PDA

View Full Version : Progress...

3pm
31-03-2010, 10:18 PM
We have made none. We're brutal and have been all season. A few wins papered over some very big cracks. The paper is now hanging off the wall.

noseyhibby
31-03-2010, 10:45 PM
It's been 3 years since I held a season ticket:simply because we were/are a "work-in-progress" In some ways I'm satisfied that we are a "work-in-progress" as I've saved myself an absolute fortune and seen my mental health improve dramatically due to not having to suffer regular heartache and frustration. Having witnessed tonights capitulation to The Arabs I can see that we are still a "work-in-progress", so any concerns I had about acquiring a season ticket have vanished. I can confidently look forward to picking and choosing my games next season, and to spending my hard-earned money on other, more satisfying things. Of course, should the "work-in-progress" actually "finish" then I will reconsider my position regarding acquiring a season ticket.

James70
31-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Watching the game on Alba as I couldn't get through due to snow.

We are absolutely dreadful, can barely string more than 2 passes together without losing possession. We are unable to find our own men with the ball half the time and our organisation is non existant. On current form we are no better than last season and in fact our defence looks more suspect than it did last year. This is one of the worst Hibs teams I have seen and if it hadn't been for the goals provided by Stokes and Riordan we would easily be bottom six now.

I think our brand new stand is going to be far from full next season. We desparately need some decent experienced midfielders who can handle winter pitches because this lot certainly can't.

Saorsa
01-04-2010, 01:24 AM

We are absolutely dreadful, can barely string more than 2 passes together without losing possession. We are unable to find our own men with the ball half the time and our organisation is non existant. On current form we are no better than last season and in fact our defence looks more suspect than it did last year. This is one of the worst Hibs teams I have seen and if it hadn't been for the goals provided by Stokes and Riordan we would easily be bottom six now.

I think our brand new stand is going to be far from full next season. We desparately need some decent experienced midfielders who can handle winter pitches because this lot certainly can't.Wish I had your problem :bitchy:

KWJ
01-04-2010, 04:50 AM
reckon you're being harsh. Fair enough I didn't have to go to the game last night but still.

We've beaten last seasons points tally and will do by a decent margin. We've improved the squad and we are ALWAYS going to be a work in progress pretty much. Last time we weren't would be McLeish's team in 2000 which didn't last long due to their age anyhow.

I still think the awful winter and shoddy pitches has had a large bearing in our form.

Oh, and we are 4th. Last season we scraped into top 6 and finished 6th.

Sounds like an improvement to me.

Baldy Foghorn
01-04-2010, 07:53 AM
We have made none. We're brutal and have been all season. A few wins papered over some very big cracks. The paper is now hanging off the wall.

Dont tell Blackpool Hibs :greengrin

Leith Green
01-04-2010, 08:09 AM
reckon you're being harsh. Fair enough I didn't have to go to the game last night but still.

We've beaten last seasons points tally and will do by a decent margin. We've improved the squad and we are ALWAYS going to be a work in progress pretty much. Last time we weren't would be McLeish's team in 2000 which didn't last long due to their age anyhow.

I still think the awful winter and shoddy pitches has had a large bearing in our form.

Oh, and we are 4th. Last season we scraped into top 6 and finished 6th.

Sounds like an improvement to me.

Well thats a pretty big bearing seeing as 5 months out of ten are winter months and the pitches are shoddy for about 7 months in Scotland..

Surely you would consider this when building a team in the SPL, and maybe realise that a good work ethic coupled with strong physical presence through the spine of your side will get you through these months. Surely you would not play your players out of position and strip them of any confidence they had, yet not play players who havent been given a chance in their correct positions..

I like Yogi and would love him to succeed but I doubt he will more and more with every game that passes..

Also feel that there are too many players at our club who quite simply arent good enough to play for Hibs, and when you match that with the other players who quite simply couldnt give a daffy duck, then your in the brown stuff I'm affraid, I can count on one hand the players who actually are good enough to play for this club AND who give a flying one..

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 09:11 AM

I think our brand new stand is going to be far from full next season. We desparately need some decent experienced midfielders who can handle winter pitches because this lot certainly can't.

We got through the snow, we were diverted through penicuik, it added about 20 minutes onto the journey, and we came back along the M8 then M74.

James70
01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
What gets me is that a team with St Johnstone's resources have sussed out how to handle playing on winter pitches in the SPL and have managed to outclass us every time they have played us despite the fact we are supposed to have better players. The point I make is that they are in their first season back in the SPL and have managed to strengthen their team in a very short time with players who arguably could have done a job for us.

I repeat my previous point that without Riordan's goals(many from free kicks) and Stokes contribution we would be stuck in the bottom six. Although we have some good individual players we just cannot seem to get it together as a team and I fear for the future.

Cropley10
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM
What gets me is that a team with St Johnstone's resources have sussed out how to handle playing on winter pitches in the SPL and have managed to outclass us every time they have played us despite the fact we are supposed to have better players.

Very good points re St J. Michael Duberry is a case in point. And this at Club with about 3,000 fans.

Maybe their players live and breath professional football and have the necessary 'character' we keep hearing about.:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 12:21 PM
What gets me is that a team with St Johnstone's resources have sussed out how to handle playing on winter pitches in the SPL and have managed to outclass us every time they have played us despite the fact we are supposed to have better players. The point I make is that they are in their first season back in the SPL and have managed to strengthen their team in a very short time with players who arguably could have done a job for us.

I repeat my previous point that without Riordan's goals(many from free kicks) and Stokes contribution we would be stuck in the bottom six. Although we have some good individual players we just cannot seem to get it together as a team and I fear for the future.

Which is why we need better players to compliment them, not empty them out the door, as some idiots want.

IWasThere2016
01-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Which is why we need better players to compliment them, not empty them out the door, as some idiots want.

Yup - either leaving would be a real body blow :agree:

weonlywon6-2
01-04-2010, 06:39 PM

:agree::agree:

st johnstone,motherwell and united. all have done very well and good luck to them.

st johnstone ripped rangers to bits the other night.

we just seem to have no fight at all.

weonlywon6-2
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM

:agree:

2 midfielders (and they dont have to be tall) and 2 defenders of decent quality and we will be a lot better.

3pm
01-04-2010, 07:11 PM
:agree:

2 midfielders (and they dont have to be tall) and 2 defenders of decent quality and we will be a lot better.

Defenders? Not the Hibs way. Forwards and flair....until the penny drops that you need to battle, scrap and kick as well. It's amazing how we never address it.