You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm entitled to disagree with it, and give my reasons for disagreeing alongside any other observations I might have.

If you're going to start a thread calling for the manager's head after less than one season in the job while the team are sitting fourth, expect to take a bit of flak.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 12:11 PM

You are the one shouting the loudest, even those abroad see most games live on HI. You see hibs as often as we all see hayleys comet, and prefer golf to football.

StevieC
01-04-2010, 12:13 PM
I am not posting on the issues as I'll get the kinda pish you've posted above

So why post at all???

:dunno:

HFC 0-7
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Man U won only 1 match of their first 7 in the 08/09 season.

Must be gutted they didn't pump Fergie huh.

They got better through the season, not worse! It shows a managers weaknesses if the team go from good to very bad in one season. It shows a good manager that can start off a season bad but improve greatly. We are not showing signs of moving forward here, IMO the writing was on the wall with the signings made in january. Now we have a team with average players peperred with good ones, yet every player seems to be performing below their abilities, when this happens you can only look at the manager. Fair enough if all the players were rank and playing to their abilties, but each player in the hibs team have shown what they are capable of, now they are playing nowhere near that!

northerngreen
01-04-2010, 12:15 PM
end of the day we can't sack yogi we have no money to pay off a club 4 a new manager and doubt mogga will come back with the money hughes is on

StevieC
01-04-2010, 12:18 PM
As explained before I golf on a SUNDAY and a SATURDAY and a TUESDAY NIGHT and a WEDNESDAY NIGHT (unless Hibs are playing at Tannadice and I've wangled hospitality)

Fixed that for you.

:wink:

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Fixed that for you.

:wink:

That's the summer :wink:

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Because no one is shouting louder for the manager to be sacked than you. It's been going on for weeks now. You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm entitled to disagree with it, and give my reasons for disagreeing alongside any other observations I might have.

If you're going to start a thread calling for the manager's head after less than one season in the job while the team are sitting fourth, expect to take a bit of flak.

I am happy folks disagree - this place would be very dull otherwise.

Flak - yes. Personal stuff - nah!

You are the one shouting the loudest, even those abroad see most games live on HI. You see hibs as often as we all see hayleys comet, and prefer golf to football.

You were shouting as loud - as was I - when it was Mixu .. what's the difference now?

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM

You were shouting as loud - as was I - when it was Mixu .. what's the difference now?

I actually saw what was on offer, you dont. And you had it in for Yogi from day 1. You are loving it.:bitchy:

Speedway
01-04-2010, 12:30 PM
'This cannot go on'

But it will, through all our lifetimes, none of us have seen us compete regularly at the top end of the table and none of us ever will.

bawheid
01-04-2010, 12:32 PM

True, and you'll get no personal stuff from me.

All I did was point out that the hospy box at Dens or sitting in front of the radio might not be the best place to form an opinion on the performance of the manager.

MrSmith
01-04-2010, 12:34 PM
My thruppenybitsworth...Yogi is the man for the job and at the very least deserves another full season.

The problem, in my view, is that we have rode our luck all season and if we are all honest?? We haven't been that good!

This is a transition season, lets get rid of the dead wood, strengthen defense and midfield and lets see how we go next season...We've written off seasons before that have been much better/worse than this under previous managers.

And, also, I agree with most posters and bawheid that this has to stop! Getting rid of and having to many managers will have our clarty neebors asking us about the new plan f/g/h/i/j/k - get the picture?

Beefster
01-04-2010, 12:36 PM

Thanks to my brilliance, everyone can now see Haley's Comet whenever they want.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/110943main_comet1.jpg

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks to my brilliance, everyone can now see Haley's Comet whenever they want.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/110943main_comet1.jpg

Well done, now TQM can see it when on the golf course, at dens park/tannadice or even out shopping. :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 12:48 PM
True, and you'll get no personal stuff from me.

All I did was point out that the hospy box at Dens or sitting in front of the radio might not be the best place to form an opinion on the performance of the manager.

True - once this season though.

Where you at Perth? or Tannadice? I witnessed poorer than I'd seen under Mixu.

J-C
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Can't be arsed to trawl through yet more pages of guff aimed at Yogi/Mixu/team's crap etc etc etc.

Why cant some of you so called supporters get it into your thick skull's that you can't create a winning everything team in just 1 season. He brought in 3-4 decent players and gave the others the opertunity to show they are worthy of staying here. As we can see a few are not and as alluded to in yesterdays post match interview, yogi stated this fact, saying that it's football and if certain players don't meet his standards, he'll bring in players that can.

The fact that we've already got more points at this stage of the season, compared to the whole of the last campaign tells you we've made progress, but only just a wee bit.

Top 6 was a must and anything more is a bonus, why can't some of you see this.

We had the 2nd best defense in Scotland at one point, then since the new year it's fallen apart, WHY??.....injuries and a loss of form by the key players that gave us such a good base earlier in the season.

Yogi has made mistakes, he's admitted that but not serious ones, and certainly not ones that warrant him being sacked, as some on here want.

Stop moaning, get behind the team and management and try at least support the team, instead of continually having a go at them, like was said before.....faceless supporters on web sites, these threads just prove how right that statement was.:grr:

Rant over.

basehibby
01-04-2010, 01:13 PM

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

The football is rank.

Yogi IS the man for the job IMO.

We were beaten last night by a better Dundee Utd side who, as we all know, were built up over a period of THREE seasons (not three quarters of one you understand) by a manager who's gone on to lead his country.

Hughes, despite the recent slump in form, still has the team looking much better than when he took over and will go on to improve the side further in the summer window. Petrie, thankfully, is of a much cooler demeanor and more considered personality than many of our support, and will therefore give Hughes the time and resources he has earned to take Hibs further forward in the summer (all IMO of course).

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Can't be arsed to trawl through yet more pages of guff aimed at Yogi/Mixu/team's crap etc etc etc.

Why cant some of you so called supporters get it into your thick skull's that you can't create a winning everything team in just 1 season. He brought in 3-4 decent players and gave the others the opertunity to show they are worthy of staying here. As we can see a few are not and as alluded to in yesterdays post match interview, yogi stated this fact, saying that it's football and if certain players don't meet his standards, he'll bring in players that can.

The fact that we've already got more points at this stage of the season, compared to the whole of the last campaign tells you we've made progress, but only just a wee bit.

We had the 2nd best defense in Scotland at one point, then since the new year it's fallen apart, WHY??.....injuries and a loss of form by the key players that gave us such a good base earlier in the season.

Yogi has made mistakes, he's admitted that but not serious ones, and certainly not ones that warrant him being sacked, as some on here want.

Stop moaning, get behind the team and management and try at least support the team, instead of continually having a go at them, like was said before.....faceless supporters on web sites, these threads just prove how right that statement was.:grr:

Rant over.

That's all very well, but did you not hear, there are issues at the club, us normal folk are not allowed to know about. What you say in the above post counts for nothing these days. We have microwave football now, patience is something that's confined to doctors surgery's. :wink::agree:

Diclonius
01-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Wah wah wah, I don't like new manager any more, he's boring, wah wah wah, want a new one in NOW or I'll SCREAM.

Have some ****ing patience for christ's sake.

If we sack Yogi now you can bet your ****ing life that this time next year we will calling for his successor - regardless of who they are - to be sacked, because the team isn't miraculously taking the SPL by storm all of a sudden. "Want success and I want it NOW. Wahhhhh."

Seriously. Don't be a bunch of demanding little children.

Do you want Hibs to perpertually be "in transition"?

J-C
01-04-2010, 01:32 PM
That's all very well, but did you not hear, there are issues at the club, us normal folk are not allowed to know about. What you say in the above post counts for nothing these days. We have microwave football now, patience is something that's confined to doctors surgery's. :wink::agree:

It just gets so bloody depressing reading all this pish from people who haven't got a clue, if they want instant success the they should sod of to the old firm and have done with it.:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM

Lock the doors, nobody leaves until we find out who these people are. The very thought of an outbreak of normality on this board has my blood boiling!!!:grr:

If any of them comes near my girls, I swear I'll do *****ing time!!!!!!!!! :greengrin

SloopJB
01-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I know stuff. and it's about stuff:grr:
It's simply not good enough and if I was to tell you about it then you would know too.

How bad is that:grr:

and something else:grr:

CMac1988
01-04-2010, 01:40 PM
F*** me!! After reading every post for 4 pages, I still don't know what this whole behind the scene pish is all about...

p.s. As much as I'm fed up with some of the pish Yogi is slavering in post match interviews, he's certainly not done anything to justify getting th sack now. Surely he should get the summer to make changes etc... No?

ChilliEater
01-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Wah wah wah, I don't like new manager any more, he's boring, wah wah wah, want a new one in NOW or I'll SCREAM.

Have some ****ing patience for christ's sake.

If we sack Yogi now you can bet your ****ing life that this time next year we will calling for his successor - regardless of who they are - to be sacked, because the team isn't miraculously taking the SPL by storm all of a sudden. "Want success and I want it NOW. Wahhhhh."

Seriously. Don't be a bunch of demanding little children.

:top marks best post in a very entertaining thread! With a special commendation to Filled Rolls for his "I'll do f****ing time" comment :greengrin

Yogi may or may not prove to be a good Hibs manager, but now is not the time to judge. We were playing poorly towards the end of Collins' reign, dreadful under Tommy Craig, horribly under Mixu, with 1 or 2 good results thrown in.
Early in the season we played some good stuff - after a ropey start the performance in the 1-1 draw at Ibrox was exceptional, for example - but now we are struggling, however, someone has already pointed out that we are close to having as many points as last season (can't remember the exact figure, and its too long a thread to check back), so we appear to be making progress, and I don't see how anyone can ask for more than that? Mowbray talked sense when he spoke of the "upward spiral", we might be on one again, but it'll likely be this time next year before we have a clearer picture.

Mac
01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
"there was also several barnies between players"

"directors arent entirely happy with everything"

"want to try and cut wage bill"

"want to see improvements on the pitch"

"THERE ARE ISSUES AT THE CLUB"

Now, i will categorically state my source...

Every bloody club in the world would fall into these categories and therefor stating some general comment like the one quoted by TQM is never going to be wrong, personally i think its a whole load of keeck considering the number of similar posts by the same person.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Lock the doors, nobody leaves until we find out who these people are. The very thought of an outbreak of normality on this board has my blood boiling!!!:grr:

If any of them comes near my girls, I swear I'll do *****ing time!!!!!!!!! :greengrin

Creases me up every time. :faf::faf::top marks

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 02:20 PM
F*** me!! After reading every post for 4 pages, I still don't know what this whole behind the scene pish is all about...

p.s. As much as I'm fed up with some of the pish Yogi is slavering in post match interviews, he's certainly not done anything to justify getting th sack now. Surely he should get the summer to make changes etc... No?

I heard Stokes has had a difference of opinion with the manager, true or not, i don't know? Its happens at every club. We are not that special. The manager will sort it, or will be sacked.

ahibby
01-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I haven't read every post so I don't know if this has already been mentioned. I think TQM is referring to the rumoured take over which has been said we will hear about in the summer. Perhaps that is causing some unrest. I am concerned about apathy too, to be honest it has hit me this season. I've never known a time other than this year when I have watched a Hibs game and felt very little in terms of emotions. A change in manager might not help season ticket sales for next season.

weonlywon6-2
01-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I haven't read every post so I don't know if this has already been mentioned. I think TQM is referring to the rumoured take over which has been said we will hear about in the summer. Perhaps that is causing some unrest. I am concerned about apathy too, to be honest it has hit me this season. I've never known a time other than this year when I have watched a Hibs game and felt very little in terms of emotions. A change in manager might not help season ticket sales for next season.

:agree::agree::agree:

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Well we have been for some years now. And according to this well known Hibs.net poster (not yet rumoured to be of Yammish persuasion)...

'This cannot go on'

But it will, through all our lifetimes, none of us have seen us compete regularly at the top end of the table and none of us ever will.

... transition appears to be our eternal destiny. :greengrin There's a sobering thought when the club is about to put season tickets on sale. Cheers, Speedway!

It just gets so bloody depressing reading all this pish from people who haven't got a clue, if they want instant success the they should sod of to the old firm and have done with it.:wink:
That has to get top marks for exaggeration. :greengrin When have Hibs been instant at anything?

For Hibs supporters who have endured year upon year of form collapse in February / March this has turned out to be yet another season of the same. Hibs supporters are resigned to it. But after having their expectations raised even a little towrads the end of last year they are more than entitled to get angry / frustrated at history repeating itself yet again.

Instant success?? Do me a favour.

CMac1988
01-04-2010, 07:47 PM
I heard Stokes has had a difference of opinion with the manager, true or not, i don't know? Its happens at every club. We are not that special. The manager will sort it, or will be sacked.

Cheers for clearing that up a little.

I wonder what (if at all) Stokes problem is? Seems to me his new given chance is going well. 20 goals this season and he's still pissed? Surely his problem is more to do with with his team mates and lack of support. Then again this may be down to the managers tactics... Won't get into that here.

Alas a couple of other rumours I have heard are;

1. The possible takover bid in the summer.
2. A few players showing up late for training regularly. Bamba is the main player in question.
3. And also heard before last night's post match interview, that upto 11 players throuhgout the whole team (not just the first squad) may possibly be emptied.

Specifics may obviously vary as the whole rumours thing is basically just a big game of chinese whispers.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
TQM - With this type of "I know something but I can't tell you" just makes me feel sorry for you, mucho respecto losto with this type of posting :cool2:

Eaststand
01-04-2010, 08:17 PM

Rant over.

:top marks :thumbsup:

Big_D
01-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Can I ask if what you heard involves a striker "Decking" a too often injured midfielder ?

sahib
01-04-2010, 08:20 PM

I wonder what (if at all) Stokes problem is? Seems to me his new given chance is going well. 20 goals this season and he's still pissed? Surely his problem is more to do with with his team mates and lack of support. Then again this may be down to the managers tactics... Won't get into that here.

2. A few players showing up late for training regularly. Bamba is the main player in question.
3. And also heard before last night's post match interview, that upto 11 players throuhgout the whole team (not just the first squad) may possibly be emptied.

Specifics may obviously vary as the whole rumours thing is basically just a big game of chinese whispers.

Now that was muted on here a couple of days ago. So is this independant confirmation? Or more likely was it started here and rebounded back as these things do.

Dalkeith
01-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Can I ask if what you heard involves a striker "Decking" a too often injured midfielder ?

thats the one i heard as well

Albanian Hibs
01-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

The football is rank.

Thats the type of pish that really gets on my nerves. Why bother saying anything then? IMO its all about seeking attention. As I said IMO.

Big_D
01-04-2010, 08:32 PM

Someone asked me if i'd heard anything , i know a relative of the person is kind of connected at the club so i wondered if there was anything in it

Bostonhibby
01-04-2010, 08:37 PM

I agree with that, but its the doing of the deed I worry about. I certainly agree re this window, but thats his long stop for me, whats left can only be those where the economics prevent us parking them, or Yogi wants to keep them, clock will then be ticking and he is the managerial apointment I most want to succeed.

Bohemian_Hibee
01-04-2010, 08:39 PM
The manager will sort it, or will be sacked.

Exactly.

Every club has issues, from players unhappy about not getting a game to the training being too hard or too soft. As BH has said, Hughes will either sort it or be sacked. It really IS that simple!

Bostonhibby
01-04-2010, 08:39 PM

If any of this is true then thats what you want a manager of Yogi's apparent character and no nonsense approach to sort out.

The Green Goblin
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM

"It is not a secret", yet you won`t say what "it" is.

Tell me you can see the contradiction in there.

GG

The Green Goblin
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
p.s - `m not going to beg you to tell me.

Bostonhibby
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Yogi IS the man for the job IMO.

We were beaten last night by a better Dundee Utd side who, as we all know, were built up over a period of THREE seasons (not three quarters of one you understand) by a manager who's gone on to lead his country.

Hughes, despite the recent slump in form, still has the team looking much better than when he took over and will go on to improve the side further in the summer window. Petrie, thankfully, is of a much cooler demeanor and more considered personality than many of our support, and will therefore give Hughes the time and resources he has earned to take Hibs further forward in the summer (all IMO of course).

carnoustiehibee
01-04-2010, 08:45 PM

have you read this on another thread?

Levein turned things round immediately at United

What people seem to be forgetting about Levein when he took over at United, is that he was taking over a club very much in crisis, a club that had been in the doldrums the previos 6-7 years and in its worst run since the 50's

A team that had won 2 drew 11 and lost 15 under Brewster, who in the previous 6 games before Levein taking charge had just lost to hearts (4-0 a) hibs (3-0 h) 1st div st johnstone (3-0 a) celtic (4-1 h) aberdeen (3-1 a) and falkirk (5-1 a) - bottom at the end of October 2006 after 12 games with 8pts and heading for definite relegation.

We ended up winning 6 out of the next 10 games including beating Rangers 2-1, Aberdeen 3-1 and a 2-2 draw at CP in which we led 2nil, he signed Gomis, Daly and Dillon that January, we managed another decent run inwhich we thumped hearts 4-0 at tyncastle and aberdeen 4-2 at pittodrie in consecutive away games(they finished 3rd n 4th) and were clear of relegation by the split, ended up 9th on 42pts.

Cant compare to Hughes taking over a Hibs side who have been top 6 for a few years now, two different situations.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM

Good idea. Maybe we could sign in using out client ref numbers or something?

What people seem to be forgetting about Levein when he took over at United, is that he was taking over a club very much in crisis, a club that had been in the doldrums the previos 6-7 years and in its worst run since the 50's

A team that had won 2 drew 11 and lost 15 under Brewster, who in the previous 6 games before Levein taking charge had just lost to hearts (4-0 a) hibs (3-0 h) 1st div st johnstone (3-0 a) celtic (4-1 h) aberdeen (3-1 a) and falkirk (5-1 a) - bottom at the end of October 2006 after 12 games with 8pts and heading for definite relegation.

We ended up winning 6 out of the next 10 games including beating Rangers 2-1, Aberdeen 3-1 and a 2-2 draw at CP in which we led 2nil, he signed Gomis, Daly and Dillon that January, we managed another decent run inwhich we thumped hearts 4-0 at tyncastle and aberdeen 4-2 at pittodrie in consecutive away games(they finished 3rd n 4th) and were clear of relegation by the split, ended up 9th on 42pts.

Cant compare to Hughes taking over a Hibs side who have been top 6 for a few years now, two different situations.

So you finished 9th, 5th, 5th and now probaby 3rd and that's not a gradual progression?

Westie1875
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM

Regardless of any of this, it is still fact that Levein built the squad at Utd up over 3 seasons. Yogi also improved Hibs immediately when he came in so I'm not sure quite what your point is.

Westie1875
01-04-2010, 08:59 PM
He lifted a quote from another thread posted by an arab.

I see, I'll remove that from my post.

ronaldo7
01-04-2010, 09:02 PM

Rant over.

:top marks:agree:

CMac1988
01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Now that was muted on here a couple of days ago. So is this independant confirmation? Or more likely was it started here and rebounded back as these things do.

Think it was the rumour that grew from here. So this is definately muted then?

Cheers :greengrin.

Bostonhibby
01-04-2010, 09:07 PM

Nah, definitely the same thread.

Was attempting to agree the following:-

1. In my opinion Yogi is the man for the job - whatever the starting point relative to DUFC at the point in time you refer to, it might take a similar time to that which Levein took to show progress that is meaningful to we Hibbys.

2. We were beaten last night by a better Dundee Utd side - I am obviously receptive to any arguments that we were in fact better than them :wink: Time aside what they have achieved up to the point Levein left isn't a bad thing for us to aspire to over a similar time frame given where we now are and were under Mixu.

3. I also agreed that despite the recent slump in form, the team overall has been looking much better than when Yogi took over - not hard I know and he needs to arrest it soon otherwise I might review that opinion.

carnoustiehibee
01-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Regardless of any of this, it is still fact that Levein built the squad at Utd up over 3 seasons. Yogi also improved Hibs immediately when he came in so I'm not sure quite what your point is.

did he? we've played well this season against motherwell away, rangers away and maybe 1 or 2 home games but none that come to mind. i havent this season came away from a game thinking id had my monies worth.

i dono what they do at the training complex but it aint tatics or 1st touch or 3rd man running. could go on and on

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 09:19 PM
did he?

Yes. We went 14 games unbeaten and were talked of as challengers for 2nd place. We weren't last year.

Now we're 4th, last year at this time we were battling to make the top 6.

Westie1875
01-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Yes. We went 14 games unbeaten and were talked of as challengers for 2nd place. We weren't last year.

Exactly, but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good old moan. :bitchy:

Bostonhibby
01-04-2010, 09:25 PM

:thumbsup: Aw naw, facts getting in the way of a good argument.

matty_f
01-04-2010, 09:29 PM

Think we've already beaten last season's points total as well. And got further in the Scottish, even if it did ultimately end in disappointment.

marinello59
01-04-2010, 09:31 PM

Think we've already beaten last season's points total as well. And got further in the Scottish.

All well and good but apart from that...............what has Yogi ever done for us?

carnoustiehibee
01-04-2010, 09:33 PM

12 game league unbeaten,11 in a row, but 5 were draws. not something to drool over really,but heho.

who talked as challengers to 2nd place? people on here,some players? surley not anyone who went to the games. the media and pundits like to bum hibs up as playing great football. ie jim duffy last night, who also said liam miller's form at the start of the season merited a scotland call up.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 09:40 PM
12 game league unbeaten,11 in a row, but 5 were draws. not something to drool over really,but heho.

who talked as challengers to 2nd place? people on here,some players? surley not anyone who went to the games. the media and pundits like to bum hibs up as playing great football. ie jim duffy last night, who also said liam miller's form at the start of the season merited a scotland call up.

So we've to discount draws now?

The media and even opposition managers talked us up for OF challengers. A lot of folk believed it too much though and that's why we now have such a backlash.

That says it all about Duffy then - touting a guy with 20 odd ROI caps for Scotland!

Sir David Gray
01-04-2010, 09:46 PM

Think we've already beaten last season's points total as well. And got further in the Scottish, even if it did ultimately end in disappointment.

I wouldn't really be hailing what we have done this year as any kind of progress by comparing it to last year's efforts as last season was one of the worst seasons for years. It really couldn't have got any worse, if it had then Hughes would probably have been sacked by now.

Last season was truly awful and this season is only going to be marginally less so.

I say all of the above as someone who would NOT sack Hughes at this moment in time.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't really be hailing what we have done this year as any kind of progress by comparing it to last year's efforts as last season was one of the worst seasons for years. It really couldn't have got any worse, if it had then Hughes would probably have been sacked by now.

Last season was truly awful and this season is only going to be marginally less so.

I say all of the above as someone who would NOT sack Hughes at this moment in time.

Question was "what has Yogi ever done for us?"

Answer is above.

BTW should we only compare this season to good seasons we've had?!

Westie1875
01-04-2010, 09:51 PM

Yes it could, you only need to look at Aberdeen to see what could have happened.

matty_f
01-04-2010, 09:52 PM

When should Yogi progress from then? Mowbray's team? Collins'? Turnbull's?

His starting point was the team that he inherited from Mixu, minus arguably it's best two players shortly after he arrived.

Surely there has to be credit given to Yogi for getting this squad of players into the position that they're in just now, and beating last season's points total?

To not give him credit for that is extremely harsh, IMHO.

Iggy Pope
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
did he? we've played well this season against motherwell away, rangers away and maybe 1 or 2 home games but none that come to mind. i havent this season came away from a game thinking id had my monies worth.

i dono what they do at the training complex but it aint tatics or 1st touch or 3rd man running. could go on and on

You mention the Motherwell game and presumably the draw at Ibrox, but what about the wins at Pittodrie and Celtic Park?
Or 5 against Hamilton at home. Late winners at ER against Killie and St Mirren twice? Swatting Motherwell aside at ER? The 1 -1 draw with Dundee Utd at ER? The 2 - 2 fightback against Aberdeen at ER? You never got your moneys worth at these games? Can only mean you never paid any money at these games.

1st touch? You think Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Wotherspoon, Murray, McBride Zemmama, Benji or Bamba have problems in that department? I don't.
Nish couldn't finish his tea but there's nothing lacking in his touch.

And what the **** is 3rd man running when it's at home? Was Tom Cruise in that one?
Maybe just as well you don't go on and on.

Iggy Pope
01-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Couldn't have got worse? And you coming from Falkirk. Home to a team that has habitually gone up and down like a barmaid's knickers and even had to stay down because their ground was a ****hole. Take a look around you before deciding how much worse things couldn't get.

hibsdaft
01-04-2010, 10:08 PM
every time i see this thread title i think of this:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01553/cameron-poster-4_1553127c.jpg

Sir David Gray
01-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Question was "what has Yogi ever done for us?"

Answer is above.

BTW should we only compare this season to good seasons we've had?!

No, all of what you and Matty Fairnie said in the posts that I quoted was correct, they were all facts, but I just wouldn't be comparing this season to a season that was one of the most tedious and uninspiring seasons for a number of years.

I don't think it would have been hard for this current Hibs side to improve on last season's performance in the league and cups, considering that we sneaked into the top six by the skin of our teeth and got put out of both cups at the first hurdle.

This year we are comfortably into the top six (which, incidently, should not be seen as a measure of achievement in my view), got put out of the league cup at the second round stage and we contrived to stuff up our Scottish Cup campaign yet again, despite the fact that we had the best run of Scottish Cup draws that we are ever likely to get for quite some years.

The only way that this season could have got any worse than last season would have been if we had ended up in the bottom six. After signing the likes of Anthony Stokes and Liam Miller (two players with international, and English Premiership, experience), if we had finished in the bottom six this year then John Hughes would have been sacked by now.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 10:22 PM
No, all of what you and Matty Fairnie said in the posts that I quoted was correct, they were all facts, but I just wouldn't be comparing this season to a season that was one of the most tedious and uninspiring seasons for a number of years.

I don't think it would have been hard for this current Hibs side to improve on last season's performance in the league and cups, considering that we sneaked into the top six by the skin of our teeth and got put out of both cups at the first hurdle.

This year we are comfortably into the top six (which, incidently, should not be seen as a measure of achievement in my view), got put out of the league cup at the second round stage and we contrived to stuff up our Scottish Cup campaign yet again, despite the fact that we had the best run of Scottish Cup draws that we are ever likely to get for quite some years.

The only way that this season could have got any worse than last season would have been if we had ended up in the bottom six. After signing the likes of Anthony Stokes and Liam Miller (two players with international, and English Premiership, experience), if we had finished in the bottom six this year then John Hughes would have been sacked by now.

:agree: Basically what you're saying is if Yogi hadn't improved us he'd have been sacked by now.

Jonnyboy
01-04-2010, 10:32 PM

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

The football is rank.

With the greatest of respect TQM this thread is just the same as the one started by Russian Hibs re a supposed change of ownership. It offers nothing factual but hints at special knowledge that won't be shared. I have to ask you, what's the point?

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 10:37 PM
With the greatest of respect TQM this thread is just the same as the one started by Russian Hibs re a supposed change of ownership. It offers nothing factual but hints at special knowledge that won't be shared. I have to ask you, what's the point?

The point is to **** stir, that's all. He was against the manager from day 1, and has been snipping away at him since the day he was appointed. He's nae hibs fan in my book, he cant wait for us to get beat, so he can get stuck in. Although he wont have seen any of the game, he will be golfing, or at another match on a freebie.:bitchy:

Bearders
01-04-2010, 10:41 PM

TQM's keyboard viagra?

Jonnyboy
01-04-2010, 10:43 PM

I saw that thread too - pish and I got that from a source that does know what's going on, not from a poster who likes to feel important :wink:

hibsbollah
01-04-2010, 10:48 PM
20 goals this season and he's still pissed?

Makes you wonder what he could achieve sober:agree:

Sir David Gray
01-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Yes it could, you only need to look at Aberdeen to see what could have happened.

Of course it COULD have got worse, like I have said in my last post we could have ended up in the bottom six. But again, as I also said in my previous post, after signing players like Stokes and Miller, if we had ended up in the bottom six this season then Hughes would be looking for a new job by now.

I don't think that a slight improvement on last season's shambles is anything to get too excited about.

When should Yogi progress from then? Mowbray's team? Collins'? Turnbull's?

His starting point was the team that he inherited from Mixu, minus arguably it's best two players shortly after he arrived.

Surely there has to be credit given to Yogi for getting this squad of players into the position that they're in just now, and beating last season's points total?

To not give him credit for that is extremely harsh, IMHO.

First point you make, I don't think Hughes should be compared to anybody, he should be taken on his own merit. Last season under Paatelainen was torture and this season under Hughes has been better but has still been very poor, particularly in the past three months or so. It has still been nowhere near good enough for Hibs.

However, I have seen enough from Hughes so far that makes me believe that he can and will make a good Hibs manager, he still needs time to rebuild the side and bring in the kind of players who will fulfill his vision that he keeps talking about in interviews.

I give Hughes credit for getting us into a position where we are a bit more competitive this year in the fight for a European place (which I believe is where Hibs should be every year) but there is still a very long way to go before I will be anywhere near satisfied with how things are going on the pitch.

Couldn't have got worse? And you coming from Falkirk. Home to a team that has habitually gone up and down like a barmaid's knickers and even had to stay down because their ground was a ****hole. Take a look around you before deciding how much worse things couldn't get.

I'm not sure what your point is here to be honest.

hibee_nation
01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm glad he is getting a new one ripped on this thread as he does my head in. What is it with these 40 somethings upper middle class twits who hear snippets of info from other faceless twits at dinner parties that make them think they are so special and feel the need to prove they are in the know. It's got to be some sort of inferiority complex or just got fagged too much at public school. :slipper::spammy:

carnoustiehibee
01-04-2010, 10:54 PM
You mention the Motherwell game and presumably the draw at Ibrox, but what about the wins at Pittodrie and Celtic Park?
Or 5 against Hamilton at home. Late winners at ER against Killie and St Mirren twice? Swatting Motherwell aside at ER? The 1 -1 draw with Dundee Utd at ER? The 2 - 2 fightback against Aberdeen at ER? You never got your moneys worth at these games? Can only mean you never paid any money at these games.

1st touch? You think Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Wotherspoon, Murray, McBride Zemmama, Benji or Bamba have problems in that department? I don't.
Nish couldn't finish his tea but there's nothing lacking in his touch.

And what the **** is 3rd man running when it's at home? Was Tom Cruise in that one?
Maybe just as well you don't go on and on.

i did say there was 1 or 2 at home that i couldnt remember.
aberdeen and celtic aint exactly setting the heather on fire tho eh!
lucky pen at the end to draw with aberdeen.
draw against utd at home,ya dancer!

but your last comment doesnt surprise me tho. your probably a coach at er

hibee_nation
01-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Of course it COULD have got worse, like I have said in my last post we could have ended up in the bottom six. But again, as I also said in my previous post, after signing players like Stokes and Miller, if we had ended up in the bottom six this season then Hughes would be looking for a new job by now.

I don't think that a slight improvement on last season's shambles is anything to get too excited about.

First point you make, I don't think Hughes should be compared to anybody, he should be taken on his own merit. Last season under Paatelainen was torture and this season under Hughes has been better but has still been very poor, particularly in the past three months or so. It has still been nowhere near good enough for Hibs.

However, I have seen enough from Hughes so far that makes me believe that he can and will make a good Hibs manager, he still needs time to rebuild the side and bring in the kind of players who will fulfill his vision that he keeps talking about in interviews.

I give Hughes credit for getting us into a position where we are a bit more competitive this year in the fight for a European place (which I believe is where Hibs should be every year) but there is still a very long way to go before I will be anywhere near satisfied with how things are going on the pitch.

I'm not sure what your point is here to be honest.

Really, let me help you then, i think he is infering you talk nonsense.

Jonnyboy
01-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm glad he is getting a new one ripped on this thread as he does my head in. What is it with these 40 somethings upper middle class twits who hear snippets of info from other faceless twits at dinner parties that make them think they are so special and feel the need to prove they are in the know. It's got to be some sort of inferior complex or just got fagged too much at public school. :slipper::spammy:

Nae need IMO. He's posted something and you have debated your view in response but the personal comments are unjust and unfair

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 11:01 PM

We'll see JC.

I would point out it is one line of several - and others up there alarm me as much eg possession, tactics (midfield), STs, apathy etc .. indeed they concern me as much if not more. Why? Because I don't believe the Board will remove Yogi - he will get longer and I don't believe that's the right thing to do - hence the post.

However, Yogi will get longer and he will remove the players that are the issue.

Will the football, tactics, subs etc improve as a consequence - who knows but I'm not hopeful.

We've had dross for weeks and weeks and I don't see Yogi getting any closer to putting it right.

So back to the OP, IMHO this Board take too long to act. They have taken too long to remove managers previously when the football was poor eg Blobby and Mixu. To repeat this a third time in such a short period of time is beyond my comprehension and it will damage the club again if apathy grows and crowds and STs fall as they did with the aforementioned managers. Just my views, J - and I don't see the similarity to RH's thread on a takeover personally.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-04-2010, 11:02 PM

Mebbes Stokes likes a punt doon the Bookies? :dunno: discussion follows, agreements are reached, goals are scored, everybodys happy.

oldbutdim
01-04-2010, 11:06 PM

Well said.

oldbutdim
01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
We'll see JC.

I would point out it is one line of several - and others up there alarm me as much eg possession, tactics (midfield), STs, apathy etc .. indeed they concern me as much if not more. Why? Because I don't believe the Board will remove Yogi - he will get longer and I don't believe that's the right thing to do - hence the post.

However, Yogi will get longer and he will remove the players that are the issue.

Will the football, tactics, subs etc improve as a consequence - who knows but I'm not hopeful.

We've had dross for weeks and weeks and I don't see Yogi getting any closer to putting it right.

So back to the OP, IMHO this Board take too long to act. They have taken too long to remove managers previously when the football was poor eg Blobby and Mixu. To repeat this a third time in such a short period of time is beyond my comprehension and it will damage the club again if apathy grows and crowds and STs fall as they did with the aforementioned managers. Just my views, J - and I don't see the similarity to RH's thread on a takeover personally.

You haven't addressed Jonnyboy's point.
Why post vague innuendo if you aren't prepared to elucidate? You could make the "allegation" clear if there was any foundation to it. I don't know you at all but you are coming across as being a bit queer with your nudge nudge post. Just say what you have to say!

Or don't!

But the "I know and you don't" flavour seems deliberately intended to annoy.

I apologise if I am mistaken and you really have a point but er..... for some reason can't make it.

Jonnyboy
01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
We'll see JC.

That's mostly your opinion G and you are completely entitled to hold it but the 'suggestion' that something is amiss - without any factual back up to support it - serves only to cause further unrest IMO. I'm not saying you don't know things that others might not but why dangle the carrot? It serves no real purpose in my opinion.

I made the comparison with the RH thread because he started off by saying that he knew something was going on re a possible takeover but would not reveal what he knew. There's the similarity to your OP surely?

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 11:13 PM
You haven't addressed Jonnyboy's point.
Why post vague innuendo if you aren't prepared to elucidate? You could make the "allegation" clear if there was any foundation to it. I don't know you at all but you are coming across as being a bit queer with your nudge nudge post. Just say what you have to say!

Or don't!

But the "I know and you don't" flavour seems deliberately intended to annoy.

I apologise if I am mistaken and you really have a point but er..... for some reason can't make it.

I said why earlier before J's post .. I'll get pelters

Jonnyboy
01-04-2010, 11:16 PM

You're getting pelters anyway :greengrin

hibee_nation
01-04-2010, 11:17 PM

Wise move you don't want to be getting pelters on here, hows the handicap getting on must be down to single figures now with all the green time. :devil:

Jonnyboy
01-04-2010, 11:17 PM
REMOVED BY ADMIN

Why resort to name calling though?

hibee_nation
01-04-2010, 11:18 PM
You're getting pelters anyway :greengrin

If your not first your last on here. :greengrin

Fantic
01-04-2010, 11:18 PM

Whats the difference. Your getting pelters now.

hibee_nation
01-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Why resort to name calling though?

I guess some posters just get under your skin without knowing them, i'm sure he is perfectly decent guy and would happily have a drink with him, if he was paying. :wink:

Jonnyboy
01-04-2010, 11:21 PM
If your not first your last on here. :greengrin

Cannae argue with that - whatever it means :greengrin

oldbutdim
01-04-2010, 11:23 PM

I don't see why.

If you are merely sharing info or giving a view why would that reflect on you?

You are definitely getting "pelters" for adopting what some may see as a condescending position, claiming to have knowledge about a topic dear to all, but which you have decided to not only keep to yourself, but somehow have a smug right to.
Again, I'm not attacking you - just pointing out that you are doing yourself no favours.

hibee_nation
01-04-2010, 11:23 PM
See there goes another one. I'm sure there are worse things said but fair do's if i have over stepped the mark.

Steve-O
01-04-2010, 11:54 PM

IWasThere2016
02-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Jeezo. Let's remember I have said there are 'issues' and that I believe Yogi will be given time and he will imho deal with them.

I haven't tried to post this as some sensational exclusive or said these are significant or cannot be overcome or drop veiled hints like RH on the takeover.

I get accused by some of wanting to have a pop - when ironically they've not got the sense to see they're doing exactly the same.

The reason I'm not posting is I would be betraying the trust of a pal or two and several fellow posters on here. All of whom have good/great info.

I'm gonna log off for a couple of days and let this thread sink.

Good luck to Yogi and the boys on Sunday and here's to a fine win with some good football thrown in.

Glory Glory!

KWJ
02-04-2010, 06:51 AM
They got better through the season, not worse! It shows a managers weaknesses if the team go from good to very bad in one season. It shows a good manager that can start off a season bad but improve greatly. We are not showing signs of moving forward here, IMO the writing was on the wall with the signings made in january. Now we have a team with average players peperred with good ones, yet every player seems to be performing below their abilities, when this happens you can only look at the manager. Fair enough if all the players were rank and playing to their abilties, but each player in the hibs team have shown what they are capable of, now they are playing nowhere near that!

Eh? The signings made in January. 2 of the SPL's better than average keepers and Alan Gow, a proven SPL player?

And this is the same January that we won the last 3 matches of?

Fergie also went with 2 wins in 12 in the 01/02 season. Surely a manager of his calibre should know how to start a season better and shouldn't go on these world's going to end kinda runs.

And I agree completely with the guy who made a far better post than I about the pitches doing us in.

ronaldo7
02-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Jeezo. Let's remember I have said there are 'issues' and that I believe Yogi will be given time and he will imho deal with them.

I haven't tried to post this as some sensational exclusive or said these are significant or cannot be overcome or drop veiled hints like RH on the takeover.

I get accused by some of wanting to have a pop - when ironically they've not got the sense to see they're doing exactly the same.

The reason I'm not posting is I would be betraying the trust of a pal or two and several fellow posters on here. All of whom have good/great info.

Good luck to Yogi and the boys on Sunday and here's to a fine win with some good football thrown in.

Glory Glory!

:faf::faf::faf:

Let the backpeddling begin.

The pelters have obviously become too much for you TQM:wink:

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Eh? The signings made in January. 2 of the SPL's better than average keepers and Alan Gow, a proven SPL player?

And this is the same January that we won the last 3 matches of?

Fergie also went with 2 wins in 12 in the 01/02 season. Surely a manager of his calibre should know how to start a season better and shouldn't go on these world's going to end kinda runs.

And I agree completely with the guy who made a far better post than I about the pitches doing us in.

OPitches causing us bother? Rubbish, its not the pitches fault that we cant pass a ball 5 yards when all the other teams can, the pitches dont cause the team to play with very little fight. Anyone that has even the smallest footballing brain could have seen that the gow signing and the brown signing were not really needed, what we did need was a defender, even if it was just an average one for cover on a short term deal. Also, I think even when we were winning we could still see that a midfielder with a bit of presence and a good physical side was required. These things that Yogi FAILED to deal with are now coming back to haunt him. Its not just january either, he should have spotted the problems with the defence when he was bringing in players at the start of the season. Not bringing in a right back and sticking with playing Wotherspoon at RB who is a midfielder was always going to cause problems. Not just because he is playing out of position, but to rely so much on someone that has just come through from the U19's could have an adverse effect on the player.

Again, when any manager gets the bullet its when the team he manages underperforms on a regular basis and in general the teams performances are going in a downward trend. Managers that start off badly that improve as it goes on show improvement, Yogi is showing the opposite. Also, fergie went to Man U with some credentials, Yogi IMO, if he wasnt a hibby wouldnt have got a sniff at the hibs job, as he never really done much with Falkirk. in fact he made them from a solid average team, to a team fighting relegation. Yogi is seriously lacking in most departments, Tactics, making signings for the most important places, managing (He is far too friendly with the players, this is resulted in what looks like a lack of respect, judging by the amount of back chat he gets from the players).

KWJ
02-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Neither Blobby or Mixu were punted by the board in the end, just allowed to leave. They suffered backlash after the sacking of Sauzee so didn't want that once again.

Blobby I agree was pretty dire and nobody was sad to see him go but it is fair to see he was never going to be as bad as Duffy.

I was actually in raised spirits for this season under Mixu as it simply couldn't get worse and we made a good showing of ourselves after the split in the 3 big matches.

What would sacking Yogi do now? It'd make us look about as appealing as Hearts for a gaffer. And who would we bring in? Calderwood, McCall, McGhee, another Mowbray looking for a stepping stone?

Have a look at how Falkirk are doing this season, their fans accepted relegation months ago and are doing worse than they ever did in the SPL under Yogi and aren't reaching the Scottish Cup Final like they did under Yogi.

Finally to the poster who didn't want Yogi sacked but said bad form for about 3 months. I'll say it again, 2 months! Just feels like 3 :wink:

KWJ
02-04-2010, 07:52 AM
OPitches causing us bother? Rubbish, its not the pitches fault that we cant pass a ball 5 yards when all the other teams can, the pitches dont cause the team to play with very little fight. Anyone that has even the smallest footballing brain could have seen that the gow signing and the brown signing were not really needed, what we did need was a defender, even if it was just an average one for cover on a short term deal. Also, I think even when we were winning we could still see that a midfielder with a bit of presence and a good physical side was required. These things that Yogi FAILED to deal with are now coming back to haunt him. Its not just january either, he should have spotted the problems with the defence when he was bringing in players at the start of the season. Not bringing in a right back and sticking with playing Wotherspoon at RB who is a midfielder was always going to cause problems. Not just because he is playing out of position, but to rely so much on someone that has just come through from the U19's could have an adverse effect on the player.

Again, when any manager gets the bullet its when the team he manages underperforms on a regular basis and in general the teams performances are going in a downward trend. Managers that start off badly that improve as it goes on show improvement, Yogi is showing the opposite. Also, fergie went to Man U with some credentials, Yogi IMO, if he wasnt a hibby wouldnt have got a sniff at the hibs job, as he never really done much with Falkirk. in fact he made them from a solid average team, to a team fighting relegation. Yogi is seriously lacking in most departments, Tactics, making signings for the most important places, managing (He is far too friendly with the players, this is resulted in what looks like a lack of respect, judging by the amount of back chat he gets from the players).

Sorry bud but you won't be surprised to know I disagree :wink:

Putting the pitch thing aside as I was only backing up another posters comments there.

I agree we needed to bring in a RB, Yogi tried too and we were linked with that boy from down south, ex don? It didn't happen. He could have kept Van Zanten on, that might have helped us out but I think he was expecting McCann to come back from injury which has unfortunately not happened. But there is no point letting DVZ go and bringing in another player of similar ilk. If he had kept DVZ on he'd be getting stick week in week out as before despite being an average player.

An average player like say Martin Canning who you are suggesting we should have brought in as a centre back, why? I'd rather have Hogg/Bamba/Murray + youngsters as possible centre back pairings tbh.

The physical presence thing in midfield is an interesting one that's been debated many a time. I don't personally see the need for another Rocastle or whatever when we already have McBride & Cregg who are meant to have the steel. Stevenson can also put it about when required. Admittedly these guys aren't exactly hulks though so I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Bamba in there now and again as Mixu enjoyed. I've been surprised Yogi has never tried it.

Anyway adding another central midfielder isn't required I don't think when we already have so many and that's after letting Chisholm leave.

We've certainly had far worse January's that have seen us lose many key players.

It's not worked for 2 months, and perhaps if we had a brute in there we may have picked up some more points but we did fine prior to that and had plenty of steal to grind out results on a few occasions.

Heads went down at Ibrox and we've really struggled to pick them back. It's no crisis however.

RIP
02-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Hibs fan or Hibs moan?

:yawn:

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.
WGAFFWTT

Best position since 2005!!

It's called a slump - we have them every season, get over yerself

The football is rank.
Not every game. For long periods this season the football was middling to good

Possession disnae win games - goals do

For some, like you - negativity never left

We won't sack him - the choice is support him or not

They have promised Yogi minimum 3 seasons. Provided we stay top 6 or better he's going absolutely nowhere

MrSmith
02-04-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm a 100% behind Yogi!

Sick to effin death of instant success some of the fans think we deserve!! we deserve nothing because of these fans expectations!

We have went through ten years of misery and hardship however we are now seeing a light at the end of this particular tunnel and in Yogi we have manager who will develop with the club and move us along at a stable pace not all things at once that some of the 'heads up their ***** brigade' want.

I'm getting to the point of being really bored by this pish and now gobsmacked by the "Old Firm' fans mentality on here!!!

Hibby D
02-04-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm a 100% behind Yogi!

Sick to effin death of instant success some of the fans think we deserve!! we deserve nothing because of these fans expectations!

We have went through ten years of misery and hardship however we are now seeing a light at the end of this particular tunnel and in Yogi we have manager who will develop with the club and move us along at a stable pace not all things at once that some of the 'heads up their ***** brigade' want.

I'm getting to the point of being really bored by this pish and now gobsmacked by the "Old Firm' fans mentality on here!!!

I couldn't agree more - some of the "Get Rid" tosh I've read on here in the last wee while is bordering on boring now. The only saving grace is it looks to be coming from (mainly) the same people over and over again, and not, as it might at first appear, the majority.

J-C
02-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Well we have been for some years now. And according to this well known Hibs.net poster (not yet rumoured to be of Yammish persuasion)...

... transition appears to be our eternal destiny. :greengrin There's a sobering thought when the club is about to put season tickets on sale. Cheers, Speedway!

That has to get top marks for exaggeration. :greengrin When have Hibs been instant at anything?

For Hibs supporters who have endured year upon year of form collapse in February / March this has turned out to be yet another season of the same. Hibs supporters are resigned to it. But after having their expectations raised even a little towrads the end of last year they are more than entitled to get angry / frustrated at history repeating itself yet again.

Instant success?? Do me a favour.

You obviously didn't get the sarcasm in my post, we have a % of fans who, if we don't achieve the greatness of the 50'and 70's immediately, they start calling for the head of the manager on a plate because we're not challenging for the league or winning the cup. Well it's time they should all wake up and reaalise thatit's been decades since we done this and even the Famous Five coouldn't bring the cup to ER and they probably had the best team to do it.

We need stability and a manager who is willing to stay here and see it through and not jump ship as soon as an other team comes calling for him. Success cannot be instant, look at Man City, so far spent millions and are still only 5th, teams need to be gelled and unfortunately with our small buying power, players of extremely good quality are not going to appear overnight. Certain players are not good enough and will have to be moved on, this as we've seen before isn't always easy, hence we have to look at the bigger picture and give Yogi his 3 yrs to make Hibs force again.

Yes we had a good first half but due the fact that we don't have enough quality players the form slumped, Wotherspoon looks burnt out, Zouma constantly injured, too many others out bevvying too often and others who although they try hard, haven't got that quality we need.

As I said, if some folk can't be arsed waiting a couple of seasons, then sod off and support a team which will give them that instant success they so desire.

tamig
02-04-2010, 09:43 AM
I was actually in raised spirits for this season under Mixu as it simply couldn't get worse and we made a good showing of ourselves after the split in the 3 big matches.

No. We did not bad at Tynecastle with a patchwork team but we were hammered at home by both the hun and Cellic. We were very lucky to get anything from those two games. It was hard to watch - 90 mins stuck on our 18 yard line repelling wave after wave of Rantic attacks. I was glad to see the back of last season tbh.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2010, 09:49 AM
:faf::faf::faf: What club does not have issues
my arse

Aye right.
good
Said through gritted teeth.
Glory Glory!
The reverse gear on that bike is working overtime i see.:faf::faf:

KWJ
02-04-2010, 10:45 AM
No. We did not bad at Tynecastle with a patchwork team but we were hammered at home by both the hun and Cellic. We were very lucky to get anything from those two games. It was hard to watch - 90 mins stuck on our 18 yard line repelling wave after wave of Rantic attacks. I was glad to see the back of last season tbh.

They played for each other and showed spirit. The sort of spirit that might have seen us grab a few more points these last 2 months.

It was a marked improvement on what had gone before anyway.

tamig
02-04-2010, 10:58 AM
It was a marked improvement on what had gone before anyway.

Maybes aye. It was dire stuff though.

Steve-O
02-04-2010, 10:59 AM

Glory Glory!

And the point is, if you're not going to actually say whatever it is, just say nothing at all!

hibsbollah
02-04-2010, 11:05 AM
And the point is, if you're not going to actually say whatever it is, just say nothing at all!

You'll notice he didnt comment on the Thicot hair-product rumour though. I think we've stumbled onto something here:hmmm:

Westie1875
02-04-2010, 11:13 AM

And this is why people see it as being smug, if he wasn't trying to be smug and stir it then he would have left that line out of the OP.

Bob Box Fish
02-04-2010, 11:17 AM
This thread should be binned, either state what you know or what's the point of posting I know something but not going to post it- just keep it to yourself other than attention seek and waste peoples time.

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 11:35 AM
This thread should be binned, either state what you know or what's the point of posting I know something but not going to post it- just keep it to yourself other than attention seek and waste peoples time.

Sorry, but I disagree - it is compulsive reading - hope it becomes the new "Blame Rod Petrie" or Calendar Signing" thread ! :wink: :greengrin

TQM should just post what he knows, then we will see if it comes true or not. Lets face it, he either :-

1. Does know some genuine inside info

or

2. Knows as much us the most of us and was basing his original post on rumour and has glorified it by claiming some "special" inside info.

Only TQM can provide the answers on this. I await his next post with anticipation......not holding my breath though!

MrSmith
02-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Whatever TQM knows, does it really matter?

Since when has unrest and dressing room problems been new at Hibs?

Again this is only a debate of which forums are designed to flourish with/by etc.

The whole point of this for me is that it would appear a fair few of our 'fans' have become so fickle and don't appreciate all we have and have developed into in the last 20 years.

I am absolutely certain that glory is just round the corner for us, sometimes seemingly untouchable, however, I've suffered like many others through worse times than this and me...I'm not looking backward only forward because everything is on the right track and moving forward at 'step by step' basis and we have nearly completed the long walk, so, let's not falter now and get rid of another manager who is one of us and will take us further than most!

In Yogi I trust!!

judas
02-04-2010, 12:08 PM

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

The football is rank.

I share your misgivings, but I think it would be wrong to send Yogi away at this stage.

Lets see how the first 10 games of next season go.

kev1875
02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm not posting.

Good

Stevie Reid
02-04-2010, 12:37 PM
I share your misgivings, but I think it would be wrong to send Yogi away at this stage.

Lets see how the first 10 games of next season go.

And if we're fourth after 10 games would you want him sacked?

BEEJ
02-04-2010, 01:10 PM
I am absolutely certain that glory is just round the corner for us, sometimes seemingly untouchable, however, I've suffered like many others through worse times than this and me...I'm not looking backward only forward because everything is on the right track and moving forward at 'step by step' basis and we have nearly completed the long walk, so, let's not falter now and get rid of another manager who is one of us and will take us further than most!
That's great!! It really is. But for those of us with recurring doubts, just what do you pin this certainty on? And what timescale is inferred by "just around the corner" anyway?

We need stability and a manager who is willing to stay here and see it through and not jump ship as soon as an other team comes calling for him.

As I said, if some folk can't be arsed waiting a couple of seasons, then sod off and support a team which will give them that instant success they so desire.
Supporters have been waiting for decades for the realisation of the great vision, not just 'a couple of seasons'. We have had threads on this topic annually since a Hibs internet forum was first conceived. Undoubtedly similar pub conversations would have preceded them.

The players may be different, the manager may change from time to time, the circumstances inevitably shift from year to year but the feint promise of jam tomorrow lives on to eternity.

Most supporters are not expecting the Cup win or to split the OF; deep down we know that will probably never happen.

They are enhtitled, however, to expect that a Hibs side will go to the ground of our nearest rivals and ALWAYS give a good account of themselves whether they win, lose or draw. They are entitled to expect that their Hibs side will contest cup matches against First Division opposition and look like they are the SPL team by the way they dominate the match.

When neither of the above happens within a short space of time then many will rightly believe that the wheels have come off, express anger and seek to find answers to the complete mystery that is the annual Hibs FC form slump.

The irony in all of this is that those pleading endlessly for patience criticise the rest for having short memories about the better times at the beginning of the season. Yet they themselves seem already to have forgotten the calamities of Perth, Tynecastle and Dingwall.

So DO NOT tell me to go off and support another team!

down the slope
02-04-2010, 01:24 PM
That's great!! It really is. But for those of us with recurring doubts, just what do you pin this certainty on? And what timescale is inferred by "just around the corner" anyway?

Supporters have been waiting for decades for the realisation of the great vision, not just 'a couple of seasons'. We have had threads on this topic annually since a Hibs internet forum was first conceived. Undoubtedly similar pub conversations would have preceded them.

The players may be different, the manager may change from time to time, the circumstances inevitably shift from year to year but the feint promise of jam tomorrow lives on to eternity.

Most supporters are not expecting the Cup win or to split the OF; deep down we know that will probably never happen.

They are enhtitled, however, to expect that a Hibs side will go to the ground of our nearest rivals and ALWAYS give a good account of themselves whether they win, lose or draw. They are entitled to expect that their Hibs side will contest cup matches against First Division opposition and look like they are the SPL team by the way they dominate the match.

When neither of the above happens within a short space of time then many will rightly believe that the wheels have come off, express anger and seek to find answers to the complete mystery that is the annual Hibs FC form slump.

The irony in all of this is that those pleading endlessly for patience criticise the rest for having short memories about the better times at the beginning of the season. Yet they themselves seem already to have forgotten the calamities of Perth, Tynecastle and Dingwall.

So DO NOT tell me to go off and support another team!

Superb, some people seem happy to take second best, also some people do not realise that we may want to stay away as watching the Hibs being beaten is like watching one of your family taking a hammering, i suppose it all depends on how much you love the team.

marinello59
02-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Superb, some people seem happy to take second best, also some people do not realise that we may want to stay away as watching the Hibs being beaten is like watching one of your family taking a hammering, i suppose it all depends on how much you love the team.

So the more you love the team the easier it is to stay away or have I misread you?

J-C
02-04-2010, 01:44 PM
So the more you love the team the easier it is to stay away or have I misread you?

Nah! more like we love our team but vying for 3rd/4th isn't enough, we've played pish recently, so lets just sack Yogi and take another chance on someone else coming in and maybe, just maybe this time he'll bring that instant success we all so crave.
Until that happens, I 'm staying away.:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
02-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Nah! more like we love our team but vying for 3rd/4th isn't enough, we've played pish recently, so lets just sack Yogi and take another chance on someone else coming in and maybe, just maybe this time he'll bring that instant success we all so crave.

no I think what he is saying is that just because you don't want to see your team take a hammering doesn't make you less of a fan.

J-C
02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
no I think what he is saying is that just because you don't want to see your team take a hammering doesn't make you less of a fan.

I was being sarcastic, I knew what he meant, just having a wee dig at that and aslo what some others have been spouting on about, the thread is annoying and starting to nip my head. :greengrin

Hibby D
02-04-2010, 02:50 PM

A wee bit of an exaggeration and a sweeping generalisation in there Beej.

I'm one of those asking for patience, although not endlessy, and I've certainly not forgotten the calamities (nor indeed the pain :boo hoo:) of Perth, Tynecastle and Dingwall.

As for the better times at the beginning of the season - if we were able to watch those games again, we'd clearly see that only a few were actually well played and worthy of the points.

A lot of people have lost perspective of what Hibs are and always have been and those who haven't are too often criticised as "settling for mediocrity".

I sometimes wonder if messageboards are a contributing factor in raising many fans' expectations and therefore also the cause of the subsequent and frequent disappointments that follow.

In Yogi (and Rod) we trust

Right I'm off to endlessy plead on another thread :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
02-04-2010, 03:25 PM
A wee bit of an exaggeration and a sweeping generalisation in there Beej.

I'm one of those asking for patience, although not endlessy, and I've certainly not forgotten the calamities (nor indeed the pain :boo hoo:) of Perth, Tynecastle and Dingwall.

As for the better times at the beginning of the season - if we were able to watch those games again, we'd clearly see that only a few were actually well played and worthy of the points.

A lot of people have lost perspective of what Hibs are and always have been and those who haven't are too often criticised as "settling for mediocrity".

I sometimes wonder if messageboards are a contributing factor in raising many fans' expectations and therefore also the cause of the subsequent and frequent disappointments that follow.

In Yogi (and Rod) we trust

Right I'm off to endlessy plead on another thread :greengrin

So this is as good as it gets?
If looking for our club to compete at home against Dundee Unt and Ross County is expecting too much then maybe you have hit the nail on the head.
This mediocrity that so many settle for has been around for over 30 years now. Even the winning of the CIS Cup in 2007 was followed by a dramatic collapse with a humiliating home defeat by Hearts and a Scottish Cup exit to Dunfermline.
We have been promised so much time and time again and more often than not it ends in disappointment. When we do unearth a quality player he is sold. When a crunch game comes along we lose.
Our European record over the past 30 years has been shocking to say the least. When you concider that Raith, Gretna, QoS & Motherwell have all qualified since we last did it is no surprise the supporters are losing patience., There is only so many times that you can knock someone down before he can`t get up again.
This is now showing itself in the apathy that is starting to appear among the supporters.
In the short term I hope we do qualify for Europe this season but in the long term it will take a better manager than Yogi to end this suffering.

killie-hibby
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM

In my 56 years supporting hibernian, vying for 3rd/4th is well above the average. Statistically within the same period it takes us 18yrs and 8 mths to win a trophy. Based on same statistics our next trophy should be picked up around season 2025. More than likely I will be dead by then, never the less I will continue to make the 128 mile round trip to most home games no matter who is in charge, or how bad/good the team is performing. Hibernian is my drug, I cant stay away. Always in hope rather than expectation.

MrSmith
02-04-2010, 03:55 PM
If looking for our club to compete at home against Dundee Unt and Ross County is expecting too much then maybe you have hit the nail on the head.
This mediocrity that so many settle for has been around for over 30 years now. Even the winning of the CIS Cup in 2007 was followed by a dramatic collapse with a humiliating home defeat by Hearts and a Scottish Cup exit to Dunfermline.
We have been promised so much time and time again and more often than not it ends in disappointment. When we do unearth a quality player he is sold. When a crunch game comes along we lose.
Our European record over the past 30 years has been shocking to say the least. When you concider that Raith, Gretna, QoS & Motherwell have all qualified since we last did it is no surprise the supporters are losing patience., There is only so many times that you can knock someone down before he can`t get up again.
This is now showing itself in the apathy that is starting to appear among the supporters.
In the short term I hope we do qualify for Europe this season but in the long term it will take a better manager than Yogi to end this suffering.

Who? Another pond stone jumper perhaps??

I'm sorry but I haven't settled for mediocrity at all and never will! However, I don't expect nor think we deserve instant success either and for me this is the crux of the problem: Manager comes, limited success plays flowing football becomes Sir Tony of Mowbray and we forget all of the crap stuff in between, JC comes and goes - unfortunately! - mixu comes in and goes, Yogi take's over at the helm has a very successful but limited spell and the instance it goes a bit pear some fans want rid and more ridiculously because Sir Tony is available to bring back limited success but flair football!?

For starts, back to your post, do we deserve to beat a very good Dundee United side? I think not! Secondly Dingwall - we are not the first to be scalped in the Highlands - Celtic v ICT anyone??

My expectations is for Hibs to go out and compete but again we derserve to beat no-one, we must compete to win. We haven't of late however, come the summer I'm sure there will be a clearout and some more tub thumpers brought in.

greenlex
02-04-2010, 04:00 PM

I'm sorry but I haven't settled for mediocrity at all and never will! However, I don't expect nor think we deserve instant success either and for me this is the crux of the problem: Manager comes, limited success plays flowing football becomes Sir Tony of Mowbray and we forget all of the crap stuff in between, JC comes and goes - unfortunately! - mixu comes in and goes, Yogi take's over at the helm has a very successful but limited spell and the instance it goes a bit pear some fans want rid and more ridiculously because Sir Tony is available to bring back limited success but flair football!?

For starts, back to your post, do we deserve to beat a very good Dundee United side? I think not! Secondly Dingwall - we are not the first to be scalped in the Highlands - Celtic v ICT anyone??

My expectations is for Hibs to go out and compete but again we derserve to beat no-one, we must compete to win. We haven't of late however, come the summer I'm sure there will be a clearout and some more tub thumpers brought in.
I am with you Mr Smith. IIRC though I am sure Caley did the lesser greens on their own patch and again IIRC that was the end of the lesser greens manager. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2010, 04:03 PM

Spot on, instant success was never going to happen, we dont have that many good players, certainly not the best squad outside the old firm. :faf:
We can put that one to bed now. Yogi has brought in a very good calibre of player, although that was offset by losing his captain and a £3m fletcher. More of the same in the summer will help us kick on again next season, its not rocket science.

Hibby D
02-04-2010, 04:18 PM

Mostly - yes. I don't know what other answer there is :dunno:

There has always be apathy amongst the support; it isn't a new thing! :confused: Many factors affect how often or infrequently individual fans go to games e.g. how good or bad our latest run of results have been, even the cost of watching the bloody game, or, as suggested in this thread, who the manager is. I stopped going during the casual era because it shamed me to see my team's name dragged through the gutter!

Who then? Give me one name in the current game who we could afford and who has the skills and connections to achieve your interpretation of success? How many managers do we need to go through before we find "the one"?

I'm not suffering :no way: This is a club in the process of rebuilding its foundations. As someone posted on another thread, a club that most fans outwith the OF, can only envy in terms of finances, stadium and fan base. I'm loving the transition.

Sorry I'm not having a go at you personally - but I am frustrated and confused at not really being able to grasp why, given time, Yogi can't be "the one"?

MrSmith
02-04-2010, 04:21 PM

There has always be apathy amongst the support; it isn't a new thing! :confused: Many factors affect how often or infrequently individual fans go to games e.g. how good or bad our latest run of results have been, even the cost of watching the bloody game, or, as suggested in this thread, who the manager is. I stopped going during the casual era because it shamed me to see my team's name dragged through the gutter!

Who then? Give me one name in the current game who we could afford and who has the skills and connections to achieve your interpretation of success? How many managers do we need to go through before we find "the one"?

I'm not suffering :no way: This is a club in the process of rebuilding its foundations. As someone posted on another thread, a club that most fans outwith the OF, can only envy in terms of finances, stadium and fan base. I'm loving the transition.

Sorry I'm not having a go at you personally - but I am frustrated and confused at not really being able to grasp why, given time, Yogi can't be "the one"?

Exactly how I feel! :thumbsup:

--------
02-04-2010, 04:38 PM

You have the heart of a genuine Hibbie, young man.

This is a fine example of the spirit that got where we are today.... :devil:

Cabbage1875
02-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Well I have to say I think TQM is correct regarding Yogi long term, I dont think he is the man.

It's all well and good saying that we 'dont have the quality yet' etc, but the players we do have can be deployed better.

The tactics are dreadful week on week and are exactly the same.

Subs are either too late or wrong in my opinion. Galbraith is the only pace we have in a squad that is crying out for it. He doesnt get a sniff.

The goalkeeper situation worries me, I dont think Yogi knows what to do about it either.

The way in which Easter Road emptied the other night is also extremely worrying for me, the majority of fans were willing to throw the towel in so early.

Liam Miller's form also worries me massively. He's turned from a cultured and excellent performer to a shirker and I can't fathom why.

It is blatant that Chris Hogg is completely bereft of confidence, and after seeing Yogi's public dressing down of him at a game at Easter Road I can see why. In fact this would apply to a massive amount of the team in the last 3-4 months. We look shot shy and lacking in confidence.

Despite agreeing with TQM, I think the whole 'I know something but I'm not going to tell you' routine is pathetic.

Alfred E Newman
02-04-2010, 05:33 PM

I don`t think Dundee Unt`s fans could give a toss about our finances or fan base. They are heading for 3rd spot and the Cup final.
Yes it is great that the Club is on a secure footing and I back Petrie 100%, but given the backing shown to both Hughes and Mixu we should be seeing some progress and not talking about clear outs and this never ending "trasitional" period.
Personally I think we have no option but to give Yogi at least the summer to have another go at improving the squad but if he fails,as I fear he will, then he will be out by Christmas.

seanshow
02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Yogi/Rodders should cut the squad by as many players it takes to release funds and buy the necessary equipment to keep the Pitch Perfect all year round......
a couple of hundred thou I believe it takes.
This is the number one priority imo, not sacking the manager. :wink:

Allant1981
02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I don`t think Dundee Unt`s fans could give a toss about our finances or fan base. They are heading for 3rd spot and the Cup final.
Yes it is great that the Club is on a secure footing and I back Petrie 100%, but given the backing shown to both Hughes and Mixu we should be seeing some progress and not talking about clear outs and this never ending "trasitional" period.
Personally I think we have no option but to give Yogi at least the summer to have another go at improving the squad but if he fails,as I fear he will, then he will be out by Christmas.

The squad has improved greatly compared to last year, granted in the last couple of months the form hasnt been great but if you seriously think that its not any better than last year then you must be blind

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Sorry bud but you won't be surprised to know I disagree :wink:

Putting the pitch thing aside as I was only backing up another posters comments there.

I agree we needed to bring in a RB, Yogi tried too and we were linked with that boy from down south, ex don? It didn't happen. He could have kept Van Zanten on, that might have helped us out but I think he was expecting McCann to come back from injury which has unfortunately not happened. But there is no point letting DVZ go and bringing in another player of similar ilk. If he had kept DVZ on he'd be getting stick week in week out as before despite being an average player.

An average player like say Martin Canning who you are suggesting we should have brought in as a centre back, why? I'd rather have Hogg/Bamba/Murray + youngsters as possible centre back pairings tbh.

The physical presence thing in midfield is an interesting one that's been debated many a time. I don't personally see the need for another Rocastle or whatever when we already have McBride & Cregg who are meant to have the steel. Stevenson can also put it about when required. Admittedly these guys aren't exactly hulks though so I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Bamba in there now and again as Mixu enjoyed. I've been surprised Yogi has never tried it.

Anyway adding another central midfielder isn't required I don't think when we already have so many and that's after letting Chisholm leave.

We've certainly had far worse January's that have seen us lose many key players.

It's not worked for 2 months, and perhaps if we had a brute in there we may have picked up some more points but we did fine prior to that and had plenty of steal to grind out results on a few occasions.

Heads went down at Ibrox and we've really struggled to pick them back. It's no crisis however.

Who said Martin Canning is an average player? He is mince! As for the highlighted part, come on! Anyone can see we are too lightweight in midfield, yes we done OK at the start but this is the other problem with Yogi. We have been found out since the start of the season, and now teams know to play more in midfield and play a bit more physical and Yogi is at a loss, no clue on how to combat it. People said when we were playing well that we were going to struggle.

If you dont think things are wrong at ER then you have your head in the sand. fair enough if we had a bad team that werent capable of winning but we have a decent enough team to be at least competing! These things all point to Yogi, you may know Yogi or you make like him more because he is a die hard hibby, however, if you put that aside you will see that he has been found out with his tactics and he is unable to come up with anything else. Getting beat when the team is trying 100% is bad enough, but at least you can see the manager is doing his job in trying to get the best out the players, but getting beat when the players clearly arent giving it their all, then that points to something seriously wrong!

Yogi has been found out, he has no answers! usually when a team has a bad patch like this the manager will try to make his team solid and bard to beat, instead Yogi has basically stuck with what he has done all season and teams will now look forward to playing hibs.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm a 100% behind Yogi!

Its not the lack of instant success people are moaning about here. Its the fact the team has crumbled, not one or two players, but the whole team. We have gone from a team who scored a lot of goals and conceeded very little to the complete opposite. Its not a case of people wanting cup wins etc, its a case of a manager being found out. Yogi's tactics have been shocking, he has refused to change his formations, the team look at odds, we cant pass, we cant shoot, we cant defend. these are all basics of a football team. We arent just getting beat just now we are getting well beat!

For the first time in a long time, the purse strings are being loosened, we need a manager in their that can attract players (I think Yogi has this in his locker), but most of all we need a manager that can get the best out of them and maintain that. My worry is that yogi is not the right man, and giving him too long will waste the money, the good players will move on and the purse strings wont be loosened again for some time!

The fact we done well at the start of the season shows that we have a few good players and what they and the team are capable of, and its the managers job to keep this going or close to it. We have gone completely the opposite way.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Whatever TQM knows, does it really matter?

Since when has unrest and dressing room problems been new at Hibs?

Again this is only a debate of which forums are designed to flourish with/by etc.

The whole point of this for me is that it would appear a fair few of our 'fans' have become so fickle and don't appreciate all we have and have developed into in the last 20 years.

In Yogi I trust!!

True, but it all ends up with the same thing, the team playing badly and the manager eventually going.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Its not the lack of instant success people are moaning about here. Its the fact the team has crumbled, not one or two players, but the whole team. We have gone from a team who scored a lot of goals and conceeded very little to the complete opposite. Its not a case of people wanting cup wins etc, its a case of a manager being found out. Yogi's tactics have been shocking, he has refused to change his formations, the team look at odds, we cant pass, we cant shoot, we cant defend. these are all basics of a football team. We arent just getting beat just now we are getting well beat!

For the first time in a long time, the purse strings are being loosened, we need a manager in their that can attract players (I think Yogi has this in his locker), but most of all we need a manager that can get the best out of them and maintain that. My worry is that yogi is not the right man, and giving him too long will waste the money, the good players will move on and the purse strings wont be loosened again for some time!

The fact we done well at the start of the season shows that we have a few good players and what they and the team are capable of, and its the managers job to keep this going or close to it. We have gone completely the opposite way.

Am i right in thinking the manager should be judged on what happens over the full season, or shall we just judge him over the last 6 weeks?

Pedantic_Hibee
02-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Am i right in thinking the manager should be judged on what happens over the full season, or shall we just judge him over the last 6 weeks?

You're only as good as your last game. I think we should sack him using that mantra. Unless, we go out and win against Celtic in which case he'll be the best manager in the whole wide world. Or would that just be luck?

I don't know anymore, the world's going mad.

The only thing I am certain of is that Yogi's the man for the job and the team we see lining up at the start of the 2010/11 season will be vastly different to the one we're seeing now.

If anyone thinks Yogi is oblivious to the problems we have then they are a fool. He is more than aware of what's wrong and what needs done, it would be folly to think otherwise.

MrSmith
02-04-2010, 06:03 PM

It's not just the team is it, judging by the many sack yogi threads and all!?

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 06:05 PM
It's not just the team is it, judging by the many sack yogi threads and all!?

Nice to see out of all my post you picked this bit, yes the fans are crumbling, but even if we were singing for 90 mins to get behind the team, we would still be playing 3 in midfield which opposition would be lapping up, our players getting frustrated because they cant get near the ball because they are completely over run!

Alfred E Newman
02-04-2010, 06:13 PM
The squad has improved greatly compared to last year, granted in the last couple of months the form hasnt been great but if you seriously think that its not any better than last year then you must be blind

Some individuals brought in like Stokes and Miller were an improvement but as a squad it is no better. Our defence is just as poor , we still don`t have a 1st choice keeper and the midfield is a shambles.

MrSmith
02-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Nice to see out of all my post you picked this bit, yes the fans are crumbling, but even if we were singing for 90 mins to get behind the team, we would still be playing 3 in midfield which opposition would be lapping up, our players getting frustrated because they cant get near the ball because they are completely over run!

For me that wee bit kinda summarizes most of it and others. You are correct in some of what you are saying but again, there's nothing new to teams sussing us out! McLeish, Suazee, Blobby, Mowbray, Collins and Mixu. With the exception of McLeish, who cold change a formation to win games, the rest were one trick ponies and easily sussed. Unfortunately Collins left to early to give it a real shot but he was sussed as quickly.

Albanian Hibs
02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
You're only as good as your last game. I think we should sack him using that mantra. Unless, we go out and win against Celtic in which case he'll be the best manager in the whole wide world. Or would that just be luck?

I don't know anymore, the world's going mad.

The only thing I am certain of is that Yogi's the man for the job and the team we see lining up at the start of the 2010/11 season will be vastly different to the one we're seeing now.

If anyone thinks Yogi is oblivious to the problems we have then they are a fool. He is more than aware of what's wrong and what needs done, it would be folly to think otherwise.

:agree::agree::agree::agree: