PDA

View Full Version : 9185

Bob Box Fish
31-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Surely can't be accurate? In terms of league matches is that our lowest attendance for our biggest game?

For the Celtic game should just move south standers into north / west and make a few quid out of the weejies?

EH6 Hibby
31-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Surely can't be accurate? In terms of league matches is that our lowest attendance for our biggest game?

For the Celtic game should just move south standers into north / west and make a few quid out of the weejies?

That can't be right, the West was almost completely full and that holds 7 alone, the famous five was 3/4 full as well, couldn't tell you about the South but the bottom tier was nearly full by the looks of it where I was sitting. :confused:

Hibs Class
31-03-2010, 09:32 PM
I reckon it sounds about right. A fair number of FF regulars weren't there, and there were a lot of spaces in the south, esp. the upper tier.

Antifa Hibs
31-03-2010, 09:34 PM
I reckon it sounds about right. A fair number of FF regulars weren't there, and there were a lot of spaces in the south, esp. the upper tier.

There was gaps in the FF and West, more so the FF. The upper South must've had a good 1000+ empty seats alone, then you've got the few hundred seats in segragation.

Speaks volumes alone when only 8300 home fans can be arsed going along to the biggest game of the season.

RoxburghHibs
31-03-2010, 09:43 PM
There looked more than 8400 Hibs fans there tonight, this has to be a mistake.

Saying that there will be more crowds like this if we continue to perform the way we are.:grr:

K.Marx
31-03-2010, 09:53 PM
and to think there was a thread slagging united for getting 7,600 against well :rolleyes:

noseyhibby
31-03-2010, 10:02 PM
This figure shouldn't be surprising after the generally poor performances through out the season -culminating in the current free-fall situation.
I was at tonights game, rather reluctantly I might add. Tonights performance will do little to encourage those few that made the effort in the hope that somehow Hibs would actually pull something out of the hat. For me, it could very well be my last game this season. I was slightly tempted to get a season ticket whilst purchasing my Dundee united ticket, but thought I'd see if the game and the performance would help me make up my mind. Well it certainly did this. No way am I getting a season ticket. I will do what I have done for the past couple of years and pick and choose -saving myself a fortune and a lot of heartache and frustration

Nakedmanoncrack
31-03-2010, 10:03 PM
and to think there was a thread slagging united for getting 7,600 against well :rolleyes:
:agree:
A ridiculous thread.
Doubted we'd get over 10,000 tonight, so no surprise at the poor turnout.

hibee_girl
31-03-2010, 10:03 PM
There was gaps in the FF and West, more so the FF. The upper South must've had a good 1000+ empty seats alone, then you've got the few hundred seats in segragation.

Speaks volumes alone when only 8300 home fans can be arsed going along to the biggest game of the season.

Remember that some people couldn't get to the game because of snow etc

Alfred E Newman
31-03-2010, 10:13 PM
:agree:
A ridiculous thread.
Doubted we'd get over 10,000 tonight, so no surprise at the poor turnout.

Why? Arguably our most important game left and our poorest league crowd of the season. This new stand could turn out to be a huge white elephant.

TheEastTerrace
31-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Arsenal vs Barcelona on the TV or Hibs vs Dundee Utd in the freezin cauld :hmmm:....sorry, it's come to this for me. Just can't justify paying the prices to watch the SPL anymore.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Why? Arguably our most important game left and our poorest league crowd of the season. This new stand could turn out to be a huge white elephant.

Sadly I think you could be right, it doesn't surprise me though, I had a spare Season Ticket tonight which I literally couldn't give away.

Carheenlea
31-03-2010, 10:21 PM

He meant the thread slagging off Dundee Utds crowd v Well, not this one!

down the slope
31-03-2010, 10:25 PM
The only way fans can vote is with their feet and no doubt they will do this big time next season, i think the ST's will be down by a good 2-3k and this is what decides managers futures, Mixu was out on his jaksi when the tash saw the early take up for this season, i reckon this will happen again.

Bishop Hibee
31-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Given the gloomy outlook of many poster on here I'm surprised that many bothered :rolleyes:

No East Stand didn't help the atmosphere either with the "singers" scattered around the ground. No chance of any vocal backing for the team in the area of the West Upper where I sit. At 1-0 up I felt I was being stared at for shouting and getting excited. 6 of us definitely moving to the new Stand when complete.

Given the numbers of fans who have already thrown in the towel, we'll be lucky to get 8,300 Hibees on Sunday :bitchy:

Change the manager and they might come back only to spit the dummy when we go through another bad patch next season.

Bishop Hibee
31-03-2010, 10:30 PM
The only way fans can vote is with their feet and no doubt they will do this big time next season, i think the ST's will be down by a good 2-3k and this is what decides managers futures, Mixu was out on his jaksi when the tash saw the early take up for this season, i reckon this will happen again.

And the end of 2010/11 and the end of 2011/12 if we don't finish 4th or above or will only 3rd do? What if a manager finishes 3rd then 4th? Should he be sacked for this failure in comparison to the season before?

HH81
01-04-2010, 06:52 AM
Confirmed as this crowd on Hibs site.

I was at the Aberdeen night game a few weeks ago, I can't believe that attracted a bigger crowd!!!

:top marks to the fans that made it though that had to travel some distance.

RoxburghHibs
01-04-2010, 08:26 AM

I agree 8,500 Hibs fans last night is poor, however 6700 Dundee Utd fans on Saturday is even worse. Also 700 Dundee Utd fans last night is not great either, especially as they are flying at present (although not sure why we made their end all ticket, so that was no doubt a big factor in their small turnout last night :confused:)

So I guess both Hibs and Dundee U have p1sh supports this season.

I also don't want to make excuses for last nights poor turnout, but there was severe weather conditions which reduced the home crowd. I know of some fans who couldn't make it due to road closures (from the Borders). Also you got to take current form into consideration. So yes 8,500 is crap agreed, but not a major surprise if we are being honest.

Are Celtic getting the entire South stand on Sunday? Probably makes sence to give them this and move the Hibs fans, as we won't sell 13,000 home tickets for Sunday.

Joe Baker II
01-04-2010, 08:55 AM

Totally agree. 3 guys I often go with (not ST holders) decided not to go last night, mixture of poor form, dislike of the West Stand and the quality of stewarding - plus weather combined with Arsenal-Barca on TV probably put off some travelling longer distances.

I paid at the gate last night but understand their reasoning, as you imply of the 10 or so in our group that have season tickets they are all saying they are not renewing and some are even thinking of watching juniors instead in future, they may change their mind nearer the time but I suspect not.

I very much doubt crowd exceeded 10,000 last night - there were a lot of gaps in West, South and particularly in FF which looked half full.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I agree 8,500 Hibs fans last night is poor, however 6700 Dundee Utd fans on Saturday is even worse. Also 700 Dundee Utd fans last night is not great either, especially as they are flying at present (although not sure why we made their end all ticket, so that was no doubt a big factor in their small turnout last night :confused:)

6700 is worse than 8500 if you are just comparing numbers, but of course you are not comparing like with like. Dundee Utd are not and never have been as big a club as Hibs, they are a medium sized provincial club, of course their crowds are smaller than ours. Would you compare Old Firm crowds to ours? If so even a full house at the redeveloped Easter Road will be less than the smallest their crowds ever go, so will that mean its a poor crowd?

hibee_girl
01-04-2010, 09:13 AM

I also don't want to make excuses for last nights poor turnout, but there was severe weather conditions which reduced the home crowd. I know of some fans who couldn't make it due to road closures (from the Borders). Also you got to take current form into consideration. So yes 8,500 is crap agreed, but not a major surprise if we are being honest.

Are Celtic getting the entire South stand on Sunday? Probably makes sence to give them this and move the Hibs fans, as we won't sell 13,000 home tickets for Sunday.

No

K.Marx
01-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Also 700 Dundee Utd fans last night is not great either

Emm maybe because 700 is all they were offered? They sold that out so who's to say they might not have taken upwards of 1000 if they were offered?

Im also pretty sure United will have been getting their best gates for some years now so to say they have a pish support "this season" is harsh. They've always been a smaller club from a smaller city so why do you insist on comparing them to Hibs?

Antifa Hibs
01-04-2010, 09:23 AM

They are getting 700, i'd give them an extra 1000 upstairs though, more money for Hibs as we won't be needing it.

4-figure attendences will be the norm next season. Absulute pish performances, a bigger stadium to fill yet Hibs decide to increase prices by anything from 10-30%!!

RoxburghHibs
01-04-2010, 09:35 AM
6700 is worse than 8500 if you are just comparing numbers, but of course you are not comparing like with like. Dundee Utd are not and never have been as big a club as Hibs, they are a medium sized provincial club, of course their crowds are smaller than ours. Would you compare Old Firm crowds to ours? If so even a full house at the redeveloped Easter Road will be less than the smallest their crowds ever go, so will that mean its a poor crowd?

Ok you're spot on - I guess I need to look at Dundee Utd as a smaller club than us. I guess I'm a child of the 80's when Dundee Utd were a major force in Scotland.

Emm maybe because 700 is all they were offered? They sold that out so who's to say they might not have taken upwards of 1000 if they were offered?

Im also pretty sure United will have been getting their best gates for some years now so to say they have a pish support "this season" is harsh. They've always been a smaller club from a smaller city so why do you insist on comparing them to Hibs?

Yeah that's what I said :confused: Although wasn't aware their gates were up this season so apologies on that front.

Andy74
01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
A bit annoying that the upper south seemed to have a lot of spaces. you could only pay at the gate in the lower.

Joe Baker II
01-04-2010, 09:43 AM

The last 2 posts highlight that we are not close to filling even a reduced capacity ground but are limiting the allocations of 2 sets of away supports who could easily have sold more - no wonder Hibs fans are starting to turn away from the idiots that are running the club.

(I realise some twat will probably try and defend the Hibs Board by claiming increased security costs do not justify doing this - this is emphatically NOT the case).

RoxburghHibs
01-04-2010, 09:46 AM
A bit annoying that the upper south seemed to have a lot of spaces. you could only pay at the gate in the lower.

I paid in the lower but sneaked up to upper at half time :greengrin

You're right it wasn't very busy - must have been a couple thousand season tickets didn't make it for whatever reason.

Joe Baker II
01-04-2010, 09:48 AM

Gather they are not and think I for one will give Sunday a miss, reduced away support will mean even less atmopshere on Sunday and even less reason for Hibs fans still to make a decision to go. One really wonders who on earth makes decisions at Hibs, a bit of thought and organising and arrangements for more away fans last night and Sunday could easily have been made.

Peevemor
01-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Gather they are not and think I for one will give Sunday a miss, reduced away support will mean even less atmopshere on Sunday and even less reason for Hibs fans still to make a decision to go. One really wonders who on earth makes decisions at Hibs, a bit of thought and organising and arrangements for more away fans last night and Sunday could easily have been made.

You never miss a chance do you?

Had Hibs won last night and there weren't enough tickets for the home support on Sunday, you would have been the first on here bumping his gums.

Antifa Hibs
01-04-2010, 09:56 AM
It's still a silly decision. I'm sure the Arabs could've shifted 500 more last night, so just shy of 10 grand. Could've gave Celtic an extra 1000 tickets (You still could and they'd sell them by Sunday) so an extra £27k. Take away security costs yadda yadda, thats £30k Hibs have done themselves out off.

Joe Baker II
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Had Hibs won last night and there weren't enough tickets for the home support on Sunday, you would have been the first on here bumping his gums.

Oh dear you should really check out some of my previous posts. No I would not have been "bumping my gums" as you put it, away supporters are essential at all grounds to improve atmosphere and as thread indicates my view is not alone!

Joe Baker II
01-04-2010, 11:38 AM
It's still a silly decision. I'm sure the Arabs could've shifted 500 more last night, so just shy of 10 grand. Could've gave Celtic an extra 1000 tickets (You still could and they'd sell them by Sunday) so an extra £27k. Take away security costs yadda yadda, thats £30k Hibs have done themselves out off.

The additional security costs would have been in the region of £2-3k maximum for each game and in fact in some ways fuller grounds are easier to police as harder to move around, also have to remember there would be some other extra income generated directly (programmes) and indirectly (food and drink) by having more fans in the ground (and some hesitant Hibs fans more likely to go if they think there will be a larger crowd) which chip away at the £2-3k extra costs, even before you take ticket sales into consideration.

1875 NO 1
01-04-2010, 11:41 AM

Stand is getting split in two on Sunday. Tic getting approx 1500 ticks

Removed
01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
You never miss a chance do you?

Oh dear you should really check out some of my previous posts. No I would not have been "bumping my gums" as you put it, away supporters are essential at all grounds to improve atmosphere and as thread indicates my view is not alone!

Aye, but as long as it's not at Tyncastle for a Sat 12:15 ko :bitchy:

Joe Baker II
01-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Stand is getting split in two on Sunday. Tic getting approx 1500 ticks

So I understand, fail to see why that was not done for United last night.

Peevemor
01-04-2010, 02:52 PM

I've read and commented on a lot of your posts. You never have anything positive to say about the club or those that run it and are becoming very tiresome.

resident_Arab
01-04-2010, 02:57 PM

Might be nitpicking but we had 7000 utd fans on sat, more than usual for motherwell at home, its usually our smallest gate or close to it.

700 tickets is all we were given.

marinello59
01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
The last 2 posts highlight that we are not close to filling even a reduced capacity ground but are limiting the allocations of 2 sets of away supports who could easily have sold more - no wonder Hibs fans are starting to turn away from the idiots that are running the club.

(I realise some twat will probably try and defend the Hibs Board by claiming increased security costs do not justify doing this - this is emphatically NOT the case).

Anybody that disagrees with your pronouncements is a tw@t then? :faf:

Golden Bear
01-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Might be nitpicking but we had 7000 utd fans on sat, more than usual for motherwell at home, its usually our smallest gate or close to it.

700 tickets is all we were given.

We've more reason to be concerned with recent attendances than you guys.

EasterRoad4Ever
01-04-2010, 06:23 PM

I'm a ST holder and still couldn't bear going along on a freezing cold night to what was arguably the most important game left of the season. The result and general capitulation to a vg Utd side was inevitable. Although European football is still a possibility, the season cannot end quickly enough - put Yogi and this latest clutch of plastic Hibs players out of their misery.

ekhibee
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM

Actually they've ALWAYS had a pish support, Dundee are a far better supported team than them, and to my knowledge always have been.

resident_Arab
01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Actually they've ALWAYS had a pish support, Dundee are a far better supported team than them, and to my knowledge always have been.

Our support is class actually.

Your knowledge is non existant if you think that, can assure you that even when Dundee finish above us in the SPL we average more, especially once the novelty factor for them of actually being in the SPL wore off

Our recent supports to embra are pretty good, brought atleast a 1000 on our 3 previous trips to ER before last night.

Taken 2100 and 1800 on our last 2 visits to Tynecastle aswell.

The most either embra side has brought to Tannadice in the same period is 1500, but there have also been cases of 700 and the like from both aswell in that time... less than we have took to embra in the same period.

The Baldmans Comb
01-04-2010, 08:31 PM

I'm afraid your knowledge is verging on the complete and utter nonsense because in the last 25 years Dundee UTD average crowds have exceeded Dundee's 23 times.

23-2 is some gubbing.:hnet:

Removed
01-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm a ST holder and still couldn't bear going along on a freezing cold night to what was arguably the most important game left of the season. The result and general capitulation to a vg Utd side was inevitable. Although European football is still a possibility, the season cannot end quickly enough - put Yogi and this latest clutch of plastic Hibs players out of their misery.

After that post I'd be changing your username :bitchy:

It was cold - ****in man up

Result was inevitable - really, did you predict 4-2 or just expected us to get beat? Maybe if you actually supported the team by turning up rather than moaning on here things might improve.

European Football still a possibility - ffs what a defeatist attitude, so why should the players turn up if you've just about given up :rolleyes:

The season can't end quickly enough - more points than last season with how many games to go? What were you actually expecting?

So your solution is to empty Yogi and which players exactly?

Amazing you can get so many dicks posting on the same thread :yawn: