PDA

View Full Version : Tactically Inept

The Harp Awakes
31-03-2010, 10:05 PM
United are massive in the middle of the park and we are midgets.

Hibs game plan tonight was to play the ball through the middle of the park all night with nobody going wide, apart from Murray the odd time.

Galbraith sitting on the bench.

Tactically inept.

noseyhibby
31-03-2010, 10:07 PM

Hibs game plan tonight was to play the ball through the middle of the park all night with nobody going wide, apart from Murray the odd time.

Tactically inept.

:agree:

Baader
31-03-2010, 10:08 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why we haven't seen more of Galbraith. Not talking about starts either but just coming off the bench. Am I missing something?

James Connolly
31-03-2010, 10:12 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why we haven't seen more of Galbraith. Not talking about starts either but just coming off the bench. Am I missing something?

No, but Yogi certainly is!!

Green4Go07
31-03-2010, 10:16 PM
:agree:Bamba midfield,Galbraith wide,problem solved

bingo70
31-03-2010, 10:17 PM
:agree:Bamba midfield,Galbraith wide,problem solved

Bamba in midfield really sorted out or midfield problems last season right enough

Green4Go07
31-03-2010, 10:22 PM
When Bamba played midfield at times last season he like everyone else made mistakes,any yes buy all means we were not setting the heather on fire,but at least we did have a bit more dig when he played there.

bingo70
31-03-2010, 10:26 PM
When Bamba played midfield at times last season he like everyone else made mistakes,any yes buy all means we were not setting the heather on fire,but at least we did have a bit more dig when he played there.

no, when bamba played in midfield we were completely over run, the reason for that is he isn't a midfielder, he's a central defender so positionaly he didn't have a clue, there's more to midfield than just throwing yourself about like a mad man unfortunately

Hibbie_Cameron
31-03-2010, 10:29 PM
The thought of taking Bamba out of our already shocking defence fightens me to death

Hakim Sar
31-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Think this bamba in midfield thing is a bit of a myth as he is always susceptible to a mistake or a rash red card. he doesn't have a scooby about how to positionally hold shape when in midfield

It's turning into a scapegoat excuse

Jonnyboy
31-03-2010, 10:33 PM

Tactically inept.

United's midfield was Swanson, Gomis, Bauben and Conway none of whom are 'massive'

They're just better players than ours is all :wink:

bingo70
31-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Think this bamba in midfield thing is a bit of a myth as he is always susceptible to a mistake or a rash red card. he doesn't have a scooby about how to positionally hold shape when in midfield

It's turning into a scapegoat excuse

:coffee: :wink:

no, when bamba played in midfield we were completely over run, the reason for that is he isn't a midfielder, he's a central defender so positionaly he didn't have a clue, there's more to midfield than just throwing yourself about like a mad man unfortunately

Hibbie_Cameron
31-03-2010, 10:35 PM
United's midfield was Swanson, Gomis, Bauben and Conway none of whom are 'massive'

and all playing in there natural postion

Hainan Hibs
31-03-2010, 10:36 PM

Yep and as Houston said on the radio they work hard in the gym, try to build themselves up and do the things they need to do to succeed.

Their midfield once again was all over ours.

Green4Go07
31-03-2010, 10:38 PM
I am not saying Bamba is a natural midfielder,and when on his game he is a great asset to have in defence,but as Yogi has previously been quoted saying he picks his team horses for courses.
At the start off the season when the pitches are good and the team was playing ok,his place in the team was correctly defence.

Now is the time for a shot again in midfield,just to see if it works,as something really needs to be done to try to improve that area.

Diclonius
31-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Bamba in midfield really sorted out or midfield problems last season right enough

That's because we played 4-1-5.

bingo70
31-03-2010, 10:44 PM
That's because we played 4-1-5.

not in every game we never, there were games when he played in a 'conventional midfield' and were completely over run, he ended up playing as a 5th defender as he had absolutely no idea where to go to influence the game so just kept on dropping deeper and deeper.