PDA

View Full Version : This cannot go on ..

Pages : 1 [2] 3

degenerated
02-04-2010, 07:02 PM
I share your misgivings, but I think it would be wrong to send Yogi away at this stage.

Lets see how the first 10 games of next season go.

and the first 38 of next season too. we can't change managers every time we lose a few games :agree:

every other club allows their managers time to build a team, what's so different with us?

MrSmith
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
and the first 38 of next season too. we can't change managers every time we lose a few games :agree:

every other club allows their managers time to build a team, what's so different with us?

Instant success expectations!

ScottB
02-04-2010, 07:38 PM

But that assumes it's all down to the players though doesn't it.

Are we ready to assume that with some new additions all the tactical problems will suddenly disappear?

Sure our squad needs some work, but with those we have we shouldn't be turning in continued runs of poor form. The primary issue since the New Year has been that the other teams have figured out how to rip Yogi's system apart. Thus far Yogi has had zero response to this and until he does I don't think we can seriously consider keeping him in the job. If he won't change his tactics, changing players is an irrelevance.

I'd give him till the end of the season, on current form we'll be lucky to pick up another 2 wins. But for me it's not about results, if Yogi at least shows that he is trying new tactics, that he can change them mid game and make the odd important substitute it will at least be something to build on.

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
For me that wee bit kinda summarizes most of it and others. You are correct in some of what you are saying but again, there's nothing new to teams sussing us out! McLeish, Suazee, Blobby, Mowbray, Collins and Mixu. With the exception of McLeish, who cold change a formation to win games, the rest were one trick ponies and easily sussed. Unfortunately Collins left to early to give it a real shot but he was sussed as quickly.

Exactly, we have been sussed! These other managers that you talk about at least tried to change and they ended up with not as bad performances and results as Yogi. Yogi doesnt even seem to be looking to change the shape or balance of the team, he is hard headed in that he wont shy away from this 4-3-3 set up. Thats why this cant go on. He is basically sending the same team out week in week out with the same formation in the hope that something happens.

carnoustiehibee
02-04-2010, 08:04 PM
For me that wee bit kinda summarizes most of it and others. You are correct in some of what you are saying but again, there's nothing new to teams sussing us out! McLeish, Suazee, Blobby, Mowbray, Collins and Mixu. With the exception of McLeish, who cold change a formation to win games, the rest were one trick ponies and easily sussed. Unfortunately Collins left to early to give it a real shot but he was sussed as quickly.

dinny think so pal, he hardly got a chance.

Sergy Pie
02-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Well I have to say I think TQM is correct regarding Yogi long term, I dont think he is the man.

It's all well and good saying that we 'dont have the quality yet' etc, but the players we do have can be deployed better.

The tactics are dreadful week on week and are exactly the same.

Subs are either too late or wrong in my opinion. Galbraith is the only pace we have in a squad that is crying out for it. He doesnt get a sniff.

The goalkeeper situation worries me, I dont think Yogi knows what to do about it either.

The way in which Easter Road emptied the other night is also extremely worrying for me, the majority of fans were willing to throw the towel in so early.

Liam Miller's form also worries me massively. He's turned from a cultured and excellent performer to a shirker and I can't fathom why.

It is blatant that Chris Hogg is completely bereft of confidence, and after seeing Yogi's public dressing down of him at a game at Easter Road I can see why. In fact this would apply to a massive amount of the team in the last 3-4 months. We look shot shy and lacking in confidence.

Despite agreeing with TQM, I think the whole 'I know something but I'm not going to tell you' routine is pathetic.

I pointed out the FF to my mate right at the end and he said he'd never seen ER like that before. I've never seen it like that either.

I watched the Man U game the night before and was amazed at how vocal the Bayern support was. I reckon they snatched the win on the back of the noise their fans generated. Not a team I really admire but I was taken back at how noisy their fans were. I forgot how positive a good crowd can have on a side.

I didn't hear much support for the side before the mass exodus on Tuesday. All i heard was a lot of criticism. It's probably the same at many other clubs but I think our support is crap at home. There's not much atmosphere outwith the big home games and I find out fans quite fickle, myself included.

I got pulled into the negative chants and gave some verbal myself that wasn't going to help matters. Not usually like that but I wasn't a great fan on Tuesday tbh. I even found myself turning up to games prior to our collapse and expecting to win. Got kind of used to winning and found myself getting restless if we didn't tuck teams away quickly. I've followed Hibs for years and never really thought like that, i've always been realistic even when we went on good runs. Why am I like that now?

For me, something has changed to our fans or maybe it's football fans in general in the last few years. Why do we expect so much so soon? Is it because we are so close to becoming successful and we're impatient? Is Mowbray's success and good feel factor the cause of the fans irritation and craving for the same. Something is different for me and it's not healthy.

At a time when we should be backing the side and roaring them on, we snipe and moan on message boards and give the team pelters when they need our backing.

I don't agree with a few things that Yogi is doing just now but going to games and shouting sh*te is not going to help things. Even if i want him gone, I'm going to have ***** all say in whether he stays or goes so I may as well be positive as long as I attend matches, and I am still going to go. I hope others will do the same.

It's never going to happen but it would be great if the players were met with a wall of sound for the best part of the game. i wonder what effect that would have on the team?

There's always talk of inside problems and unrest, various attempts at analysis of whats gone wrong from many who dont really have concrete news. We're meant to be the support but I increasingly think that maybe we're the main problem at the club.

Allant1981
02-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Some individuals brought in like Stokes and Miller were an improvement but as a squad it is no better. Our defence is just as poor , we still don`t have a 1st choice keeper and the midfield is a shambles.

the defence has been poor in the last few months but overall they are playing better than last year, midfield is better than last year by a mile and our strikers are better than last year so i dont understand why you think it hasnt been an improvement. Oh aye and we are higher in the league than last year

The Voice Of Reason
02-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I am certainly not going to have a go at fans who vent their frustrations at games.....have done it myself many times.

I am not a "head in the sand type of guy" and recent performances/results have been disappointing........however the "Hughes Must Go" Brigade are clowns of the highest order IMHO, way out of line. :confused:

In Yogi I trust (and I am not ashamed to say it). Lets give him a chance to have a clear out at the end of the season. Confident that next season we will be even better (reminder we are 4th in the league at present).

As I say, not saying the last month or so has been enjoyable.....but it was pretty enjoyable before then ! ! ! Who can forget the game at Parkhead -one of my favourite football games ever ! :thumbsup:

Thankfully Rodders has sense and still trusts Yogi. :agree:

GGTTH.

Part/Time Supporter
02-04-2010, 08:33 PM
OPitches causing us bother? Rubbish, its not the pitches fault that we cant pass a ball 5 yards when all the other teams can, the pitches dont cause the team to play with very little fight. Anyone that has even the smallest footballing brain could have seen that the gow signing and the brown signing were not really needed, what we did need was a defender, even if it was just an average one for cover on a short term deal. Also, I think even when we were winning we could still see that a midfielder with a bit of presence and a good physical side was required. These things that Yogi FAILED to deal with are now coming back to haunt him. Its not just january either, he should have spotted the problems with the defence when he was bringing in players at the start of the season. Not bringing in a right back and sticking with playing Wotherspoon at RB who is a midfielder was always going to cause problems. Not just because he is playing out of position, but to rely so much on someone that has just come through from the U19's could have an adverse effect on the player.

Again, when any manager gets the bullet its when the team he manages underperforms on a regular basis and in general the teams performances are going in a downward trend. Managers that start off badly that improve as it goes on show improvement, Yogi is showing the opposite. Also, fergie went to Man U with some credentials, Yogi IMO, if he wasnt a hibby wouldnt have got a sniff at the hibs job, as he never really done much with Falkirk. in fact he made them from a solid average team, to a team fighting relegation. Yogi is seriously lacking in most departments, Tactics, making signings for the most important places, managing (He is far too friendly with the players, this is resulted in what looks like a lack of respect, judging by the amount of back chat he gets from the players).

Which division were they in when he became their manager again?

Get your basic facts right before posting utter pish like that.

Iggy Pope
02-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Of course it COULD have got worse, like I have said in my last post we could have ended up in the bottom six. But again, as I also said in my previous post, after signing players like Stokes and Miller, if we had ended up in the bottom six this season then Hughes would be looking for a new job by now.

I don't think that a slight improvement on last season's shambles is anything to get too excited about.

First point you make, I don't think Hughes should be compared to anybody, he should be taken on his own merit. Last season under Paatelainen was torture and this season under Hughes has been better but has still been very poor, particularly in the past three months or so. It has still been nowhere near good enough for Hibs.

However, I have seen enough from Hughes so far that makes me believe that he can and will make a good Hibs manager, he still needs time to rebuild the side and bring in the kind of players who will fulfill his vision that he keeps talking about in interviews.

I give Hughes credit for getting us into a position where we are a bit more competitive this year in the fight for a European place (which I believe is where Hibs should be every year) but there is still a very long way to go before I will be anywhere near satisfied with how things are going on the pitch.

I'm not sure what your point is here to be honest.

The point is that things could be a lot worse. To be honest I can't see why you can't see that.

To be honest.

Iggy Pope
02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
i did say there was 1 or 2 at home that i couldnt remember.
aberdeen and celtic aint exactly setting the heather on fire tho eh!
lucky pen at the end to draw with aberdeen.
draw against utd at home,ya dancer!

but your last comment doesnt surprise me tho. your probably a coach at er

Explain it to me then, the 3rd man running thing and also maybe let me know how you never got your 'moneys worth' at these games.

I'm intrigued I really am.

And how many times exactly have you seen Hibs win against Aberdeen at Pittodrie and Celtic at Parkhead?

Iggy Pope
02-04-2010, 09:12 PM
In my 56 years supporting hibernian, vying for 3rd/4th is well above the average. Statistically within the same period it takes us 18yrs and 8 mths to win a trophy. Based on same statistics our next trophy should be picked up around season 2025. More than likely I will be dead by then, never the less I will continue to make the 128 mile round trip to most home games no matter who is in charge, or how bad/good the team is performing. Hibernian is my drug, I cant stay away. Always in hope rather than expectation.

Well said that man.
You would not happen to be a well-respected former facilities man at a certain well-known Ayr hotel would you?
:notworthy:

HFC 0-7
02-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Which division were they in when he became their manager again?

Get your basic facts right before posting utter pish like that.

So what if he got Falkirk out of the 1st division. Different ball game in the SPL! My point is that he went backwards with Falkirk, hibs should be aiming to sign managers that are taking clubs places not stagnating. Need I say that Yogis last season with Falkirk was JUST managing to keep them up. To say that a manager is good simply because they got a team promoted is crazy!

greenlex
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
So what if he got Falkirk out of the 1st division. Different ball game in the SPL! My point is that he went backwards with Falkirk, hibs should be aiming to sign managers that are taking clubs places not stagnating. Need I say that Yogis last season with Falkirk was JUST managing to keep them up. To say that a manager is good simply because they got a team promoted is crazy!
Almost as crazy as saying he is pish when he has improved what he started with in the space of 9 months?:dunno:

Hibby D
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM

and Falkirk have simply been flying high since Yogi left :faf:

oldbutdim
02-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I pointed out the FF to my mate right at the end and he said he'd never seen ER like that before. I've never seen it like that either.

I'm in the FF Upper.

Right at the end my mate pointed out the "real fans" who'd been displaced into the South Stand. Well, he would have but they'd all left.

:faf:

I agree though - there couldn't have been that many who saw the second Hibs goal.

And that's disappointing.

On the bright side, I got down the stairs dead quick at the end of the game.
:cool2:

Toaods
02-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I agree though - there couldn't have been that many who saw the second Hibs goal.

I was in the company of two 'well kent' users from here after the game and we'd been slating everything for about an hour until I mentioned Stokes coming on and scoring just making things worse (feelings wise) after Nish's sitters......the other pair didn't even know we's scored twice...:faf:

Dirkster23
02-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Am i right in thinking the manager should be judged on what happens over the full season, or shall we just judge him over the last 6 weeks?

That what you were saying when Mixu was in charge :wink:

Tranent Hibby
02-04-2010, 10:03 PM
No sign of all the knowledge and inside info when we were flying , its easy to be critical when we are in a bad spell and much harder to criticise when we are winning. Settle down lads European qualification is our goal and we will achieve it.

There are issues behind the scenes but I'm not posting about them.

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

We'll end up 5th at best.

I don't know when the next convincing performance will be - more worryingly neither do the manager or the players.

The football is rank.

The possession stats of recent weeks tell you everything that's wrong about how we play.

I could go on re Yogi eg more resources than Mixu/the team's around us, the post match havering and pre-match slavering, the subs but what's the point and there in lies another problem for the Board - apathy. It is creeping back into the support at an alarming rate.

Some will say that we cannot sack him - but I fear crowds are and will continue to fall re the quality of the play, the results, the tactics etc and this will catch up with Yogi sooner rather than later. Especially if STs dip after investing in the East.

If I was in charge, I'd be brave and make a change now. It might be an unpopular decision but these are best made early not later.

Glory Glory to the Hibees.

Jonnyboy
02-04-2010, 10:46 PM

Hang on. By getting them promoted he moved them forwards, yes? When he left they were still in the SPL so in what way exactly did he take them backwards?

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Hang on. By getting them promoted he moved them forwards, yes? When he left they were still in the SPL so in what way exactly did he take them backwards?

In the same way he's taken us backwards to 4th.

Jonnyboy
02-04-2010, 10:53 PM

Ah ........ Gotcha now :greengrin

Hibby D
02-04-2010, 10:53 PM

Yup! Backwards is the new forwards :greengrin

J-C
03-04-2010, 12:09 AM
You have the heart of a genuine Hibbie, young man.

This is a fine example of the spirit that got where we are today.... :devil:

You do realise I was slagging off another poster, who was being a bit of a knob head. :wink:

J-C
03-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Yup! Backwards is the new forwards :greengrin

When did we sign him and where is he from, lets hope he can score a good few goals for us.

carnoustiehibee
03-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Explain it to me then, the 3rd man running thing and also maybe let me know how you never got your 'moneys worth' at these games.

I'm intrigued I really am.

And how many times exactly have you seen Hibs win against Aberdeen at Pittodrie and Celtic at Parkhead?

http://www.totalfootballschools.com/blog/archives/tag/third-man-running

these clips will probably explain it better than i could write.thing is it aint rocket science just simple football.

i never got my monies worth cause the football to watch was dire

ive seen hibs win at pittodrie a few times,its pretty mixed results up there tho. and at celtic park never,from carnoustie its abit of a trek to get treated like $h!t,been once and got beat.

anything else inspector

Diclonius
03-04-2010, 07:07 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8274089.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8319171.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8333584.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8394365.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8410901.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8473829.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8480348.stm

So I guess results like these are now null and void, guys. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 07:13 AM

These were the games we got lucky, the defeats are a true reflection of our form.

The Voice Of Reason
03-04-2010, 07:14 AM

:top marks :thumbsup:

Some people on here have very short memories it would seem ! :cool2:

Barney McGrew
03-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Are we ready to assume that with some new additions all the tactical problems will suddenly disappear?

Are we to assume with a new manager the tactical problems will disappear?

My point is that he went backwards with Falkirk, Hibs should be aiming to sign managers that are taking clubs places not stagnating. Need I say that Yogis last season with Falkirk was JUST managing to keep them up. To say that a manager is good simply because they got a team promoted is crazy!

When Yogi took over Falkirk they were struggling towards the bottom of the first division. He took them up the following year (winning the league by 15 points, and also winning the Challenge Cup too), then finished 10th, 6th, 7th and 10th. League Cup semi final and Scottish Cup final last year.

Hardly going backwards. Don't let that ruin your argument though.

Alfred E Newman
03-04-2010, 07:40 AM

We were well clear in 3rd and looking forward to a Scottish Cup semi. Now we are 4th, heading for 5th and out of the cup at the hands of Ross County. That is going backwards is it not?.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 08:00 AM
We were well clear in 3rd and looking forward to a Scottish Cup semi. Now we are 4th, heading for 5th and out of the cup at the hands of Ross County. That is going backwards is it not?.

Of course it is, if you only judge us on the last 6 weeks.

3pm
03-04-2010, 08:49 AM

It's about the whole picture and we have imploded when it has mattered most. We're no longer hard to beat and have no shape, organisation or general idea. If he gets off to a bad start next year, he'll be gone IMO. Have to say BH, you're normally quite critical when the chips are down so I am surprised you are as patient in this instance. The writing is on the wall, no doubts in my mind the Hibs / Hughes relationship will end in tears, possibly by the year is out. I hope not but the current predicament doesn't inspire me.

MrSmith
03-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Hibs always implode when it matters most! Nothing new there!

All us old dudes have seen this countless times before and are probably hardened now because of it. However, I do see potential in both Yogi and Hibs and hopefully this will be fully realised when he gets to shape his own team.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 09:14 AM
It's about the whole picture and we have imploded when it has mattered most. We're no longer hard to beat and have no shape, organisation or general idea. If he gets off to a bad start next year, he'll be gone IMO. Have to say BH, you're normally quite critical when the chips are down so I am surprised you are as patient in this instance. The writing is on the wall, no doubts in my mind the Hibs / Hughes relationship will end in tears, possibly by the year is out. I hope not but the current predicament doesn't inspire me.

Yes it is about the whole picture, and that tells me we have progressed as a whole since the manager took over. The facts tell me this. Europe is very possible, more point than last season, all this in just 8 months. And all this after losing our £3m centre forward and captain before yogi had got his feet under the table.

One step at a time, and if we are going forward as i believe we are, then that's progress. I'd like better football, that will come with better players, the manager will get some more of them in the summer, and hopefully next season will see us progress again, in points terms, and in performances. Time is what's needed, patience from the fans, 8 months is no time to judge a new manager.

ScottB
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Hibs always implode when it matters most! Nothing new there!

All us old dudes have seen this countless times before and are probably hardened now because of it. However, I do see potential in both Yogi and Hibs and hopefully this will be fully realised when he gets to shape his own team.

He's signed a fair few players already; 3 keepers, Miller, Clegg, McBride, Galbraith, Gow, Stokes... When you consider we already had Murray, Bamba, Zemmama and Riordan plus the young guys that have come through I'm not convinced the squad is a good argument, or that him buying more players in the summer will change much either. Hughes' buys plus the youngsters he's blooded are making up the majority of our starting 11.

The Voice Of Reason
03-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Yes it is about the whole picture, and that tells me we have progressed as a whole since the manager took over. The facts tell me this. Europe is very possible, more point than last season, all this in just 8 months. And all this after losing our £3m centre forward and captain before yogi had got his feet under the table.

One step at a time, and if we are going forward as i believe we are, then that's progress. I'd like better football, that will come with better players, the manager will get some more of them in the summer, and hopefully next season will see us progress again, in points terms, and in performances. Time is what's needed, patience from the fans, 8 months is no time to judge a new manager.

:top marks Could not have put it better myself.

Yes, recent results/performances have been disappointing, no-one is disputing that (Yogi included). However the bigger picture needs to be looked at.......we have improved since last season and Yogi knowws that a clearout is required. Yes, he has made mistakes, but all managers do. The "Yogi Must Go" brigade need to have a word with themselves IMHO. :agree:

degenerated
03-04-2010, 11:12 AM
He's signed a fair few players already; 3 keepers, Miller, Clegg, McBride, Galbraith, Gow, Stokes... When you consider we already had Murray, Bamba, Zemmama and Riordan plus the young guys that have come through I'm not convinced the squad is a good argument, or that him buying more players in the summer will change much either. Hughes' buys plus the youngsters he's blooded are making up the majority of our starting 11.

so which of riordan, rankin, nish, bamba, murray, thicot, stevenson and hogg did yogi buy or blood into the first team then. thats 8 of the starters from wednesday night.

Alfred E Newman
03-04-2010, 12:02 PM

Unfortunately the most important 6 weeks of the season so far.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 12:10 PM

Do the points we picked up earlier in the season not count?

Hibby D
03-04-2010, 12:32 PM

Don't be silly :grr:

Some people huh? :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
03-04-2010, 12:37 PM

No, they do not count (they were all lucky points anyway). You just don't get it....do you ?!?!? :bitchy: :wink:

Alfred E Newman
03-04-2010, 12:52 PM

Its just as well they do :agree:
If your horse is 10 lengths clear in the Grand National and falls at the second last fence, is that a success?

Mibbes Aye
03-04-2010, 12:55 PM

:agree: In any season, every team will lose form, lose games and/or slump. The difference is that the great teams minimise it. It's a bit like goalkeepers - they all make mistakes, the best ones just reduce the number to a bare minimum.

It's hard to keep a sense of perspective when we're talking about a football club that has such an important place in our hearts and in our lives. Nevertheless, in ten or twenty years time, when there is a bit of perspective, the records will simply show that we brought in some better players and we did quite a bit better than we did the seasons before. We progressed....

The aim, obviously, is to ensure that '10-11 sees us bringing in some better players again, and doing a bit better than we did this season, whether that means results, performances or preferably a combination of both. There is scope for us to progress - it's not ridiculous to target being consistent favourites for third-place given the efforts we've put in off-the-field. The path we've chosen as a football club is one of trying to achieve such things in a manner which is sustainable though. Which means it might take us a few years to consolidate that. That's fine with me, so as long as the evidence shows that we're heading in the right direction. And the tale of this season will be that we're moving in the right direction. Need to keep it up though.

Mibbes Aye
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
If your horse is 10 lengths clear in the Grand National and falls at the second last fence, is that a success?

The Grand National isn't apt. If anything is an analogy it's more a 10K or a marathon. We've improved on our timings from our last run. And we'll be looking to improve our time next season as well.

whiskyhibby
03-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Your right that this cannot go on, is this the most boring thread on the board??

:agree::agree::agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 01:00 PM

Well to use your way of thinking, it seems to me we fell, but have made it back into one of the places. An improvement on falling last season, and the season before, then being shot with a broken leg.

SloopJB
03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
I think this is a parallel universe thread.
Gone from football to donkey's to thoroughbred race horses

basehibby
03-04-2010, 01:16 PM

No doubts in my mind you'll be eating your words - possibly by the year is out. I hope so anyway. In the meantime I'll be backing the manager and the team rather than seeking to undermine them.

Iggy Pope
03-04-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.totalfootballschools.com/blog/archives/tag/third-man-running

these clips will probably explain it better than i could write.thing is it aint rocket science just simple football.

i never got my monies worth cause the football to watch was dire

ive seen hibs win at pittodrie a few times,its pretty mixed results up there tho. and at celtic park never,from carnoustie its abit of a trek to get treated like $h!t,been once and got beat.

anything else inspector

Well I've been going to Pittodrie since '76 and I reckon it must be round about a dozen times I've seen a win.
Same with Parkhead and that's half a dozen maximum.
So I would say 'setting the heather on fire' (your words) is about right, when we do them both in the space of 10 or so games. You seem to think it's pretty much to be expected. Tho.
If you never enjoyed these 6 or 7 games that I mentioned in my first response then you must have watched them blindfold.
And thanks for the soccer school. The term 3rd man running still sounds like a load of bollox to me.

Yours
'The Inspector'

Iggy Pope
03-04-2010, 01:55 PM

Maybe not null and void but certainly, it would seem, 'dire'. © Carnoustiehibee

bighairyfaeleith
03-04-2010, 01:57 PM
No doubts in my mind you'll be eating your words - possibly by the year is out. I hope so anyway. In the meantime I'll be backing the manager and the team rather than seeking to undermine them.

don't see how he is seeking to undermine the team:confused:

This theory that you can't criticise the team anymore otherwise you are a **** fan is really starting to annoy me:grr:

BEEJ
03-04-2010, 01:59 PM

No, they do not count (they were all lucky points anyway). You just don't get it....do you ?!?!? :bitchy: :wink:

It's hard to keep a sense of perspective when we're talking about a football club that has such an important place in our hearts and in our lives. Nevertheless, in ten or twenty years time, when there is a bit of perspective, the records will simply show that we brought in some better players and we did quite a bit better than we did the seasons before. We progressed....
Interesting that after the first post above with its reference to our cup exit as well as to our recent league form, none of the responses made mention of the Ross County defeat, preferring to dwell on the prospect of a better than 6th place finish this year as representing satisfactory progress.

How soon we forget.

Mibbes Aye
03-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Interesting that after the first post above with its reference to our cup exit as well as to our recent league form, none of the responses made mention of the Ross County defeat, preferring to dwell on the prospect of a better than 6th place finish this year as representing satisfactory progress.

How soon we forget.

I think it's more a case of reflecting that the league campaign sums up the state of the team a bit better.

The year we ran away with the First Division title, we had an arguably worse (although perhaps similar) Cup exit at the hands of Stirling Albion. I was at both games and they'll linger long in the memory, but they were far from indicative of how we played that season.

I suppose that in order to win a Cup, you need to be good and probably a bit lucky. To go out a Cup you only need to be unlucky. That's not to say we went out because we were unlucky - we didn't perform. But in the grand scheme of things, Cup exits tell us far less about a season than league campaigns do. And they tell us a lot less than Cup successes do as well, relatively speaking.

HFC 0-7
03-04-2010, 04:00 PM

Well he had them up the table in the SPL, not fighting relegation, then he had them fighting relegation. If you manage to finish a couple of season 7th or 8th or 9th, then the next season you are fighting relegation, that is going backwards IMO.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Well he had them up the table in the SPL, not fighting relegation, then he had them fighting relegation. If you manage to finish a couple of season 7th or 8th or 9th, then the next season you are fighting relegation, that is going backwards IMO.

Its a good job thats not happening at hibs.

The Voice Of Reason
03-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Any sign of The Quiet Man ?!?!? :devil:

Mibbes Aye
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM

:agree:

I can see the logic though. It's like, if you only considered those Hibs seasons where we got relegated, then our performances weren't very good. Sort of makes sense.

ScottB
03-04-2010, 04:54 PM
so which of riordan, rankin, nish, bamba, murray, thicot, stevenson and hogg did yogi buy or blood into the first team then. thats 8 of the starters from wednesday night.

It would seem that Hughes favoured 11 are Stack / Smith, Murray, Hogg, Bamba, Wotherspoon, Riordan, Miller, McBride, Zemmama, Nish, Stokes.

So of that 11 he has brought in 4 of them and blooded 1. Then there are the players he was never going to be able to replace realistically, Murray, Bamba and Riordan, possibly Zemmama.

To my mind there isn't many positions he could have strengthened that he didn't, that was all my point was. He could have replaced Hogg, or freed up Wotherspoon to move forward with a RB. But I don't buy this idea that it's the squads fault. When you consider we have the likes of Brown, Galbraith and Gow barely getting a sniff of a game it's not like we have some threadbare, poor squad. Those 3 alone would waltz into just about any non OF team in the division.

We need some belief and some fresh tactics, by no means should we be looking to bin half the squad.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Any sign of The Quiet Man ?!?!? :devil:

Oh he's been on, he couldn't resist another pop at the manager on another thread, after telling us he'd not be back for a couple of days.:bitchy:

J-C
03-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Oh he's been on, he couldn't resist another pop at the manager on another thread, after telling us he'd not be back for a couple of days.:bitchy:

I think he neant back on this particular thread but then again some people's memories are a bit vague when it comes to what and when they posted certain things. :wink:

Sir David Gray
03-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Since people are comparing how Hibs have done this year under Hughes with how we did last year under Paatelainen, I thought it might be interesting to see how Falkirk have done this year under May/Pressley compared with last year under Hughes;

08/09

League position after 32 games-12th
Number of points after 32 games-27
Scottish Cup performance-Final
League Cup performance-Semi finals

09/10

Number of points after 32 games-25
Scottish Cup performance-Fourth round
League Cup performance-Third round

All things considered, they are having a worse season this year than last year but in terms of their league placing and points total, there's not a lot in it.

J-C
03-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Since people are comparing how Hibs have done this year under Hughes with how we did last year under Paatelainen, I thought it might be interesting to see how Falkirk have done this year under May/Pressley compared with last year under Hughes;

08/09

Number of points after 32 games-27
Scottish Cup performance-Final
League Cup performance-Semi finals

09/10

Number of points after 32 games-25
Scottish Cup performance-Fourth round
League Cup performance-Third round

All things considered, they are having a worse season this year than last year but in terms of their league placing and points total, there's not a lot in it.

That'll be because the players there apart from the 2 we got have pretty much reached their level, I think Yogi realised this, hence the reason he was looking for a better challenge.

Jonnyboy
03-04-2010, 07:18 PM

See below

This

Pedantic_Hibee
03-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Yogi had Falkirk consistently punching above their weight. Simple.

To use that as a stick to beat him with is utter p1sh.

matty_f
03-04-2010, 08:26 PM

Gmack7
03-04-2010, 08:45 PM
when we win tomorrow we are only 2 points of 3rd and 12 points above them.2 bottles of red wine = happy clapper

MrSmith
03-04-2010, 09:03 PM
when we win tomorrow we are only 2 points of 3rd and 12 points above them.2 bottles of red wine = happy clapper

Happy is simply watching my team (Hibs) compete!

Mibbes Aye
03-04-2010, 09:04 PM

Possibly only seven points off second place chasing a **** Celtc if we win tomorrow. How many times have we got to the start of April and been able to say that?

Will remain a happy clapper regardless of how much wine is consumed :greengrin

Hibby 2005
03-04-2010, 09:09 PM

So Falkirk's weight was bottom of the league?

Yogi did well in the Cups with the Bairns but that was about all.

Take a look at St Johnstone this season after coming up, did Falkirk ever come near to finishing top 6 under Yogi?

Mibbes Aye
03-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Take a look at St Johnstone this season after coming up, did Falkirk ever come near to finishing top 6 under Yogi?

Did anyone really expect them to?

3pm
03-04-2010, 09:17 PM

Yep, we'll see.

Sir David Gray
03-04-2010, 09:18 PM

Yep, they were very near to a top six place two seasons ago. They had a match up at Pittodrie in their last match before the split and had they won then they would have finished in the top six at the expense of Aberdeen.

As it happens, they lost 2-1, Aberdeen got a top six place and Falkirk ended up in the bottom half along with Hearts.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-04-2010, 09:26 PM

What did you think their weight was given the monetary constraints in place?

Without Yogi's clout, would they have been able to attract the likes of Stokes, Barrett and Schmeichel to the club?

He took a First Division side, got them promoted and consolidated their place in the country's top league.

He also forged a reputation as a forward thinking coach with great ideas, a terrific record in the transfer market, he focused on youth and improved players within his squad as well as turning them into one of the top footballing sides in Scotland.

Of course, it did go a little stale towards the end but only the most successful of managers (a la Ferguson, Wenger, Roux etc) reinvigorate a football club and "create" a new team every 4 to 5 years.

I bet there's quite a few Falkirk fans out there who would give their left ba' to have him back right now.

He's been here 10 months and one of the biggest criticisms I've seen aimed at Yogi is that he's not getting the results a squad of this quality should get (in the same token, the same posters will say the squad is littered with *****).

We'd be well served to remember that it's Yogi who's fashioned this current squad himself largely and introduced quality into the side in respect of Stokes, Miller, Smith, Brown, Stack (who I still believe is a good keeper, nobody complained about him prior to Feb) and McBride.

Are we seriously, seriously harbouring doubts about a manager who's been in the job 10 months when he's improved our points total, increased the quality of our squad, created a happy atmosphere within the team (which it is when we were winning, I'd spit feathers if they were doing cartwheels at our current form), brought a passion to the team and who is in NO doubt whatsoever about what needs improving?

If we are, then we'd be better of supporting Manchester f*****g United because we'll never be happy otherwise.

I would say to all the dissenters from the past few weeks, give him a f*****g chance, he's only been here 10 months.

This time last year we had Brian Kerr, Ross Chisholm and Makalambay as near on first picks.

We are Hibs, we haven't been brought up on a diet of success, largely because we've had year upon year of instability and indecision.

Yogi's said all along that we'll hit a bad patch, he didn't get carried away on a crest of an Old Firm splitting, Scottish Cup winning wave that those same doubting supporters did; he said outright we'd take a few hits and whilst it's lasted longer than he himself would have envisioned, he's well aware of where we've come up short and given time, he'll get to the root of the problem.

We complain that we've got a team full of midgets and no fight in the team so we hammer him; Yogi comes out and admits this and says he'll be looking to resolve the problem......and guess f******g what, we hammer him for it because he hasn't waved a magic wand and sorted it out within the ten months he's been here. What do folk want? Should we ram a broom up his erse and make him clean the floor as well whilst he goes about his business?

I'm not for one minute saying we shouldn't have concern at the current form or that we should be sitting comfortably. What I am saying is that we have a manager at the helm who lives and breathes Hibs like you and I and most importantly, who sees the same things that you and I raise concerns about.

Given the time, he'll fix it. As a support, we need to support.

I've went off on one and this is not aimed at you directly, it's a broader viewpoint on where we are standing at the moment.

I expect to be labelled a happy clapper for the above, I can assure you I'm far from that. But I am a realist who realises that in my 20 odd years of living and breathing all things Hibernian, we need as much stability, continuity and realism on the pitch as that that we have shown off it for the past ten years.

Hibby 2005
03-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Yep, they were very near to a top six place two seasons ago. They had a match up at Pittodrie in their last match before the split and had they won then they would have finished in the top six at the expense of Aberdeen.

As it happens, they lost 2-1, Aberdeen got a top six place and Falkirk ended up in the bottom half along with Hearts.

So Yogi was Manager of Falkirk for 6 years approx and his highest position in the SPL was 7th place? I take it every other season he was battling relegation? And this is success?

marinello59
03-04-2010, 09:33 PM
So Yogi was Manager of Falkirk for 6 years approx and his highest position in the SPL was 7th place? I take it every other season he was battling relegation? And this is success?

So where do you think Falkirk should be? Top three? Top six in Scotland every season? :confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
03-04-2010, 09:33 PM

For a team he took to promotion and consolidated? Yes, yes it is.

What other clubs that have been promoted in the past 6 years have regularly featured in the top six?

Furthermore, have they made it to a Scottish Cup final and made it into Europe?

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2010, 09:44 PM

It is success for Falkirk.

I don't remember them battling relegation every year.

Iggy Pope
03-04-2010, 09:56 PM

Without Yogi's clout, would they have been able to attract the likes of Stokes, Barrett and Schmeichel to the club?

He took a First Division side, got them promoted and consolidated their place in the country's top league.

He also forged a reputation as a forward thinking coach with great ideas, a terrific record in the transfer market, he focused on youth and improved players within his squad as well as turning them into one of the top footballing sides in Scotland.

Of course, it did go a little stale towards the end but only the most successful of managers (a la Ferguson, Wenger, Roux etc) reinvigorate a football club and "create" a new team every 4 to 5 years.

I bet there's quite a few Falkirk fans out there who would give their left ba' to have him back right now.

He's been here 10 months and one of the biggest criticisms I've seen aimed at Yogi is that he's not getting the results a squad of this quality should get (in the same token, the same posters will say the squad is littered with *****).

We'd be well served to remember that it's Yogi who's fashioned this current squad himself largely and introduced quality into the side in respect of Stokes, Miller, Smith, Brown, Stack (who I still believe is a good keeper, nobody complained about him prior to Feb) and McBride.

Are we seriously, seriously harbouring doubts about a manager who's been in the job 10 months when he's improved our points total, increased the quality of our squad, created a happy atmosphere within the team (which it is when we were winning, I'd spit feathers if they were doing cartwheels at our current form), brought a passion to the team and who is in NO doubt whatsoever about what needs improving?

If we are, then we'd be better of supporting Manchester f*****g United because we'll never be happy otherwise.

I would say to all the dissenters from the past few weeks, give him a f*****g chance, he's only been here 10 months.

This time last year we had Brian Kerr, Ross Chisholm and Makalambay as near on first picks.

We are Hibs, we haven't been brought up on a diet of success, largely because we've had year upon year of instability and indecision.

Yogi's said all along that we'll hit a bad patch, he didn't get carried away on a crest of an Old Firm splitting, Scottish Cup winning wave that those same doubting supporters did; he said outright we'd take a few hits and whilst it's lasted longer than he himself would have envisioned, he's well aware of where we've come up short and given time, he'll get to the root of the problem.

We complain that we've got a team full of midgets and no fight in the team so we hammer him; Yogi comes out and admits this and says he'll be looking to resolve the problem......and guess f******g what, we hammer him for it because he hasn't waved a magic wand and sorted it out within the ten months he's been here. What do folk want? Should we ram a broom up his erse and make him clean the floor as well whilst he goes about his business?

I'm not for one minute saying we shouldn't have concern at the current form or that we should be sitting comfortably. What I am saying is that we have a manager at the helm who lives and breathes Hibs like you and I and most importantly, who sees the same things that you and I raise concerns about.

I've went off on one and this is not aimed at you directly, it's a broader viewpoint on where we are standing at the moment.

I expect to be labelled a happy clapper for the above, I can assure you I'm far from that. But I am a realist who realises that in my 20 odd years of living and breathing all things Hibernian, we need as much stability, continuity and realism on the pitch as that that we have shown off it for the past ten years.

A beautiful post my man.
**** the Hertz

Hibby 2005
03-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Fair enough to those who think he did well at Falkirk although it was significant how many Falkirk fans were glad to see the back of him when he did leave.
For what it's worth I do think Yogi can find a good, even great player, I just think he's not imaginative enough to know how to blend them into a successful team.
As ever, time will tell but the signs lately have not been encouraging.

IWasThere2016
03-04-2010, 10:06 PM
We need grass on the pitch too! :grr:

I await my fine/reprimand soon :devil:

Pedantic_Hibee
03-04-2010, 10:09 PM

We can't blame that on Yogi though, although I'm sure some will try.

Welcome back to the main board, TQM, good to have you back :aok:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-04-2010, 10:38 PM

The grass will come, patience.....

matty_f
03-04-2010, 10:48 PM
For a team he took to promotion and consolidated? Yes, yes it is.

What other clubs that have been promoted in the past 6 years have regularly featured in the top six?

Furthermore, have they made it to a Scottish Cup final and made it into Europe?

All against the backdrop of Falkirk moving to a new stadium and getting training facilities at Stirling Uni - Yogi played a massive part in building Falkirk and establishing them in the SPL.

Sir David Gray
03-04-2010, 11:09 PM

In his first full season in charge of Falkirk, Hughes got them to 4th in the first division. The following season they went up as champions, finishing 15 points ahead of second place.

In Falkirk's first season in the SPL, Hughes guided them to 10th place and a comfortable 15 points ahead of Livingston, who were relegated. In their second season, they finished 7th and 18 points above Dunfermline in 12th. The season after that, they finished 7th again and were actually a game away from making the top six. They were miles ahead of Gretna, who were relegated. Last season was the only time under Hughes where Falkirk were fighting relegation but they also got to the Scottish Cup Final where they should have beaten Rangers and they went up to Inverness on the final day knowing that a draw or a defeat would send them down. They won 1-0 and sent Inverness down instead.

So no, Falkirk were not fighting against relegation from the SPL in every season under Hughes. In fact, far from it.

MrSmith
03-04-2010, 11:09 PM
hibee til I die!

KWJ
04-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Who said Martin Canning is an average player? He is mince! As for the highlighted part, come on! Anyone can see we are too lightweight in midfield, yes we done OK at the start but this is the other problem with Yogi. We have been found out since the star:thumbsup:t of the season, and now teams know to play more in midfield and play a bit more physical and Yogi is at a loss, no clue on how to combat it. People said when we were playing well that we were going to struggle.

If you dont think things are wrong at ER then you have your head in the sand. fair enough if we had a bad team that werent capable of winning but we have a decent enough team to be at least competing! These things all point to Yogi, you may know Yogi or you make like him more because he is a die hard hibby, however, if you put that aside you will see that he has been found out with his tactics and he is unable to come up with anything else. Getting beat when the team is trying 100% is bad enough, but at least you can see the manager is doing his job in trying to get the best out the players, but getting beat when the players clearly arent giving it their all, then that points to something seriously wrong!

Yogi has been found out, he has no answers! usually when a team has a bad patch like this the manager will try to make his team solid and bard to beat, instead Yogi has basically stuck with what he has done all season and teams will now look forward to playing hibs.

I know he's pish, you know he's pish and John Huhes knows he's pish! Collins (?) didn't though. My point was he, like DVZ, and the other pish/average are the only sort of players that would have been available so why even bother to bring them in.

I hear what you're saying about the tactics, and I would most likely be hurting that little bit more if I was watching it in the flesh week in week out.

It has only been 2 months though, and we have had 2 wins and 2 draws in that time, none of which were inspiring I agree.

2 months of bad form is a bugger but it's not the end of the world. I doubt that Yogi has got as far as he has by being tactically clueless even if it looks that way. Nothings been coming off for us. So yeah, 2 months is not sacking material and while you might not see any signs that he's looking to change stuff can you not just trust that he is like me and the others are.

Mon the cabbage, i'm about to head to the pub and watch it on my own with folk that don't care , probably with no sound, and if there are any fans there you can bet they'll be half arsed Celtic ones. Let me ram it up the lot eh them and end up making a load of new Aussies Hibees!

J-C
04-04-2010, 09:06 AM
The problem Hughes has is that the quality and depth of his other squad players, when his better players go through a loss of form or injury, he doesn't have any real quality to bring in. So what does he do, he keeps playing his better players hoping they'll turn the corner and rediscover their form. This hasn't happened and players like Miller,Bamba and Wotherspoon have struggled this past 2 months but these were the very players who were making Hibs tick. Add this to injuries to Zouma, Hanlon and McBride and there's half the team, either out of form or injured.

KWJ
04-04-2010, 09:15 AM
I just tried to do my team for the game against Celtic on the match thread and was really struggling. RB is obviously a big problem but Yogi wasn't to know McCann's injury would continue and McCormack & Hogg would be dire there. I suggested sticking Murray in there like he did for the huns.

Anyway apart from that I was struggling, wouldn't mind seeing Bamba in midfield again and the only other big change would be to add width yet Galbraith seems the only option of that.

Stevie Reid
05-04-2010, 09:22 AM

Very good post.

Was thinking the other day that there are a few parallels that can be drawn between the seasons that ourselves and Nottingham Forest have enjoyed this year - I wonder if there are many Forest fans who think as badly of Billy Davies as many Hibbies think of Yogi.

seanraff07
05-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Very good post.

Was thinking the other day that there are a few parallels that can be drawn between the seasons that ourselves and Nottingham Forest have enjoyed this year - I wonder if there are many Forest fans who think as badly of Billy Davies as many Hibbies think of Yogi.

Doubt it.:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Very good post.

Probably only those who have had it in for Davies, before he had taken his coat off for the 1st time.

jgl07
06-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Sauzee's first game was at East End Park. We battered Dunfermline, got Luna sent off for nothing and lost 1-0 I think.
This bullsh*t sums up a rubbish thread.

For your information Sauzee joined Hibs while they were in Division One (1998-99). Dunfermline were in the SPL at the time. Sauzee's first SFL1 match was at Falkirk for a 2-1 win.

Luna did not join Hibs until their second season in the SPL (2001-02). That was TWO years after Franck signed.

millarco
06-04-2010, 12:58 AM

For your information Sauzee joined Hibs while they were in Division One (1998-99). Dunfermline were in the SPL at the time. Sauzee's first SFL1 match was at Falkirk for a 2-1 win.

Luna did not join Hibs until their second season in the SPL (2001-02). That was TWO years after Franck signed.

Sauzee the manager?

Andy74
06-04-2010, 09:32 AM

You are wrong and are you going to apologise?

The discussion was about Sauzee as manager you numpty.

StevieC
06-04-2010, 10:07 AM

I'm guessing the wee addition at the end has blown any chance of an apology.

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2010, 10:08 AM

Don't sit on the fence Andy, say what you really mean.:faf:

Fife-Hibee
06-04-2010, 10:17 AM

:hahaha::bevvied!:

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 10:37 AM
We can't blame that on Yogi though, although I'm sure some will try.
Welcome back to the main board, TQM, good to have you back :aok:

Certainly cannot - I am surprised the big man's no had something to say about it. It's a hinderence! :grr:

Hibby D
06-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Why do you think it rubbish? :dunno:

Hibbyradge
06-04-2010, 01:24 PM

Oopsy! :hilarious

Hibbyradge
06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Certainly cannot - I am surprised the big man's no had something to say about it. It's a hinderence! :grr:

What would the point of saying something be? He'd just be critisised for making excuses because the truth s, it's a hindrence to both teams.

The players would seize on it as an excuse too. Ring any bells?

He can't do anything useful by complaining. No-one can, but it will be resolved after the next 2 home games.

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
What would the point of saying something be? He'd just be critisised for making excuses because it's a hindrence to both teams.

He can't do anything useful by complaining. No-one can, but it will be resolved after the next 2 home games.

Just like any remark he makes is jumped on by some posters, in an attempt to have a pop. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Hibby D
06-04-2010, 01:33 PM
What would the point of saying something be? He'd just be critisised for making excuses because it's a hindrence to both teams.

Only until another crappy winter takes it toll though

Stevie Reid
06-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Just like any remark he makes is jumped on by some posters, in an attempt to have a pop. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Exactly. The criticism that his pre-match interview on the BBC Sport website was subjected to last weekend was unbelievable.

Hibbyradge
06-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Only until another crappy winter takes it toll though

Aye, maybe, but what can Hughes do about that?

I'm sure he has raised the subject in his regular discussions with the board.

Unless the SPL change the rules regarding 4G pitches, what's the point of public complaints?

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Exactly. The criticism that his pre-match interview on the BBC Sport website was subjected to last weekend was unbelievable.

Yip, the usual suspects getting stuck right in.:bitchy:

Hibby D
06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Aye, maybe, but what can Hughes do about that?

I'm sure he has raised the subject in his regular discussions with the board.

Unless the SPL change the rules regarding 4G pitches, what's the point of public complaints?

What's the point of any complaint? We hope to see a change don't we?

Call me naive but maybe if we, and by we I mean Scottish Football fans and the Clubs themselves, directed our complaints/ ideas and suggestions on artificial turf directly to the SPL, they may be required to look into no? :dunno:

--------
06-04-2010, 02:33 PM
It's appeared to me for some time now that a major part of the problem afflicting Hibs is that no manager since Alec McLeish has been allowed more than a few months to deliver the 'quality football' and 'solid success' that we as Hibs fans consider ourselves 'entitled' to.

I'm trying hard to remember which particular manager in the years I've been following Hibs managed to overcome the team's continual failure to maintain form throughout the season. IIRC, no one has.

Stein left before we could find out.

Shankly failed. And resigned.

McFarlane wasn't given the chance to show what he could do.

Ewing was a stopgap and failed.

Turnbull failed - in fact, his 'remedy' (binning an entire team and starting from scratch) simply made matters worse. By the end of his time we were actually worse than we are now.

Auld was a bad joke.

Stanton and Blackley were woefully underfunded. They had no chance of doing what they wanted to do.

Miller achieved enviable consistency - something many of us say we want, but Alex is now vilified for being boring. Did I mention a League Cup, a second Final, anfd European qualification? I think we also split the OF one season....

Duffy failed.

Scott was no more than a caretaker - he wasn't given the chance to be anything more.

McLeish succeeded - in Division One. I don't recall that he kept us playing consistently through the season in the SPL. He also spent an awful lot of money - money we didn't have.

Sauzee failed - miserably, to my deep regret.

Williamson, working under severe financial restraints, did no more than keep us in the SPL.

Mowbray IMO flattered to deceive.

Collins had some sound ideas, but lacked the communication skills to win players over.

Craig's involvement still leaves me totally baffled - whay was he here and what was he supposed to achieve?

Mixu seemed to be completely out of his depth, and now we have Yogi, less than a year in, under pressure, allegedly incompetent according to some, and with them and others yelling for his blood.

Is it possible that the players have realised that NO manager is secure in his position at Easter Road now? And is it possible that because of this NO manager can hope to enjoy the authority with them that is appropriate and necessary to do his job? So that the ER job is the Number One poisoned chalice of the SPL?

I agree with the OP - this can't go on.

But what I would suggest is that we can't keep appointing managers, only to sack them less than two years into their tenure of the job.

I think it would be a very good idea of Yogi was to curtail his contacts with the press and other media. This would give a lot less ammunition to those who never wanted him at ER in the first place, and are now doing their level best to get him out.

The board need to back him quietly where it matters, in the face of the players. They need to see the new stand built and the stadium finished. They need to get the state of the pitch sorted out so that the players who want to play can play football. Certain players need to be moved on. Others need to be settled into the team on decent-length contracts so that the manager can plan ahead properly. And funds need to be made available so that we can bring in the players we need to stabilise the team defensively and in midfield - a right-back, a left-back, and a couple of strong utility players who can strengthen midfield and help out in defence as required.

And maybe WE need to get off the guy's back a little and learn to exercise a wee bit patience?

Rant over. :devil:

bawheid
06-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Cracking post Doddie.

Hibby D
06-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Excellent rant Doddie :top marks

Hibbyradge
06-04-2010, 02:55 PM
What's the point of any complaint? We hope to see a change don't we?

Call me naive but maybe if we, and by we I mean Scottish Football fans and the Clubs themselves, directed our complaints/ ideas and suggestions on artificial turf directly to the SPL, they may be required to look into no? :dunno:

I agree with you. We, the fans, should put pressure on the powers that be.

My point about Hughes complaining was in reference to TQM's earlier post critisising him for not doing so.

If you see what I mean. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2010, 02:58 PM
[B]I agree with the OP - this can't go on.

But what I would suggest is that we can't keep appointing managers, only to sack them less than two years into their tenure of the job.

I think it would be a very good idea of Yogi was to curtail his contacts with the press and other media. This would give a lot less ammunition to those who never wanted him at ER in the first place, and are now doing their level best to get him out.

The board need to back him quietly where it matters, in the face of the players. They need to see the new stand built and the stadium finished. They need to get the state of the pitch sorted out so that the players who want to play can play football. Certain players need to be moved on. Others need to be settled into the team on decent-length contracts so that the manager can plan ahead properly. And funds need to be made available so that we can bring in the players we need to stabilise the team defensively and in midfield - a right-back, a left-back, and a couple of strong utility players who can strengthen midfield and help out in defence as required.

And maybe WE need to get off the guy's back a little and learn to exercise a wee bit patience?

Great post and great points, none more so than the one i have highlighted. I also agree, the manager needs time to get in the players we so obviously need. :top marks

Jonnyboy
06-04-2010, 03:00 PM
On the subject of the pitch, I watched Nottingham Forest v Cardiff City yesterday and the pitch looked like a carpet. Maybe Stu in Nottingham could have a wee word with the groundstaff and pass it on :wink: :greengrin

Stevie Reid
06-04-2010, 03:04 PM
It's appeared to me for some time now that a major part of the problem afflicting Hibs is that no manager since Alec McLeish has been allowed more than a few months to deliver the 'quality football' and 'solid success' that we as Hibs fans consider ourselves 'entitled' to.

I'm trying hard to remember which particular manager in the years I've been following Hibs managed to overcome the team's continual failure to maintain form throughout the season. IIRC, no one has.

Stein left before we could find out.

Shankly failed. And resigned.

McFarlane wasn't given the chance to show what he could do.

Ewing was a stopgap and failed.

Turnbull failed - in fact, his 'remedy' (binning an entire team and starting from scratch) simply made matters worse. By the end of his time we were actually worse than we are now.

Auld was a bad joke.

Stanton and Blackley were woefully underfunded. They had no chance of doing what they wanted to do.

Miller achieved enviable consistency - something many of us say we want, but Alex is now vilified for being boring. Did I mention a League Cup, a second Final, anfd European qualification? I think we also split the OF one season....

Duffy failed.

Scott was no more than a caretaker - he wasn't given the chance to be anything more.

McLeish succeeded - in Division One. I don't recall that he kept us playing consistently through the season in the SPL. He also spent an awful lot of money - money we didn't have.

Sauzee failed - miserably, to my deep regret.

Williamson, working under severe financial restraints, did no more than keep us in the SPL.

Mowbray IMO flattered to deceive.

Collins had some sound ideas, but lacked the communication skills to win players over.

Craig's involvement still leaves me totally baffled - whay was he here and what was he supposed to achieve?

Mixu seemed to be completely out of his depth, and now we have Yogi, less than a year in, under pressure, allegedly incompetent according to some, and with them and others yelling for his blood.

Is it possible that the players have realised that NO manager is secure in his position at Easter Road now? And is it possible that because of this NO manager can hope to enjoy the authority with them that is appropriate and necessary to do his job? So that the ER job is the Number One poisoned chalice of the SPL?

Very good post, Doddie.

I think it's also noteworthy that Alex Miller was the last manager who operated (largely) in the pre-Bosman era - an era when there were 3 subs at most, first team squads were much smaller, and there were no wholesale changes of playing staff every year due to free transfers being a rarity. Teams had to be built, with only 2/3 arrivals and departures every season.

Because of the freedom of movement of players these days, many people seem to think that a couple of transfer windows is ample time for a manager to build his team - that much has been evidenced by the opinion of many on this thread.

Yogi needs and deserves more time, and after his signings thus far, I'm genuinely excited to see who he'll bring in during the summer - hopefully after us securing 4th place.

Hibbyradge
06-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Rant over.

That didn't strike me as much of a rant, tbh.

Just a well thought out, reasoned and very intetesting contribution.

Fans was success NOW and that's the problem.

Yogi is 10 months into his tenure, but people have been calling for him to go for some time already. Crazy.

If success doesn't come immediately, fans behave like it's a computer game. They simply want to end the game and start over. Everything is disposable to them, including people.

If the game isn't to their liking, or it's too hard, they simply swap it for a new one.

(And this is Hibs fans! It must be a lot worse for managers of teams who actually do win things!)

Unfortunately, when football fans behave like this, chairmen feel the financial pressure and the manager pays the price.

Maybe Petrie and/or Yogi should announce a 5 year plan or something. That way people might evaluate the team's progress against the plan, instead of bemoaning the lack of trophies etc.

--------
06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Very good post, Doddie.

I think it's also noteworthy that Alex Miller was the last manager who operated (largely) in the pre-Bosman era - an era when there were 3 subs at most, first team squads were much smaller, and there were no wholesale changes of playing staff every year due to free transfers being a rarity. Teams had to be built, with only 2/3 arrivals and departures every season.

Because of the freedom of movement of players these days, many people seem to think that a couple of transfer windows is ample time for a manager to build his team - that much has been evidenced by the opinion of many on this thread.

Yogi needs and deserves more time, and after his signings thus far, I'm genuinely excited to see who he'll bring in during the summer - hopefully after us securing 4th place.

:agree: The situation post-Bosman has certainly complicated matters for managers, I agree.

Alex was also IIRC the last manager at ER to be working with an almost exclusively UK-originated squad. He didn't have to worry about the African Nations Cup or Ramadan, for example....

Andy74
06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Very good post, Doddie.

Miller had some success when you compare with league positions and such like today but let's not pretend his reign was anything more than mind numbingly dull.

There was one particular year that it took us the best part of the season to score any more than 1 goal away from home.

He may have had some decent attacking players at his disposal particularly in O'Neil, McAllister and Wright but he didn't use them very well most of the time.

Stevie Reid
06-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Miller had some success when you compare with league positions and such like today but let's not pretend his reign was anything more than mind numbingly dull.

There was one particular year that it took us the best part of the season to score any more than 1 goal away from home.

He may have had some decent attacking players at his disposal particularly in O'Neil, McAllister and Wright but he didn't use them very well most of the time.

There's no doubt that he was a cautious manager (largely when the players at his disposal demanded that he be), but I do have fond memories of the 93-95 Hibs team that contained Wright, Jackson, McGinlay, O'Neill and McAllister playing some great football. I would also suggest that everyone remembers these players being great players for Hibs, and they all spent the majority of their Hibs career playing under Miller - so he must've used them pretty well, no?

In any case, and with all due respect Andy as I generally agree with most of your posts on here, I cannot be bothered getting into a full blown argument about the Miller era at Hibs! My point was largely about managers being afforded time to build their own team.

Sas_The_Hibby
06-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Yogi has to be given more time - I agree we can't keep changing managers ever more regularly.

At the moment the signs don't look that good to me TBH - a manager who appears unable to adapt to circumstances or to different opponents, for example, and who, again, appears to have difficulty in inculcating the correct attitude in the dressing room and/or on the pitch. However, I may well be proved wrong - Yogi may get better with experience, if he's willing to learn - and I hope I am. All appointments are a risk and, for a club like Hibs, that risk needs to be 'seen through' for two seasons, anyway, IMO.

I do also agree, however, that Yogi needs to say less to the media: very little, if anything, of what he says appears to help anyone.

--------
06-04-2010, 03:43 PM

Yogi is 10 months into his tenure, but people have been calling for him to go for some time already. Crazy.

If success doesn't come immediately, fans behave like it's a computer game. They simply want to end the game and start over. Everything is disposable to them, including people.

If the game isn't to their liking, or it's too hard, they simply swap it for a new one.

(And this is Hibs fans! It must be a lot worse for managers of teams who actually do win things!)

Unfortunately, when football fans behave like this, chairmen feel the financial pressure and the manager pays the price.

Maybe Petrie and/or Yogi should announce a 5 year plan or something. That way people might evaluate the team's progress against the plan, instead of bemoaning the lack of trophies etc.

I sometimes think that old-timers like myself are part of the problem, too.

We go into long sentimental reminiscences of how wonderful it all was back in the days of the Famous Five or Joe Baker or the Tornadoes or whatever, and we don't let slip the uncomfortable fact that those times weren't all good, and those players - skilled as they were - could make idiots of themselves, and that standing on that big open terrace in the pouring rain watching Hibs lose 3-1 to Greenock Morton or Partick Thistle or Arbroath or whoever (after scoring first, usually) really wasn't any better than what we're going through now.

John Hughes isn't the Messiah and he can't do miracles. He'll make mistakes, as we all do from time to time. The great thing IMO is that he seems to genuinely CARE about the club and the team.

He needs time to sort things out and IMO for all the strife of the past 6 weeks or so, I'd say we're still better now than we were last year this time - remember a certain 1-1 draw in Paisley? The 1-1 going on 6-1 or 7-1 - against us? THAT was gruesome.

FWIW, January saw a fair bit of turmoil in team selection - we lost Bamba to the ANC tournament, we lost our hitherto regular goalie, a number of other players were injured/suspended; then the pitch transformed itself into something resembling the Great Grimpen Mire; and then work began on the East Stand, none of which can have had exactly a calming or settling effect on the team or the manager.

(Major stadium work usually seems to have a fairly negative effect on teams' performances, in my experience. It's been so for us over the last 15 years, and for both halves of the OF, IIRC.)

And it's since January that we've struggled.

Maybe an augmented squad under a management team that's actually familiar with the club and the set-up might be a better jumping-off point for the new season than starting off with yet another new management/coaching team, yet again some players out, some players in to suit yet another new tactical approach, and endless threads on here evaluating the new guys' performances, weighing them in the balance and (I suspect) yet again finding them wanting?

Andy74
06-04-2010, 03:49 PM
There's no doubt that he was a cautious manager (largely when the players at his disposal demanded that he be), but I do have fond memories of the 93-95 Hibs team that contained Wright, Jackson, McGinlay, O'Neill and McAllister playing some great football. I would also suggest that everyone remembers these players being great players for Hibs, and they all spent the majority of their Hibs career playing under Miller - so he must've used them pretty well, no?

In any case, and with all due respect Andy as I generally agree with most of your posts on here, I cannot be bothered getting into a full blown argument about the Miller era at Hibs! My point was largely about managers being afforded time to build their own team.

I agree, when Hughes was appointed I thought he would be someone who could spend at least 5 years here building a team and a culture.

It's strange days when someone who has had us challenging for 3rd until April in his first year is getting mentioned for the sack! Fortunately no-one at Hibs will be agreeing with that.

Stevie Reid
06-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I agree, when Hughes was appointed I thought he would be someone who could spend at least 5 years here building a team and a culture.

It's strange days when someone who has had us challenging for 3rd until April in his first year is getting mentioned for the sack! Fortunately no-one at Hibs will be agreeing with that.

Exactly. I remember making a point to a friend when Yogi immediately distanced himself from the Burnley speculation earlier in the season, by saying that he had a job to do here, that it would be nice if supporters would remember that when times weren't as good. Sadly, many seem to have forgotten already.

It's also worth remembering that the two longest serving Premiership managers by a mile, Fergie and Wenger, built their success on winning a battle to get the drinking culture out of their respective clubs, and influencing every aspect of the club from the bottom up. Again, these things take time.

BEEJ
06-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Fans want success NOW and that's the problem.

As someone who is NOT calling for Yogi's head but who is thoroughly p*ssed off with the events of the last two months, I can say that my frustration has NOTHING at all to do with instant anything, never mind success. I was not expecting us to win the Scottish Cup and I was not expecting us to split the OF and finish second in the SPL.

And I think my view would be echoed by a number of supporters.

So although your analysis may well be accurate for a few of our younger members (those more familiar with the experience of re-setting a computer game so as to start again) it does not, I believe, explain the frustration of the majority.

Yogi has to be given more time - I agree we can't keep changing managers ever more regularly.

At the moment the signs don't look that good to me TBH - a manager who appears unable to adapt to circumstances or to different opponents, for example, and who, again, appears to have difficulty in inculcating the correct attitude in the dressing room and/or on the pitch. However, I may well be proved wrong - Yogi may get better with experience, if he's willing to learn - and I hope I am. All appointments are a risk and, for a club like Hibs, that risk needs to be 'seen through' for two seasons, anyway, IMO.

I do also agree, however, that Yogi needs to say less to the media: very little, if anything, of what he says appears to help anyone.
:top marks I agree with all of that.

Eaststand
06-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Exactly. I remember making a point to a friend when Yogi immediately distanced himself from the Burnley speculation earlier in the season, by saying that he had a job to do here, that it would be nice if supporters would remember that when times weren't as good. Sadly, many seem to have forgotten already.

It's also worth remembering that the two longest serving Premiership managers by a mile, Fergie and Wenger, built their success on winning a battle to get the drinking culture out of their respective clubs, and influencing every aspect of the club from the bottom up. Again, these things take time.

Spot on SR and the more fellow Hibbies that can see the long term picture the better. The 'quick fix' punters should keep those points in mind.
No doubt there'll now be a few anti Yogi /quick fixers, who've played a couple of games of Premier Manager on their Xboxes (which obviously makes them expert tacticians) accusing me of being a happyclapper or some other bollocks like that...:yawn:
GGTTH

jacomo
06-04-2010, 04:58 PM
And it's since January that we've struggled.

It may be coincidence, but Hughes' public declaration that he "wanted 3rd place" also marked the start of our collapse in form.

Hibs simply don't have a winning mentality - set us a challenge, and typically we crumble.

John Collins did have a winning mentality, but couldn't take people with him. When he too made mistakes, the pressure mounted on him.

Our current manager has made mistakes, and infuriates me at times with his unwillingness to make changes during a game at the right times.

But we simply can't keep chopping and changing the management staff. Hibs need to develop a winning culture - that will take time.

Oh, and thank God Jim Gannon didn't get the job last summer.

HFC07
06-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I personally think the players are to fault for our recent demise, the press by large were stating that we were playing so good that we could split the old firm and claim second spot. Perhaps there are a few ego's that believe they are better than they are and began to believe the words that were printed about them.
I don't believe that sacking Yogi is the answer, ok perhaps yogi should be telling these guys they are only as good as their lst game and keep their heeds out of the clouds, give him the time to get shot of the guys that aren't performing and building the team he set out to do.

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 05:27 PM
As someone who is NOT calling for Yogi's head but who is thoroughly p*ssed off with the events of the last two months, I can say that my frustration has NOTHING at all to do with instant anything, never mind success. I was not expecting us to win the Scottish Cup and I was not expecting us to split the OF and finish second in the SPL.

And I think my view would be echoed by a number of supporters.

So although your analysis may well be accurate for a few of our younger members (those more familiar with the experience of re-setting a computer game so as to start again) it does not, I believe, explain the frustration of the majority.

Well said BEEJ. I agree with Sas too.

Can I just say I've never played a X-Box, or FIFA 10 or the like :greengrin

Liked Doddie's reference to 1-1 at St Midden last season - it was a lot better pish than the 5-1 at the other Saints recently! :cool2: In which Yogi should his lack of perception, observation and tactical acumen as Sas indicated. And confirms what has been said earlier on this thread Yogi's Hibs aint that different from Mixu's Hibs - despite the turnover of players and extra spending eg keepers, Spoon, Miller, Galbraith, Zooma, Benji, Stokes, Gow.

--------
06-04-2010, 05:59 PM

Liked Doddie's reference to 1-1 at St Midden last season - it was a lot better pish than the 5-1 at the other Saints recently! :cool2: In which Yogi should his lack of perception, observation and tactical acumen as Sas indicated. And confirms what has been said earlier on this thread Yogi's Hibs aint that different from Mixu's Hibs - despite the turnover of players and extra spending eg keepers, Spoon, Miller, Galbraith, Zooma, Benji, Stokes, Gow.

Don't think it was, you know - the only reason we weren't done over 5-1 or worse was because the Buddies just couldn't put the ball in the net.

I'm not suggesting we don't have problems - I'm just wondering at what point we decide to stick with a manager for more than a few months at a time....

mikethehibee69
06-04-2010, 06:06 PM
:top marks:3wise smi

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2010, 06:13 PM

Another dig,:bitchy: zooma benji and spoony were at the club or coming back, stokes and miller come in, but jones and fletcher leave. Gow comes on loan, of course, mixu never had loan players. Keep going, you are looking more rediculous every post. Maybe i will see you on saturday, to discuss this more. :faf:

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Another dig,:bitchy: zooma benji and spoony were at the club or coming back, stokes and miller come in, but jones and fletcher leave. Gow comes on loan, of course, mixu never had loan players. Keep going, you are looking more rediculous every post. Maybe i will see you on saturday, to discuss this more. :faf:

Here's ma stalker :faf:

I knew that would draw you out.

So you agree Yogi's had the use of better players then :wink:

Ye might have found Prozac but ye didnae find a response or apology to my post earlier - re Killie and positive comments :faf:

You've no credibility with me either :bye:

edit: ps - I might be there on Saturday, and if so you'll be first to know

BoltonHibee
06-04-2010, 06:38 PM

You amaze me. You took great pleasure in telling everyone in the South Stand within earshot you would not be going back ( after the Dundee Utd game), as you scurried off down the stairs when the 3rd went in.

Hughes was clueless, the players were ***** and the ref was atrocious.

Are you telling me you are going to Hamilton on Saturday?

You've got more faces than the Town Hall clock!

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 07:04 PM
You amaze me. You took great pleasure in telling everyone in the South Stand within earshot you would not be going back ( after the Dundee Utd game), as you scurried off down the stairs when the 3rd went in.

You've got more faces that the Town Hall clock!

Ah ha! Here's comes the truth!

Blackpool is the same old Blackpool and he's been having us on!

I wonder weeks ago if he was at the capers as the football under Yogi is not how he likes his football and so here we have it - Blackpool has been conning all of us!

Brilliant :faf:

Toaods
06-04-2010, 07:13 PM

I wonder weeks ago if he was at the capers as the football under Yogi is not how he likes his football and so here we have it - Blackpool has been conning all of us!

he's drafted you into Pancho/Sancho/Hibs Spain* 's slot.

* delete as appropriate.

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 07:33 PM
he's drafted you into Pancho/Sancho/Hibs Spain* 's slot.

* delete as appropriate.

Ye cannae kid a kidder and he's been rumbled alright :agree:

Brilliant wind-up though - it has to be said - top class! :thumbsup:

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2010, 07:41 PM

You should try going to the odd game son (more than one per season - and I don't mean a Dundee Utd or Dundee game!) :devil:

At least BH was there and paid for the pleasure of leaving early ! (if indeed he did leave early!)

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 07:46 PM
You should try going to the odd game son (more than one per season - and I don't mean a Dundee Utd or Dundee game!) :devil:

At least BH was there and paid for the pleasure of leaving early ! (if indeed he did leave early!)

Real fans don't leave early eg I sat to the miserable and bitter end recently at Perth! :wink:

Removed
06-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Real fans don't leave early

Mibbes Aye
06-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Real fans don't leave early eg I sat to the miserable and bitter end recently at Perth! :wink:

Who were Saints playing?

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Who were Saints playing?

Some imposters fae Leith masquerading as a fitbaw team!!! :grr:

Effing shambles so it was! :bitchy:

J-C
06-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Some imposters fae Leith masquerading as a fitbaw team!!! :grr:

Effing shambles so it was! :bitchy:

It's a pity you don't live up to your name, the digs are getting so bloody boring now.....this thread can't go on. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2010, 08:57 PM
s it possible that the players have realised that NO manager is secure in his position at Easter Road now? And is it possible that because of this NO manager can hope to enjoy the authority with them that is appropriate and necessary to do his job? So that the ER job is the Number One poisoned chalice of the SPL?

:top marks Excellent post. :top marks

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 09:53 PM
It's a pity you don't live up to your name, the digs are getting so bloody boring now.....this thread can't go on. :wink:

Ye's miss me though :wink:

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2010, 10:30 PM

Whoosh

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Hibby D
06-04-2010, 10:36 PM

You've got more faces that the Town Hall clock!

:stirrer::troll:

Bad man!

IWasThere2016
06-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Whoosh

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Ye nearly had me :cool2:

You know life's better on the dark side :devil:

You've definitely taken a few in though .. you are a bad bad man! :top marks

BoltonHibee
07-04-2010, 12:03 AM
:stirrer::troll:

Bad man!

Or am I just a fibber:wink:

matty_f
07-04-2010, 12:18 AM

:faf::faf:

Hibbyradge
07-04-2010, 05:45 AM

I said fans behave like it's a computer game.

I on't believe you've never played a game on your PC. However, I also said that they think everything is disposable, which is actually my point.

To call for a man to lose his job a few months into his contract, without having seen the team play at Easter Road, (once?) is extremely rash.

Maybe that's who Yogi refers to as "not the real fans"? :devil:

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 05:53 AM

Nah - leopards cannae change and aw that. The guff under Yogi's too similar to that under Mixu and unless Blackpool's popping the happy pills or lost his sight he's hating the 'tactics', football, selections etc. :wink:

He's done brilliantly to keep it up the happy-clapper routine though :agree:

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 06:09 AM

I on't believe you've never played a game on your PC. However, I also said that they think everything is disposable, which is actually my point.

To call for a man to lose his job a few months into his contract, without having seen the team play at Easter Road, (once?) is extremely rash.

Aye - me and every other out of towner, or overseas fan, or father with parental obligations, who doesnae see what it is exactly he's doing :faf:

To recap that's mind-numbing fitbaw, spouting guff, 'tactics', falling out wi journos, insulting fans, slagging players off to the crowd, squaring up to players at training, poor formation (that when it clearly doesnae work - you change the wrong players too late into the formation that isnae working :wtf:)

With such competence right enough it must be me and others and no him :faf:

I wonder what he'd think of your comment that we'll no win another gane this season - you're clearly no a 'real' fan either cos that's no on his script :devil:

down the slope
07-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Aye - me and every other out of towner, or overseas fan, or father with parental obligations, who doesnae see what it is exactly he's doing :faf:

To recap that's mind-numbing fitbaw, spouting guff, 'tactics', falling out wi journos, insulting fans, slagging players off to the crowd, squaring up to players at training, poor formation (that when it clearly doesnae work - you change the wrong players too late into the formation that isnae working :wtf:)

I wonder what he'd think of your comment that we'll no win another gane this season - you're clearly no a 'real' fan either cos that's no on his script :devil:

Well said, this real fan is walking up to games of my choice next season, i think Mr Hughes peed of a lot of people when he mentioned the real fans are behind me comment.

BoltonHibee
07-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Personally, I would like to see him launched now.

Hibs are no better off football wise than they were under Mixu, I do not see this getting any better under JH.

I know the arguement about stability at the club, but surely if something is clearly wrong it needs changed?

Do we just sit back and give him longer to make a complete erse of things?

I won't be back watching that guff, that is for sure.

Hibbyradge
07-04-2010, 07:02 AM
I didn't say you weren't entitled to an opinion. I just don't think it can be a particularly well informed if you don't see the games. for my part, I think we'll struggle to win games this season because without Zemamma amd McBride, we don't have the personnel in midfield and we've struggled since both of them got injured. That's not Yogi's fault and I certainly don't think if should be sacked when he's on the verge me achieving our highest league placing for years.

Hibbyradge
07-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Apologies for the typos. Posting from my phone on a train.

Beefster
07-04-2010, 07:09 AM

I think Hughes need to refine his communication. Fans are generally more patient if they can buy-in to the direction that a manager is trying to take the team.

However, at the moment, he's not really given much information on what he's aiming to and how he's going to get there, beyond vague statements about 'knowing what the problems are', telling us that 'we gave it a right good go' and 'the players have been magnificent for me'.

There's also the evidence that, even with the right personnel, he may not be able to get the tactics or selections/substitutions right.

PS I want him given another full season but, in my opinion, he's not really doing himself any favours at the moment. We're going through the same cycle that he did with the Falkirk fans last season.

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 07:34 AM
I didn't say you weren't entitled to an opinion. I just don't think it can be a particularly well informed if you don't see the games. for my part, I think we'll struggle to win games this season because without Zemamma amd McBride, we don't have the personnel in midfield and we've struggled since both of them got injured. That's not Yogi's fault and I certainly don't think if should be sacked when he's on the verge me achieving our highest league placing for years.

D - if you took on a member of staff, and they did well (very well) and beyond your expectations for 5/6 months and then were useless for 2/3 months afterwards - you'd have doubts and wonder if you'd taken on the right one. Now if said employee is in the paper/media alienating your customers - what would you do?

I think Hughes need to refine his communication. Fans are generally more patient if they can buy-in to the direction that a manager is trying to take the team.

However, at the moment, he's not really given much information on what he's aiming to and how he's going to get there, beyond vague statements about 'knowing what the problems are', telling us that 'we gave it a right good go' and 'the players have been magnificent for me'.

There's also the evidence that, even with the right personnel, he may not be able to get the tactics or selections/substitutions right.

PS I want him given another full season but, in my opinion, he's not really doing himself any favours at the moment. We're going through the same cycle that he did with the Falkirk fans last season.

I think the key bits are in bold - is it not history repeating itself?

hibsbollah
07-04-2010, 07:39 AM

Thats my take on it as well. Don't want him sacked, but having doubts about him regardless.

banarc7062
07-04-2010, 07:53 AM
It is not a secret - and it'll come out soon enough

What......there is no Santa:confused:

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 07:57 AM
What......there is no Santa:confused:

Or Easter Bunny - I caught the missus leaving ma egg on the sideboard :boo hoo:

StevieC
07-04-2010, 08:06 AM
D - if you took on a member of staff, and they did well (very well) and beyond your expectations for 5/6 months and then were useless for 2/3 months afterwards - you'd have doubts and wonder if you'd taken on the right one. Now if said employee is in the paper/media alienating your customers - what would you do?

I'd pull him aside, remind him of the excellent work he'd done when he first started and tell him to get back on track.

I certainly wouldn't sack him based on the ramblings of a member of the general public that had seen him do his work once, on a cold night in Perth.

matty_f
07-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Nah - leopards cannae change and aw that. The guff under Yogi's too similar to that under Mixu and unless Blackpool's popping the happy pills or lost his sight he's hating the 'tactics', football, selections etc. :wink:

He's done brilliantly to keep it up the happy-clapper routine though :agree:

Come on, TQM - admit it: you fell for Bolton's wind-up and just don't want to be seen to have lost face. :agree:

What happy pills they must be, for Blackpool to still be able to be unhappy at the performances whilst still being able to acknowledge tangible and perceived progress from Mixu's time, and still being able to understand that Yogi's only at the beginning of his job.

You do people who have formed that opinion a huge disrespect by dismissing it as the result of happy pills mate.

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 08:23 AM
I'd pull him aside, remind him of the excellent work he'd done when he first started and tell him to get back on track.

I certainly wouldn't sack him based on the ramblings of a member of the general public that had seen him do his work once, on a cold night in Perth.

I am sure that's what'll happen and the once is wrong :wink:

Hoep you enjoyed yersel' on Monday, S - sadly the Baggies have gifted the Toon the title. Do you think Houghton will get his chance in the EPL?

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Come on, TQM - admit it: you fell for Bolton's wind-up and just don't want to be seen to have lost face. :agree:

What happy pills they must be, for Blackpool to still be able to be unhappy at the performances whilst still being able to acknowledge tangible and perceived progress from Mixu's time, and still being able to understand that Yogi's only at the beginning of his job.

You do people who have formed that opinion a huge disrespect by dismissing it as the result of happy pills mate.

I don't think Blackpool is happy - not one bit and I think he's had us all on :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2010, 08:58 AM

I may have missed the bits highlighted in red in the 400 or so posts TQM.

Are these the things that led you to state "There are issues behind the scenes but I'm not posting about them" ?

Who has Yogi squared up to ?

J-C
07-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't think any of us are over the moon right now TQM but as said, if you don't go to the games how the hell can you comment. We made significant progress earlier, more than was to be expected, unfortunately we don't have the depth in squad to cope with our better players losing form or being injured.

Bamba on Sunday showed the form he displayed the first half of the season, so what happened to him Jan/Feb and March???

Zouma and McBride long term injuries, two of our most influential players this year.

Miller, fantastic until the new year and went right of the boil, why???

Struggled to find a replacement for McCann, obviously tried during the Jan window but money is always tight, realised Thicot was there and he's been good since he came in.

Deek is playing a different game, a lot more chasing back, not his normal game but Yogi has made him into a better all round player, and still scoring goals.

Yogi needs to shift about 4-5 players, with another 2 maybe moving on, we are not an overly wealthy club, so we have to be clever in the transfer market. So far he's brought in 3 very good players and strengthened the goalkeeping dept, had us hoping and pushing for top 3 for a while but realistically 4/5 is about where we should really be at this time.

All this and still there are punters like you who want instant success, win cups and get to Europe all in one season, well it just doesn't work like that and you and your like are the reason this club has been unable to progress, give the manager his 3 years and if he hasn't delivered, then get rid, not after 10 bloody months.:grr:

oldbutdim
07-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Has the bit that's not a secret and will come out soon enough come out yet?

That's the only bit I'm interested in.
I get sucked into things like that - I can't help it.
I HATE being the last to know.

Actually the squaring up bit too - that's quite a tasty morsel.

I'm hoping that these are two separate issues so that I can get all offended/excited/dismissive twice rather than just once.

--------
07-04-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't think any of us are over the moon right now TQM but as said, if you don't go to the games how the hell can you comment. We made significant progress earlier, more than was to be expected, unfortunately we don't have the depth in squad to cope with our better players losing form or being injured.

Bamba on Sunday showed the form he displayed the first half of the season, so what happened to him Jan/Feb and March???

Zouma and McBride long term injuries, two of our most influential players this year.

Miller, fantastic until the new year and went right of the boil, why???

Struggled to find a replacement for McCann, obviously tried during the Jan window but money is always tight, realised Thicot was there and he's been good since he came in.

Deek is playing a different game, a lot more chasing back, not his normal game but Yogi has made him into a better all round player, and still scoring goals.

Yogi needs to shift about 4-5 players, with another 2 maybe moving on, we are not an overly wealthy club, so we have to be clever in the transfer market. So far he's brought in 3 very good players and strengthened the goalkeeping dept, had us hoping and pushing for top 3 for a while but realistically 4/5 is about where we should really be at this time.

All this and still there are punters like you who want instant success, win cups and get to Europe all in one season, well it just doesn't work like that and you and your like are the reason this club has been unable to progress, give the manager his 3 years and if he hasn't delivered, then get rid, not after 10 bloody months.:grr:

We can't go on appointing managers at the start of one season only to sack them half-way through the season following.

Sooner or later the board and the fans will have to agree to give the manager of the moment a chance to work through a difficult period without screaming for his dismissal.

"Sack the manager!"

"Who's the boss right now? Ian McCall?"

"Naw, that was yesterday. It's Tuesday - it must be Jimmy Calderwood. Naw, we sacked him at lunchtime - it's Mark McGhee now."

"Right. Sack McGhee!"

"Doh! Too late - he's gone. We'll have to sack Gareth Evans instead."

"Wis Gareth no sacked three weeks ago?"

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 09:58 AM

Of course i'm not happy at how things have gone recently, but i can see whats going on, and i'm saying what i am, looking at the bigger picture. I know we have a man in charge who will get it right. At the start of the season, all i wanted was progress. Hibs should be giving us a fight for Europe every season, and hopefully a couple of cup runs.

We are getting the fight for Europe, and to achieve this in his first season, Yogi deserves great credit. Something TQM has failed to give from the very first day. On our way back last week, we had 4 in the car, all with differing opinions, but at least they went. :bitchy: TQM could perhaps go to a few games, and then i'd take some notice of anything he said. Until such time, all it is is his agenda to get him out, and thats been going on since the day he was appointed.:bitchy:

matty_f
07-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Of course i'm not happy at how things have gone recently, but i can see whats going on, and i'm saying what i am, looking at the bigger picture. I know we have a man in charge who will get it right. At the start of the season, all i wanted was progress. Hibs should be giving us a fight for Europe every season, and hopefully a couple of cup runs.

We are getting the fight for Europe, and to achieve this in his first season, Yogi deserves great credit. Something TQM has failed to give from the very first day. On our way back last week, we had 4 in the car, all with differing opinions, but at least they went. :bitchy: TQM could perhaps go to a few games, and then i'd take some notice of anything he said. Until such time, all it is is his agenda to get him out, and thats been going on since the day he was appointed.:bitchy:

So...er.... you're no' having us on, then? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 10:02 AM
So...er.... you're no' having us on, then? :dunno:

No, i'm not having anyone on. I'm very happy the way the club is going, not so happy about the recent results, but happy enough to travel 8 hours for every game. Progress is happening, whats there not to be happy about?:confused::thumbsup::notworthy:

hibsbollah
07-04-2010, 10:03 AM

"Sack the manager!"

"Who's the boss right now? Ian McCall?"

"Naw, that was yesterday. It's Tuesday - it must be Jimmy Calderwood. Naw, we sacked him at lunchtime - it's Mark McGhee now."

"Right. Sack McGhee!"

"Doh! Too late - he's gone. We'll have to sack Gareth Evans instead."

"Wis Gareth no sacked three weeks ago?"

You know thoughts would then turn to Brian Laws; 'well he's got premiership experience':faf:

matty_f
07-04-2010, 10:04 AM
No, i'm not having anyone on. I'm very happy the way the club is going, not so happy about the recent results, but happy enough to travel 8 hours for every game. Progress is happening, whats there not to be happy about?:confused::thumbsup::notworthy:

I got that.:agree::wink:

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I got that.:agree::wink:

IN YOGI WE TRUST.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

StevieC
07-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Hope you enjoyed yersel' on Monday, S - sadly the Baggies have gifted the Toon the title.

I enjoyed it but other results took the shine off the night. I'd have prefered that our win would have won us promotion rather than Forest's inability to beat Cardiff. I've a horrible feeling that the title will be won by 'Boro getting a result against West Brom rather than us winning at Plymouth.

Gifted?? Nothing to do with our results and the unbeaten home record then?
:confused:

Still they've done pretty well for .. and to quote you .. a "joke team", "in a mess" with "their preperation a joke" and "no chance of getting out of the Championship", haven't they?

:wink:

Do you think Houghton will get his chance in the EPL?

Probably, he certainly deserves it. No guarantees though as I've heard that things are happening at the club .. it's a secret though and I'm not allowed to tell anyone.

:shhhsh!:

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 10:20 AM

Nonsense - the lot of it. I have been 5 times this season - plus a pre-season at Dunfermline. Hope to see 2 more - this week and Tannadeechee post split. I have watched every live game, and several on Alba. I cannot recall missing any highlights bar the recent Yams debacle. I think that's more than enough to judge tbh. It is certainly similar number to time under Mixu and there is little difference .. indeed Yogi's has better tools to work with!

Yer (still) at it! :wink: Or you have indeed found happy pills :cool2:

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 10:25 AM
I enjoyed it but other results took the shine off the night. I'd have prefered that our win would have won us promotion rather than Forest's inability to beat Cardiff. I've a horrible feeling that the title will be won by 'Boro getting a result against West Brom rather than us winning at Plymouth.

Gifted?? Nothing to do with our results and the unbeaten home record then?
:confused:

:fishin:

The best team's won fair and square :agree:

Probably, he certainly deserves it. No guarantees though as I've heard that things are happening at the club .. it's a secret though and I'm not allowed to tell anyone. :shhhsh!:

I agree - he has achieved the best he could. I heard a commentator on TalkSport (North East - Graham Courteney I think) saying Houghton could be replaced by Ashley. That would out of order IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Nonsense - the lot of it. I have been 5 times this season - plus a pre-season at Dunfermline. Hope to see 2 more - this week and Tannadeechee post split. I have watched every live game, and several on Alba. I cannot recall missing any highlights bar the recent Yams debacle. I think that's more than enough to judge tbh. It is certainly similar number to time under Mixu and there is little difference .. indeed Yogi's has better tools to work with!

Well done, that gets you a full uberfanny membership. :faf: Better tools to work with than Mixu. :confused: If thats right, and i will dispute that, i'd hope Yogi would make better use of these better players, and get us challenging for Europe, something Mixu didnt, are we?

--------
07-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Probably, he certainly deserves it. No guarantees though as I've heard that things are happening at the club .. it's a secret though and I'm not allowed to tell anyone.

Oh dear....

Here we go again.... :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Well done, that gets you a full uberfanny membership. :faf: Better tools to work with than Mixu. :confused: If thats right, and i will dispute that, i'd hope Yogi would make better use of these better players, and get us challenging for Europe, something Mixu didnt, are we?

Do you have kids?

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Still they've done pretty well for .. and to quote you .. a "joke team", "in a mess" with "their preperation a joke" and "no chance of getting out of the Championship", haven't they?

S - I don't recall saying the latter however just shows the right man doesn't need time :wink:

StevieC
07-04-2010, 10:33 AM
I heard a commentator on TalkSport saying Houghton could be replaced by Ashley.

RUBBISH!!! :grr:

Unless he's been doing his coaching courses on the sly? :hmmm:

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 10:36 AM

Do you have kids?

Just you.

StevieC
07-04-2010, 10:38 AM
S - I don't recall saying the latter

It must be an age thing ... maybe this will help jog your memory ..

They're a joke

I cannot see them getting out of the Championship next season - their 'preparation' is a joke! If I was interested in buying - I wouldn't - as I think Ashley might take them into an even weaker (thus cheaper to buy) position.

What a mess!

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Just you.

Then you have no context to comment - unlike me as I have been, seen and didnae like.

I am also not alone and there is growing discontent.

I don't need to go to Fratton Park to tell ye Pompey are pants do I?

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 10:39 AM
It must be an age thing ... maybe this will help jog your memory ..

Like I say, the right man does not need time

hibsbollah
07-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Then you have no context to comment - unlike me as I have been, seen and didnae like.

you've had kids but abandoned them?:confused:

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I may have missed the bits highlighted in red in the 400 or so posts TQM.

Are these the things that led you to state "There are issues behind the scenes but I'm not posting about them" ?

Who has Yogi squared up to ?

TQM - Please can you answer my questions ?? (Scroll up to my post at 9.58am this morning).

Cheers. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 10:45 AM

Pomey = hibs :faf::faf: I have 2 kids, both Hibs fans, they are happy they might be going to see hibs in europe next season, they are happy too.

Hibby D
07-04-2010, 10:54 AM

I know. That's why I called you a bad man :wink:

Has the bit that's not a secret and will come out soon enough come out yet?

That's the only bit I'm interested in.
I get sucked into things like that - I can't help it.
I HATE being the last to know.

Actually the squaring up bit too - that's quite a tasty morsel.

I'm hoping that these are two separate issues so that I can get all offended/excited/dismissive twice rather than just once.

I don't mind being the last to know - I hate being reminded that I'm not the first to know :greengrin

I've not seen any highlights this season that truly reflect what happened during the game - BBC highlights are complete tosh!

Seriously tho G - your opinion is as valid as the next poster here but all this "hush hush" stuff married with the "Get Yogi out" malarky winds people up - maybe that's your intention? :devil:

Keep your secrets for "The Gentleman's Club" and don't mention you're "in the know" unless you're prepared to tell just what it is you know.

Maybe then people will get off your back - although it doesn't look like it bothers you too much anyway :greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 11:10 AM
you've had kids but abandoned them?:confused:

Brilliant :faf: If only it was that easy! :wink: :greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 11:11 AM
TQM - Please can you answer my questions ?? (Scroll up to my post at 9.58am this morning).

Cheers. :thumbsup:

You have a PM.

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 11:13 AM
You have a PM.

No you don't!

"The Voice Of Reason has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 11:16 AM
I've not seen any highlights this season that truly reflect what happened during the game - BBC highlights are complete tosh!

Seriously tho G - your opinion is as valid as the next poster here but all this "hush hush" stuff married with the "Get Yogi out" malarky winds people up - maybe that's your intention? :devil:

Keep your secrets for "The Gentleman's Club" and don't mention you're "in the know" unless you're prepared to tell just what it is you know.

Maybe then people will get off your back - although it doesn't look like it bothers you too much anyway :greengrin

You mean we've been even worse! :dizzy:

Seriously, I have watched highlights and wondered if I was at the same game!

I am not bothered by others' views of me or my opinion. The prefers golf/Dens/Tannadice/doesnae go therefore doesnae have a valid opinion nonsense - is exactly that .. and it's no biggy

Dinkydoo
07-04-2010, 11:51 AM

It was a TWO horse race for the job - Hughes or Gannon - I didnt want Hughes. Hence the hat was in the Gannon ring.

I am not posting on the issues as I'll get the kinda pish you've posted above :bye: as I did with the East Stand etc.

......because Gannon did such a gid job at M'well :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
07-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Brilliant :faf: If only it was that easy! :wink: :greengrin

So what was the reference to blackpool's lack of kids all about? Were you questioning his fertility?:confused:

These keyboard feuds can be very confusing.

Jonnyboy
07-04-2010, 01:04 PM
So what was the reference to blackpool's lack of kids all about? Were you questioning his fertility?:confused:

I'm just curious as to how TQM has kids - after all, he's admitted his wife leaves her eggs on the sideboard :wink: :greengrin

oldbutdim
07-04-2010, 01:08 PM
No you don't!

"The Voice Of Reason has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

You didn't answer my questions either, so send the PM to me please.

I'll decide if I want to share it further.

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2010, 01:19 PM
No you don't!

Oops, sorry.....should have fixed it now. Try again please mate ! :thumbsup:

J-C
07-04-2010, 01:29 PM

If this is the case, why are you still going on about it, just dinnae come back then and let the rest of us enjoy being Hibs supporters without moaning gets like you bringing down every manager who doesn't win everything instantly.

oldbutdim
07-04-2010, 02:03 PM
You didn't answer my questions either, so send the PM to me please.

I'll decide if I want to share it further.

Crikey.

That's dynamite.
It's just a matter of time before that becomes common knowledge, and then there will be fireworks right enough.
I think you're right not to post the details. Between you and me there's no way most of the regulars on here could deal with that sort of information without crashing the servers with their splutterings on here.
Best just to keep it to ourselves just now; the hoi polloi will no doubt get to hear eventually but it won't be from me.

oldbutdim
07-04-2010, 02:03 PM
****!

How do you reply to a Private Message?

Admins………….. can somebody help me here?

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 02:11 PM

My kids' needs mean I have limited opps on a Saturday to get to games :boo hoo:

I wondered if he'd same obligations - that's all.

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 02:11 PM
If this is the case, why are you still going on about it, just dinnae come back then and let the rest of us enjoy being Hibs supporters without moaning gets like you bringing down every manager who doesn't win everything instantly.

If you post the same to every other 'moaner' :wink:

Sergio sledge
07-04-2010, 02:28 PM
S - I don't recall saying the latter however just shows the right man doesn't need time :wink:

Exuse me for butting in...:wink: But Hughton has been at Newcastle for a couple of years now, working with the squad day in day out, knows the character of the players, how well or badly they respond to different things, and what their strong points and shortcomings are. He also had the biggest wage budget in the Championship.

I'm not trying to downplay his achievement, but highlight that his situation is totally different to a new manager and assistants coming into the job from a different club and having to learn all this stuff from scratch, whilst also trying to get results out of the team.

Any team with budget constraints such as we have, and competing in the league we compete in has to have time to build a team, because he cannot go out an throw money at getting a whole new team in a couple of transfer windows, and so needs to test and learn about his players while on the job.

J-C
07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
If you post the same to every other 'moaner' :wink:

Not every moaner harps on and on and on and on etc etc.

If you are so unhappy about Hibs, the team, the manager then find another hobby or past time that won't get you are tensed up and makes you feel so negative all the time.

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Not every moaner harps on and on and on and on etc etc.

If you are so unhappy about Hibs, the team, the manager then find another hobby or past time that won't get you are tensed up and makes you feel so negative all the time.

Its in the blood though

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Its in the blood though

Aye, once every 10 weeks or so.

Jonnyboy
07-04-2010, 02:38 PM
****!

How do you reply to a Private Message?

Admins………….. can somebody help me here?

Once the message is opened you get a box to type your reply and then you scroll down to the send button

Hibby D
07-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Crikey.

That's dynamite.
It's just a matter of time before that becomes common knowledge, and then there will be fireworks right enough.
I think you're right not to post the details. Between you and me there's no way most of the regulars on here could deal with that sort of information without crashing the servers with their splutterings on here.
Best just to keep it to ourselves just now; the hoi polloi will no doubt get to hear eventually but it won't be from me.

:hilarious :top marks

I love this thread :greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Aye, once every 10 weeks or so.

:boo hoo:

Hibby D
07-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Once the message is opened you get a box to type your reply and then you scroll down to the send button

Jonnyboy
07-04-2010, 02:51 PM

Jeezo, I need to get a life :greengrin

Jonnyboy
07-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Jeezo, I need to get a life :greengrin

I've realised what my problem is now.

I've no info to keep secret and refuse to share with you all and so I can't start a thread about it because I don't have any :agree:

StevieC
07-04-2010, 02:58 PM
I've no info to keep secret and refuse to share with you all and so I can't start a thread about it because I don't have any

You should have kept that quiet.

Jonnyboy
07-04-2010, 03:01 PM
You should have kept that quiet.

Ooops :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 03:21 PM
My kids' needs mean I have limited opps on a Saturday to get to games :boo hoo:

I wondered if he'd same obligations - that's all.

I have limited opportunity to get to games, like time. A typical day for a 3 O'clock kick off is up at 8am, a bit of breakfast, then pick up the others. Leave preston by 9am, drive up. Go for dinner then the game. Home by 8 sometimes 9pm. Midweek games we get home around 2 am. And you sometimes golf when Hibs are playing, do your kids not need you then?:confused:

greenlex
07-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Is this bloody thread still on the first page!!!!!!!.......

.......... oops bugger!!

hibee_nation
07-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I have limited opportunity to get to games, like time. A typical day for a 3 O'clock kick off is up at 8am, a bit of breakfast, then pick up the others. Leave preston by 9am, drive up. Go for dinner then the game. Home by 8 sometimes 9pm. Midweek games we get home around 2 am. And you sometimes golf when Hibs are playing, do your kids not need you then?:confused:

They are carrying the clubs. :greengrin

--------
07-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Exuse me for butting in...:wink: But Hughton has been at Newcastle for a couple of years now, working with the squad day in day out, knows the character of the players, how well or badly they respond to different things, and what their strong points and shortcomings are. He also had the biggest wage budget in the Championship.

I'm not trying to downplay his achievement, but highlight that his situation is totally different to a new manager and assistants coming into the job from a different club and having to learn all this stuff from scratch, whilst also trying to get results out of the team.

Any team with budget constraints such as we have, and competing in the league we compete in has to have time to build a team, because he cannot go out an throw money at getting a whole new team in a couple of transfer windows, and so needs to test and learn about his players while on the job.

:top marks Well said, sergio. :agree:

I've realised what my problem is now.

I've no info to keep secret and refuse to share with you all and so I can't start a thread about it because I don't have any :agree:

Why don't you join the Masons, J?

Then you'd have LOTS of secrets to start any number of "Nudge-nudge, guess what I know" threads and most of us wouldn't have a clue what you were on about.

Not that we've much of a clue what you're on about usually....... :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
07-04-2010, 04:31 PM
:top marks Well said, sergio. :agree:

Why don't you join the Masons, J?

Then you'd have LOTS of secrets to start any number of "Nudge-nudge, guess what I know" threads and most of us wouldn't have a clue what you were on about.

Not that we've much of a clue what you're on about usually....... :rolleyes:

My plan's working then :greengrin

--------
07-04-2010, 04:51 PM
My plan's working then :greengrin

Eh?

AW... RIGHT! :agree:

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 05:26 PM

I golf 7am/7.30am - 11am/11.30am Sundays .. I usually dash from their to watch my son playing football. I dont golf on Saturdays - other pressures as explained.

hibsbollah
07-04-2010, 05:27 PM
I golf 7am/7.30am - 11am/11.30am Sundays .. I usually dash from their to watch my son playing football. I dont golf on Saturdays - other pressures as explained.

What do you normally have for breakfast?

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Perhaps if you golfed less, you'd have more time to spend with the kids, freeing up some time to watch Hibs. Although 5 times a season is sufficient to judge whats going on, with the manager you never wanted.

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Perhaps if you golfed less, you'd have more time to spend with the kids, freeing up some time to watch Hibs. Although 5 times a season is sufficient to judge whats going on, with the manager you never wanted.

That's why I golf so early - so I can get to ER occasionally, and they're asleep (mostly) when I'm golfing (once a week during the footy season).

I admire the effort you've to put into see Hibs, G - it is commendable :agree:

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 05:48 PM
That's why I golf so early - so I can get to ER occasionally, and they're asleep (mostly) when I'm golfing (once a week during the footy season).

I admire the effort you've to put into see Hibs, G - it is commendable :agree:

Unlike the effort you are making, in doing your best to undermine the club. Issues, conspiracy's.:faf:

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Unlike the effort you are making, in doing your best to undermine the club. Issues, conspiracy's.:faf:

Especially commendable given the pish on show :devil:

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 06:13 PM

What 5 games have you been to this season?

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2010, 06:58 PM

Do you have kids?

I do.

My oldest's been to more games than you this season - she's happy with the improvements Yogi's made BTW. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I do.

My oldest's been to more games than you this season - she's happy with the improvements Yogi's made BTW. :wink:

My lad lives in St albans, he's spent the last 3 months in Thailand, and he's been to one less game than TQM.:faf:

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh dear .. I don't need a lot of games to recognise pish :bye:

Hibby D
07-04-2010, 07:25 PM

That's the sort of statement I'd expect to hear from a yam Garry. If that really is how you feel why are you bothering about coming back?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 07:30 PM

Here, the last one must be worn out by now.:faf:

Beefster
07-04-2010, 07:42 PM

Unless all 5 of your games have been since the middle of February, did you recognise how well we were doing before that?

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Unless all 5 of your games have been since the middle of February, did you recognise how well we were doing before that?

No he did not, not a peep then.

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2010, 08:00 PM

Still no answer to what 5 games you actually attended.:confused:

Cabbage1875
07-04-2010, 08:14 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A65449966

I posted this on BBC 606 when we were doing well under my DavidVanGantin username over there. Some folk can see past the facts of league positions and look beyond it. We havent played well for much of the season, Im sure even the most staunch happy clapper would admit that.

IWasThere2016
07-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Still no answer to what 5 games you actually attended.:confused:

As my no 1 stalker, I'd have thought you'd know :wink:

Why does it matter - you've discointed my opinion as I haven't been to a certain number of games.

I have raised valid points - endorsed by others and some of these posters will have seen more games than you - so by your rational their opinions outweigh yours.

I am pleased for you that you see progress - why you've gone one extreme to another in the space of a few nonths is beyond me as I see no difference in the quality of football. This was your biggest issue last season and rightly so.

So we can agree to disagree as even when I paid you a compliment earlier and it was returned with an insult and frankly it is tiring.

Have a good one.

marinello59
07-04-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A65449966

I posted this on BBC 606 when we were doing well under my DavidVanGantin username over there. Some folk can see past the facts of league positions and look beyond it. We havent played well for much of the season, Im sure even the most staunch happy clapper would admit that.

Great user name.:bitchy:

Cabbage1875
07-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Great user name.:bitchy:

Its half tongue in cheek, no vitriol intended.

Good to see you picked up on that rather than the content, though.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-04-2010, 08:44 PM
You're all pricks (this may or may not be more specifically aimed at admins).

Thanks.

marinello59
07-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Its half tongue in cheek, no vitriol intended.

Good to see you picked up on that rather than the content, though.

It does sort of indicate that you are a glass half empty kind of supporter though.

You mentioned Happy Clappers. I don't think that anybody who still supports Yogi should be described by default as a Happy Clapper. It's a lazy way of ridiculing the views of those with an opinion different from your own. (Similar to the oft used PC brigade jibe.:greengrin)
I want to see Yogi remain in position but I am far from happy with what has been seen on the pitch recently. Replacing a manager every season just seems like lunacy to me though. Yogi sees what we see. He will make moves to fix it.

matty_f
07-04-2010, 08:54 PM
It does sort of indicate that you are a glass half empty kind of supporter though.

You mentioned Happy Clappers. I don't think that anybody who still supports Yogi should be described by default as a Happy Clapper. It's a lazy way of ridiculing the views of those with an opinion different from your own. (Similar to the oft used PC brigade jibe.:greengrin)
I want to see Yogi remain in position but I am far from happy with what has been seen on the pitch recently. Replacing a manager every season just seems like lunacy to me though. Yogi sees what we see. He will make moves to fix it.

:top marks

I cannae stand the 'happy clapper' pish.

One Day Soon
07-04-2010, 09:01 PM
WTF? I cannot believe that this thread is still going. Either its turned into a TQM hunt or everyone's decided this is the only therapy that can exorcise watching pish on 't park.

hibsbollah
07-04-2010, 09:02 PM
WTF? I cannot believe that this thread is still going. Either its turned into a TQM hunt or everyone's decided this is the only therapy that can exorcise watching pish on 't park.

I think theres something going on behind the scenes:agree:

Cabbage1875
07-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Not at all, I actually made the account in jest, and lets not beat about the bush here. David Van Zanten was pants. :devil:

Ok, not 'happy clapper' then. The 'opposite of doom and gloomers' is that any better?

I'm not in the Yogi out brigade either, I just do not like what I have seen and for other fans on here to say that like minded people are 'ridiculous' and 'only after instant success' is also a lazy and jaded view for me.

Thanks for getting past the 606 username :wink:

--------
07-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I think there's something going on behind the scenes:agree:

But let me guess - you can't go into details? :cool2:

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2010, 09:05 PM

There is only one person to blame for this thread going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...................PETRIE ! :grr: