PDA

View Full Version : Levein and Houston assembled that side over 3 seasons......

hibsboy90
31-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Levein and Houston were at United for years changing their side, working out what works best, who to keep, who to ship out for experience, who to dump all together, and what sort of players are needed for the side they want.

Yogi has had 9 months..... He has a plan, but doesnt have all his own players yet, he's having to work with what is available to him. Constant change of manager doesn't help us in the long term. Hughes should stay, though i'd like him to admit that we are missing players in key areas, and that perhaps he should make subs earlier.

Just because he doesnt digest what went wrong in the media like we do on here doesnt mean he thinks that everything's rosy. But the worst thing we can do now is change the manager.

GGTTH

The Harp Awakes
31-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I think you're right that Yogi needs to be given more time to get things right.

Have to say though that I'm worried about his tactics or lack of them. True he does not have all his own players yet, but he could certainly make better use of what he's got.

HibeeDaz6270
31-03-2010, 11:17 PM
I agree:agree:

We have to give Yogi time, for me we should give him until at least January. By this time he has had a full summer to bring in players to enhance the squad.

I want to see Yogi Bring in a new Centre Half, 2 if Bamba leaves. For me i think we need 2 wingers. Both wingers for me have to be players who get there head down and run at players. I keep saying it, and wil continue to do so. Defenders love the ball being infront of them, its a dream when we pass the ball about infront of them. They hate it when someone puts there head down and runs at them, You dont need to be techically the most gifted player to be effective, look at ivan sproule, he was effective because of this, Run at a player and youl get the break of the ball!!..

It was the same with yogi at falkirk, pretty passing football at times, but with no effect.

We need a striker who can show Nish how to be a target man. He just doesnt have it for me.

We also need a centre midfielder to sit infront of the back 4.

----------------Stack------------------

New RB ---Bamba ---Halon/new CH -- Murray

New Winger -- Spoony/new cm --Miller -- Galbraith?

--- Stokes-----Riordan/New Target man.

or

--------------Stack-------------------
------Bamba--New CH---Hanlon-----
New?----------Miller------------Murray
-----Spoony---------Benji----------
---------Stokes---Riordan--------

oldbutdim
31-03-2010, 11:18 PM
I'd make him do time too.

That was criminal.
:grr:

matty_f
31-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Levein and Houston were at United for years changing their side, working out what works best, who to keep, who to ship out for experience, who to dump all together, and what sort of players are needed for the side they want.

Yogi has had 9 months..... He has a plan, but doesnt have all his own players yet, he's having to work with what is available to him. Constant change of manager doesn't help us in the long term. Hughes should stay, though i'd like him to admit that we are missing players in key areas, and that perhaps he should make subs earlier.

Just because he doesnt digest what went wrong in the media like we do on here doesnt mean he thinks that everything's rosy. But the worst thing we can do now is change the manager.

GGTTH

:top marks

Tonight was, for me at least, one of the clearest signs yet that the problem lies with carrying too many ineffective players.

Yogi has to be given at least the coming transfer window to sort it out.