PDA

View Full Version : Oi Cropley

KWJ
01-04-2010, 05:41 AM
You say we'll not finish 3rd or 4th and it's 6th place here we come.

£50 that Hibs will finish above Hearts this season.

Suppose it should be for charity huh rather than my beer kitty too

If you wanna find another 9 of your YOGIGTF mob which shouldn't be too hard it's only a fiver.

Money where mouth is and all that.

:notworthy:

bighairyfaeleith
01-04-2010, 05:51 AM
:I'm waiti

Cropley10
01-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Nah I've had a rethink. We're still challenging for third. Everything's fine this is just a wee blip.

The fact that we've only beaten two teams in the Top 6 is irrelevant - Yogi just needs time to get his ideas across.:bye:

KWJ
01-04-2010, 10:33 AM
so...

... you're game?:hnet:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-04-2010, 11:30 AM
You say we'll not finish 3rd or 4th and it's 6th place here we come.

£50 that Hibs will finish above Hearts this season.

Not that I've got the slightest interest in betting on Hearts to finish above Hibs, but, why would anyone want to take your bet at EVENS, surely the worlds tightest Bookie would offer better odds than that for a team that is 10 Pts behind with a handful of games left!

hibeemikey21
01-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Not that I've got the slightest interest in betting on Hearts to finish above Hibs, but, why would anyone want to take your bet at EVENS, surely the worlds tightest Bookie would offer better odds than that for a team that is 10 Pts behind with a handful of games left!

Yeah, I think keithwright is attempting to be a bit of a bigshot here! Calling someone out for a bet where the proceeds go to charity is a bit low cos there is a lot of pressure on the other person to take you up on it. On top of that, you are proposing such a ludicrously one sided bet. How about I bet you £100 that Portsmouth get relegated?

Disco Dave
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Nah I've had a rethink. We're still challenging for third. Everything's fine this is just a wee blip.

The fact that we've only beaten two teams in the Top 6 is irrelevant - Yogi just needs time to get his ideas across.:bye:

Well why won't you take it then if everything if so bad? I think you just like a wee moan about anything and everything.

hibeenicol
01-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I think keithwright is attempting to be a bit of a bigshot here! Calling someone out for a bet where the proceeds go to charity is a bit low cos there is a lot of pressure on the other person to take you up on it. On top of that, you are proposing such a ludicrously one sided bet. How about I bet you £100 that Portsmouth get relegated?

Cropley10 mentioned he would donate money to charity if hibs finished 3rd or 4th. Keith wright is just taking him up on that offer.

KWJ
02-04-2010, 06:32 AM
I know it's a one sided bet but some on here are so negative and seem confident we'll finish 6th. Cropley was the one I picked up going off when he could with such pessimism. I'm trying to see if they'll put their money on the line or would prefer to just slag the team off when the opportunity arises.

I brought charity into it as pocketing myself is a bit low, especially as you said with the odds at hand, was not meant to be a guilt trip.

Didn't seem to work anyway huh.

I'd even be willing to go as far as Hibs will be playing European football next season over the Hearts bet.

hibiedude
02-04-2010, 07:06 AM
4th spot will be a fight between us and Motherwell because I expect United to be 8 points clear come Monday night

We have Celtic this week' Motherwell have Falkirk so in all probability we will be 5th before the weekend ends.

Sticking money on what Hibs mite or mite not achieve this season is not a bet I would take up

Sticking money on Yogi insistences on Playing the dreaded 4-3-3 formation and dropping our top striker (stokes) for no apparent reason’ now that’s something I am interested in.

And for the record the yams will not finish above us this season

Cropley10
02-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Well why won't you take it then if everything if so bad? I think you just like a wee moan about anything and everything.

I don't care what you think:bye::jamboak:

KWJ
02-04-2010, 08:16 AM
boo hiss!

Say something good about Yogi, go on, I dare ya ! :wink:

GGTTH

mcfly
02-04-2010, 09:55 AM
have you been watching hibs recently??

take off your green tinted glasses and get real......we are dire, carry too many paasengers, players in the wrong position ie thicot.

yogi doesnt know who his best goalie is
why sign gow when we are desperate for a bit dig in midfield

i cant see who we will beat the rest of the season.

hibiedude
02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
have you been watching hibs recently??

take off your green tinted glasses and get real......we are dire, carry too many paasengers, players in the wrong position ie thicot.

yogi doesnt know who his best goalie is
why sign gow when we are desperate for a bit dig in midfield

i cant see who we will beat the rest of the season.

We are getting ready for the spilt and we cant beat the bottom half teams so what makes some people think we can beat the top teams. :confused:

opps I forgot we play better when were up against better opposition :devil:

Like yourself mate I cant see were the next 3 points are coming from' I hope its on Sunday but mind you I'm also hoping my lottery numbers are going to be up on Saturday evening. :greengrin

KWJ
02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo you don't think that there will be European fitbaw at ER next season?

£50 sure?

hibiedude
02-04-2010, 11:06 AM
No I don't think we will be playing European football next season because apart from 20 minutes in the United I have seen and heard nothing new coming out of Easter Road.

Yogi tells us that we have goalscorers at our club and he's right we do' but explain why our top goalscorer (Stokes 20 Goals so far this season) was a sub the other night.

I know this site is split in 2 on the topic of Yogi but Cmon give us a break we are rank rotten at this moment and we are getting ready to play the top 5 sides in the league.

So keep your money in your pocket unless your minted :devil:

KWJ
02-04-2010, 11:53 AM
No I don't think we will be playing European football next season because apart from 20 minutes in the United I have seen and heard nothing new coming out of Easter Road.

Yogi tells us that we have goalscorers at our club and he's right we do' but explain why our top goalscorer (Stokes 20 Goals so far this season) was a sub the other night.

I know this site is split in 2 on the topic of Yogi but Cmon give us a break we are rank rotten at this moment and we are getting ready to play the top 5 sides in the league.

So keep your money in your pocket unless your minted :devil:

because he had a cold and wasn't fit enough for a full game.

I reckon we've got enough in the kitty already to see us into Europe and should only need to pick up about 3 points to confirm it.

I hope we'll do enough to finish 3rd or 4th and I admit 3rd is going to require some turn around in results but it's still plausible.

I'm far from rich but I don't see how people can say we aren't going to finish with a European spot and my views seem to be backed up by nobody putting up dosh but instead nibbling away with digs.

hibiedude
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
because he had a cold and wasn't fit enough for a full game.

I reckon we've got enough in the kitty already to see us into Europe and should only need to pick up about 3 points to confirm it.

I hope we'll do enough to finish 3rd or 4th and I admit 3rd is going to require some turn around in results but it's still plausible.

I'm far from rich but I don't see how people can say we aren't going to finish with a European spot and my views seem to be backed up by nobody putting up dosh but instead nibbling away with digs.

If I wanted to make money why would I bet with you when the bookie gives better odds :confused: that could be the reason you have no takers.

And i'm not having a dig :wink:

KWJ
02-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Would the bookies even give odds on Hibs not reaching Europe? If they did you're right they would be bloody long. Bookies usually right.

So is it accepted then that we'll be in Europe next year. And surely that is progression and a good season. Yes a disappointing run in but good none the less. 5th and europe is the 3rd worst case scenario but still sounds pretty nice.

hibiedude
02-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Would the bookies even give odds on Hibs not reaching Europe? If they did you're right they would be bloody long. Bookies usually right.

So is it accepted then that we'll be in Europe next year. And surely that is progression and a good season. Yes a disappointing run in but good none the less. 5th and europe is the 3rd worst case scenario but still sounds pretty nice.

IF we make Europe then yes it would be seen as progression but if we fail then what ?

hibeemikey21
02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Why is no-one taking me up on my Pompey bet?

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
[/B]

If I wanted to make money why would I bet with you when the bookie gives better odds :confused: that could be the reason you have no takers.

And i'm not having a dig :wink:

That was my point as well! :agree:

greenlex
02-04-2010, 01:40 PM
We are getting ready for the spilt and we cant beat the bottom half teams so what makes some people think we can beat the top teams. :confused:

opps I forgot we play better when were up against better opposition :devil:

Like yourself mate I cant see were the next 3 points are coming from' I hope its on Sunday but mind you I'm also hoping my lottery numbers are going to be up on Saturday evening. :greengrin

Other than one Derby who is beating us regularly from the bottom six? :confused:

ekhibee
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I actually think there is a very good chance of us going into Europe next season, 5th place might well be good enough if it's DU v Celtic in the Scottish Cup Final. We still need to make a lot of changes before then though.

Wilson
02-04-2010, 04:25 PM
That we'll likely finish above Hearts is all we've got left to cling to now. That is a poor reflection on our form over the last few weeks. A couple of weeks ago we were to stop moaning because we were challenging for third and still in a cup. Now we've to console ourselves with just being better than that shower in maroon. Nobody is giving us a hope for third despite it being mathematically possible. Sad.

How quickly your expectations get driven down following hibs.

hibiedude
02-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Other than one Derby who is beating us regularly from the bottom six? :confused:

Lately, St Johnstone-Motherwell- Hearts to name 3 and all these teams are below us at this moment.

greenlex
02-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Lately, St Johnstone-Motherwell- Hearts to name 3 and all these teams are below us at this moment.
Thats not what you said though you said bottom six.
Only St Johnstone are bottom six and they seem to be our Bogey team this year.

What other Bottom six teams have beaten us?
I will save you the bother. Hamilton beat us once and thats it for the bottom six teams other than St Johnstone who I covered earlier.
So we can actually compete against bottom six teams. Its the other teams this half of the league we have really struggled with.