PDA

View Full Version : Get a Life and give Yogi your support

Wellbankhibby
01-04-2010, 02:07 AM
I am sick to death at some of our so called supporters. Ok we are all entitled to our opinion but it is laughable to be calling for yogi's head already. The man has made it quite clear that he is rebuilding the team and it takes time. He has made some excellent signings and in my opinion we are improving. Alright we have had some very poor results since the start of the year losing to the yams, Ross county and Utd at home but we also had excellent results beating celtic at parkhead or do some of you forget the good results. I did'nt notice anyone asking for yogi's head when we were doing exceptionally well. We are lacking confidence just now and there is no doubt in my mind we are not hard enough physically and mentally. let yogi get on with rebuilding the team after all he is a lifelong hibee like all of us. He should be looking to sign some hard tackling ball winners as I see this as our main problem we are not hard enough. Look at the season as a whole we are in 4th place at the moment 10 points clear of our neighbours, I bet they would rather be in our position. Come on Guys get behind the team and Yogi and stop moaning. I live in the Dundee area and some of you are starting to sound like Dundee and Dundee Utd supporters, MOAN,MOAN,MOAN. Get a life. As for all you so called supporters who are calling for Yogi's head list who you would have as a Manager. Get a grip of yourselves. :grr:

haggisbaws
01-04-2010, 02:46 AM
well said about time we got real he has to get some new talent in though some of the guys just now are not up to the task

:hnet: :thumbsup:

MoantheCabbage
01-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Good post mate.

Im not a happy clapper or a doom and gloomer more a realist. This is Yogi's first season in charge and excluding the last month or so has done an excellent job. You cant walk into a new job and make them winners it takes time, look at any of the long serving managers at clubs and you will always see a rocky start.

For me the players have lost confidence no one wants to put their foot on the ball and it shows. I know its Yogi's job to pick them up and get them going again but as others have said on here already we have beaten last years tally already so there is improvement. Lets see what happens in the summer and we can make a better judgement next season when the team should be his and he should have stamped his full authority.

Fifer
01-04-2010, 07:19 AM
I am sick to death at some of our so called supporters. Ok we are all entitled to our opinion but it is laughable to be calling for yogi's head already. The man has made it quite clear that he is rebuilding the team and it takes time. He has made some excellent signings and in my opinion we are improving. Alright we have had some very poor results since the start of the year losing to the yams, Ross county and Utd at home but we also had excellent results beating celtic at parkhead or do some of you forget the good results. I did'nt notice anyone asking for yogi's head when we were doing exceptionally well. We are lacking confidence just now and there is no doubt in my mind we are not hard enough physically and mentally. let yogi get on with rebuilding the team after all he is a lifelong hibee like all of us. He should be looking to sign some hard tackling ball winners as I see this as our main problem we are not hard enough. Look at the season as a whole we are in 4th place at the moment 10 points clear of our neighbours, I bet they would rather be in our position. Come on Guys get behind the team and Yogi and stop moaning. I live in the Dundee area and some of you are starting to sound like Dundee and Dundee Utd supporters, MOAN,MOAN,MOAN. Get a life. As for all you so called supporters who are calling for Yogi's head list who you would have as a Manager. Get a grip of yourselves. :grr:
:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
01-04-2010, 08:16 AM

So fans are not allowed to voice their concerns now? Are you the new chief spokesman?:confused:

down the slope
01-04-2010, 08:18 AM

Nah.

Craig_in_Prague
01-04-2010, 08:20 AM
So fans are not allowed to voice their concerns now? Are you the new chief spokesman?:confused:

:agree:

And naming a thread: "Get a life"

Nice :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
01-04-2010, 08:21 AM
:agree:

And naming a thread: "Get a life"

Nice :rolleyes:

I know, telling the people who watch the team to get a life, you could not make it up:greengrin

Steve20
01-04-2010, 08:40 AM

Ok, so we shouldn't be allowed opinions. Fair enough. Close the messageboard down.

Dr Jimmy
01-04-2010, 08:42 AM
I have a life and NO

sambajustice
01-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Hibs have been pish all season and I defy anyone to say any different!

At the start of the season when we beat St Johnstone 3-0 I went to meet my uncle and some other relatives (who hadnt been at the game) for a few beers. they asked what Hibs were like, thinking they'd played well, I told them Hibs were garbage and I've got no idea how we managed that result. Think they were a bit taken aback! Then what happened a couple of days later? They turned us over 3-0 at ER!!

Infact even earlier than that I watched the Celtic game at ER and it looked as if Hibs had the 10 men and were 1-0 up!!

This isn't some crap form thats just hit us in the last few weeks, we've been honking all season, its just that we got lucky in the first half of the season and a couple of lucky SC draws!

I dunno what the problem is because we definitely have a few decent players but maybe not enough. Its not the park, Motherwell seemed to do ok on their 10 game unbeaten run on their swamp of a park. To not beat the worst Hearts team in quite a few years is a bit of a joke.

By all accounts there's been a few games where we've been outplayed for most of the match but managed to get a win. If our luck had run out/bubble burst around October time instead of around new year then we could well have been down there scrapping it out with Falkirk and Killie!

Hibs cant just keep sacking managers every season so I have no idea what the answer is.

Scottish Football is a complete eyesore so maybe it should be a case of "if you cant beat them, join them" and follow the Levein Hearts/United "model" which is basically get in 9 or 10 big guys, get them well organised and hard to beat. Then try get 1 or 2 silky/tricky/technical/your word here type players!

In a nutshell - We're crap!!!

Speedway
01-04-2010, 09:01 AM

Yes, he is, I nominate him. Everyone else, shush.

Ok, so we shouldn't be allowed opinions. Fair enough. Close the messageboard down.

Nope, keep it open, but ban the moaners and just have 5 users on here instead. I'd like that.

heretoday
01-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Hear Hear! Get behind the big man and the team. It's the only way.

Don't be part of the short attention span I want it now society.

down the slope
01-04-2010, 10:33 AM

That's all very well but i want it now because i've hardly ever had it !, plus getting behind the big man means me forking out another £400 , nae chance.

SRHibs
01-04-2010, 10:39 AM
I think alot of us have always had reservations about Yogi's managerial ability, but kept schtum due to the fact that we were fluking wins left, right and centre.

Phil D. Rolls
01-04-2010, 10:42 AM
I know, telling the people who watch the team to get a life, you could not make it up:greengrin

Yes, spending all your cash supporting a football team is a clear sign that your life is completely balanced. I'm surprised some mad PC b*gger hasn't made it compulsory. :greengrin

I agree totally, I believe we have to....oh, wait Bargain Hunt is about to start.

houston1875
01-04-2010, 10:43 AM

well said
:thumbsup:

down the slope
01-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Let him try a novel approach like putting a team on the park that entertains and has a slight semblance of what it's doing then maybe we will stop moaning-controversial i know but it's worth a try.

Phil MaGlass
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
I will be back in Scotland next weekend and this is the first time I have ever NOT planned to take in a Hibs game while Im back(might have missed one during the end of the Mixu era?). Apathy, yir right ,back the team, done it all ma life but after the recent gutless performances and rank pi55 poor management, it just isnt worth the hassle or my cash.Season ticket on the last 3 months performances, yir huvvin a laff. The message board is going into meltdown and ahm off for lunch.

Wellbankhibby
02-04-2010, 12:22 AM
if you bothered to read the post It states clearly that we are all allowed our opinions. the problem with some of our supporters are they have very short memories. think back to Bobby Williamson, Alex Millar and further back especially Bertie Auld thinking we were world beaters securing a 0-0 draw with dundee at dens park. all i am asking is that we give yogi a bit of time. If he is not successful then i will be first to write that I was wrong.

Captain Trips
02-04-2010, 12:37 AM
if you bothered to read the post It states clearly that we are all allowed our opinions. the problem with some of our supporters are they have very short memories. think back to Bobby Williamson, Alex Millar and further back especially Bertie Auld thinking we were world beaters securing a 0-0 draw with dundee at dens park. all i am asking is that we give yogi a bit of time. If he is not successful then i will be first to write that I was wrong.

Nothing to do with short memory, its looking back in general thats the problem, we should be looking forward and putting over 100yrs of no Scottish cup and 50yrs of League wins behind us. Easy to benchmark dross like Williamson or Duffy to compare to now.

I can argue the problem with some fans is they say we havent won League in years so why should we challenge now.

On Hughes I think needs a lot more time and it should be given.

Wellbankhibby
02-04-2010, 12:53 AM
Nothing to do with short memory, its looking back in general thats the problem, we should be looking forward and putting over 100yrs of no Scottish cup and 50yrs of League wins behind us. Easy to benchmark dross like Williamson or Duffy to compare to now.

I can argue the problem with some fans is they say we havent won League in years so why should we challenge now.

On Hughes I think needs a lot more time and it should be given.

Well said Man Utd gave Alex ferguson time look what he did for them. As true Hibs fans we should all get behind the team and the Manager. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2010, 04:03 AM

You have named the post "Get a Life and give Yogi your support"....

A bit derogatory if you ask me.....

hibiedude
02-04-2010, 05:35 AM
You have named the post "Get a Life and give Yogi your support"....

A bit derogatory if you ask me.....

He also makes the classic quote' As true Hibs fans we should all get behind the team

Does that mean if you question Yogi's ability to turn things around you lose your status as a Hibs supporter.

It seems we have a lot of contenders for chief spokesman on the messageboard these days :blah: OPPS short attention span what was I talking about :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
02-04-2010, 05:43 AM
You can still support hibs and criticise them at the same time.

The facts are plain to see, we are garbage. the team has no structure, can't pass, can't tackle, no confidence and has one or two players who are not good enough.

However, if you look at the whole squad, and compare it to most squads in the spl it is much stronger.

I mean,

Wotherspoon
Murray
Bamba
Miller
Mcbride
Riordan
Stokes
Zemmama
Brown
Stack
Smith

All good enough to play in any spl team outside the old firm, and a few good enough to play for the old firm.

Ok I would probably empty nish and rankin, but not many others.

So if we have the squad then whats the problem?

I hope yogi figures it out cos like mixu before him I like the guy and want him to succeed. However if his formation and strategy against celtic is crap, I'll say it's crap and I won't be a so called supporter just because I have!!