PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Stokes

HibbyScott
01-04-2010, 12:50 AM
In amongst all the latest doom and gloom - just wanted to start a little positive thread congratulating Stokes on his 20th of the season today. Extremely good return considering the service he gets :thumbsup:

PeeJay
01-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Well said Stokesy indeed - heard on the Hibs TV last night that Deeks reckons he's set up 19 of them!! Brought a smile to my face that did! :agree:

noseyhibby
01-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Stokes is quality. Imagine his goals return if he were playing for a side of the quality of Dundee United -He'd be on 30 to 40 goals.
Thank heavens we have him and Deeks bailing us out as we'd be hovering around the relegation zone.

M8UDB
01-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Better make the most of him while he is here coz i cant see him being here for long. Deek and Stokes up front in a 4-4-2 anyone? :cool2:

DH1875
02-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Better make the most of him while he is here coz i cant see him being here for long. Deek and Stokes up front in a 4-4-2 anyone? :cool2:

:agree::thumbsup:.

Only hope and pray he is here for next season.

Reaper
02-04-2010, 01:58 PM
:agree::thumbsup:.

Only hope and pray he is here for next season.

Definately mate. Great player and with a full pre season under his belt he'll hopefully be even better next season.

HenryMonk
02-04-2010, 02:04 PM
well done stokes:notworthy: and if you take away boyds penalties he would be leading scorer....i think:agree:

hibeeleicester
02-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Stokes is quality. Imagine his goals return if he were playing for a side of the quality of Dundee United -He'd be on 30 to 40 goals.
Thank heavens we have him and Deeks bailing us out as we'd be hovering around the relegation zone.

And if Rangers didnt have their best players they would aswell. As Would Celtic. As would the Yams. etc.

Hibernian Verse
02-04-2010, 02:22 PM
He's only 3 behind Boyd for the season so hopefully he can push on and overtake him. Unlikely but possible!

hibsboy90
02-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Goal was offside anyways.....:grr: :wink:

Simkin911
02-04-2010, 04:50 PM
It's a great return from a player who hadn't been playing regularly for a couple of seasons AND also considering the number of times we've resorted to playing the long, high balls for him.

He's a star and I'd love to see him develop further and then reward Hibs with a big transfer fee when he eventually moves on.

California-Hibs
02-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Anthony Stokes is class, enough said. :agree:

Allant1981
02-04-2010, 05:35 PM

Although the score was not great the other night, utd are not that much better if at all better than hibs

KeithTheHibby
02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Although the score was not great the other night, utd are not that much better if at all better than hibs

Well we have played them 3 times and failed to beat them.

I have seen all three games, none of them we deserved to win so I don't understand your logic.

United are a better team at the moment quite easily, that is a fact.

Allant1981
02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Well we have played them 3 times and failed to beat them.

I have seen all three games, none of them we deserved to win so I don't understand your logic.

United are a better team at the moment quite easily, that is a fact.

player for player hibs are a better team than utd, just because hibs are in a slump right now doesnt mean utd are a better team, as for your statement about playing them 3 times and not winning any 3 this makes them a better team, what a load of crap. So if Burnley played Man Utd twice in a season and beat them twice does this mean Burnley are a better team than Man Utd?

Pedantic_Hibee
02-04-2010, 05:58 PM
player for player hibs are a better team than utd, just because hibs are in a slump right now doesnt mean utd are a better team, as for your statement about playing them 3 times and not winning any 3 this makes them a better team, what a load of crap. So if Burnley played Man Utd twice in a season and beat them twice does this mean Burnley are a better team than Man Utd?

Yes, yes it does :agree:

I think we beat Barcelona once though so surely we Lorded it over them for a while prior to them beating us 73v0 at Murrayfield two years ago?