PDA

View Full Version : Stack

AugustaHibs
31-03-2010, 09:16 PM
*****e. Kick gave away possession for first goal. What was he doing at the 3rd goal? What must brown think. How does he not get a game is beyond me.

lugz
31-03-2010, 09:19 PM
*****e. Kick gave away possession for first goal. What was he doing at the 3rd goal? What must brown think. How does he not get a game is beyond me.

He is total *****e, kicking was terrible!! As you said who knows what he was doing for the 3rd (even though bamba should have closed the shot). I was in the FF upper and it was a basic save to make for the 3rd!

Needs punted asap.

Malthibby
31-03-2010, 09:21 PM
He certainly didn't exude confidence, & his kicking was woeful. Perhaps it is time for Brown.

hibee_girl
31-03-2010, 09:23 PM
He should be 3rd choice keeper at best, he can't kick the ball, he doesn't move of his line, he was static at a few of their chances tonight

but hey, he gets on with Bamba so it's ok :rolleyes:

Dalkeith Hibee
31-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Smith should never have been dropped.

PISTOL1875
31-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Smith should never have been dropped.

Correct.. Smith is the best keeper at the club and finds himself now on the bench,, Well done Yogi....:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

easterhib
31-03-2010, 09:29 PM
number 2 at every club he has played for. give gloves back to maka.

Hibs Class
31-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Even if his defence left him exposed, Stack certainly did more than enough tonight to justify being dropped for Sunday. The goals he is conceding are getting softer with each game.

Biffa Bacon
31-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Think the stats from the BBC match report tells the story. United had 3 shots at goal and scored 3 goals (not including the penalty of course). Awful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8592876.stm

lugz
31-03-2010, 09:32 PM

Don't be silly

Ants
31-03-2010, 09:33 PM
SMITH BACK NOW.
Stack is a poor mans Maka.

PISTOL1875
31-03-2010, 09:34 PM
SMITH BACK NOW.
Stack is a poor mans Maka.

Graeme Smith must be back in for the next game...

Simkin911
On that performance I would have Maka in before Stack and that's not a decision I'd take lightly. Truly awful.

H18sry
Smith should never have been dropped.Correct and that goes back to the first time he was dropped, he is by far the best keeper on our books

Correct.. Smith is the best keeper at the club and finds himself now on the bench,, Well done Yogi....:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks
:agree:

LTYF:devil:

MussyHibby
31-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Thought he had slippers on first half, his distribution was so bad, yet Hogg still chose to pass back to him!:grr:

Thought Goodwillie's feet were too quick for Bamba and Stack for the 3rd tbh.

Also, what's with the continental punches when he can easily catch :confused:

Overall though, never been a fan. Smith for me. :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-03-2010, 10:14 PM
He was murder. Really bad. Why exactly did yogi sign Brown!?!?

Perspective
31-03-2010, 11:39 PM
I know I'm probably in a minority of one, but I think Maka is technically the best keeper at the club and I'm sure his 'goals conceded' stats would surprise a few people.

Sadly he maybe doesn't have the mental resilience of Stack.

NOLA
31-03-2010, 11:55 PM
let's slag off another 1 of our goalies:grr: it is a team game right enough, let's just sign Budgie again! FFS people

joebakerforever
01-04-2010, 12:35 AM
He was murder. Really bad. Why exactly did yogi sign Brown!?!?

Think a lot of us are wondering the same thing :confused:

When he's played for ICT, Celtic & Killie, looked reliable, rather than brilliant, and I'd happily settle for that.

silverhibee
01-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Stack from start to finish last night was just woeful, this Sunday he should be up in the stand with Maka, i didn't think Smith deserved to be dropped from the team either, but this Sunday i think Brown should be given the chance in goals ahead of Smith, coming up against his old team he may have a point to prove to them for leting him go.
Hibs need to find there No 1 goalie for next season, and i think now is the time to see if Brown is up for the job in goals.

C'mon the Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Do you think Dundee United will be dropping their keeper for their next match? His kicking was woeful and he let in 2 goals from the 2 shots we had.

Franck is God
01-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I know I'm probably in a minority of one, but I think Maka is technically the best keeper at the club and I'm sure his 'goals conceded' stats would surprise a few people.

Sadly he maybe doesn't have the mental resilience of Stack.

Maka is the best natural keeper I have seen at ER since Goram, every goal he has ever conceded has been overly analysed and criticised by people on this board and the media alike while completely ignoring the vital saves he has made, his dominance of the box and his generally very good distribution.

I very sadly admit we will probably never see him in a Hibs shirt again but he will play at a far higher level than the SPL in his future. He has all the qualities of a top level keeper and the fact that he was dropped for Stack is nothing short of a joke.

This is not a comment based on last nights performance its just what I believe and any of my previous posts on the subject will back this up.

James70
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Maka is 10 times the keeper that Stack is but will not play for us again. Time for Brown to be given his chance.

Golden Bear
01-04-2010, 12:05 PM

I'll second that.

Westie1875
01-04-2010, 12:08 PM
I'd like to see Smith back in with Brown on the bench. Stack was awful last night.

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Maka is the best natural keeper I have seen at ER since Goram, every goal he has ever conceded has been overly analysed and criticised by people on this board and the media alike while completely ignoring the vital saves he has made, his dominance of the box and his generally very good distribution.

I very sadly admit we will probably never see him in a Hibs shirt again but he will play at a far higher level than the SPL in his future. He has all the qualities of a top level keeper and the fact that he was dropped for Stack is nothing short of a joke.

This is not a comment based on last nights performance its just what I believe and any of my previous posts on the subject will back this up.

:faf: Thought you were serious then I realised the date today.

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Maka is 10 times the keeper that Stack is but will not play for us again. Time for Brown to be given his chance.

:faf: Another attempt at an April fools joke.

James70
01-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Only one fool and he was between the sticks last night! :bye:

Franck is God
02-04-2010, 12:47 PM
:faf: Thought you were serious then I realised the date today.

100% serious, consider myself quite a good judge of a player and I'm not wrong too often.

I believe that Maka will play at a high level in his career and we are missing out right now by not playing him. I have accepted the fact that he is unlikely to get another opportunity at ER but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

brog
02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
We have 4 keepers none of whom are particularly impressive. Stack seems very self confident but without good reason. The 3rd goal was dreadful & the 4th not much better. Maka has the stature but unfortunately also the history & we have to recognise he's gone. Smith is a decent shotstopper but doesn't really command his area well enough & may be scarred by Ross County. Brown is similar to Smith but probably deserves his chance & he would love to play on Sunday.
It's crazy we can't get a really sound keeper. Arabs & Yams seem to come up with unknown foreigners who do a grand job. We struggle every time. For a team with our heritage of wonderful keepers it's ridiculous that we've now become the butt of jokes re our keepers.
Personally I blame the tache! :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2010, 05:01 PM

good first post yves, but it wont wash sorry