PDA

View Full Version : Wtf is going on..........

hibby4ever
31-03-2010, 11:09 PM
NO PASSION......NO HUNGER........NO INTEREST.......NO FIGHT......NO TEAM SPIRIT.....

NEED I GO ON THIS IS JUST SOME OF WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE TEAM YOGI HAS LOST THE DRESSING ROOM AND I CANT SEE HIM GETTING IT BACK HALF OF THE BLAME MUST GO TO THE HIBS BOARD AS I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKING NOTE FROM SAUZEE/COLLINS/MIXU ALL EX PLAYERS BUT NO THEY DECIDE TO GO FOR ANOTHER EX PLAYER DONT GET ME WRONG I DO LIKE YOGI AND HE IS A VERY NICE GUY BUT AS I SAID HE HAS LOST THE DRESSING ROOM AND THERE IS NO WAY HE IS GOING TO GET IT BACK ALSO I DONT THINK HE IS ABLE TO TAKE US ANYWHERE THE GUY IS TOO SCARED FOR WHAT EVER REASON TO MAKE SUBS,TRY ANYTHING NEW ETC ETC :blah:

I ALSO DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THE ****** HE SIGNED MARK BROWN WHO I THINK MUST BE OUR BEST KEEPER AT THE MOMENT BUT YOGI SIGNS HIM AND HE DOES NOT EVEN GET ON THE BENCH

HOW THE ****** DOES NISH START BEFORE BENJI.:grr:.......WHY IS RANKIN PLAYING..:grr:........LEWIS STEVENSON SHOULD NOT BE NEAR THE TEAM......:grr:

AT THE END OF THE DAY THE HIBS PLAYERS DONT GIVE A ****** AS THEY STILL GET THERE WAGES NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULT IS :top marks

OK THATS ME HAD MY WEE RANT I WILL ALWAYS BE A HI-BEE NO MATTER WHAT BUT I REALLY HOPE THAT THINGS CHANGE ASAP :notworthy:

Hakim Sar
31-03-2010, 11:16 PM
You make some good points that most would agree with. we are all as frustrated as you are but I think there was a few cliches in there too!

thought team tried hard tonight but were soundly beaten by a superior team.

how do you know yogi has lost the dressing room? the fact is none of us will ever know if the dressing room is lost.

feel that we are being shown up for what we are... there are a lot of poor players in our squad and yogi will have a job on his hands moving them out and getting better players and stronger willed characters in.

hibby4ever
31-03-2010, 11:54 PM
I agree with you m8 I prob did go a few steps too far just could not stop the rant lol. My point about the dressing was that is how it looks due to how the team are playing and how the players look. I also agree that a few need to be shipped out and stronger players need to come in. I do agree that utd was the better side I hate to say it as my blood is green n White and always will be and I never really say anything bad about Hibs I just want everything to be sorted out as we have a very good squad who can play very good football and I think that's wat makes it worse when we get beat and don't try etc on our game we could beat any spl team

Vini1875
01-04-2010, 12:37 AM
We were beaten by a better team, simple as that. I actually didn't think we played so badly at least in comparsion to recent games. dufc are a better unit than us, better organised and their players are more physically able than us.

Also the margin between failure and success was very small if you think as I did that it wasn't a penalty and had Nish converted his couple of golden chances the game would have gone very differently.

matty_f
01-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Capital letters are a good way of expressing your rage and it also makes your point seem more valid.

:hilarious:

FWIW, I thought the team looked up for the game, and that they worked hard. I think we lost because United have better players in most positions.

Rory89
01-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Woops accidently deleted my post.

ARRRRGHHHH RAGE!

bighairyfaeleith
01-04-2010, 05:24 AM
I never made it to the game, but on the radio it did sound like we where more up for it than recently. If it wasn't for some sloppy passing and hoggs mistake we could have came out on top. Was that just the commentators making more of agame of it than it was, or a true reflection?

I did turn the radio off when it got to 4-1

I'm not apologising:greengrin

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 05:56 AM
There are issues behind the scenes but I'm not posting about them.

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

We'll end up 5th at best.

I don't know when the next convincing performance will be - more worryingly neither do the manager or the players.

The football is rank.

The possession stats of recent weeks tell you everything that's wrong about how we play.

I could go on re Yogi eg more resources than Mixu/the team's around us, the post match havering and pre-match slavering, the subs but what's the point and there in lies another problem for the Board - apathy. It is creeping back into the support at an alarming rate.

Some will say that we cannot sack him - but I fear crowds are and will continue to fall re the quality of the play, the results, the tactics etc and this will catch up with Yogi sooner rather than later. Especially if STs dip after investing in the East.

If I was in charge, I'd be brave and make a change now. It might be an unpopular decision but these are best made early not later.

Glory Glory to the Hibees.

bighairyfaeleith
01-04-2010, 06:00 AM
There are issues behind the scenes but I'm not posting about them.

Yogi ain't the man IMHO.

We'll end up 5th at best.

I don't know when the next convincing performance will be - more worryingly neither do the manager or the players.

The football is rank.

The possession stats of recent weeks tell you everything that's wrong about how we play.

I could go on re Yogi eg more resources than Mixu/the team's around us, the post match havering and pre-match slavering, the subs but what's the point and there in lies another problem for the Board - apathy. It is creeping back into the support at an alarming rate.

Some will say that we cannot sack him - but I fear crowds are and will continue to fall re the quality of the play, the results, the tactics etc and this will catch up with Yogi sooner rather than later. Especially if STs dip after investing in the East.

If I was in charge, I'd be brave and make a change now. It might be an unpopular decision but these are best made early not later.

Glory Glory to the Hibees.

I'm hesitant to change manager again just because our last three managers have lasted a very short time, I mean we laugh at hearts for sacking managers every few months, also who do we bring in?

I think we stick with yogi for now but his time I think is running out.

KWJ
01-04-2010, 06:00 AM
I reckon we'll hang on through the season to a top 4 spot. Europe next season (possibly from 5th) will be on show for the unveiling of the new East and we'll slightly improve on this season.

Honestly.

TornadoHibby
01-04-2010, 06:49 AM
:hilarious:

FWIW, I thought the team looked up for the game, and that they worked hard. I think we lost because United have better players in most positions.

Aye, for around 30 minutes until they took the lead! :confused:

After that, apart from serious effort from Cregg and Rankin, and a chink of talent from Benji when he came on, we were second best all over the park to the point that it was almost embarrassing! :grr:

I've never sat in my seat in the West Lower with so many empty seats not only near where I am but all over the stadium in Hibs areas! :agree:

erskine-hibby
01-04-2010, 06:54 AM
I reckon we'll hang on through the season to a top 4 spot. Europe next season (possibly from 5th) will be on show for the unveiling of the new East and we'll slightly improve on this season.

Honestly.

Bit of a contradiction there, 4th or 5th??
I do admire you thinking that we will hold on to a top 4 slot when everything that is happening points to the contrary.
I think the only way the new east stand will be on show to Europe is if we get a friendly arranged.

Hakim Sar
01-04-2010, 09:24 AM
I am happy for yogi to get the summer and hopefully rotate about 6 players out and 6 players in

There are chinks if light (not in a racist way) in this team but the deadwood is dragging us down. Give yogi a chance to get rid of stevenson, cregg, nish etc

BT58
01-04-2010, 09:55 AM
I am happy for yogi to get the summer and hopefully rotate about 6 players out and 6 players in

There are chinks if light (not in a racist way) in this team but the deadwood is dragging us down. Give yogi a chance to get rid of stevenson, cregg, nish etc

but yogi rates nishy,:bitchy::bitchy:
personally,
i think we could be struggling for 4th as the well are on a roll,,,,,,,im just glad that we are 10 points clear of the tarts, or even that mob could pass us by
bring in more youngsters and dump the deadwood, at least with the last 5 games we could see what potential these young guys have got
weve only won 1 game in 10, i honestly dont know where we will get the next one
hb

delbert
01-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Not sure at all re dumping another manager, but there are a few issues which are clearly puzzling all of us.

1) Why do our players look so unfit compared to many other teams, we are overrun in all areas of the park by many of our opponents, so what's going on at East Mains? You can do all the ballwork you like (although that ai'nt exactly showing at present), but sometimes you have to put the balls away and do some serious hard work.

2) Right back - we've played without one all season, and because Wotherspoon has been ripped a new one on a number of ocassions recently, his confidence is now rock bottom, he's done his best, but Yogi's refusal to sort this out means that we now resort to Thicot, who also tries but guess what, he is'nt a right back either.

3) A midfield of rank average midgets who have been dominated in almost every game since January. Miller was brilliant up till that point but he has basically downed tools since then (don't believe me, watch his effort at closing Swanson down before the second goal last night). However he can't do it all himself even when he is playing well, sure he misses McBride, but Rankin, Cregg, Stevenson? these guys just don't have it, they are journeymen and always will be, Stevenson has not developed one iota since coming into the team 3 years ago. We need fighters in there who can take a game like last night where we were outplayed in the middle of the park and get into peoples faces, hassle them for 90 mins and stop giving teams a free ride at getting forward. We might not win the game but surely making things difficult by closing players down is so basic, look how United hunted our players in packs last night when they did'nt have the ball.

4) Central defence - Our captain Chris Hogg will always try his guts out, but again not the most cultured (I'm being kind, his passing is some of the worst I've ever seen), and Bamba, in my opinion better last night but again
why do so many teams cause us absolute mayhem with bog standard crosses into the box, we just don't seem to be able to defend cross balls. With Bamba away in Africa, we needed another solid centre half brought in, we know we are losing him anyway, so another guy coming in would have added competition in there till the end of this season, and perhaps have stiffened a defence so suspect with high balls.

5) Plan B - we clearly don't have one, when a game starts going t*ts up the players and coaching staff between them at present seem to have no idea how to change things, even how to just dig in for 20 mins or so and hang in there at times, we are constantly being totally dominated (yes I know we came back against Falkirk, but they are where they are for a reason).

Now I am not in the 'lets dump Yogi' camp, but hopefully his 'elevated view' over the next few weeks might give him the chance to see a few of these things which from his position in the dugout he clearly has'nt spotted. The measure of a manager is not how well he speaks when things are going right, it's how he responds in adversity, and was that not one of the points made by Falkirk fans when we got Yogi. I hope they are proved wrong.

marinello59
01-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Not sure at all re dumping another manager, but there are a few issues which are clearly puzzling all of us.

1) Why do our players look so unfit compared to many other teams, we are overrun in all areas of the park by many of our opponents, so what's going on at East Mains? You can do all the ballwork you like (although that ai'nt exactly showing at present), but sometimes you have to put the balls away and do some serious hard work.

Our players look just as fit as other teams, I don't see that as the problem

2) Right back - we've played without one all season, and because Wotherspoon has been ripped a new one on a number of ocassions recently, his confidence is now rock bottom, he's done his best, but Yogi's refusal to sort this out means that we now resort to Thicot, who also tries but guess what, he is'nt a right back either.

Do you not think that Yogi tried to bring in a RB during the last transfer window? There aren't that many quality RB's around at a price Hibs can afford. It takes more than a couple of transfer windows to build a team

3) A midfield of rank average midgets who have been dominated in almost every game since January. Miller was brilliant up till that point but he has basically downed tools since then (don't believe me, watch his effort at closing Swanson down before the second goal last night). However he can't do it all himself even when he is playing well, sure he misses McBride, but Rankin, Cregg, Stevenson? these guys just don't have it, they are journeymen and always will be, Stevenson has not developed one iota since coming into the team 3 years ago. We need fighters in there who can take a game like last night where we were outplayed in the middle of the park and get into peoples faces, hassle them for 90 mins and stop giving teams a free ride at getting forward. We might not win the game but surely making things difficult by closing players down is so basic, look how United hunted our players in packs last night when they did'nt have the ball.

United had better players in more postions than Hibs had last night, that's why they won. Again, it takes time for a manager to build his own team

4) Central defence - Our captain Chris Hogg will always try his guts out, but again not the most cultured (I'm being kind, his passing is some of the worst I've ever seen), and Bamba, in my opinion better last night but again
why do so many teams cause us absolute mayhem with bog standard crosses into the box, we just don't seem to be able to defend cross balls. With Bamba away in Africa, we needed another solid centre half brought in, we know we are losing him anyway, so another guy coming in would have added competition in there till the end of this season, and perhaps have stiffened a defence so suspect with high balls.

Again..........who do you suggest we get in? It will take time to get the right personnel in

5) Plan B - we clearly don't have one, when a game starts going t*ts up the players and coaching staff between them at present seem to have no idea how to change things, even how to just dig in for 20 mins or so and hang in there at times, we are constantly being totally dominated (yes I know we came back against Falkirk, but they are where they are for a reason).

Now I am not in the 'lets dump Yogi' camp, but hopefully his 'elevated view' over the next few weeks might give him the chance to see a few of these things which from his position in the dugout he clearly has'nt spotted. The measure of a manager is not how well he speaks when things are going right, it's how he responds in adversity, and was that not one of the points made by Falkirk fans when we got Yogi. I hope they are proved wrong.

Of course the manager knows the problems and has spotted them. Or are we all better managers than him?

matty_f
01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Aye, for around 30 minutes until they took the lead! :confused:

After that, apart from serious effort from Cregg and Rankin, and a chink of talent from Benji when he came on, we were second best all over the park to the point that it was almost embarrassing! :grr:

I've never sat in my seat in the West Lower with so many empty seats not only near where I am but all over the stadium in Hibs areas! :agree:

We were second best because United had better players so by definition we would be second best all over the park.

It wasn't bottle, spirit, fight, or tactics that lost the game last night, it was the lack of quality.

The_Todd
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
No caps lock... No shift key...

Petrie!

TornadoHibby
02-04-2010, 09:06 PM
We were second best because United had better players so by definition we would be second best all over the park.

It wasn't bottle, spirit, fight, or tactics that lost the game last night, it was the lack of quality.

What about the first 30 minutes or so then?!

When we played them earlier in the season at ER with largely the same players, they were completely outplayed in the first half and had we scored half of the good chances we created we would have had the game out of their reach at HT! :agree: Levein as much said so in his post match interview! :cool2:

The difference in that match came from Levein changing his tactics and formation and the second half was much more open and less dominated by Hibs! :agree:

Still only about quality then? :confused:

The fact that Cregg did add some serious effort to the midfield on Wednesday was good but it wasn't enough to allow us to compete with the Arabs who fought for absolutely every ball until they won it! :cool2:

For the record, I am seriously disappointed that Yogi has seemingly been unable to get some highly paid young men to at least fight for every ball as if their life depended upon it in the way that any professional competitive sportsman should be expected to perform week on week! Quality is important but not where the buck stops IMO! :wink:

Players with less ability can compete with those with more by showing large quantities of the qualities that you rather flippantly dismiss in your response to my earlier post! :agree:

But.......they have to be motivated to do so either personally or by the coach! :wink:

Wednesday nights very poor performance from Hibs showed, yet again, that this is not happening and that, IMO, is unforgiveable on the part of Yogi, his coaching staff and every one of the players concerned! :grr:

clerriehibs
02-04-2010, 09:08 PM
NO PASSION......NO HUNGER........NO INTEREST.......NO FIGHT......NO TEAM SPIRIT.....

NEED I GO ON THIS IS JUST SOME OF WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE TEAM YOGI HAS LOST THE DRESSING ROOM AND I CANT SEE HIM GETTING IT BACK HALF OF THE BLAME MUST GO TO THE HIBS BOARD AS I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKING NOTE FROM SAUZEE/COLLINS/MIXU ALL EX PLAYERS BUT NO THEY DECIDE TO GO FOR ANOTHER EX PLAYER DONT GET ME WRONG I DO LIKE YOGI AND HE IS A VERY NICE GUY BUT AS I SAID HE HAS LOST THE DRESSING ROOM AND THERE IS NO WAY HE IS GOING TO GET IT BACK ALSO I DONT THINK HE IS ABLE TO TAKE US ANYWHERE THE GUY IS TOO SCARED FOR WHAT EVER REASON TO MAKE SUBS,TRY ANYTHING NEW ETC ETC :blah:

I ALSO DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THE ****** HE SIGNED MARK BROWN WHO I THINK MUST BE OUR BEST KEEPER AT THE MOMENT BUT YOGI SIGNS HIM AND HE DOES NOT EVEN GET ON THE BENCH

HOW THE ****** DOES NISH START BEFORE BENJI.:grr:.......WHY IS RANKIN PLAYING..:grr:........LEWIS STEVENSON SHOULD NOT BE NEAR THE TEAM......:grr:

AT THE END OF THE DAY THE HIBS PLAYERS DONT GIVE A ****** AS THEY STILL GET THERE WAGES NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULT IS :top marks

OK THATS ME HAD MY WEE RANT I WILL ALWAYS BE A HI-BEE NO MATTER WHAT BUT I REALLY HOPE THAT THINGS CHANGE ASAP :notworthy:

half the fault is the board? sack half of the board then? jambo.

brydekirk
02-04-2010, 09:13 PM

When we played them earlier in the season at ER with largely the same players, they were completely outplayed in the first half and had we scored half of the good chances we created we would have had the game out of their reach at HT! :agree: Levein as much said so in his post match interview! :cool2:

The difference in that match came from Levein changing his tactics and formation and the second half was much more open and less dominated by Hibs! :agree:

The fact that Cregg did add some serious effort to the midfield on Wednesday was good but it wasn't enough to allow us to compete with the Arabs who fought for absolutely every ball until they won it! :cool2:

For the record, I am seriously disappointed that Yogi has seemingly been unable to get some highly paid young men to at least fight for every ball as if their life depended upon it in the way that any professional competitive sportsman should be expected to perform week on week! Quality is important but not where the buck stops IMO! :wink:

Players with less ability can compete with those with more by showing large quantities of the qualities that you rather flippantly dismiss in your response to my earlier post! :agree:

But.......they have to be motivated to do so either personally or by the coach! :wink:

Wednesday nights very poor performance from Hibs showed, yet again, that this is not happening and that, IMO, is unforgiveable on the part of Yogi, his coaching staff and every one of the players concerned! :grr:
you cant blame yogi cause his players did not take there chances

jabis
02-04-2010, 09:14 PM

YORKIE OOT,4EVER IN.

I LIKE A MAN WHO SPEAKS HIS MIND :agree:

oh dear,which whinging thread am I on :confused:

TornadoHibby
02-04-2010, 09:16 PM
you cant blame yogi cause his players did not take there chances

Of course you can't and I wasn't! :confused:

Taking chances affects results only! :confused:

I'm talking about our poor performances over the past two months or more and specifically on Wednesday night too! :grr:

matty_f
03-04-2010, 06:05 PM

We had a different side v Dundee Utd earlier in the season, with better players available than were available on Wednesday. I haven't checked whether the Dundee Utd side was comparable, mainly because yet again you've thrown in a banal argument to make a point different to the one already argued.

Why was there a difference at the start of the game with how we competed? Well, we got an early goal and had Utd rattled, they got the momentum when they equalised (by which point they were already making progress towards being the dominant side) - this is because they had better players on the pitch.

The fact that we were still putting in an effort to score a last minute consolation goal is a clear example of the players trying for their manager.

Hard work can occasionally beat quality, but more often than not quality (especially when it also has hard work, as was the case with Utd on Wednesday) will win through. Otherwise the Boltons of this world would be winning Premierships etc.

TornadoHibby
03-04-2010, 06:28 PM
We had a different side v Dundee Utd earlier in the season, with better players available than were available on Wednesday. I haven't checked whether the Dundee Utd side was comparable, mainly because yet again you've thrown in a banal argument to make a point different to the one already argued.

Why was there a difference at the start of the game with how we competed? Well, we got an early goal and had Utd rattled, they got the momentum when they equalised (by which point they were already making progress towards being the dominant side) - this is because they had better players on the pitch.

The fact that we were still putting in an effort to score a last minute consolation goal is a clear example of the players trying for their manager.

Hard work can occasionally beat quality, but more often than not quality (especially when it also has hard work, as was the case with Utd on Wednesday) will win through. Otherwise the Boltons of this world would be winning Premierships etc.

Little point in my replying in any substantive form I suspect! :greengrin

matty_f
03-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Little point in my replying in any substantive form I suspect! :greengrin

Finally, something to agree on!:thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
04-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Finally, something to agree on!:thumbsup:

We can all only hope and trust that, one day, the rest of us will be as omnipotent as you and be able to see all of the Hibs things the same way as you do! :greengrin

That will, however, make the need for a mb like this one totally redundant I suspect! :wink: :greengrin